Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-14 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
endorses more aggressive policies against China and Russia
No he doesn't.

With China, he wants a better trade deal, not aggression.

As far as Russia: U.S. Presidential Hopeful Trump Says He and Putin Would Be Pals Combined Reports

Yeah, I'm sure they'd get along great when he tried to put TRUMP on the Kremlin. His comments about Putin and Russia prior and during the Chrimean annexation were far more combative.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-14 21:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Classic Aman, can't back up any of his statements, instead deflecting and putting it on other people.

How about we start with this lie, how is Trump "fairly liberal" as you put it?

Liberals like taxes compsnies heavily that outsource jobs overseas right? Trump does.

Trump is by no means a hawk and has been against all of Bush's and Obama's wars.

Trump supports a form a universal health care.

Just popping off a few.

Care to provide any proof of those statements? Maybe some kind of quote prior to his announcement speech when he suddenly went from saying that same sex marriage should be outlawed to saying it's a matter for the states?

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
No they haven't. No one has produced an accurate climate model in the past thirty years.

Put up or shut up.

False.

And yet another "nuh uh" without any substance or link. Come on guys, at least try. If you're going to call Nausi out for not sourcing his claims, at least have the dignity to link one yourself.

Why? He'll just dismiss whatever I post. Can just google it, it's extremely easy to find. He would just find 1 random inaccurate model and call it a day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-14 21:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage." - Obama (2008).

But then guess what, he changed his mind. People's views evolve. Deal with it.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 21:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic Aman again, asked to provide evidence, instead expects us to take his word for it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-14 21:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably 90% of gay marriage supporters, excluding gay Americans, flip-flopped on gay marriage. You cannot forgive some and mock others. Obama has supported it for less than 3 years.

Hillary "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Clinton, even less. Bill Clinton was the most anti-gay President in history.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-14 22:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic Aman again, asked to provide evidence, instead expects us to take his word for it.

No I expect you to be an informed adult.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-14 22:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably 90% of gay marriage supporters, excluding gay Americans, flip-flopped on gay marriage. You cannot forgive some and mock others. Obama has supported it for less than 3 years.

Hillary "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Clinton, even less. Bill Clinton was the most anti-gay President in history.

Yeah, no. They were just too spineless to be vocally in favor of it.

And you're still deluding yourself that either Obama or Clinton were liberal or progressive. Bernie Sanders is what a progressive politician looks like, and he's not even radical, he's just where liberals used to be.

Not knowing the difference between left and right and you're criticizing someone else... tisk tisk.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 22:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is very informed on Trump's radical conservative ideals, except for you it seems. Everyone is also very informed about the fact that his candidacy is a publicity stunt that can only bring harm to the GOP platform, except for the conservatives on this site it seems. Which again is why the left is not bothering with trying to "bring him down" as you falsely claimed in your first post. Again, why bother? Leave it to the other 15 GOP "hopefuls."
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-14 23:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You Sir, expect the impossible!
By anik 2015-07-14 23:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously? This ***is a big deal because white democrats want to make sure that NO ONE forgets about RACISM. Rather than focusing on positive scientific findings in genetics and how all humans have evolved from one centralized location where, in the beginning of our days as humans, we were the same shade, oh and btw, *** this bs nonsense liberalized *** cry for attention masquerading as outrage against the white rich man. f it
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 23:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool story kid.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-07-15 00:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
Seriously? This ***is a big deal because white democrats want to make sure that NO ONE forgets about RACISM. Rather than focusing on positive scientific findings in genetics and how all humans have evolved from one centralized location where, in the beginning of our days as humans, we were the same shade, oh and btw, *** this bs nonsense liberalized *** cry for attention masquerading as outrage against the white rich man. f it
Yeah, I mean, the fact that 1% of the population garners over 50% of national income is totally a sensationalized talking point. Let's not even get to wealth inequality.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 06:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is stupid, it was a compromise as before that you could be forced to answer, and discharged for it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 07:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

This is stupid, it was a compromise as before that you could be forced to answer, and discharged for it.

Yeah brah that's great leadership right there. Gay soldiers can serve just keep it to yourself and stfu about it. Bigotry is no compromise.

Stop making excuses for these disgusting people.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 07:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah brah that's great leadership right there. Gay soldiers can serve just keep it to yourself and stfu about it. Bigotry is no compromise.

Hence why it was repealed, progress takes time, due to bigots. There's no "excuses" just reality.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-07-15 07:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you're gay, or even gay in the 90s.
But I am and was.

So let me give you the perspective that actually touches on that subject:
He's right. It's a compromise. One that ideally shouldn't need to happen, but we don't live in ideal-world.
Everyone was terribly homophobic back then. Many still are now.
(It's really an age thing, with each age group acceptance exponentially increases. Highest are the babies who only know dates by 20XX.)
It acted as a shield. And ANY shield back then was not only needed, but also a godsend.

