Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-17 08:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
Hello all,

Just getting back to the game and Master Levels is somewhat new to me. Got PLD to 20 for now, mostly through segment farms for Odyssey.

Question I wanted to ask is, would Srivatsa be a usable option now that ML has been released? It's been sitting on my mog house mannequin and has always just been a lockstyle piece but would love to take it out and use it more than just an enmity piece.

I've seen a video a few months back where my buddy Ruaumoko sticks to Srivatsa / Aegis for his PLD but I wonder if there would ever be a situation where I'd use it over Ochain? My PLD is full time on Ochain unless there's the 5% times I need to use Aegis.

Thanks in advance.

Honest answer: It depends on your play style.

Some will advocate for swapping to iLVL shields (Priwen & Srivasta) since the skill increase will be helpful in those cases. There are two trains of though in this regard in that some will advocate for skill+ and others to a minor extent (myself included) will advocate for Block Chance+. Both paths are viable in my honest opinion. You just have to be willing to build around it.

Some will just say screw it, stay with Ochain. Ochain lets you be lazy as long as you can line enemies up and there's nothing particularly wrong with that either.

Aegis is basically just a cheat to cut down magic DMG. No amount of Skill+/Block Chance is worth the abysmal blockrate it has due to being capped at Level 99...
 Asura.Psycosocial
Server: Asura
By Asura.Psycosocial 2022-08-17 09:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
Hello all,

Just getting back to the game and Master Levels is somewhat new to me. Got PLD to 20 for now, mostly through segment farms for Odyssey.

Question I wanted to ask is, would Srivatsa be a usable option now that ML has been released? It's been sitting on my mog house mannequin and has always just been a lockstyle piece but would love to take it out and use it more than just an enmity piece.

I've seen a video a few months back where my buddy Ruaumoko sticks to Srivatsa / Aegis for his PLD but I wonder if there would ever be a situation where I'd use it over Ochain? My PLD is full time on Ochain unless there's the 5% times I need to use Aegis.

Thanks in advance.

At a minimum you should macro Stivatsa for Protect. Only reason I got one lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-18 02:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I was messing around with my PLD's casting set. Trying to get a good balance, capped DT, 105% SIRD, and as much enmity as I can muster comfortably.

One problem I'm having with it though is balancing my HP in it with my DT set I switch to when I'm not casting. Currently my DT set has something like 3600~ HP. The last mix/match I tried had all the pieces to the puzzle pretty well set, but it dropped my down to 2400~ HP. So that would mean I'd be losing 1200~ HP every time I swapped to casting BLU spells.

Anyone know any pieces I'm missing that could push my HP to the current number on my DT set?
By Nariont 2022-08-18 02:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what your set is, but the new +2 emp body allows you to shift 15% elsewhere, this comes at a hit to less HP on body but can free up a slot elsewhere potentially
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-18 03:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn’t post any of the sets because atm it is a hard mess since I’m in the middle of re-structuring it.

I saw the SIRD on the new body, and at first it seemed nice, but the DT loss on the body is a hard loss on the casting set. Not to mention it also has less HP and enmity than the Souveran body.
By Nariont 2022-08-18 03:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, I admit I forgot the DT on the body isnt static lol, I'm not sure its possible to get a good combo without including weapons/shields, cross your fingers on pld earring having some sird, if you dont mind losing TP there's quite a few options there but that's not always ideal
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-18 04:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I think I tweaked it a little better, for now. I'm up to 3100~ with this set. With 3500~ in my DT set. Not quite balanced as I want it, but it's "better".

ItemSet 378300

EDIT: Forgot to add in the set bonus from Souveran set:

110% SIRD(5% more than I need)
59% PDT
44% MDT, more than enough MDT assuming Shell V.
92 Enmity with merits.

Any upgrades anyone can think of from here would be more than welcomed.

Now with the edit I'm a little up the creek again. Any change i find that might balance the stats out a bit more actually drop my HP by a good chunk and I'm still about 400~ away from my DT set.
/facepalm, lol.

Even Eschite Greaves which would be a decent boost to Enmity drop my HP by another 131 HP, effectively putting me back under 3k.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-18 06:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what. Screw it. Maybe I will just keep the extra PDT in the set. It would make it more comfortable for swapping between Sakpata's Sword and Naegling per the situation.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-18 07:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I didn’t post any of the sets because atm it is a hard mess since I’m in the middle of re-structuring it.

