Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-08-21 07:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case anyone is wondering what the absolute MINIMUM expansion progress requirements are, after some experimentation across a bunch of characters I've discovered the following.

CoP: Complete 3-2 "A vessel without a captain". The CS at the Ducal Palace unlocks sequence leading to acquisition of Tenzen II and Prishe II trusts.

ToAU: Complete mission 11 "Imperial Schemes". (Watch CS in Salaheem's Sentinel's day wait after completing "Astral Waves"). This is sufficient for Nashmeira/Aphmau requirements and also Rhapsody in Crimson KI.

------------

WotG: Complete mission 7 "Purple is the new black". Win black dragon fight and watch all CS afterwards. The log will show mission as "In the Name of the Father". This completes Lillisette's trust requirements after you have the first CS with Cait Sith at Batallia maw from RoV. You will receive the trust after the CS with her talking about "dreams" upon next zone-in to S.Sandy[s] by any means.

However, only after seeing the CS in Walk Of Echoes (Use Xarcabard[S] entrance) and returning to the Batallia Maw will you be able to progress into RoV mission 2-17 "Sacrifice". Unsure if the WoE CS is absolutely neccessary, but its a simple additional step with the HP just outside.

RotZ: Complete mission 4 "The Temple of Uggalepih". Again, all CS must be watched after BC, log will show "Headstone Pilgrimage" as current. Everyone seems to forget about this, but without it RoV 2-25 cannot complete!

This achieved you may push straight through to the current end-point RoV 2-41 collecting all remaining trusts and Rhapsody KI's along the way.

------------

All info confirmed 100% correct @ 22/8/15.

Last note: Passing these minimums may block you. I'm posting this as a minimalist guide for somebody wanting to push a fresh char or mule through.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-05 02:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stuck on the reunited missions and I'm on mission 40 for treasures why can't I progress
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-06 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any input anyone?
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-06 09:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

presumably Nashmeira is involved in that mission and it is blocking you from progressing in RoV. at that point, I would just finish off ToAU both for the RoE bonus and finishing RoV.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-11 16:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I completed treasures cop Zilart and seekers but yet still stuck on reunited and can't progress
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-14 13:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpidy
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-09-16 09:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My latest mule is completely locked at mission 2 - 5 - 2 "Uncertain Destinations"

Just got up to "In the Name of the Father" in WotG for her.
It won't give any joy zoning into Sandoria [S] or checking any of the maws present or past.

JP midnight in 50 min. So I'll wait till then and maybe even try entering WoE in Xarcabard [S] to see if either of those do anything.

*edit* Nope not them. I found it though.

I had to click on the blue sparkle next to the maw, and not the maw.
Could have tried that first and saved myself an hour of head scratching lol.

Ah well.. Nothing that much to worry about.
 Odin.Tsukiya
Server: Odin
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-09-18 16:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mrxdemix said: »
I'm very disappointed. I was hoping that I'd be able to enjoy the final three chapters of FFXI without completing all these missions. Many of them require a remarkable amount of time, most of which is running. For example, I must have spent an hour trying to complete Promyvion-Dem, and still have two more Promyvions to complete just for a single mission out of HUNDREDS between CoP, WotG, AG, etc.

This might be the end of my FFXI career unfortunately... was fun while it lasted.

A few things.

#1 People played and progressed in FFXI way before these new RoV bonuses. Are they nice? Yes. But we already have a TON more ways to make exp than before, FoV, GoV, RoE, and the constant exp bonuses (there's one now that's lasting all MONTH), plus the exp rings.....it never ends. With that, you can teleport anywhere in two seconds so even if you die you can go right back to fighting within 5 seconds. People got to 75 way before ANY of that crap so to say that exp bonuses etc are "necessary to progress" especially from someone who claims to have played the game back then (as did I) is a bit of a stretch, honestly.

#2 If you've already completed all the missions on your old character you could just get it reactivated and use it to progress through RoV. I personally decided to restart and so I'm redoing all the missions; not because I want to get through RoV, but because I ACTUALLY wanted to "relive" them for "nostalgic" purposes. If your nostalgia is the communication and music only well, a) the music exists in all those missions b) you could just listen to the CDs and c) since you said you did most missions alone this time around it seems like all of the people you communicated with are gone so if that's all you liked why bother coming back?

3# Because the RoV rewards are SO great, it wouldn't make sense to hand them to people who didn't complete previous missions. It's too easy to just get high level help to kill a couple monsters and get 90% exp bonus and 200% skill increases. No, no. You have to earn it. You barely have to earn anything in the game anymore and SE is doing this as the LAST chapter, if you still like this game and want to be around for a while then make it last by redoing everything. If it's been long enough for you to lose your original character, it couldn't hurt. If you don't like playing, there's really no point coming back to see the end. Just watch Youtube videos of the CSes!

