Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 40 41 42
By SimonSes 2021-03-30 13:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Adding onto that...
Sword or dagger for dd bard?
Would savage blade produce better results than rudras/mordant?
Then in regards to Skillchaining, solo ws or solo chaining?

Rudra>Rudra will easily win with Savage spam if you solo dps for some reason. Same as Mordant>Mordant with Mythic. Mythic will generally always win if you cant use TP bonus offhand. Also Nyame path B rank 20 would be huge gain for both Savage and Rudra. Otherwise you would need DM Chironic pieces.
By Crossbones 2021-03-30 14:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I use naegling like 95% of the time in group play. Very rarely do I get better results with anything else. If I'm solo most of the time I use twash for rudras x2, especially if the enemy is weak to pierce.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-03-30 14:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra having 13 at 300
Savage having 13.75 at 300
Both greatly benifit from tp bonus dagger and assuming it's available in both situations.

Nag,tpbonusdagger
***/aeneas,tpbonusdagger

I am wondering is sword going to win out because of higher dmg weapon and the % attack buff?

Where as Rudras probably more party friendly from sc damage?
50dex am3 vs Tp bonus 1750?

Also planning question...
Is it easier to find str or dex gear for brd?

Does mordant "grow" with tp?

Just wondering how to bring the most to the table as /dnc with both great looking paths to choose I find myself working on both but still unsure which to prioritize.

Per the post above maybe I should just focus on the damage type of the monster for an answer.
By Nariont 2021-03-30 15:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does mordant "grow" with tp?
no, only thing that increases with TP is grav effect for MR

I should just focus on the damage type of the monster for an answer.

That and what makes the best SC at the time when applicable are usually going to be the things to go by as far as what's better.
By Crossbones 2021-03-30 15:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience, at least the content I do and how I do it, SC almost never happen, so I don't worry about that except specific situations (rudras>impulse>rudras does like 25% of master trial yag HP for example). You can try and check the parse for what percent of the damage SC ends up being, but usually it is almost nothing. The reason I like naegling is because the attack bonus is really nice and it hits the hardest. In the higher floors of sheol C the attack bonus helps me a lot to stay near or at pdif. I really hate everything about carn including maintaining AM3. Sometimes even if I am a bit under acc cap for tp bonus dagger I still use naegling anyways, it takes a very special scenario for me to use carn. But that's just me and everyone plays differently. If I happen to have fighters roll it makes it even harder to justify using carn.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-30 16:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two ways to look at it. Mordant has much better skillchain properties than savage, so in the event of spamming WS's the chances of you opening/closing with mordant are greater than that of savage.

If you are looking at pure WS numbers, savage is probably higher.
 Odin.Areyla
Server: Odin
user: areyla
By Odin.Areyla 2021-04-02 02:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For Mordant Rime, the DPS spreadsheet linked a few pages back sims pretty close for all else constant in my WS gearset.

Sailfi +1 (R15): 18789dmg
Fotia Belt : 18652dmg

I've read a few posts that say "don't use Fotia Belt!", and I'm not sure if this outdated or unfounded. Just curious before I spend money on scales.
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-04-16 12:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackflashh said: »
In a situation where naeg/tpbonus offhand is not viable, like w3 dyna for instance, would naeg/aeneas or naeg/ternion have better output? Aeneas still has tpbonus, and high skill, which translats to acc, but ternion has actual +acc and wsd%.
Aeonic TP Bonus dont trigger offhand sadly.
 Asura.Jackflashh
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-04-16 12:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Asura.Jackflashh said: »
In a situation where naeg/tpbonus offhand is not viable, like w3 dyna for instance, would naeg/aeneas or naeg/ternion have better output? Aeneas still has tpbonus, and high skill, which translats to acc, but ternion has actual +acc and wsd%.
Aeonic TP Bonus dont trigger offhand sadly.