I saw the SIRD on the new body, and at first it seemed nice, but the DT loss on the body is a hard loss on the casting set. Not to mention it also has less HP and enmity than the Souveran body.
Do you have a list of gear you can use? I can run through my optimizer.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-18 08:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I think I tweaked it a little better, for now. I'm up to 3100~ with this set. With 3500~ in my DT set. Not quite balanced as I want it, but it's "better".

ItemSet 378300

59% PDT
92 Enmity with merits.

Now with the edit I'm a little up the creek again. Any change i find that might balance the stats out a bit more actually drop my HP by a good chunk and I'm still about 400~ away from my DT set.
/facepalm, lol.

Even Eschite Greaves which would be a decent boost to Enmity drop my HP by another 131 HP, effectively putting me back under 3k.

3,500 HP is unnecessary. Outside of a "Tank Buster" set you don't need that much. Also, Master Levels will even out your minimum HP threshold across sets so maintaining over 3K (which seems to be still be a concern for some reason) isn't as difficult.

Might I suggest checking the Community PLD Guide on bg for references.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-18 09:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I did notice one upgrade I could make, but not sure if it's worth it or not. Since I'm at 110% SIRD, I could remove the Audumbla sash and swap it out for a haste belt. Than swap out the trux earring out for a nourishing earring +1. I would lose +5 Enmity but I would go from 22% gear haste to 26%, effectively capping out my gear haste on BLU spells.
I would still be capped PDT with a Sakpata's sword but I would go down to 45% PDT when using a Naegling when I cast my BLU spells.

Which do you think would be more valuable?

+5 Enmity or 4% haste on recasts?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-18 09:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I did notice one upgrade I could make, but not sure if it's worth it or not. Since I'm at 110% SIRD, I could remove the Audumbla sash and swap it out for a haste belt. Than swap out the trux earring out for a nourishing earring +1. I would lose +5 Enmity but I would go from 22% gear haste to 26%, effectively capping out my gear haste on BLU spells.
I would still be capped PDT with a Sakpata's sword but I would go down to 45% PDT when using a Naegling when I cast my BLU spells.

In my opinion, getting spells off faster is more beneficial than heightened Enmity on a spell.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-18 11:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be aware, you actually have to hit 102% SIRD to be 100%.

Nevermind, forgot Nourishing Earring +1 gets -5%
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-18 11:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

In my opinion, getting spells off faster is more beneficial than heightened Enmity on a spell.
I think it will depend on spells, not all of them you cast straight off CD.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-19 08:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ML40 frees up some HP for those that like to keep HP at a specific point. For example, 0ML Taru can get 8% from 40MLs, maybe a bit more but I don't recall what the sub job levels gave for HP, just the 7 per from ML itself. Strangely, my output were EXACT hp to be at 3K, had to double check to make sure it still ran as >= and not ==.

I do run additional HP augment instead of M.Eva augment on the capes.
Code
Top valid set:
{'Name': "Egoist's Tathlum", 'HP': 45}
{'Name': 'Carmine Mask +1', 'HP': 38, 'Magic Evasion': 53, 'Enhancing Skill': 11, 'Fast Cast': 14}
{'Name': 'Rev. Surcoat +3', 'HP': 254, 'Magic Evasion': 68, 'Divine Skill': 17, 'Enmity': 10, 'Fast Cast': 10, 'PDT': 10, 'MDT': 10}
{'Name': 'Leyline Gloves', 'HP': 25, 'Magic Evasion': 62, 'Fast Cast': 8}
{'Name': 'Enif Cosciales', 'HP': 40, 'Fast Cast': 8}
{'Name': 'Odyssean Greaves', 'HP': 20, 'Magic Evasion': 86, 'Fast Cast': 11, 'Cure Potency': 7, 'SIRD': 20}
{'Name': 'Unmoving Collar +1', 'Enmity': 10, 'HP': 200}
{'Name': 'Creed Baudrier', 'HP': 40, 'Enmity': 5}
{'Name': 'Tuisto Earring', 'HP': 150}
{'Name': 'Etiolation Earring', 'HP': 50, 'Fast Cast': 1, 'MDT': 3}
{'Name': 'Gelatinous Ring +1', 'PDT': 7, 'MDT': -1, 'HP': 150}
{'Name': 'Moonlight Ring', 'HP': 110, 'PDT': 5, 'MDT': 5}
{'Name': "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP': 80, 'Magic Evasion': 20, 'Fast Cast': 10}

