The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 150 151 152
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-10 09:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Helios Boots: Pet: Attack+30

Psycloth Shoes: Pet: Attack+45

Hmmm..

More like:

For phys BP:
Helios Boots: Pet: Attack+30, BPDmg+7, Crit +4%

For Avatar TP:
Helios: Haste, Attack+30, Double Attack+8

No matter how you slice it, not better than helios.

I believe my original point was comparing the raw Avatar Attack potential on Helios boots to that of Psycloth boots Path C. BP damage isn't a factor unless you're BP'ing, which doesn't apply here.

How much more possible Attack does Crit+4 add?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-06-10 09:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycloth shoes could be situationally useful for the Acc+, but definitely not for the measly +15 attack.

Edit: But then what use would +15 attack give that would warrant dropping either BP damage +7% OR up to 5% haste?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-10 09:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note:

Has anyone experimented with Dark Magic Skill with regards to dark-based BP's?

EDIT: Nvm, that wouldn't have anything to do with BP's.

I'm looking at maximum damage potential for Night Terror since I use that for several Escha T3's.
By eliroo 2015-06-16 12:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question:

Which JP Category(s) should I focus on first?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-16 12:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Random question:

Which JP Category(s) should I focus on first?

I started with Avatar Accuracy, Magic Accuracy, Elemental Siphon, Conduit, Astral Flow then everything else.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-17 21:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Question regarding some of the gearsets on the front page (which is very helpful btw).

I notice pretty much everything has either Pet: MAB or Pet: ATT. Now, I don't know crap about SMN, gonna get that out of the way, but I'm trying to help a friend get geared up on SMN to do lowman stuff with me. For Lv135ish content I know that if I try to use MAB over MACC, or ATT over ACC, I won't hit a single thing, even with shiromochi +1 and rolls. Do SMN BP not suffer from similar issues?

I've read about Diabolos BP basically being unresistable, which is cool, but what about everything else? Is Pet: ACC ever a concern on higher end content? Torpor usually won't be available for the SMN because BST has Run Wild which means it's better to use Frailty, the only EVA down option SMN would have access to would be Languor if I wanted to use magic ready on whatever NM.

Thanks!
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2015-06-18 07:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Do SMN BP not suffer from similar issues?

I've read about Diabolos BP basically being unresistable, which is cool, but what about everything else? Is Pet: ACC ever a concern on higher end content? Torpor usually won't be available for the SMN because BST has Run Wild which means it's better to use Frailty, the only EVA down option SMN would have access to would be Languor if I wanted to use magic ready on whatever NM.

Thanks!

A lot of your questions can be answered quite simply actually. Basically, disregarding any super resistance gimmicks, your main dmg pact is Flaming Crush, this pact is quite peculiar in the sense that it is a 3 hit hybrid phys / magical pact. It contains two physical hits and one magical. The magic portion of the dmg depends on the physical hits dmg, then scaled with MAB... BUT it's accuracy is based off the physical part. That means there isn't a resistance check (since its acc is physical), you get the dmg if the hits land. Now, the reason why you don't see a lot of pet: acc gear on SMN is because Avatars have really good ACC from the get go at i119 (121 with Nirv). So basically, Flaming crush has high ACC, and can double dip from Frailty + Malaise, and doesn't need Torpor much.

The next part is that if there is a gimmick resistance, or that for some weird reason Ifrit's crushes arent good enough (More likely due to the physical part lacking atk to push pdif / the monster have too much def, etc... to push the magical part in good scaling). Then you swap to full magical BP. Usually a 5/5 merit BP will be stronger, but if you are on things stupidly hard enough to not get decent numbers on Flaming Crush, likely the MDB / INT on the monster are likely super huge as well. Thus, we switch to Night Terror which basically ignore MDB and cannot miss / be resisted.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-18 08:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Question regarding some of the gearsets on the front page (which is very helpful btw).

I notice pretty much everything has either Pet: MAB or Pet: ATT. Now, I don't know crap about SMN, gonna get that out of the way, but I'm trying to help a friend get geared up on SMN to do lowman stuff with me. For Lv135ish content I know that if I try to use MAB over MACC, or ATT over ACC, I won't hit a single thing, even with shiromochi +1 and rolls. Do SMN BP not suffer from similar issues?

Thanks!

You and I have talked quite a bit on BG so I know the kinds of NM's you're fighting.

