The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 149 150 151
By Vaerix 2022-04-19 03:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
You have no issues to reach 80% with SC/MB? Because I'm not so sure if Magic Bursts are really worth the risk of getting Diabolos / Luopan killed by AoEs and loosing the 21 seconds recast on BPs / HQ Malaise.
When we did Ongo I was spamming Night Terror with a BST doing TP Drainkiss* and reached 75% several times w/o MB. I have never managed to reach 74% (Sforzo / Tulfaire phase) until we added a NIN though.
*Mewing Lullaby also works but rotating between 2 avatars sucks if you want to keep the lowest BP recast possible.

No, I've always hit 80% though one time it didn't quite get below 80% so the second phase started at 85% instead of 80. I have gotten it down to I think 77%? I think. The MB's made quite a difference and generally I only lose one or two BP timers to deaths.

The pld ws and the rng closes it. We did have issues with Diabolos dying at first so I just have him run in BP and then retreat. The bst drainkissing helps as well but doesn't prevent all tp attacks. BOG/EA malaise I am curious about. Even with Widended compass it can't get out of range of everything. So perhaps we could have the rng self sc and reduce tp feed? Or perhaps have the pld and rng use a SB set? I dunno.

When our group did 2 KI Ongo kills it was SMN/PLD/NIN/RDM/DRK/WHM. Leaving SCH/BRD/GEO/COR/BLM/RUN for second KI.

The Nin was self SC Blade: Hi > Blade: Hi, and bursting along with the RDM and Diabolos Night Terror. The extra bursts weren't spectacular, but 3k bursts from the RDM and NIN might not seem like alot but it all adds up over 15 minutes.

When we got the kill we got to sforzo and timed out shortly after for the second KI to start immediately at aura/1hr.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-04-19 06:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group did phase 1 as Smn Pld Geo Blu Bst Rng

Leaving Phase 2 as Blm Run Sch Cor Brd Rdm
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-04-19 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
The pld ws and the rng closes it. We did have issues with Diabolos dying at first so I just have him run in BP and then retreat. The bst drainkissing helps as well but doesn't prevent all tp attacks. BOG/EA malaise I am curious about. Even with Widended compass it can't get out of range of everything. So perhaps we could have the rng self sc and reduce tp feed? Or perhaps have the pld and rng use a SB set? I dunno.
I tried to turn away(on PLD) whenever I had TP to reduce TP feed, but it sometimes results in a missed SC, when it uses the TP move that like halves your TP.

I could look into Subtle Blow stuff, but being in range and the mob's target, I have certain defensive requirements I need to maintain.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-11 21:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I had Baayami+1 on my shopping list when I last played seriously, but now I have come back and cannot remember why. It looks good for:
* Body - Elemental Siphon (+2 MP over telchine!!!)
* All - BP Ward duration
* All - Avatar's Favor testing

Is there something I am missing? I can't imagine I was lining up to spend 100mil on another 20 seconds worth of Inferno Howl duration.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2022-05-12 07:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Prior to master levels, it was one of the pieces you could use to get 670 summoning skill for 21 second recast.

Maybe that was why you had it on your shopping list?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-12 07:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The feet get an extra refresh so it was nice, and I have them for the extra skill that was needed pre-master levels
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 08:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know if there's a potential tier to get 20 seconds recast? There should be.

All tiers are separated by 65 skill points, except the last one which requires 95 skill for some reason.
There could be another tier at +65 skill i.e. 735+, or maybe 765+, neither of which are currently reachable I'm afraid, and won't be even after ML50's +50 skill.
Unless some new gear comes out of course.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-05-12 08:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Do we know if there's a potential tier to get 20 seconds recast? There should be.

All tiers are separated by 65 skill points, except the last one which requires 95 skill for some reason.
There could be another tier at +65 skill i.e. 735+, or maybe 765+, neither of which are currently reachable I'm afraid, and won't be even after ML50's +50 skill.

There's a new favor tier at 735, and 736 "is" posssible.

But not worth it having to drop the Beckoner's Horn.

When we get the master level 40 increase in June we can do some testing then.

Edit. nevermind, with current gear even with master level 40 we'll be 7-8 short of the new tier while using the Beckoner's Horn +1.

738 will be possible at master level 50 with current gear (and beckoner's horn +1), but might not matter, we'll most likely have +2 or +3 Beckoner's horn by then, so may be able to reach it earlier depending on how much skill increase it gives.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2022-05-12 08:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an Udug from trove yesterday and have been trying to find sets to use it in for my SMN and am drawing a blank. I am trying to talk myself out of dropping since it seems worthless but was looking for feedback. Anyone use it for anything on SMN?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 08:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Beckoner's Horn is gonna be +3 soon (July?), but will likely still have less SMN skill than Bayaami +1.