HP Stat sum:
Stat sum:

Code
Top valid set:
{'Name': 'Sapience Orb', 'Enmity': 2, 'Fast Cast': 2}
{'Name': 'Carmine Mask +1', 'HP': 38, 'Magic Evasion': 53, 'Enhancing Skill': 11, 'Fast Cast': 14}
{'Name': 'Rev. Surcoat +3', 'HP': 254, 'Magic Evasion': 68, 'Divine Skill': 17, 'Enmity': 10, 'Fast Cast': 10, 'PDT': 10, 'MDT': 10}
{'Name': 'Leyline Gloves', 'HP': 25, 'Magic Evasion': 62, 'Fast Cast': 8}
{'Name': 'Enif Cosciales', 'HP': 40, 'Fast Cast': 8}
{'Name': 'Carmine Greaves +1', 'HP': 95, 'Magic Evasion': 80, 'Fast Cast': 8, 'PDT': 4}
{'Name': "Orunmila's Torque", 'Fast Cast': 5}
{'Name': 'Creed Baudrier', 'HP': 40, 'Enmity': 5}
{'Name': 'Tuisto Earring', 'HP': 150}
{'Name': 'Etiolation Earring', 'HP': 50, 'Fast Cast': 1, 'MDT': 3}
{'Name': 'Gelatinous Ring +1', 'PDT': 7, 'MDT': -1, 'HP': 150}
{'Name': 'Kishar Ring', 'Fast Cast': 4}
{'Name': "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP': 80, 'Magic Evasion': 20, 'Fast Cast': 10}

HP Stat sum:
Stat sum:

Additionally, 3K HP, Capped SIRD, Cure Potency, Cure Received, and DT are all possible now with ML40 HP and new earring. This was the most enmity output from those conditions. I might not have all the enmity gear in, but nothing stands out that would change since each slot is used for the other stats. This reaches 103 SIRD, so those with merits can probably swap it up some, though.

Cure potency on feet and cape for augments.

ItemSet 386218
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-19 11:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
ML40 frees up some HP for those that like to keep HP at a specific point. For example, 0ML Taru can get 8% from 40MLs, maybe a bit more but I don't recall what the sub job levels gave for HP, just the 7 per from ML itself. Strangely, my output were EXACT hp to be at 3K, had to double check to make sure it still ran as >= and not ==.

I do run additional HP augment instead of M.Eva augment on the capes.

Additionally, 3K HP, Capped SIRD, Cure Potency, Cure Received, and DT are all possible now with ML40 HP and new earring. This was the most enmity output from those conditions. I might not have all the enmity gear in, but nothing stands out that would change since each slot is used for the other stats. This reaches 103 SIRD, so those with merits can probably swap it up some, though.

Cure potency on feet and cape for augments.

ItemSet 386218

Master Levels definitely do help. Not exactly helpful here but I did post the HP Values of all five races PLD/WAR with 15/15 HP Merits but 0 Master Levels. Then took the time to post the notable HP gains at specific Master Levels on the guide for reference.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-19 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Still looking forward to the gear optimizer though Austar! Not gonna lie, comparing and contrasting sets was a task and a half since I did it manually in-game to get the results I had...
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-19 11:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I set the minimum HP in gear to 3000 - 1798(Taru) - 7 * 40, still over shoots a tad since I believe each level of sub job gets some amount of HP as well, I just don't recall what.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-19 11:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Still looking forward to the gear optimizer though Austar! Not gonna lie, comparing and contrasting sets was a task and a half since I did it manually in-game to get the results I had...
It's done, just need a few other pieces of gear added probably. No GUI so only use-able if you have python 3 installed. I didn't make this particular one with elidyr's parsed gear, which I have to clean up some to work in python since stuff like % symbols work different in different languages.

