Huzzah Ares!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Huzzah Ares!
Huzzah Ares!
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 19:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gavvy said:
Haubergeon? I don't understand over the noise of my Hydra Haubert.

Thank you for showing the world something a ***ton better than Ares

Hope you are happy, even though not everyone has access to Dynamis Tav though >.>
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 19:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gavvy said:

sigh.

alright, let's break it down then (assuming you weren't trolling me, but korpg bought it either way like a tool); haubergeon (nq) +5 str (fSTR, probably looking at about atleast 2DMG a majority of the time, which helps when you can possibly hit for 0 on whatever you're fighting that's resistant to piercing most likely), and 12.50 accuracy, while hydra haubert is... 10 accuracy straight. remember: nq haubergeon here.

PS: idle meleeing in enmity does nearly nothing, enough to the point where a person that performed melee actions without any enmity on would probably have a monster shift between them and a person with +40 enmity on, equally 24.7; i've been taught this fact by the best mothertrucking paladin that ever existed.

if yer really going to oblige an easily-attained 1.25% hit rate that costs a mere 250k, then that's your choice, but yer still wasting a hydra haubert in my books (as well as anyone else with the right concept, for that matter).
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-08-27 20:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gavvy said:
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-27 20:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Gavvy said:

Thank you for showing the world something a ***ton better than Ares

Hope you are happy, even though not everyone has access to Dynamis Tav though >.>

If only access was important :< What's hard is finding a LS that do this area enough in order to see more than 1 hydra body per year and actually having a chance to get it :d My Ls do tav pretty often (well compared to average LS), only 2 body drop in the last 12 months.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-27 20:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

that zone is pretty gay

Drop rate worse then Xarc

and hard as hell
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-27 20:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, thread for this is stupid. Would have been acceptable about 2 years ago maybe.

Secondly, Kporg stfu. Hydrabert and Ares are the be all end all bodies for PLD in 90% of situations. Trying to argue against such basic knowledge is massive fail on your part.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 20:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see my views are going to be unpopular here, so I'm not going to express them anymore.

But, if your Ares PLD starts sucking and can't keep hate to save their lives, then don't blame me....
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-27 20:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats on the body piece, but frankly I don't think it really warrants a new thread.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 20:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

one piece of equipment != your entire gear layout.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-27 20:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's such a bad argument. Dx lol If for any reason a PLD with Ares body sucks, is not Jesus, or dies for any reason, we have only Ares to blame for not being as cool as anyone claims. D:
 Bismarck.Tricen
Server: Bismarck
user: Tricen
By Bismarck.Tricen 2009-08-27 20:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I can see my views are going to be unpopular here, so I'm not going to express them anymore.

But, if your Ares PLD starts sucking and can't keep hate to save their lives, then don't blame me....

Thank god. If you are full timing anything other than a sword and a shield, those are switched out, you are doing it wrong. I'd personally use Avalon body over NQ Haub for tping. But cool story bro.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-27 20:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate Asura. >:o
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-27 20:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for lulz, try using great sword as elvaan male with Ares' body. The shoulder pad spike will gouge into your face xD
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-27 20:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
First of all, thread for this is stupid. Would have been acceptable about 2 years ago maybe.
No you're right but I had my reason for doing this... :D

It was just a massive troll to catch a rat and demonstrate what an idiot he is...

Korpg said:
Mission Accomplished!

My birthday was 2 weeks ago, thank you all for the greatest belated birthday present ever!
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-27 20:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

It was just a massive troll to catch a rat and demonstrate what an idiot he is... and mission accomplished!

My birthday was 2 weeks ago, thank you all for the greatest belated birthday present ever!

You know, I may not agree with all that Korpg has to say, but man you need to get the *** off your high horse. Every single time you get shown up, you try and spin it around as if you're better, or as if you're untouchable and this was all just a god damned game to you to show how you're better. If there's any troll in here, it's you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-27 20:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows that Asura and Ramuh are the troll servers.
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-27 20:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

was malekith shown up? i missed it. quote relevant post
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-27 20:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
[M]an you need to get the *** off your high horse.
Ohrllynao? How about we settle this like men, Medieval Times style?

You bring your high horse over yonder, I'll saddle up as well and we can joust. If you can manage to knock me on my *** well you win... and we'll all pronounce you King of the Internetz!
 Asura.Gavvy
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-27 20:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a combination of Hydra Haubert (mainly for DD tanking, abilities/spells). Ares for idiling in and for casting Ni, and Neuvo for casting ichi/reprisal etc.

