Target Phasing Out Gender-Based Colors

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Target Phasing Out Gender-Based Colors
Target Phasing Out Gender-Based Colors
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 21:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
It's not that unrealistic to think that could be why those colors were picked...
More like a marketing tool.

Oh noes, evil corporations are warping our minds, let's riot!
So because of 1 article written in 1918 it must be true, right?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-08-11 22:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
And you just confirmed exactly what I had already intuited to be true. Because you've been conditioned to react with cringing, violent loathing towards anything that doesn't uphold the status quo, you're pretending this is some SJW screed causing a major corporation to tremble in fear.

Yeah, because joking around with Fonewear and making fun of Target is exactly the same as cringing, violent loathing. The hyperbole is strong with this one.
Except you wouldn't bother making fun if it didn't have a stake in it. You wouldn't comment at all, except possibly to say, "Oh, this is totally news-worthy" using sarcasm tags. Making hyperbolic statements about SJWs? That reflects what you really think.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 22:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at all the discord that pink vs blue has caused.
I agree that the whole concept is stupid, and I also agree that the whole concept is justifiable, I also agree that it can be harmful, and I also agree that it can be helpful. The bottom line is that no matter what you do, there will be a person(s) that CHOSES to be offended, someone will feel they are somehow oppressed or somehow being manipulated, and as a natural response they will fight against it. No one is right, everyone is wrong. The end.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-11 22:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Making hyperbolic statements about SJWs? That reflects what you really think.

Eh, most of my beef with SJWs comes from a few comedy websites that I frequent where most of the time the people on there are hilarious, and the rest of the time they feel the need to get on their soapbox about social issues and suck all the humor out of the air.

"Hey guys, here's a compilation of crazy skits we put together! And now, as a grand finale, here's a PSA about internet bullying. Enjoy!"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-11 22:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that unrealistic to think that could be why those colors were picked...

Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-11 22:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, why can't we apply this same level of critical thinking to the bible?

Yep, I brought religion into this ***. First the H card and now this. Might as well topicban me now.

BABA BOOEY! BABA BOOEY!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-11 22:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Might as well topicban me now.
When you ask for it, it won't come true.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-11 22:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

WHO MADE YOU THE SHOE POLICE?!?!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 23:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You sir, have seriously overestimated my reading comprehension skills! Your frustration is no ones fault but your own.

Also what is "SJWs"?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-11 23:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what is "SJWs"?

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. Definitions vary, but here's one:

"Social Justice Warrior is a pejorative label applied to bloggers, activists and commentators who are prone to engage in lengthy and hostile debates against others on a range of issues concerning social injustice, identity politics and political correctness. In contrast to the social justice blogosphere at large, the stereotype of a social justice warrior is distinguished by the use of overzealous and self-righteous rhetorics, as well as appealing to emotions over logic."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-11 23:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm told by my FB feed that PC is no longer something to be bemoaned, and can/should be replaced with "treating people with respect".

Also nothing quite makes me laugh like Pleebo making everyone who disagrees with him out to be mouth breathing buffoons in one post then lamenting the "personal attacks" in another.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 04:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet Pleebo talks about the topic, while some of you haven't even bothered but only came here for snide remarks.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 04:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And yet Pleebo talks about the topic, while some of you haven't even bothered but only came here for snide remarks.
Isn't that literally what you did just now?

I would like to continue the discussion but the thread died after Pleebo and his cronies joined in on derailing this...

No one has brought any new insights, only a bunch of "shut up you stupid idiot why you gotta be so stupid and just stop"
Calling people stupid and telling them to shut up/stop, is not contributing.
I don't need to back read to see what you just posted (that is not to say that I haven't read all the post in this thread. because I have in fact actually read them all). I don't care about the previous post when you contradict yourself in the present.
At this rate the thread will be locked.

No one seems to care about the actual topic and how it will effect the future freedoms in the world as we allow our selves to be restricted more and more all in the name of liberty and justice. Defending peoples right to take away rights based on their hurt feelings will end in nobody having any freedoms as all. Just a dictatorship with nonsense laws that don't uphold justice and protect no one from actual harm.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 04:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No it isn't. I did talk about the topic. Maybe try backreading.

Besides, telling someone they're making a snide remark is not a snide remark.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-08-12 05:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

how it will effect the future freedoms in the world
It won't. It's a *** sign in the toy section of a department store.

A customer raised a concern, the company decided they agreed. I've done that before. My local supermarket for some insane reason decided to make the price tags on its entire meat counter impossible to see. I grabbed the department manager and said, "Hey, this is kinda stupid, can we fix it?" Two days later, it was fixed. Oh god, let's all run around with our hair on fire, a customer's reasonable request was fulfilled!

Lunatic.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 05:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

how it will effect the future freedoms in the world
It won't. It's a *** sign in the toy section of a department store.

A customer raised a concern, the company decided they agreed. I've done that before. My local supermarket for some insane reason decided to make the price tags on its entire meat counter impossible to see. I grabbed the department manager and said, "Hey, this is kinda stupid, can we fix it?" Two days later, it was fixed. Oh god, let's all run around with our hair on fire, a customer's reasonable request was fulfilled!

Lunatic.
You failed to see the bigger picture I was providing.
You also resorted to name calling... How can one accomplish anything with anger and insults? A point is made much stronger when made with a clear calm head in the spirit of love rather than in angry attacks.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-08-12 06:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i'd argue exposing a kid to your super-liberal feels viewpoint does worse damage to their mentality than giving them a doll instead of a ball and painting their room pink does
Those super-liberals don't realize that their homemade cancer running rampant will be the cancer of this century.

