Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Auburn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-02 13:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're uncapped attack, would Kikoku pull ahead in most situations? That said, is attack typically uncapped in most fights such as escha/reisen NMs or SR?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-03-02 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Re: RMEs

I've played around with them a bit in the spreadsheet, but currently I only own the Empyrean AG. Personally, I think the Kikoku is the best all-around choice right now.

I think the Nagi got kinda shafted with the newest reforge. It went back to being lower DMG and higher delay like it was before 119. With how much DW gear is available now, it's value in making self-skillchains easier is greatly diminished. The enmity+ is often a detriment if you're trying to ride Innin. The magic accuracy is kinda nice if you're nuking, but you'd probably just be using Ochus if you're doing that.

From what I understand, the relic ODD/OTD is still 13%, so the 30% OTD on Kannagi means it'll have the best damage output on paper by a pretty big margin assuming you're keeping AM up.

The big thing though, is that given how groups function nowadays, it's probably not uncommon for you to be holding your TP pretty often, or using a non-AM WS etc.

If you're flying solo a lot then Kannagi is probably way better, though.

I added AG Kannagi to my dps sheets with OTD, but haven't added Kikoku yet. Does anyone know how the 10% attack is handled?

Just thinking on Kannagi some more. Having AM last x2 as long could provide some other weaponskill's a chance. (only speaking of riding AM1 here)

Overall I think SE did Empy's a real solid here. I haven't tested against Kikoku with 10% attack, but so far the DPS sheets have Kannagi doing extremely well.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-02 17:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Re: RMEs

I've played around with them a bit in the spreadsheet, but currently I only own the Empyrean AG. Personally, I think the Kikoku is the best all-around choice right now.

I think the Nagi got kinda shafted with the newest reforge. It went back to being lower DMG and higher delay like it was before 119. With how much DW gear is available now, it's value in making self-skillchains easier is greatly diminished. The enmity+ is often a detriment if you're trying to ride Innin. The magic accuracy is kinda nice if you're nuking, but you'd probably just be using Ochus if you're doing that.

From what I understand, the relic ODD/OTD is still 13%, so the 30% OTD on Kannagi means it'll have the best damage output on paper by a pretty big margin assuming you're keeping AM up.

The big thing though, is that given how groups function nowadays, it's probably not uncommon for you to be holding your TP pretty often, or using a non-AM WS etc.

If you're flying solo a lot then Kannagi is probably way better, though.

I added AG Kannagi to my dps sheets with OTD, but haven't added Kikoku yet. Does anyone know how the 10% attack is handled?

Just thinking on Kannagi some more. Having AM last x2 as long could provide some other weaponskill's a chance. (only speaking of riding AM1 here)

Overall I think SE did Empy's a real solid here. I haven't tested against Kikoku with 10% attack, but so far the DPS sheets have Kannagi doing extremely well.
Would either of you mind sharing your spreadsheets? I'm not entirely sure how to go in and adjust the pdif cap or add OTD. Also for Kikoku, from what I have learned, all percent based attack buffs are multiplicative with each other; I don't see why this would be any different.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2016-03-02 21:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't plugged in the new pdif cap into my spreadsheet yet, mine goes bonkers for some reason when I try to do that. I'll try to fix it later. If you want a crude way of doing OTD, you could always just double the rate and plug it in as ODD.

I played a bit with uncapped pdif situations. I'm getting that if Kannagi and Kikoku both have AM up, Kannagi is still the winner in these cases.

I used to use Kannagi or Nagi based on if I was going to be needed to make Dark or Light skillchains. I guess now it's swapping between Kannagi and Kikoku for that instead, if you have about 200M or whatever lying around to spend.

If I was only going to choose one, I guess I'd say Kannagi- but I'm biased. :P
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-03-02 21:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

started on kik, it just seems like an easier path to take atm when all is so close. plus i see endgame needing more attack. I hope i wont regret my decision!
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-03-03 00:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Ores, one of these days while I'm at work I'll get your updated sheet and run through it.

I updated mine with all the abjuration stuff but I never bothered with yours and the GEO buffs.

We should just get 1 all nice and done up so we have a resource for this forum.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-03-03 13:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Hey Ores, one of these days while I'm at work I'll get your updated sheet and run through it.

I updated mine with all the abjuration stuff but I never bothered with yours and the GEO buffs.

We should just get 1 all nice and done up so we have a resource for this forum.

I don't mind sharing mine, but remember it's in ODS format since I use oocalc. I also haven't touched it in quite a while, besides adding a few random pieces of gear. It does have GEO though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-03-04 09:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see what I can do to incorporate the GEO options into it and re-upload it as an XLSX for those of us on office.

Thank ya.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-04 23:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, how do Hattori Tekko +1 stack up vs. Leyline Gloves? 14% Elemental Damage sounds nice, but the lack of macc/mab on it is kinda sad. Not sure how Futae +24 is or means.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-04 23:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Iga hands were just MAB, I'd wager Hattori are the same.
 Odin.Miniman
Server: Odin
user: Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2016-03-05 06:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been keeping an eye on this discussion for a bit pertaining to 119 III Kikoku vs. Kannagi and I'm still indecisive about which to make. I know it's all gonna come down to relative factors, but I'll lay out my situation and hopefully someone could weigh in (thanks in advance!)