Yep thanks lol. As soon as I typed question I saw it doesn't apply. Sad panda.
By Veydal1 2021-04-16 15:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Areyla said: »
For Mordant Rime, the DPS spreadsheet linked a few pages back sims pretty close for all else constant in my WS gearset.

I've read a few posts that say "don't use Fotia Belt!", and I'm not sure if this outdated or unfounded. Just curious before I spend money on scales.

Mordant Rime damage does not scale with TP unfortunately, so the Fotia belt won't add anything. Sailfi doesn't provide any boost to CHR, but does provide some much needed attack for BRD. I think most run augmented Kentarch +1 which includes some DEX for Mordant Rime's secondary mod.

Not sure if there's another option. I assume you're not seeing much out of Sailfi belt in your spreadsheet because you're already at attack cap? Depends on target and other buffs.
 Valefor.Vindus
Server: Valefor
user: Arc
By Valefor.Vindus 2021-04-16 16:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Veydal1 said: »

Mordant Rime damage does not scale with TP unfortunately, so the Fotia belt won't add anything. Sailfi doesn't provide any boost to CHR, but does provide some much needed attack for BRD. I think most run augmented Kentarch +1 which includes some DEX for Mordant Rime's secondary mod.

Not sure if there's another option. I assume you're not seeing much out of Sailfi belt in your spreadsheet because you're already at attack cap? Depends on target and other buffs.

Small correction - fotia belt will do something. It will raise the ftp of the first hit of mordant rime by 0.1 bringing it to 5.1. Not an impressive increase but not nothing. If you meant that it isn’t an ftp transferring ws then that is true.
By Veydal1 2021-04-17 00:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Vindus said: »
Veydal1 said: »

Small correction - fotia belt will do something. It will raise the ftp of the first hit of mordant rime by 0.1 bringing it to 5.1. Not an impressive increase but not nothing. If you meant that it isn’t an ftp transferring ws then that is true.

You're 100% correct. I don't know why but at the time I was thinking TP bonus and not ftp lol.

So yes, it's a difference of going from 5.0 ftp to 5.1 ftp vs extra STR / attack / DA / TA.
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-05-08 09:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been done to death, but is Naeg outperforming r15 carn for dd?
I'm assuming cento as sub if acc isn't an issue, then switch to ternion (for Naeg that is).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-08 10:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer is: Yes.
[+]
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-05-08 10:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks!
[+]
By Veydal1 2021-05-08 17:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Naegling is just that broken. Especially when you can make use of the TP bonus offhand. I have R15 Carn and I typically make use of it in Ambu and Wave 3 Dynamis. Most other situations either allow for TP bonus offhand, or maintaining AM3 isn't practical.

Kind of disappointing considering the effort that goes into R15 a weapon lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-08 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carn R15 can be situationally as good or even better than Naegling,
likewise with Twash R15 MH and Cento OH.
It depends on a few factors but it's a bit complicated.

The majority of times Naegling is gonna come ahead, especially in content like Odyssey Sheol A/B/C, which is why I said the simple answer is "yes".
By Veydal1 2021-05-08 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

100% agree.

Naegling is perfect for Odyssey segment farming due to slashing being so appealing, while piercing isn't so lucky. Also, the accuracy requirement is much lower, so using TP bonus offhand is viable without giving up much. Lastly, I personally find trying to maintain AM3 not even worth it for something like segment farming. Might be more viable if pulling multiple groups though (but would need to not resist piercing).
By Yzen 2021-05-09 19:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an example of MAX MAGIC ACCURACY set for Sheol C [for horde lullaby] that they can share - thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-14 10:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There any particular reason demersal degen +1 doesn't get listed as a viable offhand? Is a 43 delay and 5 wsd difference really enough to outweigh OAT on a job not particularly known for having much multiattack?
 Cerberus.Nolatari
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Nolatari 2021-05-14 11:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume its okay with nothing better, but BRD has the higher combat skill with a dagger and will get TA from ternion dagger +1. Besides ternion dagger the gleti's could be a good offhand also for BRD depending on what weaponskills you plan on using.
By Crossbones 2021-05-14 12:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use the degen because tp bonus is far more valuable than OAT. If I'm not able to have sufficient acc with cento offhand I just swap to carn mainhand and offhand ternion or something else.
By SimonSes 2021-05-14 12:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
on a job not particularly known for having much multiattack?

