Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 136 137 138
By Ozaii 2019-12-11 22:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
So I've been thinking about an updated cure pot set:

ItemSet 370100

With + 5 on feet this puts you at 51 Cure Pot I + 30 Cure Pot Received, capping it. With majesty we should get that 25 Cure Pot II bringing us to cap.

Belt is the new Audumbla Belt from DI with 10 SIRD and 4PDT, so we're at exactly 100 SIRD and can cap with only 1 Merit spent

PDT is 48 (10 on Cape) + 18 From Burt putting us only 2 shy from cap.

It's also a decent chunk of HP.

Thoughts? What could I improve?

This looks pretty 3pic. Considering i am new to the job and only thought about doing it back when i was asking about hybrids and damage on pld. Ty for sharing this looks great.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-12 12:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't merits 10% at 5/5? or is that a mistranslation?
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-12-12 16:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How feasible is it to get an elemental obi in there while still being capping for SIRD and Cure Potency? I'm really interested to see what a PLD could pull with Cure IV and Aurorastorm I/II.
 Asura.Gotenn
Server: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-12 23:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
How feasible is it to get an elemental obi in there while still being capping for SIRD and Cure Potency? I'm really interested to see what a PLD could pull with Cure IV and Aurorastorm I/II.

The chances your going to have storms is very slim unless you actually get picked up as pld/sch main heal, it really shouldnt be that hard to sub in a obi, or even SU5/cure club/staff of some sort if your not tanking or dont need to use your TP for something else.

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Aren't merits 10% at 5/5? or is that a mistranslation?

Merits are 10%, so you need 92 without merits to make sure your capped, since its based on a 1/1024 scale.
By Ozaii 2019-12-13 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello paladins! I am still fairly fresh as a pld and only started looking into the job a month and a half ago. Can anyone give me their opinions on this tank set. Its not as turtle as it can be but it allows a little more meva! And other stuff! This was my goal once i get sacro to drop. ItemSet 370165
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Hello paladins! I am still fairly fresh as a pld and only started looking into the job a month and a half ago. Can anyone give me their opinions on this tank set. Its not as turtle as it can be but it allows a little more meva! And other stuff! This was my goal once i get sacro to drop. ItemSet 370165

That set will do just fine for pritty much any content, I just want to warn you, that even with the extra magic evasion, unless your in full SU3 your not really going to avoid that much, pld just doesn't have a good starting point when it comes to meva.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-12-13 12:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »

That set will do just fine for pritty much any content, I just want to warn you, that even with the extra magic evasion, unless your in full SU3 your not really going to avoid that much, pld just doesn't have a good starting point when it comes to meva.

PLD SU3 has literally 0 meva.

Edit: Oh, You’re referring to the avoid status ailments. I never tried that as I built up pld meva and mbd after DT cap to help further reduce incoming damage, not to resist ailments. My own gearing biases confused me.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Superior_Equipment#Arke_Armor_Set.2F.2B1

Or were you referring to another set? Thinking of Turms?
By Ozaii 2019-12-13 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If i drop a moon ring and equip the d ring drop the cape and equip a moonbeam cape and drop the staunch and equip that 45 hp tathlun i can gain an extra 195 hp while maintaining pdt cap. Also nah i just want more meva for as little magic danage taken as possible. For damage not really resisting bad stuff. Also think that combo above winds up looking alright? Or is dropping the staunch not a worthy trade off.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 13:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »

Edit: Oh, You’re referring to the avoid status ailments. I never tried that as I built up pld meva and mbd after DT cap to help further reduce incoming damage, not to resist ailments. My own gearing biases confused me.

I was thinking of the avoid but was also confusing myself with MEVA because of a few pages back where people were talking about using that set on magic heavy mobs.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-13 14:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »

I was thinking of the avoid but was also confusing myself with MEVA because of a few pages back where people were talking about using that set on magic heavy mobs.

I'm not a expert on pld. Geared it when it was less complicated in the abyssea days. And getting back into it. Pld doesnt get a whole lot of magic evasion. Again not a lot of research I've done. I use a couple pieces of Volte from jeuno. Pld is seems to be a lot harder to gear because of HP fluctuations and keeping a healthy amount of DT and HP still on. I'll edit this post later with a set I use. But I'm for certain some guys here already have something they could share with you.

ItemSet 370171
This gives
MDB+48
Resist all status ailments +41 and earring is an additional 5%
Magic Evasion +554
And resist charm +20. Which I suppose is halved when fighting a NM. I dont know if resistance to all status ailments acts the same way.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 14:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to put this out there so people don't have to search, here are the current sets I'm using. There are plenty of upgrades but to give people and idea of what to look for:

ItemSet 361825

ItemSet 361826

ItemSet 361827
Note: I have Weatherspoon ring for RNG.

ItemSet 361828

ItemSet 361830
This set should cast on top of your precast enmity set. If your worried that you'll be missing enmity in the open slots, you can fill it in fully with your enmity gear.

ItemSet 361831
Dualism collar to offset the loss of HP from mantle.

