2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 216 217 218
By Altimaomega 2016-04-27 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
He just seems like the kind of guy that's gonna start bombing anybody that looks at him funny.

I don't get this from him. I think he would rather cut off any aid/business America does with any country that pisses him off.

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
And well, he seems both racist and sexist.
He's a bully.
He acts like a *** 12 year old that feels like he's better than everybody else.

This man is no fit leader, unless you concider the leader of the "bully-group" in highschool a fit president.

Good ole character assassination.

Ramyrez said: »
McCain was the last Republican I'd have considered voting for, and then he went extreme crazy with Palin as his running mate and the "tea party" right loved it, and they've embraced that brand of crazy ever since, which is how we got to Trump.

The tea party is the only party winning anything the past decade. Why don't you want smaller government or at the very least a change from the past 50-60 years of Republican-Democrat rule?

Because he doesn't have a valid plan for a single *** thing he says. And he revels in it. He just keeps saying the same stupid ***over and over and people buy into it. It's insanity. Even if you don't like and disagree with Bernie, at least he's straight-up said how he'd like to see things get done.
First, neither does Hillary. Second, no president that I can think of says "exactly" what they are going to do when running.

With Trump it's just "Gonna make 'murrica great again!"

He doesn't even say what that *** means. Great for who? Women? Blacks? Gays? Which of those was American great for 60 years ago again?

This is my favorite! Also, it is why the people who point this out are showing their racism and bigotry! You do realize in order to make America Great Again he would have to unite it first right? The exact opposite of what Obama has been doing the past 8 years.

He's going to "build a wall." I'd like to assume at this point the people voting for him realize the "build a wall" thing is metaphorical, though because I'm relatively certain a large portion of his voting base can't define "metaphorical," my hope for that is limited.

The man is a walking, talking satire. A caricature of everything wrong with the "'murrica" mindset.

Going to disregard the wall portion since it really doesn't matter anymore. But I would definitely argue that the Democrats mindset is exactly what is wrong with America right now. 100%

It's that he appeals to actual bigots and racists and misogynists that is terrifying. He's exposed a very, very ugly underbelly of America's "silent majority" and, frankly, it's repulsive to know how far we still have to go as a country to even get into the 20th century.

It's totally fine that Obama and the other Democrats appeal to the flip side of that coin in every extreme though right!
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
This is my favorite! Also, it is why the people who point this out are showing their racism and bigotry! You do realize in order to make America Great Again he would have to unite it first right? The exact opposite of what Obama has been doing the past 8 years.

You do understand that America was never united in this fashion? It's the "again" part that's problematic.

"Make America Great!" - Amazing slogan.

"Make America Great Again!" - indicative of turning back the social and political clocks to a time when human rights were flat-out ignored for anyone who isn't an affluent white American with a ***.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's totally fine that Obama and the other Democrats appeal to the flip side of that coin in every extreme though right!

Conservatives around here keep saying this, I've never seen a good example provided.

He's pandered to minorities, sure. But I've never seen him actively try to pit people against each other...?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But I would definitely argue that the Democrats mindset is exactly what is wrong with America right now. 100%

Sooo...people wanting equality and equal representation under the law is what's wrong with America?

See, I frequently agree with what I think you're trying to say, but I'm not sure you always say it right. That or I don't agree with you and you're saying exactly what you mean.

But the worst you can say about the majority of liberals is that they're naïve and their faith in the governments' abilities to carry out change is misplaced.

Most of them advocate what they do because they want things to be good for everyone, not just really, really, super good for an elite few.

And you say that is 100% what's wrong? Racism, homophobia, misogyny, abuse of power across the political spectrum...none of that.

Only the desire of a portion of the people to see everyone living a happier life?
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-27 11:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You do understand that America was never united in this fashion? It's the "again" part that's problematic.

"Make America Great!" - Amazing slogan.

"Make America Great Again!" - indicative of turning back the social and political clocks to a time when human rights were flat-out ignored for anyone who isn't an affluent white American with a ***.

I personally would love for our country to go back to say 1950's-60's mindset of living. Although I was not born then, it was a much simpler time. You didn't have the *** mindset you do now and the I want everything free mindset most liberals have nowadays. It was a simpler time people worked and spent time with their families and not all up in each others business. I would have loved to live in that time.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-27 11:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

But I would definitely argue that the Democrats mindset is exactly what is wrong with America right now. 100%

Sooo...people wanting equality and equal representation under the law is what's wrong with America?

See, I frequently agree with what I think you're trying to say, but I'm not sure you always say it right. That or I don't agree with you and you're saying exactly what you mean.

But the worst you can say about the majority of liberals is that they're naïve and their faith in the governments' abilities to carry out change is misplaced.

Most of them advocate what they do because they want things to be good for everyone, not just really, really, super good for an elite few.

And you say that is 100% what's wrong? Racism, homophobia, misogyny, abuse of power across the political spectrum...none of that.

Only the desire of a portion of the people to see everyone living a happier life?

If you think these groups want equality you are out of your mind. They want supremacy not equality, ie: BLM
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
If you think these groups want equality you are out of your mind. They want supremacy not equality, ie: BLM

Wow.

Straight-up jumping to Godwin-level wording.

"They're coming for us! They don't want equality, they want to oppress us! Better stop them before it's too late!"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would love for our country to go back to say 1950's-60's mindset of living. Although I was not born then, it was a much simpler time. You didn't have the *** mindset you do now and the I want everything free mindset most liberals have nowadays. It was a simpler time people worked and spent time with their families and not all up in each others business. I would have loved to live in that time.

This mindset is the exact problem.

It ignores the fact that it was not a "simpler time" for everyone.

It was a simpler time for a select group of people and if you weren't one of them, you were ***on.

