Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 40 41 42
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2019-01-04 11:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s in OP, but you can change between Stringed and Wind and keep your TP. You can even change into ammo pieces (like Ginsen or Staunch Tathlum, for example) and keep your TP.

You only lose TP if you entirely unequip one of those two slots, or equip into one of them when both are empty, but switching between them is fine. And equipping ranged weapons like Rune Bow loses TP of course.

Basically you have nothing to worry about because you won’t be doing any of those things that cause you to lose TP anyways.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-01-04 11:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You lose tp if changing instrument types, shouldn't be an issue for DDBRD though. Linos --> Linos = no TP loss
I'm sure we can even change between different instrument types without losing TP.

Edit: Beaten
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-04 11:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you change ammo to ranged, you lose tp.

At least you do if you change a Ginsen to a Boomerang on THF, you lose aftermath too.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2019-01-04 11:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

because it’s a weapon, but instruments are okay.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-04 12:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Going from Gun to Gun on Ranger or Corsair (ex: Fomalhaut to Death Penalty) wipes your TP- I'm curious as to why going from say flute to flute doesn't.

Siren.Bruno said: »

Swapping ammo is also allowable (shuriken > non-throwing) and you won't lose TP, despite the shuriken being a weapon and the non-throwing ammo (like Yamarang) not being a weapon. Swapping back also doesn't wipe TP. For those two cases, it's unique.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-01-04 12:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Is there any way chironic or any other pieces that can beat out lustratio in any of those slots for Rudra's/Evisceration? Or is this the end all set for those? Seeing if there's a way to avoid the 30-40M splurge on lustratio without losing a lot of performance.
As Rudra's and Evisceration are both DEX-based you can use Ayanmo/NQ Lustratio/Jokushu Haidate as substitutes.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2019-01-04 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Going from Gun to Gun on Ranger or Corsair (ex: Fomalhaut to Death Penalty) wipes your TP- I'm curious as to why going from say flute to flute doesn't.

Swapping ammo is also allowable (shuriken > non-throwing) and you won't lose TP, despite the shuriken being a weapon and the non-throwing ammo (like Yamarang) not being a weapon. Swapping back also doesn't wipe TP. For those two cases, it's unique.

ah yeah you’re right on that, forgot swapping from shuriken for WSs/casting etc. just the Ranged slot weapons then
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-04 12:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides Instruments, are there any other non-weapon ranged items that fit in the ranged slot? Seems they just made TP loss for any weapon swaps period, sans ammo slot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-04 12:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are geo handbells. I don’t know if they cause you to lose tp
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-04 12:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm if you lose TP going from Dunna --> TP Ammo --> Dunna? or even Dunna --> Nepote Bell?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-04 13:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
For tp wouldn’t you want reiki yotai plus either suppanomimi or eabani earring so that you cap delay reduction?
^ this

Quote:
I would also say a really nice augment on chironic gloves would probably beat Ayanmo hands. Something like 25 acc/3% DA with a fern stone. Maybe.
No. Or rather not realistically.
You'd need insanely good augs, more likely QM augs, and then you'd need to use Jokushu Haidate in the legs slot to compensate for the haste loss.
BiS hands are Volte from Bastok, but good luck getting 'em.

Quote:
Also, telchine braconi start with 3% DA on them, might be decent to augment for DD if you can take the acc hit, and can afford to lose the haste from Ayanmo Pants.
They are nice in theory but require very different gearing paradygm or you won't cap haste. Or you could sacrifice Leaf slot for haste but... Also way less acc/stats than Ayanmo+2.
They used to be so hot, now they're ok in some builds but it's an old piece and it shows.

