First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 15:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jenniferrr said: »
Does anyone use kblub off hand for BRD seg farming? You're already using tp weap for offhand. Accuracy usually isn't an issue until 4th floor then I usually just pianissimo an accuracy song.

Disclaimer: I don't own a kclub but still curious.

It's not good. It could possibly be comparable to a TP bonus offhand, but you'd need to get 2k TP to be similar, in which case you just fed the mob tons more TP and you've achieved nothing you couldn't do with a TP bonus offhand.

If you're doing 2 WS per mob and firing off at 1k it could be slightly faster but we're talking fractions of a second and only for mobs you couldn't 1shot.

Also consider that BRD gear largely includes DA/TA/QA on it, so you won't be getting as much from the KC as other jobs and/or you'll be sacrificing the MH hits.

It's probably workable, but not optimal. Would be nice for Carn situations! Maybe W3 boss with enough acc. Just my $0.02
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-05 18:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how I asked the same exact question on the the same Page... and people answered.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2024-02-05 19:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kclub is the superior offhand because you can lockstyle the Cath Palug hammer over it and entertain your party!
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-02-05 19:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't it only meow once per attack round?
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2024-02-05 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It occasionally meows 2 to 8 times per round.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-02-05 21:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
consider that BRD gear largely includes DA/TA/QA on it

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-05 22:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You could go back literally one page where plenty of sets are shown that are largely considered the standard for BRD tp, but if you want someone to break it down further for you by all means
By Nariont 2024-02-05 22:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

High end BRD TP set is mostly DA/QA, bunzi hat/hands, nyame pieces, JSE neck, linos with QA, legs/body are the primary STP pieces just cause there's not a whole lot better in those slots.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-05 22:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Areaden said: »
Do you happen to have a DD set for Melee sword or dagger set up that you use?

I believe this is in multiple guides already, but this is pretty much the agreed upon BiS TP set for BRD melee

ItemSet 392621

If you don't need 50% DT or have a different TVR ring you can adjust a little bit, but this is pretty universal.

It will change a little bit in very obvious ways if you're not dual-wielding.

Here we go, took 10 seconds. I'll even break it down for you.

11 ~ 21 DW depending on your cape (ear back wasit)
Hat: 7~8 STP, 2~3 Quad
Body: 10 STP, but 7 DA if you use Ayanmo+2 if no Ashera
Hands: 8 DA
Legs: 8 STP
Feet: 4~5 DA
Ear: 1 DA + 5 STP
Rings: 10 STP
Horn: 3 Quad, 3 DA OR 4 STP
Neck: 3 Quad
Offhand: 6 Triple or 5 Quad

Also you get 10 DA or STP if you dont sub DNC from your cape

we're looking at something like 9 Quad / 6 Triple / 14 DA / 45 STP
The numbers lean MORE DA and less STP when you have lower end gear
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 22:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

High end BRD TP set is mostly DA/QA, bunzi hat/hands, nyame pieces, JSE neck, linos with QA, legs/body are the primary STP pieces just cause there's not a whole lot better in those slots.

Yup, what he said, and that gear isn't very easy to replace. You can't realistically choose not to wear BRD JSE neck, Linos has other stats but they're not remotely competitive with QA. Bunzi has the best stats by far and there's no competitive STP piece, especially not with DT.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-02-05 22:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to be condescending. I can see the sets, but the word largely sounds horribly wrong to me when you have a max value of 14% DA in a set (or 24% with the cape) when they don't get any otherwise.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-05 22:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is on the heels of someone commenting about Kclub usage when the active page at time of them asking had the answer right in front of them.

That being said; Sure the value's arn't exceptionally high like a Warrior's or Thief's would be for example. But also Bard has very little in terms of options, and their main TP pieces that are easily acquired are the neck, offhand, Linos, etc. as previously mentioned. I don't think it's worth nitpicking on the word 'Largely' when it's pretty clear that BRD doesn't have the luxury of choice.