So I've got 119 Kikoku and an old 85 Kannagi. I've certainly never been a wealthy player, so I don't really have a lot of money to throw around, especially these days looking closer to the end of FFXI for me personally. Obviously getting Kannagi up to 119 III is gonna take a lot more legwork (about 240m in hmp/dross/boulders vs. just 100m in plutons), but seeing how this is probably my last big endeavor, I wanna do it right.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is Kannagi performing better than Kikoku so much so that the effort would be warranted? I've only been loosely following the data, but OTD 30/40/50% on all hits sounds insanely better than 10% ATK and the same old passive 13% OTD on 1 hit. I also use my NIN pretty casually, as in I don't really bring it to events, if that helps frame things better.

Also I've heard some rumors of an update may be coming that makes empy materials easier to obtain? Not sure on the validity of this, just some hearsay in my LS, but if anyone can confirm, that would help my decision in favor of empyrean since the materials are so sparse right now.

Anyway sorry for rambling and thanks to anyone who can give me their two cents!
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-05 07:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The OTD of Empyrean weapons only works on the hits with your main hand, but that is still significant. This is especially potent when you pair it with Mikage. As far as the ease of obtaining HMP, it has been officially stated that they are looking into ways to make rare items such as that have other outlets for acquiring them.

That said, I have a 119-3 Kannagi and I really do quite like it. The AGI not only buffs your Hi but also adds some ranged accuracy to help with your daken. My current situation puts me torn between upgrading the Kikoku as well or not. I'm not sure how viable Kannagi would be as an offhand since it doesn't have DEX like an Almace or Twashtar. If I don't use the money towards Kikoku, I'm probably going to dump it all into HQ abjurations such as Adhemar, Ryuo, and maybe some Rao.

Ultimately, they both seem like good weapons. Though, I'm very curious as to what comes out ahead on paper. You should also consider if you'd rather glow gold or red. ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-03-05 09:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Auburn said: »
The OTD of Empyrean weapons only works on the hits with your main hand, but that is still significant. This is especially potent when you pair it with Mikage.

He was just pointing out that Empys have the ability to proc ODD/OTD on all hits from the main hand, be it DA, TA, QA, zanshin, etc. The only hits we know of that won't proc are retaliation and counters.

On the flip side, Kikoku's 13% ODD/OTD is only going to proc on the first swing, from the main hand. If you math out the distinction here, Empy's can proc much more often.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-03-05 09:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The OTD of Empyrean weapons only works on the hits with your main hand, but that is still significant. This is especially potent when you pair it with Mikage.

He was just pointing out that Empys have the ability to proc ODD/OTD on all hits from the main hand, be it DA, TA, QA, zanshin, etc. The only hits we know of that won't proc are retaliation and counters.

On the flip side, Kikoku's 13% ODD/OTD is only going to proc on the first swing, from the main hand. If you math out the distinction here, Empy's can proc much more often.

Are zanshin counters able to proc double/triple damage?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-03-05 10:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Are zanshin counters able to proc double/triple damage?

I personally haven't tested, but according to BG zanshin can proc ODD/OTD with empys. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Empyrean_Aftermath I think Byrth tested way back, but can't remember.
 Shiva.Verohawke
Server: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2016-03-06 07:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sageth said: »
I built a mab/burst set using 2 ochu samaha body and both burst rings...rest off the gear is all int and mab..I have not tested any ofc this yet, but I have heard of ninja bursting for alot of damage. I have 20 cp into ninja and was wondering if anyone has made a elemental set and what your merits were and what kind of burst damage you got on apex mobs

This was posted two pages ago

Ruaumoko said: »
LS friend, Zetaking (Asura) pulled off this nuke in the CP party we just had. This was with Futae and a GEO doing Malaise. This is the set he used. Magic Accuracy/Magic Atk Bonus/Magic Burst Damage augments on the two Herculean pieces.

ItemSet 341517

99999 was with Futae but his averages without were around 60-70k.

I must be doing something wrong, I use exactly the same gear as posted, only with Kikoku (119III) in mainhand which adds a lot to magic damage AND magic acc.. highest number I get is 12k MB (with futae) on leeches in sih gates. Merits are full 5/5 in ice.

Granted 12k MB is without any GEO and currently I am still only @1000 JP, but no way I see these two attributes take me to 60k MB (without futae) like poster said...

What am I missing here?
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-03-06 07:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, from a Magic Burst point of view, I'd sub in locus ring. Ochu also has Magic Burst Damage +13 on it. GEO buffs could account for a big chunk of damage too.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-06 08:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Verohawke said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sageth said: »
I built a mab/burst set using 2 ochu samaha body and both burst rings...rest off the gear is all int and mab..I have not tested any ofc this yet, but I have heard of ninja bursting for alot of damage. I have 20 cp into ninja and was wondering if anyone has made a elemental set and what your merits were and what kind of burst damage you got on apex mobs

This was posted two pages ago

Ruaumoko said: »
LS friend, Zetaking (Asura) pulled off this nuke in the CP party we just had. This was with Futae and a GEO doing Malaise. This is the set he used. Magic Accuracy/Magic Atk Bonus/Magic Burst Damage augments on the two Herculean pieces.