Quote:
Last edit I promise.... taming sari is really sexy. Might be better overall than Ternion +1 for your offhand unless you only care about that extra 1% TA.
Taming Sari BiS for Carnwenhan MH, but it's not like you can snap your fingers and get one =/

About Linos now:
The cap of Accuracy OR attack is +20.
The cap of Acc+Att (together, same slot) is +15, but to my experience is very very very very rare, Slit stones.
I've spent over 30 mils and I still don't have it capped myself :(

Also for Mordant Rime, Brioso+3 Head is indeed moderately better than Bihu+3, but you lose a lot of acc (15 of which is recovered thorugh the set bonus with the earring).
Brioso+3 loses to Bihu when you're NOT att capped.
On stuff that matters, more often than not, sadly you won't be att capped on BRD.

I can't say which one is best to equip, ideally you'd want both and use them according to the situation.
If you really have to pick one though, I'd pick Bihu over Brioso.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-04 13:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Is there any way chironic or any other pieces that can beat out lustratio in any of those slots for Rudra's/Evisceration?
Beat Lustratio+1? I dunno.
Being very close without the negative stuff on Lustratio+1? Absolutely.
Jokushu/Ayanmo+2 and even Volte give very good results.

At very very low buffs actually Bihu+3 is BiS even for Rudra despite the lower DEX, thanks to the plethora of Att.
But of course that can be expensive and since you were trying to save money, just go for Jokushu/Ayanmo is my suggestion!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-04 14:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I would also say a really nice augment on Chironic Gloves would probably beat Ayanmo hands. Something like 25 acc/3% DA with a fern stone. Maybe.
No. Or rather not realistically.
You'd need insanely good augs, more likely QM augs, and then you'd need to use Jokushu Haidate in the legs slot to compensate for the haste loss.
BiS hands are Volte from Bastok, but good luck getting 'em.

If you do Reiki Yotai + Suppa, you could afford to lose the 1 haste from Ayanmo to Chironic and still cap attack speed, but I'm generally in agreement with your statement. In general, Ayanmo hands really give you nothing but that extra 1% haste and accuracy. You're not using the enspell bonus. 3% DA would at least increase TP generation, and Chironic hands come with 15 acc already, so you don't get too much of an acc loss.

The Oseem page says you can get up to 30 acc, if you ignore stat, and atk, you'd only have to get 2 stats optimal to make it comparable.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-04 14:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been tryin to use my Chironic Gloves (had a nice DA augment with acc/att+20) for a long time, but they lose by far with Ayanmo+2. It annoyed me because I don't like Ayanmo, but the difference was really big.

the >1% haste is probably no big deal, but the accuracy difference is a lot.
Ayanmo has 43 vs Chironic 15 (45 with max acc cap)
From this point of view is no big deal (but 30 isn't very realistic :-P)
You're forgetting 53 DEX vs 23 DEX and last but not least 24 STR vs 3 STR.

I dunno but that might be part of the reason why the appearently unattractive Ayanmo+2 wins over Chironic with good augs =/

I think Chironic Gloves with Quadruple Attack could probably win, I personally haven't tested a lot of those dream-like augments but I can totally see it happen.

As I mentioned before from my tests Volte Hands is the currently winning piece for TP, but that's not something easy to obtain either, so you might argue a comparison with dream-like DM augs on Chironic is acceptable.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-04 15:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been tryin to use my Chironic Gloves (had a nice DA augment with acc/att+20) for a long time, but they lose by far with Ayanmo+2. It annoyed me because I don't like Ayanmo, but the difference was really big.

the >1% haste is probably no big deal, but the accuracy difference is a lot.
Ayanmo has 43 vs Chironic 15 (45 with max acc cap)
From this point of view is no big deal (but 30 isn't very realistic :-P)
You're forgetting 53 DEX vs 23 DEX and last but not least 24 STR vs 3 STR.

I dunno but that might be part of the reason why the appearently unattractive Ayanmo+2 wins over Chironic with good augs =/

I think Chironic Gloves with Quadruple Attack could probably win, I personally haven't tested a lot of those dream-like augments but I can totally see it happen.