The ***they're doing in France is next level pollution. People from all backgrounds are more scared to raise their children knowing that super-liberals will have an impact on them than they are scared about any other influence. This led to parents from all background uniting against SJW laws and they pretty much were shut down.

Scary ***those people are.

fonewear said: »
But really I wish companies had the guts to say no to things like this. They don't have to cave in cause some random people were offended.

No one is shocked that the woman that complained about this is a feminist with purple hair...

From her twitter:

https://twitter.com/abianne

Feminist | Episcopalian | MFA-ist | Fatass | Purveyor of fine personal essays, mostly re. butts | Alleged sexual libertine & conversational terrorist | She/her
Girls like that are the laughingstock of humanity. They don't even realize it, which makes it even better.

She's just a SJW that isn't defending women's interest, or anyone's for that matter, only her own. Waste of human DNA, pure and simple.

I don't even know why they're hired/given credibility. I see people like this woman pull stupid ***every single day in the video game industry, costing their company millions in $ and in customers. It's just incredible.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 06:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no bigger picture to be seen, no dictatorship at play behind the scenes. You're all just being outraged at something inconsequential, not unlike the sjws you are so against.

It's a very minor change, that is also positive. Who cares?!?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-08-12 06:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no bigger picture to be seen, no dictatorship at play behind the scenes. You're all just being outraged at something inconsequential, not unlike the sjws you are so against.

It's a very minor change, that is also positive. Who cares?!?
It's a step, this is the issue.

People made fun of Hitler because, who cares, it's just a midget with a funny stache, what the *** man, go back to worrying about your steak cooking time.

I'm exaggerating obviously, but the issue remains. It's the significance, the point, the goal, the mentality behind, the direction. Sure it can be seen naively as something shallow with no deeper meaning but SJWs have been running rampant and have been influencing governments and multinationals. You really can't be naive anymore, there is a cancer movement going on and this specific news may be part of it.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-08-12 06:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You also resorted to name calling
That wasn't name-calling any more than if I called you "brunette" is name-calling (assuming you have brown-colored hair, that is). You genuinely are espousing an idea that is lunacy. It's a straight-up conspiracy theory with no grounding in logic or fact.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 06:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, was this something worth going in the streets to protest and boycott the company over? NO!! It's not that important, and anyone thinking that way is a dumbass.

But do we need to be outraged that the company thought it was a good idea? NO! It's even a positive change and it blows my mind we're here even arguing about it.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-08-12 06:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
People made fun of Hitler because, who cares, it's just a midget with a funny stache, what the *** man, go back to worrying about your steak cooking time.
"Quick, guys, I'm gonna Godwin this *** and then pretend that makes my point valid!"

The only reason you sheep are baaing so loudly about this is because some idiot media outlet that needs a few more pageviews to make its advertising quota published a fluff piece. What happened is literally something that has been happening since before recorded history: a customer offers a thought to a merchant and the merchant agrees.

These hyperbolic "Oh god, they're gonna steal our penises!" reactions make you look like insecure, tin-foil-hatted, building a bunker in Montana paranoiacs. You wanna complain about excessive political correctness causing real problems? That's fine. But this isn't an example of that.

Let's work in reverse: why does a sign in a toy section need to say "Building sets" and, underneath that, "Girl's building sets"? What possible reason is there for that kind of redundancy?

No wonder Fox News makes money hand over fist. This generation isn't the most high-strung because of what's happening in the world, it's that way because everyone has collectively said, "Give me something to be outraged about!" Mrs. Lovejoy would hand you guys a couple Xanax and recommend a nap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-08-12 06:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, was this something worth going in the streets to protest and boycott the company over? NO!! It's not that important, and anyone thinking that way is a dumbass.

But do we need to be outraged that the company thought it was a good idea? NO! It's even a positive change and it blows my mind we're here even arguing about it.
I agree with you that whoever reacting this way to this specific news is going too far and is plain dumb.

Doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't sit idly looking by the window when you read about it. Especially when you share those people's morals, at the root.

Let's work in reverse: why does a sign in a toy section need to say "Building sets" and, underneath that, "Girl's building sets"? What possible reason is there for that kind of redundancy?
I actually agree with this, I don't see the point of being redundant here. I'd have had the same reaction if there was a worldwide movement going in this specific direction.

Not gonna bother with the rest of your homemade excrement.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-12 07:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This generation
Pretty sure it's mostly the generation from before us, or maybe 2 depending on one's age here. I doubt many people in my generation give a rats ***.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-12 07:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
BABA BOOEY! BABA BOOEY!
/clap
By Jetackuu 2015-08-12 07:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
Oh man, I could hear the music just by seeing the preview for the clip.

Talk about marketing, man.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No more pink aisles = leftist facism removing our freedoms

Didn't you get the memo?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-12 07:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
How about, instead of defending your child by telling them they can't pursue what comes naturally, everyone teaches their children not to be shitty to other children.

Just gotta:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 07:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fashion, there's no hidden agenda or meaning involved.

Except trying to make me change my wardrobe every few years!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 07:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides, telling someone they're making a snide remark is not a snide remark.

Clearly you haven't understood Nausi's oft-repeated "being intolerant of bigotry makes you an intolerant bigot" explanation. There must be something wrong with you.

Mrs. Lovejoy would hand you guys a couple Xanax and recommend a nap.

Now that.

That sounds like a real plan.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 08:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Oh man, I could hear the music just by seeing the preview for the clip.

Talk about marketing, man.

There's a fairly ubiquitous quest in the most recent WoW expansion that culminates in an achievement that's a reference to this.

I hate it, because every character I've done it on gets that *** commercial stuck in my head. It has to be one of the most effective pieces of child marketing ever made.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7