Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 ... 61 62 63
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-09-10 12:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So they just announced this:

YouTube Video Placeholder

I realize the game itself won't look anything like this until maybe a decade or two of updates, if ever. Even so, I am happy to be alive in this day and age.

For perspective, it is very reminscent but NOT TO BE CONFUSED with Google's April Fool's joke:

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-09-10 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i want this in my life
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-10 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope it's not freemium
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-10 13:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have at least put in some real gameplay and not just the pokeball crap at the end
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-09-10 14:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that looks potentially epic. But yeah I hope there isn't too much "pay to play" type shenanigans.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-09-10 14:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I got really excited for the second vid "Oh yay! A reason to hike!" ...oh nvm April Fool's;-;

\'-'/ Looks great though!
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-10 16:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a phone game for pokemon? Seems interesting
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-09-10 16:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Its suposidly free to play and DL with in app purchases (prolly pokeballs, ect) and theres a sorta watch thing that Satoru Iwata finishe right before his death that links to your game and notifies ya when theres a pokemon near.

The poketear thing also detaches
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-09-16 12:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'll be switching to this after FFXI dies in November. Although for much of my LS, last night's update was the last straw for them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-16 12:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope that different pokemon aren't spread out too far apart from each other.

It would suck for most people that you could only catch Caterpies in a mile radius from your house.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-16 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I hope that different pokemon aren't spread out too far apart from each other.

It would suck for most people that you could only catch Caterpies in a mile radius from your house.

Kid found wandering 50 miles on interstate to catch wild Poochenyas.

Kid found swimming in drainage ditch, claims wild Grimer were nearby.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2015-09-16 12:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit, more bug pokemon in my pool drain...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-09-16 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

4chan at it again..

[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-16 13:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"Yeah, is this NASA? Yeah, I would like to go into space.... I want to catch a Deoxys. ....A Deoxys. You know, the Pokemon."
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-17 07:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the fight's IRL, are they expecting us to be wearing google glasses or some ***for these "holograms" or is it going to be it's just on your phone....... because the latter would be lame.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
By Kuwoobie 2015-12-28 01:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I recently learned Pokemon Go will eventually be making use of this technology:

--and now I am much more hopeful for the future. From what I can tell, we won't really be able to "see" the pokemon outside of our phones in the early days, but perhaps this new "Magic Leap" stuff will make it more the way we want it to be.

Information gathered on Reddit so far:
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [196 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-07-11 06:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

bump......anyways, some of the stories I've been hearing about this game are hillairious/kind of sad.

apparently a lil girl was playing this game, and found a dead body.

Two people also used this game to rob people or something.....

Dear god what has Nintendo done......
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-11 07:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
bump......anyways, some of the stories I've been hearing about this game are hillairious/kind of sad.

apparently a lil girl was playing this game, and found a dead body.

Two people also used this game to rob people or something.....

Dear god what has Nintendo done......

Made their stock go up 25%.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2016-07-11 07:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Installed it through a seperate APK last friday to see what the hubub that my Aussie friends were making was about.
Started it up, caught 2 Pokémon and uninstalled it when I saw the drain on my battery caused by it.
(My battery lost power while charging on my work Laptop.)

That said, one of the comic artists of the Dutch Metro newspaper made a comic about it.

(It's in Dutch, but I think there's enough context to warant me not translating it.)
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-11 07:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If your having battery problems go to Google maps app on your android phone and download an offline map. It means google maps isnt running in the background. Battery will last longer
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-11 07:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

game seems overly simplistic, there's no combat strategy like every other pokemon game had and it's already got cash shop involvement that's closer to pay to win than free addon

amazing idea, i'm just not seeing where the fun comes from in their implementation
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-11 08:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
If your having battery problems go to Google maps app on your android phone and download an offline map. It means google maps isnt running in the background. Battery will last longer

Will this work on iphone?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-11 08:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Will this work on iphone?
No. I don't think so
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-07-11 08:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had several problems, my GPS tracking can sometimes be very dodgy, I can't seem to use AR mode, it complains about not being able to detect my phone's orientation.

Overall though it's a fun little distraction when I'm walking places.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-11 08:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing this game since it was released on Android, and I can personally say I am sorely underwhelmed by the direction they could have turned this game. Its still early, but I'm disappointed in a few things, but here are my 10 takeaways so far:

1. The game evidently revolves around catching pokemon exclusively. You can battle gym trainers and such, but the aspect of the game where you catch, fight wild pokemon, and level up doesn't exist in the ordinary sense.

2.There is Cumulative Power + Player level, which increase by catching more pokemon and powering up your pokemon. This pretty much removes leveling through fighting in the wild. A large departure from previous games. The worst part about this that I've found is that you can actually catch the same pokemon over and over and over again and still gain exp, though it seems to be smaller. getting to level 5 grants you access to gyms, which is easily obtainable by just catching every pokemon you ever encounter, whether needed or not.

3. It uses full internet + GPS connection, and, if you do not frequently shut off background apps and monitor your battery drain, your phone may overheat very quickly (similar to tethering on older phones). Its kind of a drag.

