The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 149 150 151
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-04-20 19:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What's an excellent Garland of Bliss set look like these days? Assuming the front page is dated?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2019-04-20 22:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like this. Maybe a tweak or two to be made?
ItemSet 358186
By Tarage 2019-04-21 02:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a stupid question and I'm really not sure where else to put it.

Let's say you have a rare/ex item with a specific name but it's at level 99. Now let's say there's another version of this item at a different level but with the same name.

Can you have both? Or does the game only count the name when determining if you can hold more than one?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By chonls 2019-04-21 05:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't dual wield nirvana, dont try make two

You can't have more than one item with "rare" icon

same name = same item, level doesnt matter
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-21 05:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I have a stupid question and I'm really not sure where else to put it.

Let's say you have a rare/ex item with a specific name but it's at level 99. Now let's say there's another version of this item at a different level but with the same name.

Can you have both? Or does the game only count the name when determining if you can hold more than one?

well, the R1-R15 Death Penalty definitely is not the same item number as a Death Penalty with the ammo counter on it. So pretty sure you could own 2 of those if you had gil to burn. Not that it would matter, cant equip 2.
By NokoFace 2019-04-21 06:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm both a new player and new SMN. I see in the gear lists, it's using augmented reive capes and not augmented ambuscade capes? Why is that? Just easier to get?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2019-04-22 01:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly I was just hoping to make an un-after-glowing Nirvana for my lockstyle because the glow annoys me sometimes.
By SimonSes 2019-04-22 01:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

120M+ gils to switch off afterglow on one weapon. Lol
By Tarage 2019-04-22 02:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll wait for Eiryl to reply that money is stupid easy to make and meaningless.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-22 02:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It is but lockstyle a claustram like a man. Nirvana is boring.

Or use that other staff that has the same dat as nirvana but colored better, whatever its called.
By Tarage 2019-04-22 03:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Or use that other staff that has the same dat as nirvana but colored better, whatever its called.

My Claustram is afterglowed as well. Also I have Mindmelter. Not a fan.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-22 08:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

My Claustram is afterglowed as well. Also I have Mindmelter. Not a fan.

Piss aura claustrum is terribad.
Blood aura hvergelmir is where it's at.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 08:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If only you got the stinky aura ergon on SMN
 Asura.Zhain
user: zhain
By Asura.Zhain 2019-04-22 10:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some Reisenjima HELMS over the weekend and noticed that many of the SMNs I was grouped with had AG Nirvana. One of them swore it was a boost to damage and not just for looks. I had always heard that the AG did nothing for damage. Which is true?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

AG does nothing for the person holding the weapon, it boosts the other people in the group.

However, if 2 AGs are in the same party, they get the boost the other gives. Meaning a relic afterglow would receive the boost from the mythic afterglow and the mythic would receive the boost of the relic. Everyone else would get both afterglow boosts.

I don't think they stack though, meaning 2 mythics don't give double boost to others. I could be very wrong though.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 11:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
AG does nothing for the person holding the weapon

Wow the light blue tint significantly boosts my ego.

Side note, AFAIK AG Nirvana does nothing for most situations you play SMN in. It fantastic if you do a lot of Solo Work on SMN though and find yourself meleeing a lot. Also if you throw some Astrals in it you can get some more Avatar Accuracy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 11:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You get AG as you build your Nirvana anyway. No matter if you took the route to get it earlier or later, you still get it at the end.

Note: I said at the end. After you get it to it's current end stage. R15 and all that fun stuff.
By soralin 2019-04-22 11:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zhain said: »
I did some Reisenjima HELMS over the weekend and noticed that many of the SMNs I was grouped with had AG Nirvana. One of them swore it was a boost to damage and not just for looks. I had always heard that the AG did nothing for damage. Which is true?

You need to AG a weapon to 119 III tier before you can Oboro augment them.

