Max Dual Wield Question

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
321 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Max Dual Wield Question
Max Dual Wield Question
Offline
Posts: 20
By Rockzo 2015-04-04 05:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I currently have 45 Dual Wield on my SOLO THF/DNC TP set, how much do I need to max out?
Offline
Posts: 6260
By Pantafernando 2015-04-04 06:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caps
Dw1:
No haste magic: dw63
Haste samba: dw60
Haste1: dw57
Haste2: dw47
Caphaste: dw25
Dw2:
No haste magic: dw58
Haste samba: dw54
Haste1: dw52
Haste2: dw41
Caphaste: dw20
Dw3:
No haste magic: dw48
Haste samba: dw44
Haste1: dw42
Haste2: dw31
Caphaste: dw11
Dw4:
No haste magic: dw43
Haste samba: dw39
Haste1: dw37
Haste2: dw26
Caphaste: dw5
Dw5:
No haste magic: dw38
Haste samba: dw34
Haste1: dw32
Haste2: dw21
Caphaste: 0
[+]
Offline
Posts: 20
By Rockzo 2015-04-04 06:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thank you. So this means if I can reach 48 on gear I will no longer have to Haste Samba?^^
Offline
Posts: 6260
By Pantafernando 2015-04-04 06:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I never did the math but i believe haste samba, most of time, is a loss due to duration and how much tp is consumed. But if you have it, its always better to reduce delay without relying on dw.
Offline
Posts: 20
By Rockzo 2015-04-04 06:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I was hoping that if I hit 48 in gear I could stop using haste samba and keep more tp for ws.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [193 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 138
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-10-14 11:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bit of a bump here, but what DW value would you need with Koru Moru and Ulmia out?

I'm thinking the values are not static since ulmia probably gets bare bones haste values for her songs.. and I don't know RDM at all, so not sure if there's job specific boosts to the haste.

Really though, just curious what the max dw I'm going to need as a thf/dnc with KoruMoru's haste2 and Ulmia double march.

Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Ninjaface
Posts: 227
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-14 12:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm pretty sure that haste and haste 2 are static bumps, if that helps you out at all.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2623
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-14 12:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The formula for finding how much DW you need to cap attack speed is:

Total DW Needed = 1 - (0.2 / (1 - TotalHaste%))


So, just gotta figure out how much Haste you're getting from Ulmia and Koru-Moru. We know Haste II is a flat 30%. With Ulmia, it's a little more complicated since although she's using a harp, she doesn't have any March bonus.

Advancing March: 6.3% (64/1024)
Victory March: 9.4% (96/1024)

This means with both of her Marches you're getting 15.7% haste, which with Koru-Moru's Haste II puts you just over the magic haste cap (43.75%). Assuming then that you're wearing the max amount of haste for equipment (25%), which you almost certainly are in most armor choices, you're at a total of 68.75% haste. Now you can plug that into the formula:

0.36 = 1 - (0.2 / (1 - 0.6875))

Thus, you need a total of 36 Dual Wield. THF's native DW trait gives +25 DW, so you only would need +11 from gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 138
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-10-14 12:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks so much guys, I appreciate the quick response.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2623
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-14 12:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I should have also included that if you or a party member uses Haste Samba (even as /DNC), your Total Haste goes up to a point where THF's native DW will put you over the cap.
Log in to post.