The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-03-12 10:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem I see with that body is, if something is weak enough that I won't feel the loss of 45 acc on Volt Strike, odds are it's weak enough that I'll be using Flaming Crush anyway.

Still, it's worth playing around with. Might be good for certain things, like high-tier battlefields maybe? Or possibly even Dyna[D] megabosses if accuracy isn't an issue.

Edit: Or maybe low-manning fire-resistant stuff like Angrboda with no GEO? Attack probably isn't capped then, and you might benefit from the crit rate too. I might have to make a low-acc set for SMN now...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-03-12 18:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@Pergatory Im having trouble justifying the ACC loss myself.

The ACC is also greater than 45, if you are equipping more than 1 piece of AF gear. (ie: pairing with Convoker's hand, gives an addition set bonus of 15 acc) is closer to 60 acc loss.

I'm thinking with proper support, Convo. Bracers +3 & Gylphic Doublt +3 might be fine.
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-03-19 18:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been reading the last 50-60 pages of this guide and find conflicting information on pants for Physical BP that transfer fTP between hits, Enticer's vs Apogee+1 Path D.

My understanding is crit rate is not so useful as Avatars have a very high innate crit rate so this is basically:

ACC 15 TP Bonus 650 vs BP9 STR20 DA1

For Volt Strike this is just more crit so it seems to me Apogee +1 is the clear winner, would this be correct?

Also while on the subject of Apogee Slacks +1, would Path A also be the winner for Magical Path, I assume 35 MAB beats 6 BP, how close would this be in sets similar to ones posted on the last few pages?
By Tarage 2018-03-21 17:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything been determined regarding the AF2 body? I was under the impression that everything else is a downgrade compared to BIS, but I am not sure about that body.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-03-22 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that avatars have high crit rates, its more that in non level correction zones we seem to get no additional damage at all on a crit hit.
By Tarage 2018-04-04 00:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So now we've got a bunch of choices for the SMN cape. Any thoughts on that final slot?
By monkey33333333 2018-04-04 00:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

pet DT all the way
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-04-04 02:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the OP sets like for idle and perpetuation cost sets still still relevant, or have they been outclassed by new gear?
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-04-07 18:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Went with Pet DT -5% for my main idle and attk/acc cape. That cape also has pet regen +10

I'll have to make a brand new cape with the same stats, but with +5 regen instead of pet dt -5% next month for min maxing.

I usually get companions for end-gem stuff so I figure regen is less important and pure -dt.

I considered magical damage taken over dt, but I'll hold off on that cape in the future. inventory is still an issue.
By Pantafernando 2018-04-07 18:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Are the OP sets like for idle and perpetuation cost sets still still relevant, or have they been outclassed by new gear?

The updates of those sets seems to have stopped around vagary age, so its not considering SR, escha, reisenjima, ambuscade, omen and dynamis div pieces.

Personally i made my perp and idle pieces using mostly DM campaign to get refresh+2 on merlinic (its not terrible impossible, prob can get one or 2 per campaign.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-04-12 10:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
to beat a espiritus you need over...
5 bpd and 30 mab
6 bpd and 27.5 mab
7 bpd and 25 mab
8 bpd and 22.5 mab
9 bpd and 20 mab
10 bpd and 17.5 mab

aug on grio.

Is this (still) accurate? I am at the point with SMN where I am optimizing all my pieces and got a Grio augment of BP Damage + 10, Pet: Mag Atk Bns + 23, Pet: Int +4 last night and think I am happy enough with that to stop there.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-12 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was never accurate, it's a rough estimation based on the amounts of BPD and MAB that a decent SMN has. It's pretty close though.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-04-23 17:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone here use Selindril's lua's and able to get "pactspam" mode working? It doesnt seem to work for me.

If not, is there a go-to lua most smn's use that someone could share with me?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-04-23 19:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i have yet to find a lua that isn't shitting the bed when it comes to BPing in high lag or cleave situations.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-04-24 00:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

could try this under buff change.
and make a AC set.

also with this somewhere
if (spell.type=="BloodPactWard" or spell.type=="BloodPactRage") and not buffactive["Astral Conduit"] then
equip(sets.midcast.BP)

function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if not spell.interrupted then
if spell.english == 'Astral Conduit' then
enable('back')
enable('feet')
enable('head')
enable('body')
enable('waist')
enable('neck')
enable('main')
enable('sub')
enable('ammo')
enable('left_ear')
enable('right_ear')
enable('left_ring')
enable('right_ring')
equip(sets.Astral_Conduit)
disable('back')
disable('feet')
disable('body')
disable('head')
disable('body')
disable('waist')
disable('neck')
disable('main')
disable('sub')
disable('ammo')
disable('left_ear')
disable('right_ear')
disable('left_ring')
disable('right_ring')
end
end
end

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-04-30 22:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dagget said: »
Does anyone here use Selindril's lua's and able to get "pactspam" mode working? It doesnt seem to work for me.

If not, is there a go-to lua most smn's use that someone could share with me?

@Dagget if you still haven't managed to get it to work feel free to hit me up on discord, https://discord.gg/ug6xtvQ

Is where I help people with anything related to my GS or whatnot.