The code itself is only like 6 lines in python, it's just the gear that sucked, and without a GUI to control the list, commenting out gear is the only way to avoid trillions of combinations, which will crash a lot of computers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-20 09:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, been away for awhile. I completely forgot I have 10% SIRD from merits alone (5/5 SIRD). Back to the drawing board, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-20 09:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378300

59% PDT
92 Enmity with merits.

/facepalm, lol.

3,500 HP is unnecessary. Outside of a "Tank Buster" set you don't need that much. Also, Master Levels will even out your minimum HP threshold across sets so maintaining over 3K (which seems to be still be a concern for some reason) isn't as difficult.

Might I suggest checking the Community PLD Guide on bg for references.

It wasn't really about having exactly 3500~ HP. I had an Idle set I made awhile back with decent defensive stats, but since I wasn't casting anything in that set I wasn't as limited.

But as I try to build the other sets i end up with a lot less. most of my other sets seem to be hovering around 2600~.

Keep in mind I don't have any ML's. Hell, my PLD isn't even mastered, it's just starting out on CP.

But I realize having that big of a discrepancy in my sets could be stressful for mages. I would be switching sets so much the extra HP in my idle DT set is kind of pointless since I would lose it as soon as I cast something or WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-08-24 14:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There any uses I'm missing for block+ odyssean gear? I can only think of block+ on odyssean greaves (provided sets with the block greaves are better than the sets with DM interrupt augs) off the top of my head.

Edit: The poster above could change to odyssean greaves for 20%+ spell interrupt that enables them to drop 10% from a different slot.
 Asura.Vitalic
user: fusional
By Asura.Vitalic 2022-09-16 18:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently resubbed and dusting off the PLD, and have been surprised to see people saying Srivatsa is viable now. Is it possible to achieve 100% block rate with it on lv150 mobs with master levels and new gear options?

I have Ochain/Aegis/Priwen and 5/5 empy +2, no Burtgang yet but working on that. I did see an argument for R15 Excalibur but I suppose if it's possible to hit 100% block rate w/ Srivatsa while mainhanding Burt that'd be ideal yeah?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-09-16 20:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vitalic said: »
Recently resubbed and dusting off the PLD, and have been surprised to see people saying Srivatsa is viable now. Is it possible to achieve 100% block rate with it on lv150 mobs with master levels and new gear options?

I have Ochain/Aegis/Priwen and 5/5 empy +2, no Burtgang yet but working on that. I did see an argument for R15 Excalibur but I suppose if it's possible to hit 100% block rate w/ Srivatsa while mainhanding Burt that'd be ideal yeah?

Burt is going to outdo Excal in any tanking situation really. The Regen/Refresh and block rate increase don't really compare to the 18% PDT II. If you're making a Burt already, I wouldn't bother with the Excal unless you just want it for the sake of having it.

Srivatsa is definitely viable, especially in situations where you're not going to have everything in front of you to be able to block. I use it all the time for large pulls in Dyna and Odyssey, high defense and chance to annul damage is really nice. You can get the block rate pretty high as well with the addition of master levels, which definitely makes it an option for just straight tanking stuff. You may need the Excal to cap though, not sure if you can get cap with the rest of the gear available. You'll have an easier time capping block rate on Ochain w/ reprisal and if you already have it I'd probably just use that for most tanking needs (obviously Aegis for magic).
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-09-16 21:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vitalic said: »

Short answer is: Yes, Srivatsa can reach 100% blockrate.

There's effectively two approaches to increasing blockrate: Shield skill+ and Blockrate+. Skill from Master Levels helps a fair amount by itself. Srivatsa being an iLvl shield will also pair nicely with the added skill multiplier on Reprisal (this also applies to Priwen).

As for Excalibur and Burtgang, they're both tools with different uses. If you're already working on Burtgang, great! I like Excalibur as a Naegling alternative and as a fun hybrid option. But that's just me.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-09-17 05:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*** that Ochain rocks
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-09-17 05:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

*** that Ochain rocks
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-09-17 07:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
*** that Ochain rocks

Being lazy and using Ochain is fine as well.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-09-17 07:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
*** that Ochain rocks

Being lazy and using Ochain is fine as well.
Indeed
By whereistooki 2022-09-24 12:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hello fellow PLD, i have question, is sakpata still used with the release of EMPY +2 armors? what set do you recommend for casual players
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 137 138 139