FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 23 24 25
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-12-06 07:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The longer I look at it the more it seems to me to just be a fancier Crisis core system with maybe a few kingdom hearts aspects thrown in.

le sigh with a meh at the end.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-06 09:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Personally really dont care for a ffVII remake. The trend nowadays seems to be, the better the graphics the more the game sucks. I like my Aeris dying looking like she's been made out of cardboard boxes.
Lost my intrest for FF games at XIII.
Can't wait for the 30th anni ff7 remake-remake where they try to "get back to their roots" after FF 15,16,17,'18 online' and ff5,6,8,9 remakes didnt go over so well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-12-06 09:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

for all we know it could be a new ATB system, and instead of having charas and enemies lined up in combat (old FF7) they are located in a small 3d environment and just move around hitting stuff ? idk
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-06 09:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
for all we know it could be a new ATB system, and instead of having charas and enemies lined up in combat (old FF7) they are located in a small 3d environment and just move around hitting stuff ? idk
"Producer Yoshinari Kitase explains some of the changes you can expect in the remake. When it comes to the artistic direction, the team is trying to recreate the same look and feel from the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie.

While Kitase confirms the new real-time combat system, you can also expect classic RPG elements as players will be able to choose their weapons and more. It’s unclear if the new action-focused orientation is going to affect the story."

taken from a Techcrunch article
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-06 10:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasn't anyone realized by now that no matter how they release this remake, somebody is going to *** about something?

Just enjoy the game when it's released. Or not. Doesn't matter in the long run.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-06 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as he still says "Let's mosey" then I'm sold.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-06 10:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
Maybe they can remaster ff9 so its actually good. lol yes, im one of those people who didnt like 9, found it forgettable compared to the other titles in the ff universe.

Forgettable? Maybe if you didn't play any Final Fantasies before it. The game is chock full of so much callback and reference you'd have to be a block of ice not to catch feels.

Zidane evokes memories of characters like Locke and Bartz who were upbeat protagonists rather than the emo phase of Cloud or 'whatever' Squall. Steiner is the lovable comedic relief as the overzealous idiot knight, Vivi is one of the most adorable characters spawned in an FF, Quina joins you just to food tour the world...

FF9 is a love letter to Final Fantasy fans. It's chock full of the goodness that made FF a global brand, comes with a score that Uematsu calls his magnum opus, manages not to take itself too seriously and capstoned the golden age of PS1 FF.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-06 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Maybe they can remaster ff9 so its actually good. lol yes, im one of those people who didnt like 9, found it forgettable compared to the other titles in the ff universe.

Forgettable? Maybe if you didn't play any Final Fantasies before it. The game is chock full of so much callback and reference you'd have to be a block of ice not to catch feels.

FF9 is a love letter to Final Fantasy fans.
In a way it seems like a retelling of FF3
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-06 10:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

FF9 is a love letter to Final Fantasy fans.
In a way it seems like a retelling of FF3

That's FF5.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-12-06 13:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I don't fully understand why there's this whole "turn based vs. ATB" debate happening.

Isn't Final Fantasy mainly about the storyline anyhow?

To be honest, I like both turn base and ATB. Matter of fact, I'm doing a re-play of FFXIII since I needed to replace my previous PS3.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Conversation with Kitase

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-06 13:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm doing a re-play of FFXIII since I needed to replace my previous PS3.
FF13 sucks, ff9 sucks, there's no such thing as man-made global warming, GMOs arent harmful, Ross Perot-2016!
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-12-06 14:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

FF13 sucks, ff9 sucks, there's no such thing as man-made global warming, GMOs arent harmful, Ross Perot-2016!

Your hatred has been duly noted.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 14:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted in another necro-thread.

Jassik said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
http://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-vii-ps4/trophies/
Was the Barret gold saucer date real in the originial? i only ever seen Tifa/Aerith. Also i'm, guessing this will be out this tuesday comming if trophy list is out.

Yes, at least in the greatest hits version.
Ohji Lunartail said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

PC port is up on PSN now. I don't see it yet but i'm guessing sony just slow.
yea i had to do a search on the store. but good news its 10.87$ till dec 12th

EDIT: Added a quote I missed before about price and sale duration.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 14:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

From the appreciation thread.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I wanted to make this thread to see what people appreciate the most about the original game, and what would they most like to see in the Remake.

So I'm going to lay some ground rules down. Firstly I ask everyone to post ONE thing (per post) they want to see in the Remake (whether it's exactly the same or if you want to some tweaks, explain that), and you can only post again after someone else has followed, to avoid spam.

Also, secondly, mentioning the battle system is against the rules. We only want to talk about the rest of the game here. If you want to talk about the pros-and-cons of turn-based combat versus real-time combat, go to the other thread.

