Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-16 16:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Can't wait!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-16 16:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They only showed the flamesaber for a split second QQ there won't be any drama this time (other than the lolblackstormtrooper).
By volkom 2015-04-16 16:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

who's the silver storm trooper guy with the cape? boba fett?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-04-16 16:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
They only showed the flamesaber for a split second QQ there won't be any drama this time (other than the lolblackstormtrooper).
Could be someone wearing a storm trooper outift as a disguise?
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-16 19:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The lolblackstormtrooper sure is getting a lot of trailer time. Even a scene not dressed as a lolblackstormtrooper! I hope this movie will focus more on the original cast and their offspring and not an lolblackstormtrooper. Star Wars does not need any space racism ffs.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-04-16 20:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*** yes !!!
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-04-16 20:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Probably just a high-ranking/elite trooper. Now that they aren't using clones anymore there's a bit more room for that. Also pretty sure Boba is dead.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-04-16 20:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

EpicFantasy said:
The lolblackstormtrooper sure is getting a lot of trailer time.

Yeah, the 7 seconds John Boyega was on screen in the ~1:50 minute trailer was pretty overwhelming.

Anyway, I'll just quote Oscar Isaac:
The Telegraph said:
Oscar Isaac, one of Boyega's The Force Awakens co-stars, has made his feelings about the negative reaction clear.

"What's great about it is, it's like, 'Are you a racist? Here's a perfect way of revealing that to everyone!'" Isaac told IGN News.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-16 21:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
EpicFantasy said:
The lolblackstormtrooper sure is getting a lot of trailer time.

Yeah, the 7 seconds John Boyega was on screen in the ~1:50 minute trailer was pretty overwhelming.

It actually was. This next Star Wars trilogy has so much going for it. Why exactly does it need to have racial overtones in the trailers to create a buzz.

People right away play the racist card when they see someone concerned about the direction of the movie.

Do we really need Star Wars to play out the whole race debate for us?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-16 21:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Newsflash: Black people other than Lando Calrissian exist in the Star Wars universe! People everywhere panic. Society crumbles before the horrifying black menace. There is nothing left. Only the black stormtrooper. His dominion is complete.

Yeah, nah, *** off.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-04-16 22:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought storm troopers were all clones of Jango Fett?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-16 22:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like they could live forever, after a while they had to recruit normal people
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-16 22:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They show him in non storm trooper apparel running away from an explosion and being helped up by.. I will guess one of the main casts children. Just what Star Wars needs interracial goodness.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-16 22:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow you got a crashed X Wing and Stardestroyer on Tatooine in the opening moments, and a reveal that the story possibly centers around Han and Leias kids and all we get is some sock account commenting on how we can't have Moses from Attack the Block in Star Wars.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-16 23:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a sock, it's my main QQ.

Anyway, I don't care how good Star Trek is, or what they show in it. All I care about is the bitching about the new sword, and since this one didn't highlight it, we have to go for the second biggest complaint. The blacktrooper (not racist).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-16 23:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Wow you got a crashed X Wing and Stardestroyer on Tatooine in the opening moments, and a reveal that the story possibly centers around Han and Leias kids and all we get is some sock account commenting on how we can't have Moses from Attack the Block in Star Wars.

Never not one time did I say he can't be in it. I have said that I can understand why people do not need/want racial overtones in Star Wars. Sam Jackson and Lando both played awesome characters, they also didn't throw their skin color into the movie like this guy is just tossed in to create controversy.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-04-16 23:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A post of mine was deleted from this thread by a mod.

It was this:

albeit uncensored.

Being racist is fine as long as you don't swear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-16 23:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no damned racism. Quit being a ***.

We've all had our lolpics removed due to swearing. It's just how this site works.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-16 23:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

EpicFantasy said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Never not one time did I say he can't be in it. I have said that I can understand why people do not need/want racial overtones in Star Wars. Sam Jackson and Lando both played awesome characters, they also didn't throw their skin color into the movie like this guy is just tossed in to create controversy.

What is controversial about it? If you paid attention to previews it should be obvious by now he is going to be a Jedi. If you were cool with Sam Jackson being a Jedi then why even bother perpetuating this concept that it is controversial?
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-04-16 23:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's to say the kid isn't Lando Calrissian's son? Or Mace Windu's grandson?

Or God forbid he's just a new, original black character?
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-16 23:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Got no problems with any of the above as long as the movie isn't focused on this "new guy" you are the ones who are so defensive about his race.

Simply pointing out the trailer time this "new guy" has gotten compared to the rest of the movie. If you actually read my above posts unbiasedly you would understand better what the hell is going on.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-17 00:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This "new guy", (character is named "Finn" by the way), is John Boyega. Boyega played "Moses" in a movie titled "Attack the Block" which in some parts of the world has attained a cult status. It was also in my opinion one of the better unknown movies of 2011-2012. He's a pretty good actor, so for me, him getting screen time is good marketing.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-17 00:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Simply pointing out the trailer time this "new guy" has gotten compared to the rest of the movie.

It's purpose is to cause a controversy which has everyone talking about the product. The whole purpose of focusing on that one individual is to get people interested in discussing the movie, which in turn generates fame and free publicity via web boards and blogs.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-17 00:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
Simply pointing out the trailer time this "new guy" has gotten compared to the rest of the movie.

It's purpose is to cause a controversy which has everyone talking about the product. The whole purpose of focusing on that one individual is to get people interested in discussing the movie, which in turn generates fame and free publicity via web boards and blogs.

Yes, I know this. Trying to point it out always gets me called racist by people that fail to see what you have said so eloquently. I just hope that the purposely caused controversy doesn't ruin the movie.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-17 00:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Stormtroopers are part of the first order.
The girl is named "Rey". Boyega's character is named "Finn".
The wielder of the hilted saber is "Kylo Ren".

They really are starting to reveal a lot in concept art exhibits.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-17 00:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When Saevel agrees with you, you really need to reevaluate your stance.

I really don't understand how there's a controversy here. Black people exist. They've been around for a little while, now.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-17 00:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yes, I know this. Trying to point it out always gets me called racist by people that fail to see what you have said so eloquently. I just hope that the purposely cause controversy doesn't ruin the movie.

Honestly as long as everything is organic to the story and plot then it's all gravy. I absolutely hate when production studios come in and do the whole "token black guy" or try to shoehorn in someone for "diversity", it's stupid and detracts from the production. Lando and Mace Windu are both good examples of how to make a good movie without doing the whole "we are diverse because we have this here black guy" or "look we're not sexist cause we have this one action girl running around doing Girl Power!". It's intellectually insulting whenever productions do that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-04-17 00:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »

Probably just a high-ranking/elite trooper. Now that they aren't using clones anymore there's a bit more room for that. Also pretty sure Boba is dead.

nah boba fett escapes from the pit like 30 years later thanks to his armor resisting its digestive system
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-17 00:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »

nah boba fett escapes from the pit like 30 years later thanks to his armor resisting its digestive system

Yup. Fans loved Boba and Maul so much that they changed their stories. Then again, that's the expanded universe, so I don't know how much of it they'll incorporate into this.
First Page 2 3 4