All of these sets are designed to keep you at or above 3000 hp, the only of which is Phalanx that drops me the most (2999 hp no food), all others are only ~100 loss. My engaged/supertank hp is 3141.
(edit: typo)

still mostly current sets that I use, once I got it dialed in I havent bothered too much with changing things, this will at least give you an idea of a starting point, Also good if you want to see how to use gear priority in your gearswap to allow higher HP peices to go on first so that your HP doesn't tank then recover.

Edit: May make a few changes to my tank/supertank set, to include AF feet +3 and Ethereal earring, if MP becomes more important for self curing.
By Nariont 2019-12-13 15:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt yorium set give +phalanx? Losing out on bout 9 in that set.

Far as resist sets i really gotta say dont bother given its halved on any NM which is the bulk of current content, and in most cases youd get more meva than you would resist+, such as volte haubert set vs volte jupon set or an aug'd alluvion sword vs malig sword.

Likely "best" set for meva would be something like this;
ItemSet 370172

Swords got pdt 5, meva+15 and hp+40
Cape would be the usual hp/meva/enmity with either +hp or meva on sap and +15 more meva on resin. 661 meva with 43 mdb, caps pdt/mdt with shell, biggest concern is hp. Just annoying plds meva aswell as wars is locked behind a garbage drop rate time gated event
By soralin 2019-12-13 15:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my sets I use/aim for.

Hybrid TP/Acc/Att/DT set (pulls in at like 1600~1700 acc I think? Maybe more)

Turtle set
Cure set (Caps SIRD, Cure Potency)
Phalanx set (Caps SIRD and Phalanx)

Savage Blade / Knights of the Round
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-12-13 15:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »

Turtle set [/spoiler]
That turtle set can probably be improved upun can it not? Im imagining it might be able to just looking at new gear like odin bod or even the af3 bod. Unless the enmity is important for turtling.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 16:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

Far as resist sets i really gotta say dont bother given its halved on any NM which is the bulk of current content, and in most cases youd get more meva than you would resist+, such as volte haubert set vs volte jupon set or an aug'd alluvion sword vs malig sword.

ItemSet 370172

Cape would be the usual hp/meva/enmity with either +hp or meva on sap and +15 more meva on resin. 661 meva with 43 mdb, caps pdt/mdt with shell, biggest concern is hp. Just annoying plds meva aswell as wars is locked behind a garbage drop rate time gated event

It does, but my set is a set combine with my SIRD set, and I don't like to drop my HP below a certain amount, so I forgo the full Phalanx in order not to drop 300 hp.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 16:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea what the CE/VE values of Banishga would be?, If its similar to geist wall with full enmity gear, I almost feel like I have no reason to sub blu anymore other than cocoon.

Looks like its just damage dealt to the enemy, which would be absolute garbage for anything other than putting yourself on the hate list.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-13 16:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea what the CE/VE values of Banishga would be?, If its similar to geist wall with full enmity gear, I almost feel like I have no reason to sub blu anymore other than cocoon.

Looks like its just damage dealt to the enemy, which would be absolute garbage for anything other than putting yourself on the hate list.
Yeah, it's dmg enmity. And isn't going to hit worth a damn. So yes, crap enmity and only good for tagging mobs to get on the hate list.

And once you've tagged those multiple enemies, you have a very few self target JA on long recasts, and.. cures to build enmity on them.

And even with majesty the enmity generated by cures is still divided by the number of enemies on your hate list. So if you pull 10 mobs, tag all, then cast a cure, the enmity from that will be divided by 10 then added to each mob...

/BLU isn't going anywhere. If you need to keep hate on multiple mobs it's still the best.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-13 17:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370172

Ah. I like this. It isn't too far off from the set I posted. I figured magic evasion set would be more leaning towards things that cast charm and death. And there isn't a lot that does that. So I wasn't too worried about keeping a lot of DT in mine. Taking Virava for example is such old content. I wouldn't be as worried about the hits so much anymore as I would the charm. I'd do your set with moonlight neck and Vengeful ring as well.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-12-13 17:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

And even with majesty the enmity generated by cures is still divided by the number of enemies on your hate list. So if you pull 10 mobs, tag all, then cast a cure, the enmity from that will be divided by 10 then added to each mob...

wow. I didn't know that's how that worked...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-13 17:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

wow. I didn't know that's how that worked...
It's a fairly recent discovery for the EN community. The JP have apparently known for like 2 years.(late 2017) <,<;

I retested it here, and there's a link to the JP post where it was originally tested.

I had hoped that maybe they'd adjust this mechanic for majesty up, since that could boost PLD without making things harder for the healers... but nope. If SE wants PLD to take the healer tank niche, they need to do something about this mechanic and then some.

EDIT.
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Ah. I like this. It isn't too far off from the set I posted. I figured magic evasion set would be more leaning towards things that cast charm and death. And there isn't a lot that does that. So I wasn't too worried about keeping a lot of DT in mine. Taking Virava for example is such old content. I wouldn't be as worried about the hits so much anymore as I would the charm. I'd do your set with moonlight neck and Vengeful ring as well.
Just an fyi here, you cannot resist death via magic evasion. Resist all status ailments gear will not work either. Only specific "resist Death" pieces of gear will give you any chance to survive the spell if it lands.