If the attitude implied in my post was unwarranted it was more the feeling that people love to post without taking the smallest amount of effort to answer their own question, but if you were more harping on the verbage of his post then by all means we can have a discussion.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-02-05 22:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
people love to post without taking the smallest amount of effort to answer their own question

100% agree here. I wasn't nitpicking the word, I just wanted clarity if those values are what they meant by a large amount. In trying to piece sets together that's the part I find is the most difficult to improve on outside of lucky dark matter augments.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-05 22:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say that the set is as it is more so to keep DT capped. If you want to make sacrifices you have choices for sure. You can focus more on STP in the rings, feet (volte) etc. You can run +10 DW on the cape and sub /NIN, cut the earring and belt out for more TA/DA etc.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 22:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My TP set has 21% QA/TA/DA, which means you won't proc KC 20+% of the time, and none of those pieces can really be swapped out for STP. That's what I meant by it's highly MA-based. 6 pieces are dedicated to MA, 2 for DW, so there's very little flexibility to make efficient use of KC, especially if you want to keep 50% DT
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-05 23:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My TP set has 21% QA/TA/DA, which means you won't proc KC 20+% of the time, and none of those pieces can really be swapped out for STP. That's what I meant by it's highly MA-based. 6 pieces are dedicated to MA, 2 for DW, so there's very little flexibility to make efficient use of KC, especially if you want to keep 50% DT

That's not counting Offhand right? 21 seems low if you're including OH

Now if one wanted to exclusively use KClub for a set... They'd probably have to only keep QA gear? Use Volte hands/Feet. and lose out on a chunk of DT.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 23:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

That's not counting Offhand right? 21 seems low if you're including OH

Now if one wanted to exclusively use KClub for a set... They'd probably have to only keep QA gear? Use Volte hands/Feet. and lose out on a chunk of DT.

Not including OH because we're talking about KC, but sometimes I use Crep for Carn setups, FWIW.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-02-06 00:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Artichokie said: »
Any variant to sub legs in order to cap haste?
Not really, sadly.
Don't wanna make you even more depressed but back in the days it took me almost 3 years of bi-weekly Dyna runs to finally see a pair drop (granted I was rotating zones each week, so ~2 Bastok runs per month).

I guess next best option is Ayanmo+2.
You can choose different approaches though. For instance instead of Reiki/Eabani you could choose to go with 10% DW on cape and use a Haste belt and an earring of your choice.
If you have the 10% ring from TVR you can use that.
Or you could even go for 10% haste on cape.

At that point a couple of other options (like Nyame B legs, from R25 onwards it's a decent option) but in all honesty not many, alas.
I'm of course ruling out Nyame A which would be even better than Volte, aside from the Haste issue, but not many people have those, and rightfully so.
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-02-06 07:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez, bud, I wasn't trying to get your panties in a wad. Cale down.

No, I didn't read your previous post. Yes, I could have read the previous discussion but my time was limited and I had a simple question.

It's very easy to simply refer someone to the discussion so they can read it.

Thanks for your time.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2024-02-06 07:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use:

ItemSet 394704

Brd/Nin
10 DW Cape
Head Bunzi: 8 STP, 3 Quad (r30)
Body Ashera: 10 STP
Hand Bunzi: 8 DA (r30)
Legs Nyame: 6 DA (r30)
Feet Nyame: 5 DA (r30)
Belt Sail+1: 5 DA 2 TA (r15)
Ear1 Telos: 1 DA + 5 STP
Ear2 Cessance: 3 DA + 3 STP
Rings: Moonlight/Chirich+1 11 STP
Horn: 3 Quad + 4 STP
Neck: 3 Quad
Offhand: 5 Quad

14 Quad / 2 Triple / 28 DA / 41 STP / 52% DT / High Meva-Mdef

I find the 4 DA better than the 4 STP and it is highly defense for the extremely minor loss in TP gain. That 4 STP is not allowing you to WS a single attack round sooner. Although the 4 DA could with some luck.
By Artichokie 2024-02-06 07:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Artichokie said: »
Any variant to sub legs in order to cap haste?
Not really, sadly.
Don't wanna make you even more depressed but back in the days it took me almost 3 years of bi-weekly Dyna runs to finally see a pair drop (granted I was rotating zones each week, so ~2 Bastok runs per month).

Ouch...Welp, here I go again today. Volte drop rate literally makes no sense!

Went with DW cape/Sailfi/Telos for now (fingers crossed), thx!
[+]
By Nariont 2024-02-06 08:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the 2nd dice roll of aman trove too i think. But yeah it's rough rng on the volte stuff
By Areaden 2024-02-09 07:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@dex Hey, I see the misunderstanding here. Thank you for your 10 seconds. I was trying to get other peoples versions to see alternatives.

