Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » looking for a simple bst gearswap
looking for a simple bst gearswap
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-07-07 13:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone out there have one i can use? the one in the guide is too in depth and hard to read
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-07-07 14:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i know someone has one. help me out
By gargurty 2015-07-29 14:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i have the same problem, can soemone please post a "simple"
lua :) ?
Noob beast needing to learn the job lol
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-08-23 22:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

if you find one toss it my may please
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-24 16:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new equipset macros you can really set up everything you need in game. Here is a brief explanation of how I set it up to take advantage of precast, midcast, etc.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/20/#2939973
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-25 07:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a pastebin link to a simple Gearswap lua that is based off of an older version of Falkirk's. Just CTRL+A and then paste into a new file, re-naming/saving it as Name_BST i.e. Beaztmaster_BST.lua

BeaztBLORB SIMPLE BST LUA

There are only about 250 lines of code to worry about (lines 100-365) as far as editing gear, and most of these lines occur only because I lined up each paragraph to have one piece of gear per line to make it very easy to read. Gear set paragraphs have notes describing what the gearset is/when it activates.

For those new to GearSwap:

For inputting augmented gear, use the command "//gs export gear lua" while wearing the augmented item. Then go to your Windower4 folder > addons > Gearswap > data > export, select the export file, and copy/paste the lines for the gear you want to include. Don't forget commas and end tags as applicable, and don't forget to save and "//gs r" each time in game to reload for any changes made. To test whether or not everything is equipping as it should, do "//gs showswaps" and you will see everything changing in real time in your log as you perform commands.

This lua covers a few basic sets/functions: Idle Set, Reward Set, Ready Sets, and engaged sets. If this is too simple, please refer to Falkirk's masterpiece!

This post brought to you by your resident Cinnamon Custard!

Hope this helps!
[+]
By geigei 2015-08-25 08:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

^
Looks clean, can use charmer only in precast?
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-25 08:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It needs to be in precast to affect your Ready recast timer. I would advise against using it for any other purpose. Unless you like fencing and have a severe case of Tabarzin or Acha D'armas nostalgia like myself or Falkirk :/
By geigei 2015-08-25 08:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What i mean is use it only in precast, i melee in skull and ready in alluvion.
By geigei 2015-08-25 08:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
What i mean is use it only in precast, i melee in skull and ready in alluvion.

Nvm, i saw only main in ready sets, sub is placed lower.
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-25 08:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes =)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By zaxtiss 2015-10-02 15:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think fels mSter work has charmers in pet ready moves midcast not on my PC atm else I'd check
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-28 19:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Fixed issue where Dual Wield set did not equip upon engaging. Thanks @Stamos for pointing it out.
By Clement 2016-02-08 18:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying out this .lua, but I have one problem/question with the engaged.DW part. Hatxiik, or any other axe I tried for the matter, won't be swapped in as part of the dual wield set, it's just Astolfo (Merlin swaps in as part of ready precast, and skirmish for mid, but the sub weapon in the DW set won't equip).

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-09 18:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just loaded it and edited to include several unique weapons so that I could make sure that

sets.idle
sets.idle.Pet
sets.engaged.DW
sets.midcast.Pet.WS
sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyRecast

all worked, and I didn't have any problems. I did have problems with

sets.idle.Pet.Engaged

a long time ago which in the lua that I currently use, matches all my other idle sets so I never had to worry about having problems with it.

If you're asking about the engaged.DW set like you mentioned, it's working fine. Whatever you type in there will equip when you draw your weapons. If you're asking about the swaps for Ready Moves, I didn't have problems with those either, whether I was engaged or idle.

If your weapons are drawn, your Ready Move weapons, including Merlin, will equip for pre/midcast/etc, and then it will return your weapons to whatever you have for your engaged.DW set.

If your weapons are not drawn, your Ready Move weapons, including Merlin, will equip for pre/midcast/etc, and then it will return your weapons to whatever you have for your idle.Pet set.
By Clement 2016-02-10 21:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured out what was causing my issue. Thank you for the response, and time taken for my question. I was trying to tinker with something and I guess I borked it! How much effort would it take to add in accuracy settings, particularly for ready?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-10 23:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Clement said: »
I figured out what was causing my issue. Thank you for the response, and time taken for my question. I was trying to tinker with something and I guess I borked it! How much effort would it take to add in accuracy settings, particularly for ready?

Just updated to include toggles for pet accuracy modes for Ready Moves. (Edit gear from lines 244-307)

Default is Neutral, other modes are HighAcc and MaxAcc.

Cycle modes with CTRL+F8.

By Clement 2016-02-11 03:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you! Very much appreciated, this will certainly help.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-12 13:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

At the request of another BSTbro, updated to include 2 master offensive modes (when weapons are drawn):

'Normal' and 'PetDT'.

To toggle modes just hit the F9 key.

Edit the sets.engaged.PetDT paragraph (for single-wielding) and the sets.engaged.DW.PetDT paragraph (for dual-wielding).

The intent was to be able to toggle a mode for when you want to keep your Trusts fighting your target, and keep your Pet DT gear on.
By moonpie 2016-02-16 22:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the script! Maybe it's just me but I'm having an odd issue with precast events not firing if I use a ready macro vs using ready from the menu. When I ready say Razor Fang through the ALT+B pet menu, precast fires, merlin swaps, all is well. If I /bstpet "Razor Fang" <me>, it does not, and no -recast swaps occur. Am I missing something?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-17 05:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap doesn't recognize /bstpet commands.

Edit: /bstpet works now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Fuzumagu
Server: Bismarck
user: muzugu
By Bismarck.Fuzumagu 2016-07-04 18:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I am having an issue where all the midcast sets aren't equipping. I have tried it both with my gear swapped in, and with the unmodified version straight from pastebin.

I have so far tried:
-Unloading all other addons / plugins
-explicitly calling for the action in the midcast function with if / then
-re downloading mote-lib
-capping FPS at 30 (This post suggested it might be a fix)

My google fu hasn't turned up anything, and I am stumped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-07-04 18:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for note!

Fixed, tested, and updated the lua; there have been major changes since the last update a long time ago. Re-download and see if you still have an issue!

(use //gs showswaps if you weren't already)

http://pastebin.com/SaGtwiJ0
 Bismarck.Fuzumagu
Server: Bismarck
user: muzugu
By Bismarck.Fuzumagu 2016-07-05 18:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The updated file has fixed the issue. Thanks!
[+]
By syndox86 2016-07-12 08:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Total newb w/gearswap here, wondering where in the
Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\addons\GearSwap
to place the Charname_bst_lua file.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-07-12 20:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Save your Charname_BST.lua file inside of the data folder.

Windower4 > addons > GearSwap > data > save your file in here
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
By Midniight 2016-10-19 20:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone point out why when I do a mag. ready move engaged in DW pet pdt mode my GS wont swap into mag ready set? Bst_lua
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-11-11 14:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using this Lua and for some reason anytime I cast magic spells with a /nin /rdm /whm etc it crashes windower. Works great with /dnc which is what I normally use anyway but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

The huge lua Falkirk posted is a bit intimidating so I wanted to use this basic one but I have been having this issue for about a month now and can't figure it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1281 days between previous and next post]
By Nyopanpopan 2020-05-15 10:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely new to GS, I've added the bst_lua into my data folder, but how do I get it to start working?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-05-15 10:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The filename has to be BST.lua or Nyopanpopan-BST.lua for gearswap to load it automatically. After that, it should load the file automatically when you change job and have gearswap loaded (or you can force a refresh with //gs r)
First Page 2