Thirdly, this is an appreciation thread, so only true love for FFVII is allowed. No hate please. I love FFVII, I love the game so damn much it bugs me when people talk down about it. It bugs me when people won't even give the game a chance because "the graphics suck!". So I'm looking to connect with other FFVII lovers here. I have so many things I want to see in the Remake, but I'll start us off with one example.

World Map & Highwind

One of the biggest things for me is the chance to traverse the World Map. FFVII was the first world map I ever traveled across, and back in 1997, it was a huge thing. Nowadays we don't see World Maps anymore, instead they are split up in to zones, and generally you can use an airship to "warp" to other zones (I hated FFX when I got the airship and couldn't fly it), but that's not enough!

I want to be able to physically pilot the Highwind, land the Highwind, watch Cloud & Chocobo depart from the Highwind, and hell why not, give that ship some firepower! And the World Map .. imagine it in today's graphics, extended, and in glorious detail. Being able to land and "zone" into Cosmo Canyon. Wouldn't it be great? I can clearly see why they would choose not to include a World Map like the one in the original, but hopefully they manage to do it. While they are at it, make the interior of the Highwind bigger, with a bigger room so you can store your favourite Chocobos.

And lastly, I want to be able to chase Ultima Weapon around the world map! Oh man, that would be epic.

Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 16:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You might as well just delete the above post. I wanted to do something fun with other FFVII fans, but that's not going to happen here.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-12-06 16:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Still imagining this.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-06 16:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have stopped after the first statement. IX was awesome (although it could use some tweaks).
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-06 17:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I don't fully understand why there's this whole "turn based vs. ATB" debate happening.

Isn't Final Fantasy mainly about the storyline anyhow?

To be honest, I like both turn base and ATB. Matter of fact, I'm doing a re-play of FFXIII since I needed to replace my previous PS3.
Well it depends.

For people my age, I grew up with Final Fantasy. If the original game wasn't turn based, or any of the SNES ones were not, I definitely would have never played them.

Back in the day when people were playing games in which the person who could hit more buttons the fastest, or being able to dodge 87 objects flying at you at once while flying through the screen, won the game, FF didn't require hand and eye coordination to play or win the game.

Being turn based was a feature of Final Fantasy games for almost 20 years. It was something you could count on in a world dominated by FPS games.

But that time is over.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 17:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

^ This is why I made a new thread. To get away from posts like these.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 17:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent point.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 17:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Excellent point.

So could you unlock my thread please so I can find real FFVII fans to talk about the remake with? Tired of blah blah turn-based combat this, and blah blah remakes going to suck that.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 17:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've revived the appreciation thread, keep the critic talk in here. If you're tired of of the back and forth, go there.

Keep it civil.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 17:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. If the appreciation thread ends up like this one I'll just ask you to lock it again .. and I'll never talk about FFVII again in these forums.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-12-06 17:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 3 Limit Breaks before leaving Midgar or gtfo <3
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-06 17:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I've revived the appreciation thread, keep the critic talk in here. If you're tired of of the back and forth, go there.

Keep it civil.

How about if you don't want to play this game get out?
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-06 18:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
IX was awesome (although it could use some tweaks).
Best reason i could think of for why i dont like it is because i didnt beat it when it was new. I had played it back when it came out made it to disc 3 and got bored with it. It wasnt til like 2 years ago i finally played it through and unlike the other ff titles Ive played i cannot remember anything about the game besides (most) of the chars names. I should also mention i was 10 when 7 came out so i played 7>8>9(didnt finish it) then so on and eventually went back and played 1+2, the only titles i haven't played are 3/4/5/6 which sounds like why i dont get how people enjoy it so much. I've wanted to play 6 but i also think im past the window to enjoy those titles also and dont want to end up disliking them. I've got them downloaded i just havent found the drive to want to play them. I am probably judging 9 too harsh because i dont get these references people say are in them to older ffs. Nothing else sticks out about it.

also lol at a "safe space" thread where people cant handle criticism about their favorite game. I Didnt know tumblr was leaking into other sites. I still love the game and plan to buy it but that doesnt mean you cannot be critical of what you expect/want in it. Why do people get so upset over these things? i dont mean it like "u upset bro? haha" but legitimately no game is perfect and there can always be improvements. Talking about possibilities and other directions they could have taken it doesnt mean those people wont enjoy it regardless of what they end up doing.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-06 18:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember playing IX first on some pirated version off the internet before it was released in stores.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-06 19:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing a lot more love of IX now than I ever did when it was new. I've never really had a strong opinion about it. It was okay. One of the things I remember being disappointed with the most, however, was Zidane's final limit break. I remember the excitement of using Omnislash and Lionheart for the first time, and using Grand Lethal left me asking, "Wait, that's it?"
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 19:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

FFIX wasn't originally intended to be a Final Fantasy game, so I assume the idea to top Omnislash and Lionheart didn't come up till Dissidia when they gave Zidane Reverse Gaia or whatever. I did love FFIX though, one of my faves.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 23 24 25