Target Phasing Out Gender-Based Colors

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Target Phasing Out Gender-Based Colors
Target Phasing Out Gender-Based Colors
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No more pink aisles = leftist facism removing our freedoms
Do you know what fascism is? One thing about it is it always starts with petty seemingly harmless ***like this. Next thing you know you are ruled under a dictatorship where any freethinking is illegal and disagreeing with the government is considered treason. Just look in history text books, the cycle is starting a new, we are repeating history.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-11 17:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think we should institute gray only kids clothing. If you are offended by gray well that's too bad.

Of course I'm offended. Just look at this insensitive jerk.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry if they had it their way being offended would be part of the Bill of Rights...

You some kids in the world worry about getting clothes and food. While in America parents worry about their feels.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 17:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
In the US they would call you a "tomboy" and that's the kind of ***that actually makes kids confused. And if this were reversed a boy would be called a sissy or something to that effect, regardless of the fact the kid is too young to even be thinking about sex, but now the damage is done and that kid will be needlessly questioning his or her gender identity at way too young of an age.

Seriously?

Just stop. You have no idea what you're talking about.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-11 17:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No more pink aisles = leftist facism removing our freedoms
Do you know what fascism is? One thing about it is it always starts with petty seemingly harmless ***like this. Next thing you know you are ruled under a dictatorship where any freethinking is illegal and disagreeing with the government is considered treason. Just look in history text books, the cycle is starting a new, we are repeating history.
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? A company decided to remove unnecessary signage. This will not lead to a new world order, sorry.
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Pleebo's an expert on such issues. That's why he only posts if certain buzzwords set off the alarm in his house.
Address the topic or stfu. The personal attacks are tiresome.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how Target is benefiting from this. (outside of money lost from feel crowd) Do people that shop at target really get upset about gender neutral signing ? I didn't know this was such a big deal.

If signs offended you well...that's too damn bad. You don't get to dictate how Target runs it's company.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-11 17:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This will not lead to a new world order, sorry.
Unfortunately.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 17:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Seriously?

Just stop. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? A company decided to remove unnecessary signage. This will not lead to a new world order, sorry.
Compelling input you have added, but can you elaborate maybe? Or did you never have a point?

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Pleebo's an expert on such issues. That's why he only posts if certain buzzwords set off the alarm in his house.
Address the topic or stfu. The personal attacks are tiresome.
Oh the irony!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to write Target an e mail saying they the color red offends me. I want them to change the corporate logo. Gender neutral corporate logos please !

Also as an anti gun activist I object to a Target logo it encourages gun violence !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-11 17:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are making a fuss equal to the activist you're seemingly disapproving.

Shop changes signs so they do not offer any subtle influence towards sex specific classifications. BIG DEAL.

It was pointless to *** about it to have em changed, but just as pointless to *** about the fact they have been.

Let's stress about everything always guys, it's good for our health.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 17:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Shop changes signs so they do not offer any subtle influence towards sex specific classifications. BIG DEAL.

It was pointless to *** about it to have em changed, but just as pointless to *** about the fact they have been.

I could be wrong but i detect sarcasm in a lot of these "offended" peoples post...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong but i detect sarcasm in a lot of these peoples post...

Johnny we have done the impossible detected sarcasm ! This day will live in infamy !

The sad part is this woman wasn't being sarcastic they actually believe in gender neutral signs or something.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 17:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
See, although they'll never admit it openly, they want everyone to conform to gender stereotypes.

I want people to be comfortable with themselves. I've known too many people who aren't because they're stuck living within societal and cultural norms and it has almost universally caused harm.
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
See, although they'll never admit it openly, they want everyone to conform to gender stereotypes.

I want people to be comfortable with themselves. I've known too many people who aren't because they're stuck living within societal and cultural norms and it has almost universally caused harm.

Yea look at me for example ! I'm so busy conforming to societal and cultural norms I forget who I am sometimes !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-11 18:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you 5 cookies that girl painted her son's nails on purpose to show the world how openmind a family they are.

Don't mind me, I don't trust anyone these days.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-11 18:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, calling your statement ridiculous is not a personal attack. I'm actually addressing your words.

What is there to elaborate on? You went from sign removal to dictatorship in about 3 posts. Read the statement they issued and please point to the unreasonable parts.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 18:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Compelling input you have added, but can you elaborate maybe? Or did you never have a point?

Being a Tomboy or playing with dolls as a boy never actually hurt anyone.

It's people in turn treating them differently for it that causes the problems.

How about, instead of defending your child by telling them they can't pursue what comes naturally, everyone teaches their children not to be shitty to other children.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-11 18:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In the future, this will just say 'Building Sets'. Everyone please proceed to freak the *** out.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 18:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This could all be summarized with: won't someone please think of the children !
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 18:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a Tomboy or playing with dolls as a boy never actually hurt anyone.
Correct. But those terms and emphasis on those things is harmful when you make it into an issue by pointing out the difference. A difference that you and your society have established and enforced over and over. That poor kid in that situation would have never thought twice about what they are doing but by bringing such ridiculous concepts and terms like "tomboy" into their minds they now will be struggling with identity.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 18:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea look at Bruce Jenner it took him all his life to find out he is a woman !

Probably cause he played with dolls as a kid I tells ya !

That or he was at Target and wanted pink Legos. But they only had blue ones.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 18:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea look at Bruce Jenner it took him all his life to find out he is a woman !

Probably cause he played with dolls as a kid I tells ya !
Funny thing about Bruce is he is actually attracted to women and not men, he claims to be straight... so he cut off his penis so he could have sex with women...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 18:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Until today I was unaware of the harmful effects of the colors blue and pink had on our children !
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 18:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In the future, this will just say 'Building Sets'. Everyone please proceed to freak the *** out.
What do you mean by "sets"? are you trying to categorize me?!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-11 18:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you 5 cookies that girl painted her son's nails on purpose to show the world how openmind a family they are.

Don't mind me, I don't trust anyone these days.

"This is my son, Billy. I brought him here today because he a hero. He is bravely standing up to societal norms by being different."

"But Mom, I don't want to be different!"

"Shut up, Billy. You will be different and you will like it."
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 18:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the name Billy is harmful to young girls that may also be named Billie... we need more gender neutral names like Sam !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-11 18:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I disagree with that. There isn't really a reason to believe the kid doesn't actually enjoy it. I just question who initiated it, given the character.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the name Billy is harmful to young girls that may also be named Billie... we need more gender neutral names like Sam !
Grey clothes ONLY and everyone will be named Sam from this day on!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-11 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
I am impressed at target, this is great to see.

It's only in the last 100 years that society dictated pink was feminine; It was described as a masculine color in the 1920's and gradually changed as people slowly purchased blue for their boys more and more.

In 1953, Dwight D Eisenhower's presidential inauguration where his wife wore a pink dress is thought to have been a turning point to the association of pink as a color associated with girls. Mamie Eisenhower's strong liking of pink led to the public association with pink being a color that, "ladylike women wear."
It's like everything changed places for no reason! This is madness!
YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7