Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-19 13:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
Square Enix said:
[Update Details]
- The completion objective for the 13th Vana’versary event “Behemoth Battle” has been adjusted.

I knew it was broken! Glad I only wasted 25 mins on the behemoth and left until they fixed it.

What exactly was fixed?

- Automatic ejection of inactive players?
- Extended time to complete the requirements?
- Removal of random npc's?
- Event status no longer disappears?
- Reduced number of requirements?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 13:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They really need to eject leechers if they removed Thunderbolt's status removing effect or you'll have 180 leeches and two active people screaming in frustration.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-19 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yah you win once the afkers are just standing there but not actually in it because they get zapped and lose their status effect. Honestly I don't think it needed changed but hope it makes it easier for everyone.

I was able to stand out of range of the status remove JA but yet be in range to get credit. I did this to piss off the JP's that refused to team up and win.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-19 13:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they might extend this one. Servers still down.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Emergency maintenance apparently adjusted the event.

It's probably made easier, as I heard that on the JP forums that they were screaming bloody murder about the supposed difficulty.

I admit that if you try to actually do all the SC objectives it's a pain in the ***, but if you work smarter instead of harder it takes no time at all; just a person or two to assist.

I'm willing to help anyone on Bahamut who needs to get their clock and trust. I'll be on game in an hour, just poke me in /tell.

Edit: I'll be on in an hour if servers are up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-19 13:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

It's probably made easier, as I heard that on the JP forums that they were screaming bloody murder about the supposed difficulty.

I admit that if you try to actually do all the SC objectives it's a pain in the ***, but if you work smarter instead of harder it takes no time at all; just a person or two to assist.

I'm willing to help anyone on Bahamut who needs to get their clock and trust. I'll be on game in an hour, just poke me in /tell.

Not that this means squat, but I'm pretty proud of getting Kupofried under the previous conditions.

Anyway, carry on!
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-05-19 14:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't that hard -_-; I got the clock and trust in like 30min tops. Maybe less than that. You just run away from its Thunderbolt. This was solo and event NPCs.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 14:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
It wasn't that hard -_-; I got the clock and trust in like 30min tops. Maybe less than that. You just run away from its Thunderbolt. This was solo and event NPCs.

You don't even have to run if you have a way to self-cure. Or a trust that'll heal you.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-05-19 14:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The thunderbolt can blow off your behesuit cancelling your moogle magic. At least thats what happened to me. His final Meteor leaves you with 4hp or something. Like when hes gonna die.
 Carbuncle.Larodar
Server: Carbuncle
user: Larodar
By Carbuncle.Larodar 2015-05-19 14:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see, we had a guy using shout to repeat every directive then yelling "Fail" smugly. We had a Sam telling everybody else to not ws (SAM only), but even when we stopped he/they missed the quotas. We aslo had a guy that would ws wildly until the final objective when you're supposed to ws wildly. He would stop for that part.

When all these folks buggered off, my friend and I duo'd the thing quite nicely. Glad it's over (:
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 14:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The thunderbolt can blow off your behesuit cancelling your moogle magic. At least thats what happened to me. His final Meteor leaves you with 4hp or something. Like when hes gonna die.

The meteors he uses before his final 10% only take about 10% of your max HP, making anyone who is /dnc able to keep their HP at full and thus not be affected by Thunderbolt. I kept myself fully healed and was never affected by Bolt as long as I was as 100% HP.

His final Meteor won't kill you; just take you to 1 or so. I don't think it physically attacks, so you shouldn't be in danger of dying to the thing.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-05-19 14:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The meteors he uses before his final 10% only take about 10% of your max HP, making anyone who is /dnc able to keep their HP at full and thus not be affected by Thunderbolt. I kept myself fully healed and was never affected by Bolt as long as I was as 100% HP.

His final Meteor won't kill you; just take you to 1 or so. I don't think it physically attacks, so you shouldn't be in danger of dying to the thing.
That makes sense. Didnt think his thunderbolt was HP dependent lol. Either way I just ran. Iy has a small radius and long charge time.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that was something to discourage AFKing, because if you lose event status, you can't get rewards.
By Chyula 2015-05-19 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

auto attack and go sleep, wake up and event done. that takes too much work.
By runeghost 2015-05-19 16:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
...and everyone that does that makes it that much more irritating and take even longer for everyone trying to do the event.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-05-20 01:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When does this event end? Is it still doable?
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-20 01:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
When does this event end? Is it still doable?

I believe it ends on June 2nd at 1 a.m. (PDT), and I hear it is best to do low man if possible.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-20 03:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Unless they changed Thunderbolt, if you do that and the active people actually manage to complete an objective, you'll eventually get hit by Thunderbolt and lose event status.

So you can't auto-attack, go to sleep and win.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-05-20 07:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to a noob how to do this event? Lol
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-05-20 07:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeker help me lol
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-20 07:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Short list:
(I did the Windurst waters quest)
Talk to the Moogle at the box and recieve a Behe suit.
Equip the suit and talk to the Moogle behind him. (The one wearing sunglasses.)
Do the Skillchain quest and repeat until you get 100 points total or 20 points in a single going. (It really is self explanatory.)
Beat quest, get behe suit +1.
Go outside to Saruta, equip the +1 suit and talk to the moogle right outside the zone to get status.
Whack the Behemoth and look at your log for an objective.
Beat Objective -> go to Moogle and recieve the clock.
Get status again and whack the Behemoth again, beat 10 objectives and get the Kupofried Cypher. (This is also very self explanatory.)
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-05-20 07:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Short list:
(I did the Windurst waters quest)
Talk to the Moogle at the box and recieve a Behe suit.
Equip the suit and talk to the Moogle behind him. (The one wearing sunglasses.)
Do the Skillchain quest and repeat until you get 100 points total or 20 points in a single going. (It really is self explanatory.)
Beat quest, get behe suit +1.
Go outside to Saruta, equip the +1 suit and talk to the moogle right outside the zone to get status.
Whack the Behemoth and look at your log for an objective.
Beat Objective -> go to Moogle and recieve the clock.
Get status again and whack the Behemoth again, beat 10 objectives and get the Kupofried Cypher. (This is also very self explanatory.)

Thank you very much lol
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-05-20 07:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to that, every time you beat an objective, your ranking increases (it'll say as much in the log). At 10 (and beyond) it's just Heroic, which is what you need for the cipher.
The ranking stays, so you can leave the zone, log off, or whatever if you want/need to. It doesn't take long to do if objectives are getting completed though.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-20 07:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and another pointer I can give you once you start fighting the Behemoth outside; You get a 500TP/tick regain when you recieve quest status from the Moogle.
Just spam weapon skills, don't stop unless a skillchain needs to be organized for one of the objectives.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-05-20 13:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a stupid question, but anyone else having trouble getting Moghancement: Bounty with all that furniture already in their house? Heard you can move your stuff to the 2nd floor, but haven't tried yet (or know how to even do that).
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-05-20 13:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Furniture on the second floor doesn't affect Moghancements, so that would certainly be a way to do it. Just remove it from the layout, then go to the second floor and place it there. When placing an item now, you can pick from Safe 1 or Safe 2, so you don't need to change which Safe the item is actually in.

What the game won't let you do, of course, is let you reduce your Storage size below however many items you have in it. So, it's possible you'll need to place some additional furniture temporarily to facilitate moving things around.

Personally, I had little issue with getting the benefit, as the clock seems to be pretty dominant.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-20 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Seeker help me lol

Have you gotten it yet? If not, poke me in tell. I'll be on shortly.