No matter how out you think you are, the truth is, you're never not "coming out". Straight people think it's a 1 time deal, but it's a constant process in life when you're gay.
Sure it gets easier and easier as time goes on, but every new person still holds the threat until you repeat the process on them.
Now, at least, you're more likely to just get homophobic *** (I have no problem with you, but your lifestyle choice is wrong); rather than the extreme likelihood of murder from naught but 20 years ago.

Back then, getting killed for being gay was common.
DADT was good for us, because it's not like we were running around in rainbow panties as a default get-up.
And we still aren't.
Because hetero is the default, and though it's much rarer now to die (in the West) for just being gay... It still happens.

DADT was good back then.
Obviously, society has grown more accepting of our(my) right to exist.
But don't try telling us gays who lived it that it was 100% horrible.
It served its purpose in protecting us from the rampant hate of the times. Now, thankfully, unnecessary.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 07:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't ask don't tell I thought that was dating advice...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 08:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably expecting too much.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 08:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Yeah, I mean, the fact that 1% of the population garners over 50% of national income is totally a sensationalized talking point. Let's not even get to wealth inequality.

Focusing on the fact that one percent of people earn 50% of the money (whatever the real figure is) is folly when nearly 1/3rd of people (of working age) don't work.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 08:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

I don't know if you're gay, or even gay in the 90s.
But I am and was.

So let me give you the perspective that actually touches on that subject:
He's right. It's a compromise. One that ideally shouldn't need to happen, but we don't live in ideal-world.
Everyone was terribly homophobic back then. Many still are now.
(It's really an age thing, with each age group acceptance exponentially increases. Highest are the babies who only know dates by 20XX.)
It acted as a shield. And ANY shield back then was not only needed, but also a godsend.

No matter how out you think you are, the truth is, you're never not "coming out". Straight people think it's a 1 time deal, but it's a constant process in life when you're gay.
Sure it gets easier and easier as time goes on, but every new person still holds the threat until you repeat the process on them.
Now, at least, you're more likely to just get homophobic *** (I have no problem with you, but your lifestyle choice is wrong); rather than the extreme likelihood of murder from naught but 20 years ago.

Back then, getting killed for being gay was common.
DADT was good for us, because it's not like we were running around in rainbow panties as a default get-up.
And we still aren't.
Because hetero is the default, and though it's much rarer now to die (in the West) for just being gay... It still happens.

DADT was good back then.
Obviously, society has grown more accepting of our(my) right to exist.
But don't try telling us gays who lived it that it was 100% horrible.
It served its purpose in protecting us from the rampant hate of the times. Now, thankfully, unnecessary.

so Clinton was anti-gay but in a kinder, gentler sort of way
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Focusing on the fact that one percent of people earn 50% of the money (whatever the real figure is) is folly when nearly 1/3rd of people (of working age) don't work.

You do realize that for a healthy economy you cannot have everyone working, right? Not to mention that the 1% keep sending jobs overseas to keep more money and avoid taxes is a good reason that less people are working. Not to mention pay rates being ***, and a shitload of other *** up factors about our workforce.

But no, there's no wealth distribution problem.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 09:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that for a healthy economy you cannot have everyone working, right? Not to mention that the 1% keep sending jobs overseas to keep more money and avoid taxes is a good reason that less people are working. Not to mention pay rates being ***, and a shitload of other *** up factors about our workforce.

Well if people would stop demanding pay and benefits be reasonable we could afford to give them something to do!
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Well if people would stop demanding pay and benefits be reasonable we could afford to give them something to do!
Or you know, not required to not pollute the environment, or hire children.

I mean damn.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 09:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Flood of cheap labor across the border. Companies not being punished for sending jobs overseas. You might be a Trump supporter afterall.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Flood of cheap labor across the border. Companies not being punished for sending jobs overseas. You might be a Trump supporter afterall.
When did I ever say I supported either of those two things?

Trump is a clown.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 10:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is a clown.

Those are "other *** up factors" that you spoke of contributing to less people working. I believe Trump would be a very effective President at reducing both like him or not.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 10:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is a clown.

Those are "other *** up factors" that you spoke of contributing to less people working. I believe Trump would be a very effective President at reducing both like him or not.
Acutally that wasn't what I was talking about, and even if it were I was saying that those things need to change.

Trump wouldn't be an effective President at doing anything.

But let's say hypothetically he does get the seat, it's a good thing that America isn't a business as if it were, he'd just run it into the ground.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-15 11:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

he'd just run it into the ground
Too late Obama's been doing a great job of that, and now with the TPP you got the final nail in coffin.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 11:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
he'd just run it into the ground
Too late Obama's been doing a great job of that, and now with the TPP you got the final nail in coffin.

Was sort of expecting that crack.

Not a fan of the previous free trade agreements myself, but hey.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-17 14:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Best thing I have seen on HuffPo in a long time.

A Note About Our Coverage Of Donald Trump's 'Campaign'

Quote:
After watching and listening to Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy for president, we have decided we won't report on Trump's campaign as part of The Huffington Post's political coverage. Instead, we will cover his campaign as part of our Entertainment section. Our reason is simple: Trump's campaign is a sideshow. We won't take the bait. If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you'll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 216 217 218