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I got an Udug from trove yesterday and have been trying to find sets to use it in for my SMN and am drawing a blank. I am trying to talk myself out of dropping since it seems worthless but was looking for feedback. Anyone use it for anything on SMN?
Resist Sleep/DT10 for master? Engaged set for Master with decent amount of Acc and DT?
Ungh... but with Bunzi's Robe out there I'm not even sure it's worth it.

It's quite awesome (possibly BiS?) on PUP, for Automaton Nuking.
Not sure if it has any use in BST, for some Ready moves based on Macc/Mab maybe?
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-05-12 08:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to say a piece isn't of any use, because pretty much everything in game has a niche use at the least, but Udug for smn unfortunately does not.

Unless you got it before any of the other good smn body pieces.

Then I suppose you could use it till then.

There's better avatar MAB, magic acc bodies in the game, and things like nyame mail are better for dt sets and such.

As Sechs said above though, Udug is very good for PUP.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2022-05-12 08:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My PUP will forever stay at level 1. Wish I would've taken someone with me to sell it. Hindsight!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 08:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
As Sechs said above though, Udug is very good for PUP.
Very good for something that you very rarely do on PUP so it's kinda ironic... but if you're hot for automaton nuking on PUP I think that's still the best piece available in game, by far above any other option afaik.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-05-14 19:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to use it for PDT on smn but there are better options now.
 Valefor.Kriz
Server: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2022-05-14 19:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Udug is a nice lockstyle, worth it for that.

Yes, there's the Windy Campaign body too, but that requires doing a lot of medal ranks.

I may be biased as it's the body my favorite Mithra uses, https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mikhe_Aryohcha
By Nariont 2022-05-14 21:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is lowest on the priority order in usefulness sadly, BST gets most use out of it since their next best is valorous which has trash pet augs when it comes to magic, then pup which has similar but slightly better(helps INT has a good impact on nukes for them too compared to bst) then smn where you have other high end alternatives to choose from
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2022-05-16 19:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental spirit casting!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-17 20:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I idle in Udug, the DT and resist is nice

What's the consensus on Sroda Earring? replace Gelos on DA builds? would it beat Gelos on single hit physicals and that don't benefit from DA?
By Seun 2022-05-17 21:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
What's the consensus on Sroda Earring? replace Gelos on DA builds? would it beat Gelos on single hit physicals and that don't benefit from DA?

I'm still curious whether the DA applies to the master or the pet. It's not really clear from the description.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-17 21:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The DA is for the player
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-17 21:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know. would the pet damage +10 still beat out +5 BP damage from Gelos?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-18 00:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's quite awesome (possibly BiS?) on PUP, for Automaton Nuking.
Not sure if it has any use in BST, for some Ready moves based on Macc/Mab maybe?

Nariont said: »
SMN is lowest on the priority order in usefulness sadly, BST gets most use out of it since their next best is valorous which has trash pet augs when it comes to magic, then pup which has similar but slightly better(helps INT has a good impact on nukes for them too compared to bst) then smn where you have other high end alternatives to choose from

Agreed with the priority of BST > PUP > SMN.

For BST, it's BiS for any magical ready moves (MAB for damage, and more importantly the Macc helps effects land). That includes some fairly commonly used moves too: Corrosive Ooze, Purulent Ooze, TP Drainkiss, Fireball, Molting Plumage, etc.

For PUP, it's easily BiS for automaton nukes. I just don't think that's nearly as important for the job as BST's ready moves are for that job.

For SMN, it's... nice lockstyle gear. Used to be amazing idle DT- gear too, but post-Odyssey I think it has been replaced for that purpose. I'd rather idle in Bunzi for the same DT-10% and higher Meva and MDB (giving up resist sleep).

But, like... don't drop an Omen body! You'd kick yourself getting rid of something THAT rare that still has BiS applications for BST or PUP if you ever decide to play those jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-05-27 19:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Been away for awhile and I know while current sets are mostly the same, I'm seeing some pet oriented accessories and curious what upgrades to chase down. Outside of Nyame pet path, anyone mind posting their current bloodpact sets?
By Nariont 2022-05-28 03:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Like you said current sets are largely the same, both bunzi and nyame offer relatively little to smn outside of pet macc options as the dmg+% is too low to beat out the bpd, biggest gain smn has seen is through the all stats+ which primarily helps for sirens magic phalanx. Past that sroda earring was a small gain for phys BPs ands that's basically it.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2022-06-19 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

for odyssey the only real drop is the sachet... if you can go for full augment on it.

after that there's the 2 refresh staff, the pet stats+ and augs on old gear, largely all... meh?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Zubis 2022-08-10 02:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy+2 is pretty good for SMN - the Earring gives Lv.+1 for example.

