First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-26 00:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hmm so, this update, let's give BLUs more spells, BSTs more pets. So far so good. What should we give to uh... DRK?"
"How bout a crappy grip?"
"Yes, that oughta do it."
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-26 01:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
[+]
By Elazar1 2015-06-26 01:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-26 01:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said:
"Hmm so, this update, let's give BLUs more spells, BSTs more pets. So far so good. What should we give to uh... DRK?"
"How bout a crappy grip?"
"Yes, that oughta do it."
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-06-26 01:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-26 03:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to think some of these fish I'm trying to catch don't actually exist and that some devil conceived by the bleakest womb has been editing the wikis to add them to frustrate me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-26 03:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
The correct answer was:
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 03:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-26 03:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-26 03:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that should work.
By Nyruul 2015-06-26 05:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Nyruul said: »
The correct answer was:
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 06:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Posting by cell phone @ 3:30am made me lag!

That said, I think even you avowed GS advocates should try to help the rest of us do something. Yeah, writing macros is a pain in the ***, but after the first few of a job and it's basically an autopilot thing.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-26 06:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Which... I'd never have designed a client that was so trusted, but I also understand they weren't expecting much in the way of packet injection and other exploits on the PS2.

Don't get too carried away. There's some holes, but I think calling the client "trusted" is a stretch. No calculations of note ever happen client side, for example. There are a number of things that the client doesn't even keep a current copy of unless you ask to display it (like base statistics!).

Well, I guess I should add that the person from whom I was learning to program was extremely into the idea of not letting clients, or userland processes, have any access whatsoever to anything that was not directly mediated by the server or the kernel. Stuff like "the client does not issue orders, it only makes requests", and exists only as a means of displaying output from the server. Security was a huge focus in everything.
Don't worry, you were right the first time.
You just didn't conceptualize it completely.
The client DOES only have "images" and the server DOES only have "data"... This is why no matter what dat you replace on the client, you will always perform the function as everyone else does on the server.
A way to think about it is that the server is a mirrored client, where all the calculations happen and all the "real data" is stored.

This is why we have to reverse engineer all the formulas and stuff instead of just ripping it, because the hard data is serverside.
(Which is done for many a reason, but in a MMO, the biggest is so that someone doesn't cheat and make a god ability.)

BUT this doesn't dismiss Rooks's idea.
The reader would just have to have selfcontained formulas.
And read the item data (which is duplicated clientside but is actually held serverside. The duplication is for display purposes only, hence why we can rip what it is, but can't change what it is in game outside of visually.).
It would be similar to the excell spreadsheets, one could even use them as a reference for the formulas needed... But would be closer to a model viewer in function of actually reading the dats.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-26 07:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
they removed Bait and Jerkin from auto-translate :(
They can't take names of items out, but you have to work harder to get them into your translate list since they're not in by default if you don't have the item.

/translate "MMM Jerkin" ENTER SPACE TAB ESC
/translate baitball ENTER SPACE TAB ESC
By Soraishin 2015-06-26 13:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Fenrir on Difficult , didn't know what drops yet but got these 2 to drop. Someone might of posted already but I don't read up.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-26 13:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The drops have all been found, though wikis haven't been updated. Posted all this last page at the bottom, so you probably just missed it:

FENRIR
lupine cape
capitoline strap
ma'iitsoh haube
medeina kiliji
vrikodara jupon

CARBUNCLE
engraved belt
lapidary tunic
marquetry staff
satlada necklace
diamantaire sollerets

DIABOLOS
darkside earring
pernicious ring
chozoron coselete
Shuhansadamune
loagaeth cuffs
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-28 02:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

vagary seems to be broken for us we coudlnt get magic Hue to process on Body piece NM at all burned thu all mobs two different runs
 Caitsith.Alihasan
Server: Caitsith
user: Alihasan
By Caitsith.Alihasan 2015-06-28 14:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
vagary seems to be broken for us we coudlnt get magic Hue to process on Body piece NM at all burned thu all mobs two different runs
Experiencing same thing here, killing all including Umbril's hybrid elementals without any luck.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-06-28 14:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

since the packet is only sent once and only one person gets it, if the zone is busy enough you may not get the message(their server code is crap and constantly fails to send packets in instances)

haven't done it since the update myself, but should at least consider that a possibility and go through all the steps regardless of messages
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-28 18:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone knnow how to get Monster rearing rank 4 and 5? ive never opped up on moogle or npc ive had last one for long time now so idk what to do
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-28 18:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone knnow how to get Monster rearing rank 4 and 5? ive never opped up on moogle or npc ive had last one for long time now so idk what to do
I never seemed to be able to buy the KIs with Bayld, got it from the Skipper Moogle in Port San d'Oria.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-30 13:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you do the colord chair sit emote? all i get is the stool
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-01 02:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to have done the mog garden activities a number of times to unlock the key items on Zenicca (west adoulin npc). I think you can buy the same KIs from the skipper moogles in starter cities without as much hassle but they sell for gil instead of bayld.

How do you do the colord chair sit emote? all i get is the stool

Chairs are bought from signet NPCs for some conquest points. The white chair can be bought from any nation. The red and blue chairs and the green stool are nation-specific, so you need to switch nations at least 2 times if you want to have all chairs. They don't require a rank higher than 1, so all you need is some conquest points which, if you are missing, you can get by using some vouchers AFTER you switch nation to buy another chair (because you know, conquest points don't carry over). IIRC the white chair costs 20k, the others 10k.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-01 06:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this isn't really the best place for this, but didn't feel like starting a new thread.

I never got the Mog Garden KI's when it was popular to do so, thus leaving me without the ability to raise monsters. I've tried grinding my imprimaturs a bit, but was never able to upgrade their rank myself. Any other recommendations?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-01 08:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In order to raise monsters you need to level up everything in your Garden to level 5. it has nothing to do with Imprematures.

You need to harvest a certain amount of items from each activity to get it to rank up. Thus faster growing things are better for furnaces.

Once it's ready to level up you need to buy a book from Zenicca in West Adoulin or a Skipper Moogle to complete the rank up.

When everything is level 5 the Monster Rearing Quest should start.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-01 08:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Once it's ready to level up you need to buy a book from Zenicca in West Adoulin or a Skipper Moogle to complete the rank up.

Wiki says the Pioneers Coalition needs to be a certain rank to be able to even buy the KI's to upgrade to rank 4.

When I go to buy/sell from mog garden, it even references rank 1/2 monsters, but many areas are still stuck at rank 3.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-01 09:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Wiki says the Pioneers Coalition needs to be a certain rank to be able to even buy the KI's to upgrade to rank 4.

The Pioneer's Coalition needs to be at a certain Edification Rank - that doesn't mean your own personal rank. As long as the Bay Roof edification is present, the Mog Garden KI's will be available from Zenicca - as long as you've used your Mog Garden enough to qualify for them.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-01 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Valefor.Seranos said: »

The Pioneer's Coalition needs to be at a certain Edification Rank - that doesn't mean your own personal rank. As long as the Bay Roof edification is present, the Mog Garden KI's will be available from Zenicca - as long as you've used your Mog Garden enough to qualify for them.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but don't they rank up based on the Imprimptaurs used for their activities? So, if nobody on the server is doing them, will they ever rank up if its only me?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-01 20:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no way Pioneer's is sub rank 4 on your server.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.