I kind of feel like you’re the guy at work, in your real life that works with a bunch of “idiots” and “lazy people“. Though I do not appreciate the tone you’ve taken with me, I do also equally value the information you provided that I already had. Next time, I’ll make my question more precise as to alleviate the need for you to give an unnecessary reply.
By Mesias 2024-02-12 14:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what i've been using: BRD/NIN

weapons carn/crep naegling/cento

DT 34, PDT 10, Haste 24, DW 10, QA 11~16 , TA 2, DA 9, STP 56

sets.engaged = {
range={ name="Linos", Acc15, STP4, QA3
head="Bunzi's Hat", R25
neck="Bard's Charm +2",
ear1="Telos Earring",
ear2="Balder Earring +1",
body="Nyame Mail", path A R20
hands="Bunzi's Gloves", R25
ring1="Moonlight Ring",
ring2="Moonlight Ring",
back=gear.stp_jse_back, DW/PDT
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
legs="Volte Tights",
feet="Volte Spats"}

I dont have Ashera or volte hands.

Long ago i stopped including main/offhand weapons for lullaby/debuffs on segment runs, Macc its just fine and prevents me from losing TP, I love using carn but in all honesty nothing beats naegling overall damage over the run.

Edit: A swap for a Carn AM engaged set would be volte hands and crepuscular earring.

I've seen other bards who mainly use naegling most of the time, is to use Nyame Path B pieces instead of Volte, more DT and DA.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-12 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Areaden said: »
@dex Hey, I see the misunderstanding here. Thank you for your 10 seconds. I was trying to get other peoples versions to see alternatives.

I kind of feel like you’re the guy at work, in your real life that works with a bunch of “idiots” and “lazy people“. Though I do not appreciate the tone you’ve taken with me, I do also equally value the information you provided that I already had. Next time, I’ll make my question more precise as to alleviate the need for you to give an unnecessary reply.

What are you on about? Neither of my snarky replies were directed at you....

You're totally correct, at my office job that's exactly the type of person I deal with on a daily basis. Happy you could discern that through my tone.

"Happy I provided info you already had". What do you mean by this? This is a thread on a forum, you can ask whatever you want. If the answer was already stated pages and pages ago, it happens where people repeat the question and that's normal. When its on the same page, I personally would say, expect some criticism. That's not to say you're a ***player or person, maybe just a but lazy or oblivious (in that moment). Hell I've done it, and received the same slack for it, so what would make anyone else special?
And I reiterate... Neither of my snark replies were at you, so why are you upset with me? Jenniferrr and Jukiro already shared their distaste with me. Did you just want to feel included?

In addition, if I answer someone's question or share info, that's simply my experience. Perhaps I'm wrong, or only 90% the way true. Read more posts, digest more information, and come up with your own conclusions. Treating me like my '10 seconds of time' was super valuable or not kind of misses the point, whether I'm a good player or not... which most of you wouldn't know having not played with me.
 Cerberus.Talandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Aster
By Cerberus.Talandra 2024-03-01 07:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How outdated are the sets here? I know they at least don't have Ambuscade gear from what I can see, I'm just not sure what else they're missing and combing through the forum comments only helps so much lol
By SimonSes 2024-03-01 07:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Talandra said: »
How outdated are the sets here? I know they at least don't have Ambuscade gear from what I can see, I'm just not sure what else they're missing and combing through the forum comments only helps so much lol

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46553/military-parade-a-dd-bard-guide/34/#3610312
[+]
By paladinepsot 2024-03-09 17:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ML32 Bard/Dnc:

This is the TP set I use:
ItemSet 395058

Without buffs:
Primary Accuracy: 1269 Primary Attack: 1421
Auxiliary Accuracy: 1269 Auxiliary Attack: 1281
Stp: 30, QA: 3, TA: 2, DA: 19, Phys. Damage Taken: -39%

Minuet V, IV, Victory March, Marcato Honor March takes us to:
Primary Accuracy: 1358 Primary Attack: 2247
Auxiliary Accuracy: 1358 Auxiliary Attack: 2105
Stp: 30, QA: 3, TA: 2, DA: 19, Phys. Damage Taken: -50%

I do have a +7 geo alt, and with Frailty/Dia2 up the attack cap for Locus Colibris is ~2638. Chaos roll from Quiltada is more than enough to cover the difference, so Indi-CHR is used and entrust-refresh tops the geo off if they get low on mana for some reason.

Carn aftermath drives all the multi-hit you need and builds quickly. Mordant Rime actually self-chains very well and does significantly more DPS than Rudra's spam with TPBonus dagger. When I'm doing MLs in colibri I hover around 3200 DPS for the bard with an additional 700 or so in skillchain damage from Mordant -> Mordant distortion. I do not have a moonshade or any augmented Odyssey gear.

