The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151
By SimonSes 2023-06-08 05:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Every job can get -4 perp via the level 30 SJ belt and evan's earring, but beyond that yeah its down to refresh if you arent on the 2 sets of alluvion gear/merlinic or kept some of those amazing oseem -perp augs

-perp and -BP timer ;)
By Pantafernando 2023-06-08 08:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we reach a point where we must ask sorry for oseem to give perp gear on a sword?

It wasnt trolling but foreseeing the future i guess...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-09 15:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I mentioned sch and brd as the only jobs I could think of where it might work out.

purely a support use of smn pet. cuz both can stand at range..
speaking of range I know it has a big range, but I don't see on wiki what that range actually is... I'll have to check and see.

the short of it is for a pure support brd its like having a 5th.. or maybe 6th song at 1/2 potency.

but its some categories that brd doesn't have. MAB, Double Attack, Subtle Blow II, etc
should have decent synergy.

Then again not sure if its worth losing brd as a dd. so ofcourse situational. but I'm actually happy that it seems viable. MOre options are fun.

unfortunately as said, pet jobs are poor support jobs for other pet jobs because thee is only 1 slot for a pet
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-09 17:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can stand at range with Ramuh out for RNG and COR AM3 spam.
By Nariont 2023-06-09 17:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiousity how long did hastega end up lasting? <2 min?
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-06-11 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's base duration which is 3 minutes. I couldn't get over 300 skill with the gear on me so I don't bother swapping gear for it.

It's technically long enough to last most boss fights on Sortie if you do it right before the pull, the problem is time. You're already very busy on SCH, and it's not ideal for the group to be standing around waiting for you to release Shiva, summon Garuda, do a Hastega, then release her and go back to Shiva. That's a precious 10 seconds or so wasted for something other people in the party could've been doing without holding up the group.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-20 17:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested how much mind siren has? or more specifically how strong wind's blessing can get?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-06-20 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Has anyone tested how much mind siren has? or more specifically how strong wind's blessing can get?

Papesse did initial testing, and also discovered if you have too much pet mnd+ it appears to stop working altogether. Not sure if this was ever fixed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-06-20 19:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently, the maximum amount of magic damage Wind's Blessing can absorb is 77 with lv 124 Siren (210 MND), ML50 and Pet MND gear (I'm not counting Opashoro III, Astral Flow JPs, vorseals, food).

Quote:
Papesse did initial testing, and also discovered if you have too much pet mnd+ it appears to stop working altogether. Not sure if this was ever fixed.
It has not been fixed, we can't go past 127 Pet MND (gear only)
[+]
By Draylo 2023-06-20 21:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad, time to spam the OF with bug reports. Or maybe its one of those really complicated spaghetti code things and they are scared to touch it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-08-13 17:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have these pieces that can do checkparam? some of these are on bg but no link to a test, or were acting weird like relic pieces.

relic hands, relic hands +1
af legs, af legs +1
af feet, af feet +1
relic feet, relic feet +1
ebon/furia/ebur feet
fenrir's crown

additionally, can all physical BPs crit? I actually can't remember
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-08-15 23:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Yes they can all crit, including hybrids like Flaming Crush.

This was pretty obvious in Abyssea where stacking Razed Ruins + Gnarled Horn atmas gave you near capped crit rate for a significant damage boost. (It also suggests native crit rate is pretty high on BPs because those atmas together only give +50%.)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-08-17 17:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fenrir crown is 5 accuracy if anyone cares

verified 7 on nq relic hands and feet and 10 acc on nq af legs. i don't have nq af feet, will have to re-quest those and upgrade legs/feet and farm -1s for the relic upgrades to see if any change in stats
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2023-08-25 21:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been out of the loop for a while, i see there's a new pet dmg ring from the Voracious Resurgence.
What's the thoughts on Fickblix's_Ring
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Fickblix's_Ring
By Tarage 2023-08-25 23:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I've been out of the loop for a while, i see there's a new pet dmg ring from the Voracious Resurgence.
What's the thoughts on Fickblix's_Ring
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Fickblix's_Ring

IIRC BIS.
[+]
By Pirates 2023-09-14 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does avatar lvl+ gear need to be used when casting the avatar or during abilities?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-14 16:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pirates said: »
Does avatar lvl+ gear need to be used when casting the avatar or during abilities?

It's only active while it's being worn

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-26 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear guide (not pinned but near the top) on FFXIAH has really good info. I don't think any of those sets are outdated, but haven't checked lately because I'm happy with where my SMN is at

Link to guide

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-26 12:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked the guide again and the only cricitism I'd have is the Empy feet should be +3 instead of +1, I think everything else is accurate.

Odyssey gear is almost entirely irrelevant, I'm not sure any of it is used (except the ammo) by SMN. Maybe in some melee/WS sets, but that's EXTREMELY niche for SMN, who almost never melee in most content. I'm sure some people do, but most don't.

I linked the guide above, if you follow that you'll get a good idea what gear to seek out. It lists augments you should go for, alternative sets while gearing, and lots of other good info.
By Hopalong 2023-09-26 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I always thought Smn was born to melee also, but accuracy/haste/stp/DT/pet same things; balancing isnt ideal. If avatar could tank no matter what it would be a different story.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-26 18:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Just checked the guide again and the only cricitism I'd have is the Empy feet should be +3 instead of +1, I think everything else is accurate.

Nyame path D has some interesting uses and best in slot bloodpact piece(s) but no sane person will do pet augments over the WSD augs.

the sachet from sgili is best if near fully augmented. there's a whole lot of nothing else in odyssey, Bunzi doesn't have anything that stands out as 'must have' for smn.

sortie and the +2/3 is a given.

Opashoro could be good, but lol points farming
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-26 19:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »

This was pretty obvious in Abyssea where stacking Razed Ruins + Gnarled Horn atmas gave you near capped crit rate for a significant damage boost. (It also suggests native crit rate is pretty high on BPs because those atmas together only give +50%.)

So is Relic body probably good even sans bp damage be ause of the 15 double and 20 crit?
By Nariont 2023-09-26 19:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

pet crits dont do a whole lot iirc
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-09-26 20:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
pet crits dont do a whole lot iirc

They changed it recently (well within the last 2 yrs) so that crits for pets raise pdif to 5 instead of 4.

So methinks they probably more useful now than in the past.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-27 03:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

So is Relic body probably good even sans bp damage be ause of the 15 double and 20 crit?

it has the second highest damage potential, the biggest weakness to the piece is a complete lack of pet attack or acc like other bodies.

BIS is nyame with capped D aug.
[+]
By Areaden 2023-09-27 07:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the page 1 gear the best in slot for SMN in late 2023? What other guides do you all use?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-27 08:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 1 of this thread, or page 1 of the thread I linked above? I'm pretty sure the gear in this thread is all very outdated, but the SMN gear guide is updated AFAIK.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-27 12:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

it has the second highest damage potential, the biggest weakness to the piece is a complete lack of pet attack or acc like other bodies.

BIS is nyame with capped D aug.

So it's definitely more attractive with the changes to pet crit and general pet accuracy from MLs and gear creep. Thank you very much for the info.
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151