As I mentioned before from my tests Volte Hands is the currently winning piece for TP, but that's not something easy to obtain either, so you might argue a comparison with dream-like DM augs on Chironic is acceptable.

I didn't mean to say thirty, only that the oseem page says you can get up to 30. So I didn't feel like 25 (what I originally stated) would be too unreasonable.

The dex difference is significant, 22 acc is no small amount. Did the DA not affect your Melee - WS frequency at all? You would definitely see less white damage using Chironic, but should see more WS quantity over time, if acc is high enough. I guess the acc part is the operative consideration here.

Volte looks beastly for BRD, but I wasn't really considering that as a viable choice for the most part.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-04 17:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

by the way, I'm marginally impressed with the logic SE employed in not losing TP while swapping instruments (or non-weapons, if that's more appropriate)...although as an instrument repair technician, I've definitely seen some flutes lately that look like the kid beat someone over the head with it!
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2019-01-05 23:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

clearly Ayanmo are the superior choice for Accuracy, but I thought I would share my Chironic Gloves augs with you guys while we're on the topic :)

shame the Acc augment isn't higher, but they're still nice for when it's not needed!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-06 10:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Would need to be tested but, barring the -1 Haste (which is more than compensated if you use Jokushu Haidate in the legs slot), an aug like that could probably outperform other TP options.
Possibly even Volte, which are the current BiS?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
By eliroo 2019-02-18 12:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ran with the Augmented Carnwenhan? What numbers are you seeing from Mordant?
By SimonSes 2019-02-18 13:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Has anyone ran with the Augmented Carnwenhan? What numbers are you seeing from Mordant?

My Carn is still lv 6 (doing it by farming myself and cards took priority because of campaign), but with this set:

ItemSet 361583

and capped pdif and AM3 you can expect 25410 damage on avg.
Kaja, Twashtar and Barfawc are all great offhand too (some or all of them probably overall very slightly better than Taming for DPS, because of Taming's high delay)
[+]
By eliroo 2019-02-18 16:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds pretty good powerful. Is Carnwenhan considered the better weapon now that augments are available or is the aeonic still pulling ahead?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-18 17:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
That sounds pretty good powerful. Is Carnwenhan considered the better weapon now that augments are available or is the aeonic still pulling ahead?
According to my calculations R15 Carnwenhan beats (slightly) R15 Aeneas.

I'm a bit skeptic on those results so take it as a grain of salt. I've been intending to create a new, more updated BRD spreadsheet because I feel mine is far too outdated, but I never found the time to do it.

Btw I'm talking with AM3 down, with AM3 up of course Carns is above Aeneas but it's simply not viable to keep AM3 up most of the times.

Regardless of my skepticism, what can be said without any doubts is that comparing R15 weapons, the gap between Carns and Aeneas is definitely smaller than it was on the pre-R15 weapons.
That is thanks to the R15 augs themselves, but also to the indirect buffs Mordant Rime received (JSE neck and Relic+3)

Can't say a lot about R15 Twashtar, kinda curious about that but haven't found the time to test it on BRD, yet.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-18 18:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 Twashtar is only competitive with Centovente or with DNC 1hr and maybe for THF with full white damage TP set. BRD doesn't have enough accuracy for Centovente and has poor white damage (low crit rate/damage and no special mechanics like triple attack damage+ on THF), so I don't see Twashtar being any good for BRD.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2019-02-18 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been intending to create a new, more updated BRD spreadsheet because I feel mine is far too outdated, but I never found the time to do it.

I feel this, it's just such a time sink ;;
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-02-18 19:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD Savage Blade, using Kaja Sword and TP Bonus +1000 dagger in off hand (if even viable).

ItemSet 365094

Reisen augmented gear may surpass Lustratio set?
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-02-18 20:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Full disclosure, I do not have Carn.