Also, if you spent an hour on any Promy in THIS day and age, you're doing it wrong. We spent an hour on Mea in 2007. Dem was always the easiest and barely ever took 45 minutes. I went there at level 40 (remember it's uncapped) and got it done with trusts in 30 mins, without the map or any animas.
 Odin.Tsukiya
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-09-18 16:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
I'm stuck on the reunited missions and I'm on mission 40 for treasures why can't I progress

As per the FFXIclopedia guide, you need to zone into your home nation for a CS before moving onto Reunited if you have not finished ToAU.

Edit: Actually no, I just did this mission right now and I'm only on Mission 12 for ToAU, I did not zone into home nation for a CS, just went straight from checking Whitegate to the temple and got the CS with no issues. You may still want to try zoning, but....I got mine without issues.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-21 11:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I'm on first rov quest chapter 2 and need to examine door in Gilgamesh room but no luck. Meanwhile I'm also on Bastok mission 6-2 to talk to Gilgamesh and I can't get thru the door. Any chance anybody know how to proceed? Thanks in advance
 Odin.Tsukiya
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-09-21 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Hey all,

I'm on first rov quest chapter 2 and need to examine door in Gilgamesh room but no luck. Meanwhile I'm also on Bastok mission 6-2 to talk to Gilgamesh and I can't get thru the door. Any chance anybody know how to proceed? Thanks in advance

I was on same missions as you and did both CSes back to back no problems. Have you started Zilart?
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-22 05:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsukiya said: »
Hey all,

I was on same missions as you and did both CSes back to back no problems. Have you started Zilart?

Yes I finished zilart.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-22 06:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

What mission name is listed in your menu? The first mission of Chapter 2 has you zoning you Lower Def Tower from Qufim.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-22 09:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Hey all,

What mission name is listed in your menu? The first mission of Chapter 2 has you zoning you Lower Def Tower from Qufim.

The mission name is ring my bell. On bg wiki it says examine Gilgamesh door which is what I am stuck on. I tried entering lower d tower and exiting the tower and no cutscenes.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-22 11:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Hey all,

The mission name is ring my bell. On bg wiki it says examine Gilgamesh door which is what I am stuck on. I tried entering lower d tower and exiting the tower and no cutscenes.[/quote

Mystery solved. Had to watch the cutscenes from dawn in cop to make tenzen appear. Thanks
 Odin.Princebob
user: Princebob
By Odin.Princebob 2015-09-22 12:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

doing wotg mission Knot quite there. traded 108knot then used HP warp to zone into san (s). Stuck in a CS i cant get. now when i log on i just get downloading data until it times out.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Spyderhawk
Server: Asura
By Asura.Spyderhawk 2015-12-04 11:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My girlfriend is having a issue with moving on to the next mission, We cleared the 3 Naka's part of RoV she got her CS's, She's on Tears of the General, tried to speak to ploh, and wont give a CS or any new dialogue to complete the mission. I thought maybe another quest/mission was preventing it, turned out she was on Hades fight in SoA, so we killed both forms, she was ejected to ceizak for CS - zoned back into Adoulin, did everything the BGwiki guide says to do, waited a game day to speak to ploh - and nothing. So at this point she is unable to obtain her ring from Seekers and unable to progress in RoV as well. I'm past this point in RoV I had no issues getting my CS's, though the only difference seems to be i have every story/mission completed in the game - aside from RoV.

Anyone else having similar issues?
 Asura.Spyderhawk
Server: Asura
By Asura.Spyderhawk 2015-12-08 22:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

bump - looked on official forums with no real answer or fix for this type of issue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [378 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2016-12-20 20:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I recently came back to the game and am trying to progress through the new missions. When I left off I was on Mission 2-3 "Call to Serve" which simply requires one to zone into port jeuno. I have tried doing the requirements for both the before and after missions, and also have the tenzen ciper II in my inventory from before. I have tried zoning in to port jeuno every which way. I have combed thru this thread and the old official thread and not found an answer. As far as my other mission tabs I'm on:
Sandy R10 - no mission
Zilart - The Last Verse
Promathia - The Last Verse
Aht Urgan - Eternal Mercenary
Altana - Lest We Forget
Adoulin - The Light Within

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-12-21 01:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Hello! I recently came back to the game and am trying to progress through the new missions. When I left off I was on Mission 2-3 "Call to Serve" which simply requires one to zone into port jeuno. I have tried doing the requirements for both the before and after missions, and also have the tenzen ciper II in my inventory from before. I have tried zoning in to port jeuno every which way. I have combed thru this thread and the old official thread and not found an answer. As far as my other mission tabs I'm on:
Sandy R10 - no mission
Zilart - The Last Verse
Promathia - The Last Verse
Aht Urgan - Eternal Mercenary
Altana - Lest We Forget
Adoulin - The Light Within

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
There should be a shiny spot somewhere in the zone, I think it's close to the MH entrance. Try checking that? Sometimes if the CS doesn't play or got interrupted or you couldn't get the item from the CS, then the shiny thing they put in the zone is supposed to fix the issue. That may be what is happening with you.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2016-12-22 10:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That solved the problem! Thanks Sulia!