That said, don't bother using Flaming Crush or any other physical BP on these T3's. It's just not worth the wasted effort. You may get a lucky hit in every once in a while but it will be for crap damage. Your best bet is to use magic-based BP's on these monsters.

Case in point. We did Urmhallulu last night and Flaming Crush wouldn't land. And that's with Nirvana, 550 Gifts and superior gear. Night Terror does unresisted damage but it wasn't until I switched to Titan's Geocrush did the big numbers start rolling in (on this particular NM anyway).

For your friend, have him take a look at the new guide here as a point of reference. But he should work on getting BP DMG+, Pet: Magic Attack and Crit Hit+4% on his Helios sets. Grape Daifuku+1 will boost the Avatars MAB damage. Magic accuracy should be one of the first Job Point categories he completes if he plans on doing a lot of Escha-Zitah with you.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-18 08:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Case in point. We did Urmhallulu last night and Flaming Crush wouldn't land. And that's with Nirvana, 550 Gifts and superior gear. Night Terror does unresisted damage but it wasn't until I switched to Titan's Geocrush did the big numbers start rolling in (on this particular NM anyway).

I don't have a lot of experience with the other T3 Escha NMs but I second the Geocrush part on Urmhallulu.
If you time it right and exploit its gimick you can get some ridiculous numbers on him.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-18 09:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for your responses!

Avalon is right that I'm basically taking my friend from non-ilvl gear straight into Escha T3 as quickly as possible, so that was the info I was really looking for. Interesting that Geocrush did so much damage, but I guess it makes sense from what we know about the others (monkey takes a lot of damage from water, etc).

This will let me switch things up a bit on my end for some fights, which will be nice. I've really wanted to try using Bubble Shower / Venom build on Monkey for a while, but other BST partner doesn't have anywhere near as good of a MACC set as I do, so I've just stayed with the physical setup.

Will just have to have him make a MAB set of helios sooner than I had planned. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-18 09:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for your responses!

Avalon is right that I'm basically taking my friend from non-ilvl gear straight into Escha T3 as quickly as possible, so that was the info I was really looking for. Interesting that Geocrush did so much damage, but I guess it makes sense from what we know about the others (monkey takes a lot of damage from water, etc).

This will let me switch things up a bit on my end for some fights, which will be nice. I've really wanted to try using Bubble Shower / Venom build on Monkey for a while, but other BST partner doesn't have anywhere near as good of a MACC set as I do, so I've just stayed with the physical setup.

Will just have to have him make a MAB set of helios sooner than I had planned. Thanks!

Up till now, I've been doing Fleetstalker with the Night Terror strat, but I'm curious to see how Leviathan does instead due to the weakness to water. I'll post the results later tonight.

[EDIT] Hmm... not to get off subject but in discussing exploiting elemental weaknesses, I started thinking about Pazuzu (since I need his freaking neck piece). I know he's dark-based and really resistant to magic damage, but someone on BG posted that his team defeated him throwing a bunch of SMN's at him.

I wonder if light damage would be decent on him. I mean, Holy Mist isn't the greatest, but it would be worth trying at least once.

Why can't we get Alexander's storyline TP moves?!
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2015-06-18 13:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Beautiful guide. I just reactivated a couple weeks ago and this was a major help!
[+]
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-06-25 01:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple new gloves for us from Unity, both drop off Asure-toothed Clawberry in The Temple of Uggalepih.

Asteria mitts +1
DEF:82 HP+18 MP+44 STR+6 DEX+28 VIT+24 AGI+5 INT+19 MND+33 CHR+20
Evasion+22 Magic Evasion+43 "Magic Def. Bonus" +3 Haste +3%
Carbuncle: Halves Perpetuation Cost
Lv.+1
Unity Ranking: "Refresh"+1~2
Lv.99 SMN

Lamassu mitts +1
DEF:82 HP+18 MP+44 STR+6 DEX+28 VIT+24 AGI+5 INT+19 MND+33 CHR+20
Evasion+22 Magic Evasion+43 "Magic Def. Bonus" +3 Haste +3%
Summoning magic skill +22
Cait Sith: Lv.+1
Unity Ranking: MP+10~50
Lv.99 SMN

NQ gloves don't get the lv boosts, and Carby mitts only gets +1 refresh. Not looking forward to farming 100 coats lol.