That being said, in both reality and concept I still really like Aeneas for BRD. Carn requires AM3, which requires the Damage of 3 full weaponskills to obtain. And then, chances are, I am going to want to do something else over the duration of those 3 minutes of AM, lessening the value of the AM. I think I'd just ignore the whole AM thing and Rudra's spam (which still hits harder than Mordant even at R15)

And this whole offhand TP bonus thingy (which would work for Rudra's too) is already finnicky, and even moreso when the weapon is C- skill to start.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-19 01:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel this, it's just such a time sink ;;
Well I wasn't planning to start from zero, that would be beyond my time and capabilities.
I was more thinking to start from an already existing and updated Spreadsheet, and modify it from there.
Like take the THF one, you would already have 3 out of 4 of the BRD RMEAs, would "only" need to:

1) Adjust the job traits (TA, Crit, DW, add Fencer only when SW up etc)
2) Adjust Gifts
3) Remove Merits
4) Put a bunch of Gear

Number 4 requires the most work but is also the easiest. I dunno, it's something I've been planning to do but never find the time/will.
Uhm... wonder if it would be easier to use a DNC sheet rather than a THF one, uh... maybe not.

SimonSes said: »
so I don't see Twashtar being any good for BRD.
Is Twashtar R15 only good with Centovente? I had the impression from the DNC forum that it was better than Aeneas even with Sari OH.
Regardless, I too am skeptic on it working good for BRD but would still love to test it and see how far behind it is.

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Carn requires AM3
Well that's kinda the heart of the matter.
Carns AM3 was always better than other options even pre Rank augments, point is that for that to happen you needed AM3 which, realistically, can only happen in a limited amount of situations.
The thing though is that appearently with the new gear and with the R15 weapons, Carns seems to be slightly better than Aeneas even without AM3 being up.
These are the results I got from the spreadsheet but I'm doubting them, which is why you see me so hesitant in advocating Carns over Aeneas.

There are pros and cons. Aeneas is really simple to use, you can benefit from other people's afterglow (lol), you just engage, shoot those Rudras and that's it.
With Carns... well if you don't have to manage AM3 it wouldn't be that different, you would just shoot those Mordant and go for AM3 when feasible.

Carn means a few little positive things if you melee a lot on BRD, for instance:
1) If you are meleeing (and weapon slot is of course locked) you don't have to disengage to reapply songs with Carns
2) You don't lose TP swapping back and forth from Carns to Aeneas
3) It's best if you need to debuff while engaged

Small things that probably don't change a lot at the end of the day, but they feel "good" if I have to say, it has a nice flow to it.

Quote:
And this whole offhand TP bonus thingy (which would work for Rudra's too) is already finnicky, and even moreso when the weapon is C- skill to start.
For Aeneas MH it's not really that great because of TP overflow.

Also BRD is B- not C. Compared to a job with A+ Dagger you are losing ~30 acc on BRD.
To those who say BRD is having acc issues uhm... maybe, but it's not such a big deal as you may thing.
Full Ayanmo+2 may not be BiS but it's really really good for Acc, you have access to the majority of acc+ accessories in the Rings/Ears slots and BRD has the best JSE neck in terms of accuracy. That alone gives ~49 acc.
So in terms of viability of Centovente TP bonus well, it's worse than DNC but it's still somewhat useable in a large amount of content.

I'm not promoting Centovente for BRD, was just tryin to give a better picture on the topic.

Asura.Yso said: »
BRD Savage Blade, using Kaja Sword and TP Bonus +1000 dagger in off hand (if even viable).

ItemSet 365094

Reisen augmented gear may surpass Lustratio set?
Why BRD's Charm+2, for the Acc and QA?
Are you getting better numbers from this set than from the other "regular" dagger options?

