users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Doctor Shuts Down Boss: Sick Note
Doctor Shuts Down Boss: Sick Note
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-02 16:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This one comes from our lovely friends in Canada!

Quote:
Seriously Awesome Doctor Shuts Down Boss Who Requires A Note For Sick Days

Staying home when you're sick is sensible and a common courtesy to your coworkers. This doctor gets it. Pizza Hut does not.

When an employee at an Alberta, Canada, location explained to his physician that company policy requires a doctor's note for sick days, this medical pro had the best response. After backing up his patient for doing the right thing, the doctor had no problem telling it like it is. "...you feel his time and mine should be wasted by making him sit in the walk-in clinic for hours and me spending time writing a sick note that I could be spending on people who genuinely need my attention," he wrote. Frosty. Then for the grand finale he dropped this sass bomb on them: "Please reconsider your policy on this—there are surely better ways of wasting your tax dollars."

The letter is now going viral (rightfully so) after the employee's friend posted it to Reddit. It's too bad the doctor's contact information is blurred out—I'd like to become a regular patient. No word yet on how the note went over with managers at the restaurant, but I'm willing to bet an order of toasted asiago flavor sticks that they're feeling the burn.

Source

Quote:
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-04-02 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

multiple studies show that general efficiency increase and overall sick days can drop (mostly in office environment) if you let people stay home and not infect others.