There are very few pieces of this gear, and PLD can only wear the rings.
By Nariont 2019-12-13 17:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

Its for everything really, if you want to go further priwens another 50, depends if you need that aegis mdt2/ochain block really. Reason i picked warders is meva is roughly 1:1 ele resist, originally had vengeful in there but had to swap it for hp/letting me put more meva elsewhere. Still gonna get blocked by dyna drop rates anyway
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 19:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
So I've been thinking about an updated cure pot set:

ItemSet 370100

With + 5 on feet this puts you at 51 Cure Pot I + 30 Cure Pot Received, capping it. With majesty we should get that 25 Cure Pot II bringing us to cap.

Belt is the new Audumbla Belt from DI with 10 SIRD and 4PDT, so we're at exactly 100 SIRD and can cap with only 1 Merit spent

PDT is 48 (10 on Cape) + 18 From Burt putting us only 2 shy from cap.

It's also a decent chunk of HP.

Thoughts? What could I improve?

So I just built this set on my pld, and theres no way I can use it. I drop from 3100 hp to 2600 in this set, I would always be 500 hp shy just trying to cure myself.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-13 19:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This set would be my engaged compromise SIRD, High HP, Midcast set.

ItemSet 370176
Code
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
    body={ name="Souv. Cuirass +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
    hands="Regal Gauntlets",
    legs={ name="Founder's Hose", augments={'MND+6','Mag. Acc.+6',}},
    feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -5%','Accuracy+4 Attack+4',}},
    neck="Sacro Gorget",
    waist="Creed Baudrier",
    left_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
    right_ear="Nourish. Earring +1",
    left_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    back="Moonlight Cape",

SIRD: 105 (with merits)
Cure pot received: 30
Cure pot 1: 35%
HP: 3054
DT: 43

Possible swap would be Nourishing earring to another Odnowa NQ, for another 100hp, and then with SU5 sword your capped cure, and like 400 more hp.

Sorry to keep editing this, but the more I think about it the SU5 sword opens up so many more possibilities to drop more hp+ gear, because you would stay above 3k much easier. However that would mean I need to retweak basically every single set I own because they would all get the same boost of HP from the sword.
By soralin 2019-12-14 01:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Turtle set [/spoiler]
That turtle set can probably be improved upun can it not? Im imagining it might be able to just looking at new gear like odin bod or even the af3 bod. Unless the enmity is important for turtling.

Hjarrandi gear lacks Cure Potency Received, Refresh, Enemy Tp Accumulation-, Phalanx Received, etc. Souv +1 5/5 is still hands down the best turtle set for paladin due to it just having basically everything we could want.

There is however an upgrade now to the new Domain Invasion MP=>HP earring instead of NQ Odnowa earring!

Another item I have been meaning to examine is Raetic Bow +1 though, instead of Staunch Tathlum +1. Trades the 11 status ailment resist for 40 life, which is a pretty decent trade.

Also lets you pull with paralysis arrows or whatever, which you know. Might be nice?

Also Im wanting to experiement with Ullr, see how its DPS fairs.

If anything, Im curious to experiment with how Ullr opens up some interesting new Solo skillchain tricks. Primarily, Empyreal Arrow => Savage Blade lets us do a simple 2 step light sc solo, closing with Savage Blade

Which is pretty good but, you need to reliably pull it off. If you can't, you'd be better off just spamming Savage Blade with Ayame opening for you.

So you need some insanely high TP throughput
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-12-14 04:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to mention that the aeonic shield is a great swap as well to help offset the hp drop when swapping. It also offers that extra 8 DT as well to allow some changes to your set too.
Been using it with the Su4 sword (I’m cheap) for swaps and it’s opened up a lot of cool changes for me.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-14 07:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, Im curious to experiment with how Ullr opens up some interesting new Solo skillchain tricks. Primarily, Empyreal Arrow => Savage Blade lets us do a simple 2 step light sc solo, closing with Savage Blade
PLD has 0 native archery skill, so get ready to whiff empyreal arrow constantly.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-14 09:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't even need Empyreal Arrow for Fusion access. PLD has access to the best fusion WS in the game.
By Nariont 2019-12-14 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is pretty good but, you need to reliably pull it off. If you can't, you'd be better off just spamming Savage Blade with Ayame opening for you.

Been meaning to ask, but what content are you doing where ayame even has a hit rate?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-12-14 19:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Don't even need Empyreal Arrow for Fusion access. PLD has access to the best fusion WS in the game.

At least we have native skill for that so it'll actually hit.
By soralin 2019-12-16 14:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Been meaning to ask, but what content are you doing where ayame even has a hit rate?

I find her accuracy is fine at 122 (3 party members) on stuff like Escha T3s, which is as far as I have pushed so far solo SCing with Ayame.

Now that we can AoE heal reliably Ill probably drop my healer trust for another support which should bolster up accuracy a bit more, and hopefully Ayame dies less anyways with me handling curing, rather than Apururu or Yoran blowing all their MP and then watching Ayame slowly die.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 136 137 138