The only difference between my engaged set and WS set is a cape auged with chr/wsd instead of dex/da, ishvara's earring, and epaminondas's/metamorph +1 augmented rings.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-09 17:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

paladinepsot said: »
ML32 Bard/Dnc:

This is the TP set I use:
ItemSet 395058

Without buffs:
Primary Accuracy: 1269 Primary Attack: 1421
Auxiliary Accuracy: 1269 Auxiliary Attack: 1281
Stp: 30, QA: 3, TA: 2, DA: 19, Phys. Damage Taken: -39%

Minuet V, IV, Victory March, Marcato Honor March takes us to:
Primary Accuracy: 1358 Primary Attack: 2247
Auxiliary Accuracy: 1358 Auxiliary Attack: 2105
Stp: 30, QA: 3, TA: 2, DA: 19, Phys. Damage Taken: -50%

I do have a +7 geo alt, and with Frailty/Dia2 up the attack cap for Locus Colibris is ~2638. Chaos roll from Quiltada is more than enough to cover the difference, so Indi-CHR is used and entrust-refresh tops the geo off if they get low on mana for some reason.

Carn aftermath drives all the multi-hit you need and builds quickly. Mordant Rime actually self-chains very well and does significantly more DPS than Rudra's spam with TPBonus dagger. When I'm doing MLs in colibri I hover around 3200 DPS for the bard with an additional 700 or so in skillchain damage from Mordant -> Mordant distortion. I do not have a moonshade or any augmented Odyssey gear.

The only difference between my engaged set and WS set is a cape auged with chr/wsd instead of dex/da, ishvara's earring, and epaminondas's/metamorph +1 augmented rings.

I have...so many opinions...
-/NIN has more delay reduction than /DNC, without the need to haste samba constantly, wasting TP and adding extra delay
-This is a terrible TP set, and a terrible WS set
-How do you have carn AM, a Su5 for DT, and a TP bonus offhand?
-TP bonus offhand is TERRIBLE for Carn, since the only thing TP bonus gives for Mordant is increased chance of getting a gravity effect
-Linos is significantly better than Aurgelmir orb, and you don't lose TP every time you cast a song

I'm not aware of exactly what gear you have access to and what you don't, but the relic set is extremely awful for a TP set and very bad as a WS set (body aside). Some pieces of Ayanmo are better, augmented GF armor is probably better. Base Bunzi hands are better. DM augs would be really nice (if a campaign is up). Volte gear would be better in most slots for TP. Obviously Ashera, but also Agony Jerkin+1; even Ayanmo body.
By paladinepsot 2024-03-09 18:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-/NIN has more delay reduction than /DNC, without the need to haste samba constantly, wasting TP and adding extra delay
Dual wield also reduces TP per hit unlike haste. This evens out between the two, as neither will result in weapon skilling "faster" than the other. I'm hitting my 2nd skill 1.5-2.8 seconds into the window give or take depending on multi-hit RNG

Quote:
-How do you have carn AM, a Su5 for DT, and a TP bonus offhand?
Equip Carn primary, Barfawc sub for Mordant. Switch to Carn primary, Centovente when doing Rudra's spam. You are correct in that 3 daggers can not be equipped at the same time but why did you think that's what I was insinuating?

Quote:
-TP bonus offhand is TERRIBLE for Carn, since the only thing TP bonus gives for Mordant is increased chance of getting a gravity effect
agreed, which is why I don't use it for Mordant Rime.

Quote:
-Linos is significantly better than Aurgelmir orb, and you don't lose TP every time you cast a song
Do a little experiment here then come back and talk. Turn gearswap off, then go to saruta with a weapon and an instrument equipped and attack a level 1 mob to get TP. Open the equipment menu, do not remove the instrument, just equip an ammo item. What happened to your TP? now without removing the ammo item, equip an instrument. How's that TP?

As to Linos vs Aurgelmir, with aftermath the effects of multi-hit provide diminishing returns. I'd rather have the attack and STP which provide the same benefit regardless of aftermath.

Quote:
-This is a terrible TP set, and a terrible WS set
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man...

The purpose of the set is to maximize damage by ensuring the accuracy threshold is met, then cap attack, then put additional multi-hit or storeTP in to backfill. Ashera harness actually reduces my overall DPS compared to Bihu because of the loss of 47 attack between the two, regardless of the harness's storeTP bonus. I will, however, replace the body with Bunzi's when I get that for the Damage cap increase. Weaponskill set will eventually add in Nyame B for the other 4 slots but Bihu will still be on body for that.

My mordants, against level 133-135 Locus Colibri, are landing for an average of 38k and the Distortion hits for an additional ~30-40k.

Quote:
the relic set is extremely awful for a TP set and very bad as a WS set
Compared to those numbers what's your definition of good?
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43