Beckoner's Earring +2
Right ear: "Refresh"+1 Avatar: Lv.+1 "Blood Pact" damage +3

Beckoner's Horn +2
DEF:113 HP+51 MP+144 STR+19 DEX+20 VIT+21 AGI+20 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+30 Accuracy+51 Magic Accuracy+51 Evasion+76 Magic Evasion+120 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Summoning magic skill +18 "Avatar's Favor" effect +4 Haste+6% "Refresh"+3 Damage taken -9% Avatar: Accuracy+51 Ranged Accuracy+51 Magic Accuracy+51 Set: Augments "Blood Boon"

Beckoner's Doublet +2
DEF:143 HP+74 MP+161 STR+28 DEX+24 VIT+29 AGI+25 INT+39 MND+39 CHR+39 Acc.+54 Mag. Acc.+54 Eva.+84 Mag. Eva.+120 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Summoning magic skill +19 Avatar perpetuation cost -7 Haste+3% Damage taken -12% Avatar: Accuracy+54 Ranged Accuracy+54 Magic Accuracy+54 "Blood Pact" damage +12 Set: Augments "Blood Boon"

Beckoner's Bracers +2
DEF:102 HP+38 MP+104 STR+11 DEX+33 VIT+30 AGI+10 INT+29 MND+43 CHR+30 Acc.+52 Mag. Acc.+52 Eva.+62 Mag. Eva.+83 "M. Def. B."+6 Haste+3% "Mana Cede"+130 Depending on day or weather: Halves avatar perpetuation cost Avatar: Acc.+52 Rng. Acc.+52 Mag. Acc.+52 "Blood Pact" damage +8 Set: Augments "Blood Boon"

Beckoner's Spats +2
DEF:122 HP+61 MP+126 STR+29 VIT+18 AGI+22 INT+45 MND+33 CHR+30 Accuracy+53 Magic Accuracy+53 Evasion+73 Magic Evasion+147 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Summoning magic skill +25 Haste+5% "Blood Boon"+13 Damage taken -11% Avatar: Accuracy+53 Ranged Accuracy+53 Magic Accuracy+53 "TP Bonus"+650 Set: Augments "Blood Boon"

Beckoner's Pigaches +2
DEF:81 HP+29 MP+107 STR+16 DEX+16 VIT+17 AGI+35 INT+29 MND+29 CHR+45 Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50 Evasion+95 Magic Evasion+158 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Haste+3% "Elemental Siphon"+70 Avatar perpetuation cost -8 Avatar: Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50 "Blood Pact" damage +8 Set: Augments "Blood Boon"
[+]
By Cloudius777 2022-08-10 02:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking forward to the head for so long. also the -DT for head and body is gonna be great for things like DynaD and surviving those NIN 1hrs
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-10 02:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Empy+2 is pretty good for SMN
Definitely happy that SMN finally got some good upgrades with the Empy +2 set since Odyssey was kinda lackluster for the job. With Bunzi and Nyame Path D not really having any majorly good stats for avatars that was any better than gear like Apogee +1, Merlinic gloves, Artifiact/Relic +3 etc. I really hope the Empy +3 makes the cut into SMN BiS gear in the future.

I would definitely say the Empy Horn +2 is top priority for the 5 main armors. The Favor +4 is a huge deal and not to mention the Refresh +3 and 9% damage taken. I'm assuming this will add another tier for avatar favor and maybe the long awaited 20 second blood pact timer?

The Empy Body +2 would prolly be 2nd highest priority. As it may not outdo the Artifact +3 body yet, the Empy Body +3 most likely will based on the +2's stats. So getting the +2 upgrade done while waiting for SE to add the Empy +3 upgrades later is a good idea.

Empy Hands +2 are good but I don't think they would beat a properly augmented merlinic hands. Same with Empy +2 feet are good but don't really think they would outdo the Artifact +3 or Apogee +1 feet.

Empy +2 legs are pretty good as well but definitely do not come close to Apogee +1 legs. Maybe comparable to Enticer's legs for magical blood pacts if you don't happen to already have them? Guess we'll have to see the Empy +3 legs to compare that.

The earring is great though especially the +2 version. Gelos earring is definitely dead with this one being added.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-10 03:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna say Most likely the Empy +2/3 Horn will be what gets us the 20 second blood pact recast timer. Especially now with seeing the Empy +2 stats having the increase from +3 to +4 avatar favor. The Empy +3 horn might have +5 avatar favor.
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 149 150 151