Edit: Forgot to add the SMN skill to Lamassu... Which if my late night math is right, brings us to 595 max SMN skill. So close...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-25 02:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Asteria Mitts SMN only?
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-06-25 02:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they're both SMN only.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-25 06:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

F yeah, finally a good replacement for Serpentes cuffs!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-06-25 07:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally joined team Nirvana :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-06-25 17:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Azure-toothed Clawberry : You can survive the triple Searing Light np with EA and Scherzo (no Shell). This NM is very squishy and can die before Astral Flow. Elementals seems immune / very to resistant to sleep but can be stunned (Shock Squall), they have a strange hate, sometimes. Dispel after Sigh TP move (eva boost).
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-06-25 18:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just saw this;
Quote:
The issue wherein the effects of the summoner job point category Blood Pact Damage were incorrect.

I know its still not 3%, since they removed BSTs 3% boost from spur. Hopefully its better than just straight +3 dmg though.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-06-26 08:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard reports of a (possibly unintended) magic BP nerf. True? Haven't had a chance to see myself, and I don't have anything i remember my exact old dmg numbers on anyway.

iirc, when asked about the BP dmg jp category, SE replied that they planned on adjusting the way some BP dmg was calculated. It wasn't in the notes per se, but could they have ninja'd it?
[+]
 Bahamut.Hopefully
Server: Bahamut
user: hopefulki
By Bahamut.Hopefully 2015-06-26 08:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
I've heard reports of a (possibly unintended) magic BP nerf. True? Haven't had a chance to see myself, and I don't have anything i remember my exact old dmg numbers on anyway.

iirc, when asked about the BP dmg jp category, SE replied that they planned on adjusting the way some BP dmg was calculated. It wasn't in the notes per se, but could they have ninja'd it?

It's intended, this was taken from the notes:

The issue wherein the effects of the summoner job point category Blood Pact Damage were incorrect.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-26 08:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

According to testing at least the measureable pacts (magical) have taken a 10% damage hit.
Wether this was intended we do not yet know.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-06-26 20:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Hopefully said: »
Odin.Shaggnix said: »

It's intended, this was taken from the notes:

My understanding is that bp jps were always calculated as +3 not +3%, but the in game text was wrong, and that note was about the text being fixed. Idk why they would ninja nerf it like that tho. Unless they thought diablos based strats would become a major game breaking thing
 Sylph.Gutsu
Server: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-06-29 00:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to post a strat for the new unity nm that drops the carby and cait sith mitts. Tried doing what papesse said and it went horribly wrong. First time i tried with just 1 pt of 6 people i had both earthern armor which i casted and bard from our ls cast scherzo. The first 2 times all three elementals did astral flow most of us took no damage. But shortly after people started to get ko'd. You either take almost no damage or you die instantly. Its good to cast earthern armor and sherzo but its not full proof you will have many people dying. So im going to list better strat and more info about the fight. He usually summons 2 elementals at the start followed by a third one shortly after. These elementals will all astral flow at the same time if left alone however if you kill them they will not use astral flow. The tonberry nm will resummon them but you have a decent amount of time to dd him down before he summons more. Usually around 20~25% of his health he will summon 3 carbuncles and they will do astral flow instead of the elementals doing it. Killed him many times and we never had any astral flows go off except for when he summons the three carbuncles. Only on one occasion did he not summon all three carbuncles but not sure why this was. So just bring couple of mages to nuke down the elementals and have the other dd focus on the NM. I would keep up earthern armor and help kill the elementals then deal damage to the NM when no elementals were up. Near the 20~25% mark you can have all but the tank back up away from the NM and wait for him to do his carby astral flow. While waiting for the carby astral flow to go off if he summons more elementals just have 1 person pick them off and take them to the group waiting in back for astral to go off. It is possible to sleep the elementals so you could try this also but i just went ahead and killed them.
[+]
By minikomby 2015-06-29 00:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys anyone can help me with rule for cait sith mitts please

mine is

sets.perp.Cait Sith = {
hands="Lamassu mitts +1"}

but i got an error saying something about syntax
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-29 00:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can have a space in a method.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-06-29 01:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the space indeed, I will edit my Cait Sith rules into this post once I get to my work PC.

[edit]
The cait Sith part goes under the following if you use Mote's:
Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if pet.isvalid then

For the gloves you can use the following:
Code
                if pet.name == 'Cait Sith' and pet.status == 'Engaged' then
                        idleSet = set_combine(sets.idle.Avatar.Melee, {hands="Lamassu mitts +1"})
                end
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 150 151 152