ItemSet 341517

99999 was with Futae but his averages without were around 60-70k.

I must be doing something wrong, I use exactly the same gear as posted, only with Kikoku (119III) in mainhand which adds a lot to magic damage AND magic acc.. highest number I get is 12k MB (with futae) on leeches in sih gates. Merits are full 5/5 in ice.

Granted 12k MB is without any GEO and currently I am still only @1000 JP, but no way I see these two attributes take me to 60k MB (without futae) like poster said...

What am I missing here?

There's GEO+JPs, and a couple additional variables. It looked like he had a COR in party when he did his (as seen by Leaden Salute) for Wizard's Roll. Were you getting Storm II as well? And lastly, he could have been Innin for +30% Ninjutsu damage bonus.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-06 08:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Verohawke said: »

What am I missing here?

You answered your own question.

I was the GEO at that camp, 900 Skill + Dunna and would BoG Malaise whenever possible. Reducing MDEF can have a dramatic effect on your magic damage. Also I'm pretty sure Zeta was 5/5 in Hyoton merits and 5/5 on the San merits for that. And the Ochu's are the best Katana for MB due to the insane amounts of +MBD they have along with MAB and INT. Ninjitsu gets a big boost from extra INT.
 Shiva.Verohawke
Server: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2016-03-06 10:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for reply Saevel.

I was in party with geo doing malaise earlier,900skill + dunna; he was doing geo-malaise, but still wasn't getting crazy numbers.

I have 5/5 hyoton merits, and 5 in Hyoton San, tried with geo dunna -900+ skill- malaise, still numbers weren't that high :(
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2016-03-06 10:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pugils are weak to ice and leeches are not.
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2016-03-24 22:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm returning to the game soon and have Nagi 119 without the afterglow. I plan to upgrade the Nagi with the new trials. Does anyone have any updated gear sets for TP, ACC, nuking etc with Nagi being main weapon? Also what do you think the best off hand would be for Nagi today? Any advice would be great. Thank you.
 Odin.Miniman
user: Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2016-04-06 02:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on the new JSE cape?

I think for WS it's quite obvious the augs to go for are DEX/AGI +20 depending on WS, and then acc/attack +20 and of course WSD +10.

What about a TP cape though as a general rule? Clearly DEX+20 and acc/attack+20 as well, but what about the third slot? I'm not savvy to spreadsheets and theorycrafting, which I guess is why I'm asking. Crit hit damage vs. DA, I'm not really sure which will come out on top. I want to say crit hit, probably just because DA feels so underwhelming compared to the tons of TA out there on gear now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-06 02:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Miniman said: »
Crit hit damage vs. DA
It's actually Crit hit rate. Typo on the update notes. DA should win easily for TP.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-06 03:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Miniman said: »
Thoughts on the new JSE cape?
I expressed my feelings before.
In a world without limitations the right answer would be "get 90000 different capes with different augments for all sort of possible situations!"
Realistically, we have to draw a line somewhere. Where you draw that it depends on your playstyle, your free time, how many jobs you play etc.

Imho the best capes to get on NIN are two:
1) TP phase => STR+20, Acc/Att+20, DA+10
2) WS => AGI+20, Acc/Att+20, WSdmg+10

Reason why I'm favoring an AGI cape over a DEX/DA one for stuff like Shun is simple.
The cape #1 is gonna be quite good for a wide range of WS as well. It's not that bad for Shun either, likely better than any/most other options before the current patch.
Moving to a DEX cape for Shun is indeed an increase in damage, but it's not THAT big.

The situation is quite different for the other cape. Using a cape like #2 for Blade: Hi provides an UNBELIEVABLE increase in damage. Check on the spreadsheet if you wanna see for yourself.
The difference is so big it's hard to pass on the chance of getting this cape.

This is my reasoning for drawing the line where I did.
Personal and subjective thoughts of course!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-06 15:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For me personally, I would go with DEX20 instead of AGI. I haven't bothered with Hi for a bit because of how bad it is without abusing Innin most the times. Metsu/Shun/Kamu does great enough for me. But even in times when I was using Innin and comparing the two, Hi was falling short 1k+ damage in averages compared to Metsu. And also because Metsu can do both light and darkness :P
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-06 15:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why STR instead of DEX for TP phase? I think I'm more of an STP fiend as well due to all the MA we already get and the diminishing returns of DA vs. stacking STP.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-06 16:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

STP is a mostly worthless stat for WS, though, so if you do that, you're pigeonholing it into an exclusive function that's only slightly (maybe) better for said function. In my eye, DEX/Att/Acc/DA and AGI/Att/Acc/WSDMG are NIN's real choices.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-07 01:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why DEX in place of STR for the TP phase?
STR provides STR tiers and additional attack.
DEX provides dDEX crit (how much +crit does that convert to on average? ~2%?) and additional acc.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18