The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 149 150 151
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-12-07 19:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Yes, clearly. I mean, there's no other explanation for my having only leveled and geared that one job for years. I mean gosh, I jumped on the bandwagon way back when the game launched and SMN was only treated like a gimp WHM because I knew, one day, it would be the most OP job in your eyes. Yes, the years of not getting party invites, of being told to level a 'useful' job, of not even being able to have my Avatar out for a hot second before running out of MP.

Please, tell me how I'm a bandwagoner. About how I don't enjoy the job.

You got 7 99s and 9 75s, that's not 1 job leveled/geared all these years.

No one knew SMN was gonna get the best /ja for zergs but that doesnt make it the most op, outside AC its a very good and versatil job but it doesnt excel in dmg for example.

About the last sentence, being a bandwagoner or not doesnt have anything to do with liking the job, you can be a career summoner and not like the job/not know the basics of the job like for example the best gear for volt strike.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-07 19:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, clearly. I mean, there's no other explanation for my having only leveled and geared that one job for years. I mean gosh, I jumped on the bandwagon way back when the game launched and SMN was only treated like a gimp WHM because I knew, one day, it would be the most OP job in your eyes. Yes, the years of not getting party invites, of being told to level a 'useful' job, of not even being able to have my Avatar out for a hot second before running out of MP.

there's a difference between you, with a nirvana in 2014

and some guy who's played over 3 years of 99 without touching smn and wants to pretend he's not jumping on the bandwagon because he played it at 75

there's also nothing wrong with jumping on a bandwagon, the more people doing it the more likely it will finally get fixed
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-07 19:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

No one knew SMN was gonna get the best /ja for zergs but that doesnt make it the most op, outside AC its a very good and versatil job but it doesnt excel in dmg for example.

About the last sentence, being a bandwagoner or not doesnt have anything to do with liking the job, you can be a career summoner and not like the job/not know the basics of the job like for example the best gear for volt strike.

I have several jobs 99 and literally only SMN geared.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-12-08 06:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

and some guy who's played over 3 years of 99 without touching smn and wants to pretend he's not jumping on the bandwagon because he played it at 75

there's also nothing wrong with jumping on a bandwagon, the more people doing it the more likely it will finally get fixed

Dont think it will get fixed soon, its nowhere close of what the bstwagon was, i barely see summoners in ragna despite the ac cheese but on the bstwagon, it was 100+ daily on a 500 population server lol.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-08 07:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont think it will get fixed soon, its nowhere close of what the bstwagon was, i barely see summoners in ragna despite the ac cheese but on the bstwagon, it was 100+ daily on a 500 population server lol.

Come to asura, we have more nirvanas per square inch than all other servers combined. Ag nirvanas are so common i had to do hvergelmir just to stand out.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-08 10:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile back in the bstwagon days where people claimed all they saw were bst shouts blu and blm still generally had more people on each on my server
By Scintila 2017-12-09 13:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

BiS garland set?
By Tarage 2017-12-09 23:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because I have them leveled doesn't mean I have them geared idiot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Isolation
Server: Shiva
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2017-12-11 14:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking over many post. I know taking my nirvana to 119 is a must, but what is the benefit of afterglow? Or is it not needed?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-11 16:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
what exactly is supposed to be broke the fact that smn can kill a hard nm easier than other jobs? its no different than a blm death mb setup or traditional tp zergs if smn is broke then so is everything else because its perfectly balanced the way it is

Speed vs Safety. The most important rule in balance.

You can either succeed (high) at the cost of speed (slow). BLM burst is VERY slow, and safe. RNG is VERY slow, and extremely safe. (barring idiots, of course.)

Or you can Risk and Rush. And overfeed TP and maybe fail with a zerg.

SMN breaks this rule. It's the fastest, while being the safest. That cannot exist as an option, because it defeats the purpose of all other options, and therefor negates all other opions.

This is the worst case of safety:speed ratio we've ever had. (since Alexander nerf, which surprise was also SMN.)
By monkey33333333 2017-12-11 17:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

smn mythic dont need to be AG only if u want a glowy weapon and what to hit higher nms and ***like that but 119 and 119III are the same in the way of pet dmg
 Shiva.Isolation
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2017-12-11 17:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

monkey33333333 said: »
smn mythic dont need to be AG only if u want a glowy weapon and what to hit higher nms and ***like that but 119 and 119III are the same in the way of pet dmg
I thought so, thank you!
By Poovvipbovvip 2017-12-11 18:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow effect can apply to yours trust as well, that will be the bonus if you solo a lot
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-12-11 19:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow is what? 30 seconds of tiny attack bonus? I doubt you'll notice the difference.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-14 13:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Afterglow is what? 30 seconds of tiny attack bonus? I doubt you'll notice the difference.

3ish minutes.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-14 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »

3ish minutes.
I think you misread Frod
By Pantafernando 2017-12-15 20:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, for flaming crush set i have gridarvor, spiritus and can buy was. What would be better for that?
Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 22:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Grioavlr is Flaming crush with some mab then espitirus
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-12-20 01:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

https://pastebin.com/dKB9A3if

any idea why it's still doing precast set when conduit is up? There *should* be something in there to do it.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-20 12:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it always do it, or only sometimes?

pet_midaction() can sometimes return false when it's actually true, due to lag.

I avoid Mote includes like the plague so my understanding of how they work is vague, but I would wager if you remove that condition and just have it always skip swap when conduit is up, it should work more consistently.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-12-20 13:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

any idea why it's still doing precast set when conduit is up? There *should* be something in there to do it.

When i used GS and summoner, when the time came for AC something, i //gs disabled all with the equipment for that bloodpact and just rode the AC timer, 0 mistakes that way.
 Cerberus.Dougg
Server: Cerberus
user: Dougg
By Cerberus.Dougg 2017-12-20 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd start with changing line 428 into
Code
eventArgs.useMidcastGear = true

The comment says that's what you should use but then nowhere is it actually used in the code

Edit: I edited Bokura's gearswap, which is easier for me to work with and edit to suit my needs. Here is the copy I use, which already contains a solution I came up with
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-12-20 18:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
n it's actually true, due to lag.

I avoid Mote includes like the plague so my understanding of how they work is vague, but I would wager if you remove that condition and just have it always skip swap when conduit is up, it should work more consistently.

I think it's only sometimes. As my Flaming Crush damage varies from 9000 to 99,999 in a single fight. Is there a non-motes SMN lua that people use? I have no attachment to this one.

Cerberus.Dougg said: »

Code

The comment says that's what you should use but then nowhere is it actually used in the code

I'll try this. I'm on PLD in an event right now. Will post results in a few hours.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-20 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dougg said: »

Code

I actually have that line in the code with Mote's lua myself and there is still swapping issues with Conduit.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-21 10:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote mine from scratch more or less: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

It's very simple but works well for me. That said, I can't promise there won't be Conduit issues because I don't spam during Conduit. I try to manually time so there's only 1 macro press per BP, to help avoid JA lockouts.
By Poovvipbovvip 2017-12-24 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to share a video of a SMN player called Marutai, he also has a few SMN solo videos in his channel.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2017-12-27 05:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Eyeballing, how much would increase a flaming crush dmg changing from espiritus (with pet mab/macc) to a nirvana?

My current set is more than enough to beat D meeble with 4 but the same setup dont have enough gas to beat it on VD (dealing 60% before astral cond wears off) so wonderng if nirvana alone could make for that difference.

Thanks in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 149 150 151