Forum » Windower » Support » Windower errors when launching game
Windower errors when launching game
 Asura.Mrxdemix
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-07-24 20:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am looking to get an install of Windower working on my Windows 8.1 PC with a copy of FFXI purchased through Steam.

The issue I'm experiencing is that when I go to launch press the right arrow key in the Windower interface to launch PlayOnline, the software crashes leaving me with a general error as follows:

This happens with default settings running on version 4.2.12.4.

Here is the error code:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The directory name is invalid
at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#=q$pww7u7a8E5KBZ87oKIoig==(String #=qoOfmmNOMqhuJULvaMcWu2w==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=quTc0RVW0C2_5GERaxMw4LQ==, Boolean #=qhFOX1aUHv3mgiXMa34qGNQ==, TimeSpan #=qFEzHGxyOne7p37rEWbV8$w==)
at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#=qsKKl1l0g1HURDWit8B79Fw==(String #=qqKTShJx7xnazuWOpJ6ZDeg==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=qiV1cyIFi8uzxd23Z9RTz8A==, Boolean #=qvxtyf2yqPR87sOWe96PA4A==)
at #=qvticlh8sdG9urHCodAc05R$Pt$DrlamfeVITJje_ohY=.#=qxA0hzrjWSVf3wZHstSp6qA==()
at #=q4ao$U6CJ_ca3wGsQbteYRInNOUKn7px0EZirpC9v2dQ=.#=qRSqZ29WH0ZYrlsLq$sgMxA==(#=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog== #=qhFHi0z6eBl3jv5Ev3xCTig==)
at #=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog==.#=q1GDlKxdSu3j9WeEYkyufMQ==()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

It is worth mentioning that I was able to get it working when playing on a private server two weeks ago, but now that I'm playing on a live server it won't launch. Due to the transition, I have tried clearing my PC of any Windower files including registry keys to get a clean install. This private server -> live server transition may be the issue, but I'm unsure how to fix it.

I have been using Ashita in the meantime so that I can play the game in borderless windowed mode, but I want to use Windower for its greater code.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
 Asura.Mrxdemix
Server: Asura
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-07-25 15:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It turns out that I have a European version of the game (mistake I made) and needed to define Europe as the Region in Windower 4 settings.

I'm very glad to be using Windower now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [322 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Vandlea
Server: Phoenix
user: Vandlea
By Phoenix.Vandlea 2016-06-11 17:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had this same issue, found your post through google. Wanted to say thanks for replying with how you fixed it!

Thanks!