R15 Nirvana gives another +30 acc/macc to your avatar.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-22 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

because I like to see "Blood Pact Damage +40" instead of "Increases Blood Pact Damage" duhhhhh

but really its just cause im kind of a completionist. and blue is my favorite color.
By Autocast 2019-04-23 02:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any tips I can use to troubleshoot my Flaming crush damage in any given situation? Like in situations I'm getting 99ks but also 50ks and even 29ks~, I assume 99ks mean its not an attack issue, 50ks are resists? 29ks missed hits?

Those are just example numbers, but not sure how to go about a situation where I'm having trouble capping dmg, or consistently capping damage, and not knowing if its Magic Acc or physical Acc that is the problem.
By Wotasu 2019-04-23 02:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Are there any tips I can use to troubleshoot my Flaming crush damage in any given situation? Like in situations I'm getting 99ks but also 50ks and even 29ks~, I assume 99ks mean its not an attack issue, 50ks are resists? 29ks missed hits?

Those are just example numbers, but not sure how to go about a situation where I'm having trouble capping dmg, or consistently capping damage, and not knowing if its Magic Acc or physical Acc that is the problem.

What monster? If it's this months ambuscade it needs high macc, possible buffs are Marine Stewpot, Puppet Roll, Debuffs Frailty+Malaise, Entrust-Langour, Ignis Rayke.
By Autocast 2019-04-23 03:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Questsion was more for general purpose than a specific mob. Though it was inspired by this months ambu, the fact that a 2-3 run rayke would have all crush's doing 99k and 1 run/no rayke would see damage variance let me figure out that one.

Just meant like is there a general damage number I'll be seeing that will let me know if its missed physical hits or simply resisted damage, assuming BIS/nearly BIS gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-23 03:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble are monk. 29k 50k etc are Guards.

Monk mobs you want to never attack from the front.

make your tank run past the mob and turn its back to you and try to never have all the avatars in the same spot sense when they pull hate they will all get reduced damage from guards.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-23 17:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all pure anecdotal information based on experience, but:

Physical accuracy gives the wildest swings in damage, so that's the most obvious. The gaps in your damage ranges should be more or less equally spaced apart, and you'll probably see a lot that are under 20k.

If it's in the ranges of 15-28k / 45-60k / 99k then it's likely a magic accuracy problem. The gap between the first two ranges will be half as big as the gap between the second two ranges. If magic accuracy is super low (or if they also have MDB/MDT/SDT), you may see splits like 12k / 18k / 28k. This can often look like accuracy issues if the problem is really bad, because the gaps aren't big enough for it to be obvious if it's phys acc or magic acc. A good example is on fire-resistant mobs, you'll see numbers like this. Urmahlullu for example, has very high fire magic evasion but it's still possible to hit 99k on him.

If it's in the ranges of like 35k / 45k / 55k then it's likely a physical attack problem. Narrow gaps, and low top-end damage, but still consistent damage. The tough part is, this could also be due to MDB/MDT/SDT if the enemy takes reduced magic damage in general. I get this a lot on AAGK in Escha Ru'Aun for example, pretty much never cap damage on him.

Then there's some mobs it just sucks against, like the fire mantises in Escha. I don't think I've ever seen Flaming do more than 30k to them. I don't think that's a magic accuracy issue, I think it's fire SDT (species damage taken). Damage is consistent, just low, so I don't think it's accuracy. Adding/removing attack doesn't seem to have a big impact on damage so I don't think it's due to them having crazy high defense (plus melee jobs do fine on them). So it has to either be lacking magic accuracy, or just straight SDT making it impossible to do good damage.

None of those are hard & fast rules. That's part of the problem with Flaming Crush, its damage range is so wide to begin with, that it's hard to know what's due to random variation and what's due to actual stat deficiencies.
By Autocast 2019-05-09 17:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

how many BPs should I expect to be getting from a conduit? not total over the zerg counting any apogee bps but from conduit alone.

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2019-05-09 18:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't asking how many should I do, I was asking how many should I expect to get, so I know if I had a good conduit or not and didn't waste any/many BPS due to slow input or lockouts.
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 149 150 151