Gear is situational, but if I had to chose one of those 3, it would be Ares. It's a very useful piece of gear.
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-27 21:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Gavvy said:

sigh.

alright, let's break it down then (assuming you weren't trolling me, but korpg bought it either way like a tool); haubergeon (nq) +5 str (fSTR, probably looking at about atleast 2DMG a majority of the time, which helps when you can possibly hit for 0 on whatever you're fighting that's resistant to piercing most likely), and 12.50 accuracy, while hydra haubert is... 10 accuracy straight. remember: nq haubergeon here.

PS: idle meleeing in enmity does nearly nothing, enough to the point where a person that performed melee actions without any enmity on would probably have a monster shift between them and a person with +40 enmity on, equally 24.7; i've been taught this fact by the best mothertrucking paladin that ever existed.

if yer really going to oblige an easily-attained 1.25% hit rate that costs a mere 250k, then that's your choice, but yer still wasting a hydra haubert in my books (as well as anyone else with the right concept, for that matter).

What I find hilarious, is when you click the link of the "best mothertrucking pld that ever existed [that taught me the basis of why +enmity while meleeing isn't useful, thus making hydra hauberk 'a waste'], you find that he himself is wearing that piece of gear >.>

Thats like, contradicting yourself, your idol is wearing the very piece your arguing against XD
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 21:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

town gear says hello, much to the same sense where i don't wear a body that only offers +2 atk offensive-wise, derp.

check his item sets, he clearly does not melee in hydra haubert: homam corazza to emphasize on his excalibur's additional effect, as well as sustain his accuracy rating

and yes, i've learned a few things from him, but he isn't my idol (i don't have any for that matter); he's my bro (:
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-27 22:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to think of a sarcastic comment to make against that Paladin, something like "omg NQ Crimson Cuisses or something"... then I clicked on the link and found myself speechless. That's one insane Paladin right there if the gear is any indication.

And yeah, personally for me;

Idle(TP): Haubergeon +1
Idle(Non-TP)/Kiting: Vermillion Cloak Ares would go here if I had it
Enmity: Valor Surcoat working on Iron Ram Hauberk okay :( Campaign ftl
Physical damage reduction: Koenig Cuirass second only to Valhalla Breastplate for physical reduction
Magic damage reduction: Coral Scale Mail Needs moar HQ
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 22:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oddly enough, he only recently upgraded to blood cuisses about four months ago, so feel proud for atleast figuring out his last real odd-ended hq; had nq prior to such :| lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-27 22:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take even NQ, damn you Kirin :(
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-08-27 23:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats Malekith.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-08-27 23:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Either Korpg doesn't know how to read or Korpg doesn't know how to read. I believe there was a comment said that Ares Body is a refresh piece that doesn't take off your head piece. What does Vermy Cloak do!? Oh ***!SADJABNXJN Anyways, if you actually have atonement, hitting for 0 is pretty bad. Haubergeon is nice yes, but a free 1 MP a tick? Parade Gorget is something all PLDs should have, because you don't blink when you put it on! As an HNM PLD you should know that you want to put the least pressure on your healers as possible, blinking can be pretty stressing. Especially if that healer does not use things like Blinkmenot. :)

Btw grats Malekith, very nice piece! I miss the game, but hey with me being in the University of Central Florida doubt I'd have time to play! :D
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-08-28 01:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have Ares to see how it changes your play style. PLD is MP dependant (more so /nin /rdm), and yeah there's Parade gorgets for high HP, Hercules ring for low hp, but you'll find yourself in between quite often depending what you fight. A constant tick of mp really lets you dump mp more often without worrying about running dry, since you can still use gorget/ring anyway. And since you argue enmity, this lets you keep refresh and something like bahamuts mask on, whereas vermy would remove both the body enmity + head enmity.
It's a great body piece, and the refresh makes it a great body piece, cause as already pointed out, there's better options for other stuff.
The other stats on it are kinda moot for all jobs anyway, except maybe WAR (steel cyclone?) I dunno really, don't have that other stuff leveled.
Down to play styles really at the end of the day, but if a PLD is having that much trouble holding hate cause his body doesn't have 5~ enmity on it, then there's other problems.

Oh and grats!