Idk about that.

ItemSet 379785

6%QA and 37%DA before weapons and without Chironic augment. Not massive, but I also havent tried to build super multi-attack set, more like just good tp set. If you single wielding (Gaol for example) then belt/earring will add even more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-14 12:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the significance of Ayanmo Legs in that set instead of R15 Zoar Subligar +1, high survival tp set?

The degen is actually a good option if you are interested in swapping out the MA gear for more STP focus, especially if you need acc. STP on Linos, Ashera, Ayanmo+2 head. Probably not a bad pair with Tauret MH for Evisceration spam. I have all the offhands available, and just try them out for different things.
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2021-05-14 13:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What is the significance of Ayanmo Legs in that set instead of R15 Zoar Subligar +1, high survival tp set?

Haste. Zoar could be done with a haste Linos in that set.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-14 14:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Skald said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Haste. Zoar could be done with a haste Linos in that set.

Oh good catch. Would hate to interfere with Linos, but Zoar is pretty good also. In that case, could use DW on cape, Sailfi+1, and a free earring slot as an alternative?

I do really like the overly defensive approach for a job like BRD. Especially for stuff like Odyssey (and this month ambu)
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-14 14:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have similar DA set for savage blade
ItemSet 379788
Dual Wield cape, switch to DA cape for single wield.
Nyame legs/feet
By Felgarr 2021-05-17 00:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone recommend a Savage Blade WS set for BRD I can work towards?

This is what I have currently:
Code xml
			<range augment="S46373051799577">Linos</range> <!-- STR/CHR+6 Atk+20 WSD+3 -->
			<head augment="M1382">Bihu Roundlet +3</head>
			<body augment="M1383">Bihu Jstcorps. +3</body>
			<hands augment="M1384">Bihu Cuffs +3</hands>
			<legs augment="M11529">Bihu Cannions +3</legs>
			<feet augment="M1385">Bihu Slippers +3</feet>
			<neck augment="O3728794451968208">Bard's Charm +2</neck>
			<waist>Sailifi Belt  +1</waist>
			<ear1>Regal Earring</ear1>
			<ear2>Ishvara Earring</ear2>
			<ring1>Rufescent Ring</ring1>
			<ring2>Epaminondas's Ring</ring2>
			<back augment="S81392184891910541542727">Intarabus's Cape</back> <!-- STR+30 WSD+10 Acc/Atk+20 DT-5 -->

If I'm SW'ing I would use Naegling/Ammurapi Shield, I guess. For DW, I would use Naegling+Centovente.

Thoughts?
By Felgarr 2021-05-17 00:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yzen said: »
Anyone have an example of MAX MAGIC ACCURACY set for Sheol C [for horde lullaby] that they can share - thanks in advance.
Code xml
			<head>Brioso Roundlet +3</head>
			<neck>Mnbw. Whistle +1</neck>
			<lear>Digni. Earring</lear>
			<rear>Regal Earring</rear>
			<body>Brioso Justau. +3</body>
			<hands>Brioso Cuffs +3</hands>
			<lring>Stikini Ring +1</lring>
			<rring>Stikini Ring +1</rring>
			<back augment="S79317716474374612583564">Intarabus's Cape</back> <!-- CHR+20 M.Acc/M.Dmg+20 M.Acc+10 PDT-10 FC+10 -->
			<waist>Luminary Sash</waist>
			<legs>Brioso Cannions +3</legs>
			<feet>Brioso Slippers +3</feet>

You could also use Acuity Belt+1 (R15) for +5 more M.Acc than what I have above. (For weapons, R15 Carnwenhan + Ammurapi shield is great. You could get more with DW in R15 Carn + Barfawc too, technically).
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 40 41 42