Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-28 15:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm mistaken, you actually need 12 DW in gear in order to fully hit delay cap with /nin and capped haste.

11 DW: (1 - (0.25 + 0.43375)) * (1 - (0.25 + 0.11)) = 0.2024
12 DW: (1 - (0.25 + 0.43375)) * (1 - (0.25 + 0.12)) = 0.1992375

Adding 1 more DW wastes about 24% of the last DW (while incurring the full tp gain penalty), which I assume is why people suggest 11, but I'm not convinced that's enough to not make it worth going for if 11 and 12 are both options (such as if you're using Reiki Yotai and choosing between Suppanomimi and Eabani).
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-08-28 15:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The magic haste cap is 43.75%, not 43.375%.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-28 15:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there's my mistake, haha.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-15 09:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the official BRD spreadsheet, can find it in the same place as usual.
Can see the details in the "Update" sheet but to make a tl;dr I basically fixed some minor things in the gear list and did a plethora of changes so that now you can select Sword as weapon type and Savage Blade as WS type.
Obviously the 15% WSD bonus is already calculated.

I'm not calculating the Naegling Attack on WS bonus because nobody knows the details of how it works, yet.

Keep in mind the PDIF values in the spreadsheet are still the old ones.
SimonSes has been kind enough to point this out, but I haven't fixed it yet.
This means the final numbers you'll see in the spreadsheet will be lower than the numbers you'll see in-game.
This also means that you won't be able to compare the numbers you get here with the numbers you get for another job in another spreadsheet.

Still, if you want to compare "which piece is gonna be better for the head slot in TP phase?" or "which piece is gonna win in the legs slot for this WS?" then this spreadsheet will already be able to give you a big helping hand in deciding what you want to put in your Lua sets.

As always, any feedback is welcome.
Enjoy!
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-15 11:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Still, if you want to compare "which piece is gonna be better for the head slot in TP phase?" or "which piece is gonna win in the legs slot for this WS?" then this spreadsheet will already be able to give you a big helping hand in deciding what you want to put in your Lua sets.

There will be a little problem with checking whats better for non attack capped scenario, since pdif is much lower, so you will cap much easier. Just something to keep in mind. Also crits have probably bigger impact, because they rise pdif by 1, and +1 is bigger impact for 2.25 than for 3.25, but luckily BRD doesn't use much crit.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-16 02:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you're absolutely right, granted we're talking about situations on the edge.
Instead in any situation where you're absolutely capped or waaay below the cap, the relative numbers should still be a pretty useful instrument for anyone willing to make up choices for their sets.

Either way, hopefully the PDIF will be updated soon.
Once PDIF and ODD/ODT calculations (currently Twashtar still uses the old ODD, should be ODT, whereas Barfawc A should use the old Empy ODD calculations) have been updated, only very small things will be left.
By SimonSes 2020-09-16 03:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: rofl I put phone in the pocket (im with kid on the playground) and it posted a blank post :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25