@Chaostaru Mine does something similar with checks for whether you're using a different pact to allow that swap in, or if your pet dies etc, and relocks when you pact next.

Pact-Spam is auto spam but it's admittedly not as fast as a human, I do mine manually, but I added that feature on request and some people do like it.
By Snoctopus 2018-05-11 16:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone!

I was looking at the BG Summoner guide and this one, and I'm in a weird spot where I'm not sure how to gear moving forward. A lot of the items in the BG guide I'm not sure if they're attainable for my character yet. Are the items on the front page of this thread a good starting point to start being helpful in parties?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-05-19 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i have yet to find a lua that isn't shitting the bed when it comes to BPing in high lag or cleave situations.
I've actually been working on something to address this. It's been difficult because the problem doesn't affect me, but a LS mate who does have the problem has been helping me test some changes and he says they help.

His problem was that his BPs sometimes wouldn't land in the right gear, for example a ward would only be 5 minutes instead of 9, particularly in Omen/Dynamis. So I added a toggle to my Lua called LagMode that shifts the swapping of BP gear into the job ability's aftercast instead of pet_midcast. Theoretically those two packets should come in around the same time, but since he reports that it's working, I'm guessing the aftercast packet does come noticeably sooner in high-lag situations.

Anyway, I've posted the update to my Lua on Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

You can either turn LagMode to "true" in the Lua to enable it by default, or use "/console gs c LagMode" in-game.

For those not using my Lua, if you have this problem and are comfortable modifying Lua, I recommend trying a similar approach.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-19 16:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only 100% (??) way I found to avoid the "BP sometimes fire off in wrong gear" is to use the in-game Gearsets system.

Like, use the Lua to handle precast, midcast and aftercast for magic.
Use the in-game system to handle BPs.
That's it :x
 Valefor.Pixxie
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-05-22 15:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a more updated Avatar perpetuation set, than the one on the first page?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-05-22 17:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No one keeps sets up to date, best way is probably checking active players' Lua when you want up-to-date sets.

Here's my current one:
ItemSet 333865
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-05-22 19:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
No one keeps sets up to date, best way is probably checking active players' Lua when you want up-to-date sets.

Here's my current one:
ItemSet 333865

Swap that asteria for DM aug'd merlinic you scrub!

And get +1 soa ring!
 Valefor.Pixxie
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-05-23 02:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »

Here's my current one:
ItemSet 333865
Oh hey Mr. Pergatory. I always mean to ask you questions in game when I see you, but always forget my questions in the moment.

Thanks for that. I'm kinda looking for a cheaper set? >.> noob + broke = fail.

Missing Mr. Cbbs, he always takes me and my sis NM hunting.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-05-23 12:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Oh hey Mr. Pergatory. I always mean to ask you questions in game when I see you, but always forget my questions in the moment.

Thanks for that. I'm kinda looking for a cheaper set? >.> noob + broke = fail.

Missing Mr. Cbbs, he always takes me and my sis NM hunting.
Yeah Cbbs has been on break for a while, but I'm usually bored so hit me up sometime!

For a cheaper version of the set, I'd just do NQ boots/body. If you don't have Moonshade or Stikini+1 then pretty much anything there will work. For earring alternatives, I recommend a Pet:DT/Pet:PDT earring. Easier to work with if I know what you've got already, maybe send me a tell in-game and I can recommend some easy improvements.

And get +1 soa ring!
I used to have that but after getting Stikini+1 I found myself almost never using it anymore so I changed to Vocane+1 for my RUN. :( I do kinda miss it... as for Merlinic hands I've been thinking about it lately. One of these days, Yoran isn't going to be #1...
By Tarage 2018-05-31 22:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've stocked up way too many fern and pellucid stones and I need to use them. The following are the three things I'd be potentially looking to upgrade.

Grioavolr: BPD +9, Pet: Int +9, Macc +18, MAB +20
Merlinic Hands: BPD +9, Pet: Str +7, Atk +28
Merlinic Hands: BPD +7, Pet: Dex +7, Macc +24, MAB +38

I'm unsure which to work on first and don't want to do one when I could get an easy upgrade on another. Any thoughts?
By Pankas 2018-06-01 03:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I've stocked up way too many fern and pellucid stones and I need to use them. The following are the three things I'd be potentially looking to upgrade.

Grioavolr: BPD +9, Pet: Int +9, Macc +18, MAB +20
Merlinic Hands: BPD +9, Pet: Str +7, Atk +28
Merlinic Hands: BPD +7, Pet: Dex +7, Macc +24, MAB +38

I'm unsure which to work on first and don't want to do one when I could get an easy upgrade on another. Any thoughts?
Neither really needs any work, and i think you realise it yourself.You could always sell your stones and get something you need.
If you have everything and just want to spin a wheel, i would start with lowest BPD piece, staff next and physical merlinic hands last.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-01 05:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I accidentally messed up my merlinic dastanas and haven't been able to get decent physical ones since. I recommend getting a fresh pair if you really want to try for better augments.

those look pretty good. Its hard to get good bpd and attack or mab at same time.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 149 150 151