4. PokeStops are really far in between in some places, and you literally have to be RIGHT within the general walking distance of it for you to collect items from it. I get that part, but this makes playing while driving (especially on the highway) nearly impossible, since you seem to get the "PokeStop is too far away message" when trying to enter one when driving away from it. Meh. Also, its only a matter of time before people get into car accidents playing this game trying to catch pokemon.

4b. I wil say that this game is A GREAT WAY to encourage people to be more fit. I'm surprised they didn't use this as a sales pitch! I actually was motivated to walk 3 miles at my job walking the campus grounds after work last week searching nearby "wooded" entrances for pokemon. Didn't find much, but I amassed about 7000 steps in about 40 minutes, all while stopping to catch pokemon and visit enarby pokestops (playgrounds in my area). Very cool!

5. Pokémon Incense is silly. It "attracts" wild pokemon to your area, but not nearly as potent as it should. I still only saw 5-10 pokemon while walking up and down the street near my house with incense on, for 30 minutes. You'd think that's basically the average you would find anyways, why not allow the incense to attract pokemon at a large rate, like 90% everywhere? It's not strong enough (from the 3 times I used it) to warrant buying these en masse.

6. I am finding it much harder to find rarer pokemon than the basic scrub ones, even when they are common in my area (and with Incense on). Caterpie, Pidgey, and Rattata are everywhere (which is exactly how the game was in older versions), but its kind of stupid that, with as many that there are available in the PokeWorld, you see these 95% of the time. Venonat, Scyther, and Bulbasaur were all within my general area, the former 2 having 3 footprints for each (which represents their common presence vs rarer enounters). Never once saw either of the 3. I ended up finding Venonat near my house, but couldn't catch him. The very next hour, my home was infested with Weedles, and never saw Venonat again. I don't get that.

7. The catch system is cool, in my opinion. You do get a sense of completion from gathering pokemon, especially ones you don't have. That's cool.

8. There is no way currently to chat internally with other players (though the batter drain issue is big enough of a problem). This would be helpful if at, for instance, local stops, it indicated how many players have passed by there recently, and you could leave notes indicating where rare pokemon could be found. It would just be better to communicate with others to find pokemon.

9. The "bushes" that ruffle are supposed to alert the player that pokemon are nearby. Unless I am mistaken, clicking on the bushes is supposed to force an encounter? Sorry I read this somewhere and I could be wrong. Tried it for a few days and got nothing to sprout from clicking bushes. This could simply mean that there are pokemon in this area, but you have to wait for them to just "appear", which seems uncommon.

10. You cannot play this game in your home or at a friend's house or at work on break. Because the game revolves around moving physically (which again, I get), it means that when you're at home and you've caught all the pokemon in your area at day/night/morning, you should just turn the game off because you cannot accomplish anything else at the moment.

At this point in game, there is really nothing to buy besides pokeballs, incense, and bag expander and egg incubator, which the latter 2 have probably no value at this point in the game yet. Incense, as stated above, I have no reason to buy because they don't attract them unusually high and they don't even attract rarer ones, which would be a better reason for me to buy it.

tl;dr - PokeMon Go is a fun game that requires you to travel to catch pokemon. But if you are looking for a way to kill your battery in 1 hour while burning calories and not being able to truly "battle" other players and pokemon, you'll be thrilled!

I did write this with a negative tone to it, but I will continue to play this game and monitor it frequently as updates come out.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-11 09:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

any pokemon go related deaths yet ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-11 09:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I read, but lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

Funny parts:

Quote:
Pokémon Go warns players to keep aware of their surroundings during their virtual treasure hunt, but after only a few days since its release it has already led people into a string of bizarre incidents. People have ended up in hospitals after chasing nonexistent animals into hazardous spots, and schools, a state agency and Australian police have warned people not to break the law or endanger themselves while “Pokemoning”. The game has also led wanderers to at least one home misidentified as a church, a venue the app considers a public space.

In Wyoming on Friday, the game led a teenager to a dead body in a river. “I just got up and went for my little walk, a walk to catch Pokémon,” 19-year-old Shayla Wiggens told local KCWY news. The pursuit led her to a highway bridge over the river, where she jumped a fence to approach the water. She spotted two deer near the water’s edge, and then a black shirt and pants – a corpse lying prone in the water, 6ft to her left.

This is the first week. I noticed this app does tend to lure and attract you to places you normally wouldn't go, especially if there is a PokeStop. Over the weekend I travelled to NJ. While stopping for coffee, I noticed a pokestop behind the WaWa. I walked, and it said it was a park on the app. As I got closer to the area (it was nighttime), I noticed several gravestones nearby. The park was actually a cemetary, formerly a park, which had been purchased later and changed. This is just anexample of how people should be cautious while playing this game, as the locations in the game are not always exactly as they are IRL.

Disclaimers never looked so good.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-11 09:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What I find dissappointing so far is that with all the server issues, they have not offered any free items to make up for it.

Other mobile games would offer apology items for down time etc. I constantly see people posting in RT about being showered with items during maint periods.
By fonewear 2016-07-11 09:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
any pokemon go related deaths yet ?

Just a matter of time !

Cause of death Charmander was in a river near a bridge...so I jumped.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-11 09:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All our pokestops are at fkin churches -_-
[+]
First Page 2 ... 61 62 63