So...drg...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » so...drg...
so...drg...
 Sylph.Sanoo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sanoo
By Sylph.Sanoo 2009-08-30 13:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem I run into now is some people don't want DRG in there Nyzul parties. I really cant think of a better job to plow through mobs than Drg/mage. Drg can kill decent challenge - tough mobs as fast as any job and can cure 4+ with 0 hate. With sanction refresh, I have kept parties alive during boss fights. I hate people who don't know anything about jobs. It drives me Nutz. Long live DRGs
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-30 13:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did my nyzul static, we started with only 1 rule. No DRG's.

Now before everyone starts chewing my *** about this, we made this rule for 1 very important reason.

99% of DRG's are geared like absolute retards and a naked SAM would out parse them.

I do respect good DRG's that know how to play, but these are few and far between.
 Siren.Anmorata
Server: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-08-30 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

eh, I'm impressed with what SAM's can do on birds, but I was rolling out good damage too, it was comparative. just last night I was in a PT w/ a SAM/WAR a DRG/SAM and my DRG/WHM.

now the SAM was doing penta for 1400-1800 sometimes 2200+ tho he was using food.

my DRG/WHM was doing drakes for 700-1800 sometimes 2200+ and I wasn't using any food or Angon.

the DRG/SAM DC'd before I could even get a feel for his WS dmg. but it wasn't as high as mine or the SAM's
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-30 13:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad as it is, I generally avoid inviting certain jobs unless I know the person. Too many AF DRGs, AF and MP BLUs, Domaruuuuuu SAMs (even though some days I'll take those if nothing else is seeking...), etc.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-08-30 13:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:

Now before everyone starts chewing my *** about this, we made this rule for 1 very important reason.

99% of DRG's are geared like absolute retards and a naked SAM would out parse them.

I do respect good DRG's that know how to play, but these are few and far between.

When I did my nyzul static (as thf) we had a relic DRG. Sounds like your loss.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-30 13:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:
Etrayis said:

That actually sounds like your loss to me.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-30 13:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:

Sure do hope you mean a Gungnir.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-30 14:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Mogue said:

Sure do hope you mean a Gungnir.

Ah I didn't even think of that. But if that's the case nice one.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-30 14:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anmorata said:

I wasn't using any food

/facepalm
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-30 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anmorata said:
eh, I'm impressed with what SAM's can do on birds, but I was rolling out good damage too, it was comparative. just last night I was in a PT w/ a SAM/WAR a DRG/SAM and my DRG/WHM.

now the SAM was doing penta for 1400-1800 sometimes 2200+ tho he was using food.

my DRG/WHM was doing drakes for 700-1800 sometimes 2200+ and I wasn't using any food or Angon.

the DRG/SAM DC'd before I could even get a feel for his WS dmg. but it wasn't as high as mine or the SAM's

Difference there, SAM has a 5 hit, you most likely have a 6 hit or so, dunno delay etc etc.

Mogue said:
Etrayis said:

Only Sarron has Gungnir on our server, and get this, he brought his SAM to the 3 or so Nyzul Isle runs ive done with him.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-30 14:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a kick in the balls for DRG's everywhere.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-30 14:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
That's a kick in the balls for DRG's everywhere.

It really really is, Sure u can hateless cure IV, but you can also just not that that dmg in the first place lol.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-30 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarron is a diabolical DRG <_<

EDIT: To elaborate, SAM is a "dumbass" job; that's not to say that it doesn't require skill, but that a gimpy SAM will be a lot better than a gimpy <other job>. Because Sarron is pretty awful, he does a lot better at SAM than a job which starts off weaker.

Relic DRG would slaughter all nonrelics in Nyzul.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-30 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:

lol, He didn't talk very much either ;o

Edit**

Raenryong said:

EDIT: To elaborate, SAM is a "dumbass" job; that's not to say that it doesn't require skill, but that a gimpy SAM will be a lot better than a gimpy <other job>. Because Sarron is pretty awful, he does a lot better at SAM than a job which starts off weaker.

Relic DRG would slaughter all nonrelics in Nyzul.

HAI! Sam has to do math for sTP :P lol. Most DD's don't even do that!

I heard Gierkosol sucks lol, so go go Drakesbane!
 Asura.Charlottie
Server: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-30 14:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

sam is the job that just wears hachiman and everything is allllrighhhhhht

Gierkosol sounds like some kind of polish pastry
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-30 15:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to do sTP maths for a lot of DDs :( a DRG sure isn't competitive without being 6hit.

SAM just has the overpowered "stack str, ignore all else and we'll double your Attack for you so you can damage anything regardless of how gimp you are" WS.

EDIT: Fixed, ty Nightfyre ; ;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-30 15:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
HAI! Sam has to do math for sTP :P lol. Most DD's don't even do that!

I heard Gierkosol sucks lol, so go go Drakesbane!

Geirskogul* is pretty shitty, yes. Gungnir's pretty badass though. Lots of melee do sTP math at some point; WAR, DRG, DRK, SAM, RNG (5-hit, even)... hell I have a TP build for my BLU that shaves off a hit to WS.

Raenryong said:
DRG just has the overpowered "stack str, ignore all else and we'll double your Attack for you so you can damage anything regardless of how gimp you are" WS.

Huh?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-30 16:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

wups

*SAM
[+]
 Garuda.Cligue
Server: Garuda
user: Cligue
By Garuda.Cligue 2009-09-28 20:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG ROCKS YA~!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2009-09-28 20:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Drg has been ungimped quite a bit, given access to real gear and a wider range of gear. Still most of the good gear is still hard to get but at least access to it is available. Much of the drg stigmata was passed to pup also.

Gear well, gear for the situation and know how to best use that gear in any situation you encounter. A job is only as powerful as the user is resourceful. Anyone can downplay a job because they've meet a lot of gimps but judge the player not the job. It doesn't matter what job your on your going to parse better if you know how to use the tools provided to you.

On that note... FFS all you drgs out there If you don't know what a 6 hit is learn and stop TP'ing in wyvern helm and rutters... STR doesn't mean ***for tp.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-08 04:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to DRG and SAM in Nyzul.. Nyzul is about fast-acting and fast dmg. On my list i would prefer a SAM over a DRG and over those a BLU if there is no in the pt yet.

Well DRG is a good DD when played well. But you forget that DRG has some tools other DDs lack in. High Jump and Super Jump for example makes a tanks life a lot easier after firing out a WS. Super Jump when timed right even let's you avoid the heavy damage-moves completly where others are just one-shotted.

Oh you have never seen a DRG do those things? Yea, simply because oldschool boys dont like changes, are too lazy to watch chat windows and don't care because it is just all about damage-dealing...

And you know.. if your low on hp.. <ou could use your 2hr.. it is not only there to give you a boost and reset your jump timers... it can also heal you. Of course you can argue "why should i waste my 2hr on healing?".. well and i will answer you "You idiot wont use it anyway even if the whole party is about to wipe! So what!?". I think i went a bit off-topic lol