As long as you're admitting you think that's okay, then fine.

But you're just validating what I'm saying if you do.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-27 11:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"Make America Great Again!" - indicative of turning back the social and political clocks

Only when you make it that way! I take it as Making Americas Economy and work force GREAT AGAIN.

But I've never seen him actively try to pit people against each other...?

You don't pay attention then.

I prefer subtext, you do as well. The only difference between us that I have been able to glean over the years is when pushed into a corner you lean left and I lean right. It is fairly interesting, especially since I think we would get along rather well.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-27 11:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This mindset is the exact problem.

It ignores the fact that it was not a "simpler time" for everyone.

It was a simpler time for a select group of people and if you weren't one of them, you were ***on.

As long as you're admitting you think that's okay, then fine.

But you're just validating what I'm saying if you do.

You realize it could be like that again right? Except this time we are all holding hands singing.. It is the Mindset that "it can only be that way if people are oppressed" that is wrong.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 11:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of your biggest reoccurring problems when you post:
You're given the opportunity to share specific examples but you just dismiss people with some variation of "you're not paying attention" or "you don't read".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-27 11:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If only we could go back to a time when black people couldn't enter the same restaurants as us whites; when us women had to bend to every man's whim; when punching someone for being gay got you cheered on by people instead of condemned.

Ah so nostalgic, those were the days.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 11:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If only we could go back to a time when black people couldn't enter the same restaurants as us whites; when us women had to bend to every man's whim; when punching someone for being gay got you cheered on by people instead of condemned.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-27 11:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a simpler time people worked and spent time with their families and not all up in each others business. I would have loved to live in that time

Yeah, except John McCarthy says hi and wants to know what your political ideologies are and if he should blacklist you and ruin your life. Ahhhh the Golden Era.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-04-27 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Altimaomega 2016-04-27 11:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
This is one of your biggest reoccurring problems when you post:
You're given the opportunity to share specific examples but you just dismiss people with some variation of "you're not paying attention" or "you don't read".

Yeah, I'm the only one that does that.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-27 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

*Joseph McCarthy.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-04-27 11:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't have the *** mindset you do now and the I want everything free mindset most liberals have nowadays.

I'll never understand why people are so against school tuition (for higher education) paid through taxes and healthcare paid through taxes when it benefits so many people (and creates a more educated and healthy workforce). I'm pretty sure most people understand that it's paid for through taxes and not 'free', it's just easier to say. It would still require people to pay for it, just much less per person.

You would still have the option to pay for private healthcare and education (of a likely higher level) but it would give the less fortunate people more options.

It wouldn't pay for everything but it wouldn't put you in enormous debt.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-27 11:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the problem right here. How about we go back to those days without any of those things holding us back?

Guess it is just easier to stay on opposing sides and fling poo.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-27 11:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.

"They're coming for us! They don't want equality, they want to oppress us! Better stop them before it's too late!"

Well, "Make America great again!" certainly doesn't mean applying post-war fiscal policies. What could it be?
By Altimaomega 2016-04-27 11:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I'll never understand why people are so against school tuition (for higher education) paid through taxes and healthcare paid through taxes when it benefits so many people (and creates a more educated and healthy workforce). I'm pretty sure most people understand that it's paid for through taxes and not 'free', it's just easier to say. It would still require people to pay for it, just much less per person.

You would still have the option to pay for private healthcare and education (of a likely higher level) but it would give the less fortunate people more options.

It wouldn't pay for everything but it wouldn't put you in enormous debt.

That is why we have the ACA.. It is not doing what you say it would.

This is why I say things like.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-27 11:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how society used to be though. What else do you miss? The cold war and soviet scarecrow propaganda? Lower health prospectives? A less educated population?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2016-04-27 11:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also how is this supposed to make America great again?
:/
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-27 11:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Wow.

Well, "Make America great again!" certainly doesn't mean applying post-war fiscal policies. What could it be?

well obviously after trump is elected all men will be required to get a pompador and all women will be required to wear pencil skirts. essentially we'll turn into a bizzaro 1950's version of the country.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-27 11:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

find a copy of grease and replace the word summer, in 'summer lovin' with trump and bam!
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-04-27 11:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
well obviously after trump is elected all men will be required to get a pompador and all women will be required to wear pencil skirts. essentially we'll turn into a bizzaro 1950's version of the country.

He knows Fallout isn't supposed to happen for another 60+ years, right? No need to start the cosplay early.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-27 11:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

He knows Fallout isn't supposed to happen for another 60+ years, right? No need to start the cosplay early.

early fall out will be so good, so good. it'll be like no early fallout you've ever seen. the best fall out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-04-27 11:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I'll never understand why people are so against school tuition (for higher education) paid through taxes and healthcare paid through taxes when it benefits so many people (and creates a more educated and healthy workforce).

I'll paraphrase what I've heard over the years: "Because there's no way in hell gubmint's usin' my tax dollars to give some colored/***/wimminfolk free school/health care when I never had that! Not on my watch, bah gawd!"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how society used to be though. What else do you miss? The cold war and soviet scarecrow propaganda? Lower health prospectives? A less educated population?

"Yes."

Not speaking for Alti, as I don't think he actually wants those things, but there are people who legit do.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-27 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the problem right here. How about we go back to those days without any of those things holding us back?

Because the problems go hand-in-hand with the nostalgic ideals people have for those days. You can't divorce one from the other.

Sometimes I feel like Mad Men really did this country a disservice by making so much of that era look slick and awesome...despite the horror playing out on the screen, no one bothered to pay attention to social narrative, they just saw the dazzling veneer of sweet 1960s awesome.

...which is really *** meta, when you think about it.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 216 217 218