I'm a bit skeptic on BRD using that but hey, colour me surprised if I'm wrong.
By SimonSes 2019-02-19 06:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also BRD is B- not C. Compared to a job with A+ Dagger you are losing ~30 acc on BRD.
To those who say BRD is having acc issues uhm... maybe, but it's not such a big deal as you may thing.
Full Ayanmo+2 may not be BiS but it's really really good for Acc, you have access to the majority of acc+ accessories in the Rings/Ears slots and BRD has the best JSE neck in terms of accuracy. That alone gives ~49 acc.
So in terms of viability of Centovente TP bonus well, it's worse than DNC but it's still somewhat useable in a large amount of content.

People always forget about JP gifts and traits :P

DNC has +35 accuracy from trait and 43 accuracy more in Gifts.
So it's more like 100+ accuracy difference between those jobs before gear.

The best Centovente set I could think about is this:

ItemSet 365218

That will put you at ~1072 accuracy, which might be enough for some end game content, but not all.

Another thing is ODT on BRD is kinda crap because of low att in TP gear and no native (or from gear) crit rate/damage bonuses.

This set also has +29 store tp, 6%QA, 22%DA. This is not bad, but far away from AM3 Carn with optimal set.

Lastly Rudra's set especially with Centovente offhand, has really low attack compered to Mordant Rime set. It also has no real defensive value, while Mordant set has nice MEVA and 20% more PDT.

This Savage set posted above is not optimal, because of no MND on Lustratio. For example Bihu legs +3 will easily beat Lustratio +1 (25STR, 43MND, 69Att vs 2%WSD, it's not even close). I haven't checked other slots.

Avg damage (with only main hit, because the rest will probably have floored acc) with capped pdif (including +10% from +2 neck)
Savage at 2250/3000TP - 27470/33952
Rudra's at 2250/3000TP (with AG Twashtar) - 27582/32918
Rudra's at 2250/3000TP (with R15 Twashtar) - 31313/37371

So Savage blade is an option if you don't plan to make R15 Twashtar and want to have a build for fodder mobs. Keep in mind tho, that Centovente with above TP set, but with Kaja Sword will have ~1062 accuracy.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-19 06:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
The best Centovente set I could think about is this:

ItemSet 365218

That will put you at ~1072 accuracy, which might be enough for some end game content, but not all.
It's exactely the same set I had in mind.
Granted it kinda depends on the buffs you have on.

The buffs I do normally for Divergence are:
Marcato HM, Minux2, Scherzo (wave1)
Marcato HM, Blade Madrigal, Minu5, Scherzo (wave2)
Marcato HM, Madrix2, Minu? (don't remember if I use scherzo on Wave3, probably not since Mijin is single target. Still have fell cleave and other AoE stuff but heh)

Using buffs specifically tailed so that they will benefit ONLY the BRD is quite idiotic. I mean, if you wanna do it once for fun sure, but on a regular basis it sounds very stupid to me.
But if those same buffs can somehow benefit other jobs (not every job has the same acc as a DNC or DRG, maybe someone wants to use a lower acc set in their TP, stuff like that) then why not?

Quote:
Another thing is ODT on BRD is kinda crap because of low att in TP gear and no native (or from gear) crit rate/damage bonuses.
Unless you're fencering (for which you wouldn't be using Centovente anyway of course lol) yes.
And I agree, more than accuracy the lack of Att is BRD's main problem imo.
Which is also why Mordant Rime with 5/5 Relic+3 works so nice for BRD, if you ask me.
Sadly that doesn't matter for autoattack so Twashtar wouldn't really benefit from it.
One could argue Dia2-4 and Frailty on targets but:
1) it's not realistical to have them up 100% of your melee time on every single target
2) Even with Idris and BoG, it's probably not enough for stuff like Wave2, definitely not enough for Wave3 (might be okaysh for Wave1 or any content easier than that, I guess).

Quote:
So Savage blade is an option if you don't plan to make R15 Twashtar and want to have a build for fodder mobs.
I think it could be nice even for stuff where you want to shoot DDs at it but you want to avoid SCs at all costs (Maju? Onychophora? Can't think of anything else).
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 40 41 42