Pft.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-02-21 20:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Nothing I dislike more than lazy support. You're job is not that hard.

Choral Roll is also taking away one of Runeist's/Evoker's from you, it's not really as simple as "stop being lazy, dumb rollbot."
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-22 02:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm, I'd like a PLD self buff spell that gives SIRD. Or you know.. native aquaveil. Although it's annoying that PLD can wear all of one piece of aquaveil+, and it's on a greatsword.

Oh!, foil-esque enmity spell that gives you what is basically a short duration aquaveil effect. Spam it for hate, always be uninterruptible.

I can dream, right? ;_;
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-02-22 05:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmmmm, I'd like a PLD self buff spell that gives SIRD. Or you know.. native aquaveil. Although it's annoying that PLD can wear all of one piece of aquaveil+, and it's on a greatsword.

Oh!, foil-esque enmity spell that gives you what is basically a short duration aquaveil effect. Spam it for hate, always be uninterruptible.

I can dream, right? ;_;

OH. I've always felt they needed a hate generation spell like foil but never thought of it being an SIRD type. That's a pretty neat concept!
 Leviathan.Eloc
Server: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2021-02-22 07:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can dream, right? ;_;
<(Flashga)> <(Can I have it?)>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-22 07:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eloc said: »

I can dream, right? ;_;
<(Flashga)> <(Can I have it?)>
I mean, that too. I also want them to add Flash II, but make the the Flash effect's, acc down be Magic Accuracy down instead. XD
 Asura.Gotenn
Server: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-22 16:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Im more for the idea of Reflect: Self target "reprisal" type damage to the mob after a magical spell has been cast on you, 15 sec duration. Same enmity as Foil...

And

They should make Shield bash back to 3:00 recast, and give it a 50% Def down effect, stacks with all forms of def down for 45 seconds (our rayke/gambit replacement)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-22 16:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

50% def down that stacks with everything would horribly Op
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-22 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah kind of like making sanguine do 70k with rayke gambit.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-22 17:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't give it to Rune Fencer, so lets just steal Runic from FF6.

Absorbs magic damage and converts it into MP. Prevents magic AoEs from hitting the party(this part is broken as *** and I love it. It's like if cover actually worked. lol.)

Also, you leave my shield bash recast alone. I have few enough enmity actions already, and I don't want any of them having longer recasts again. Sheol Gaol is pure suffering. No subjob enmity actions...
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-22 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »

But let’s all be honest here we all prefer physical dd jobs to magic crap. So a 50% def down stacking with all the other stuff would be busted. That said I do with Rayke and gambit didn’t actually work on magical ws in general.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-22 19:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What we need is native Uriel Blade from campaign that generates real enmity due to the flash additional effect. Also let me cleave in my Burtgang.
By Crossbones 2021-02-22 19:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

But let’s all be honest here we all prefer physical dd jobs to magic crap. So a 50% def down stacking with all the other stuff would be busted. That said I do with Rayke and gambit didn’t actually work on magical ws in general.

Depends on the content. For wave 3 I prefer magic DD to melee and it isn't even close.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-22 19:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the content. For wave 3 I prefer magic DD to melee and it isn't even close.

Magic ws spam isn’t fun at all. No risk involved!
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-22 20:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic ws spam isn’t fun at all. No risk involved!

It's fun to AE 12 mobs at a time for 30-40k each though :P
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2021-02-23 08:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, I am getting back into PLD and I ran into an issue with augmented HP equipment swaps. First, I do not use gearswap (I know, I know), and I found that the game seemed to be reading the augmented HP after my gear was already changed. The problem items were Caballarious Sword path C and Unmoving Collar +1.

My goal was to run the new Sakpata gear in my idle tank set while retaining some of the HP and enmity I lost from Sov+1. I also wanted to slip Sakpata's Sword into my SIRD and enmity casting sets. When i swapped from Idle tank set (3049 HP) to SIRD set (Roughly 3350 HP) and back, the sword and neck HP wouldn't register until after the gear change, leaving me with 2649/3049 HP. Not cool.

I found a little work around that I wanted to share here for others. You can equip specific items before and after gearsets with no delay, and it forces the items to equip first (or last). With these macros I can push my augmented HP items back onto my char before my idle tanking set takes away all my HP! Set 25 is SIRD, Set 23 is idle tanking.

And just for fun here's my new idle tanking set. I know it's not BIS or anything, but it works really well for me. Those are Vexer Rings +1, Ethereal Earring and Cryptic Earring. Mantle -10 PDT.

Also, thanks to all here for their contributions and dedication. Love this community. -Bayo
[+]
By Aricomfy 2021-02-23 08:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, nice info. I ran came across the same thing when I first started really getting into PLD and it was an issue even with gearswap until I learned more about priority tagging equipment. It's actually pretty cool that you're getting this to work for you without gearswap and I really commend you on that front. Good stuff to see here on this forum.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-24 21:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SiRD question here. To be immune to interruption, you need 102% from what I read. How important is that 2%?

This set with SiRD merits and enmity merits would give me 105% SiRD. PDT would be capped, MDT would be capped(with Aegis). Cure received would be capped. and I would have 137-141 Enmity depending on Unity status.

ItemSet 378237

Now this one still caps everything, but only has 100% spell interruption. But the enmity goes up to a wopping, 158-167.

ItemSet 378292

How badly would I notice the 2% when tanking multiple mobs?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-24 22:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I mean, it's the difference between being completely uninterruptible, and not.

There's probably not much data on interruption rates at just under capped SIRD. Probably the closest thing you're likely to find is my post on High HP SIRD cure sets. My initial set was 101%, and wasn't capping.

With 101% SIRD, I estimated in that post that the per hit interrupt rate was about 3.1% on 139 mobs.(Low sample size,) Low rate, but if enough mobs are hitting you fast enough the chances stack up fast.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-24 22:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I forgot about the augment on Nourishing Earring +1. Could swap that out with Trux and be capped again, and still have 153-162.

176-185 If I could ever get my hands on a Burtgang, lol.
By Guyford 2021-02-25 00:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SID follows the same rounding rules as DT (rounded down to nearest 256th). So it is possible to cap with 101, but the pieces need to be right. I have a 101 set that caps at exactly 256/256 SID. Fast cast/hp/(eva/meva)/hp/pdt on cape, path A on the legs cause HP. Feet have a DM aug with 6 fc and 2 cure potency.

ItemSet 378293
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-25 12:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if it's possible to get TWO of the listed stats on the Alluvion Skirmish gear?
By Nariont 2021-02-25 12:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not, you get 1 snow/leaf/dusk aug within its table and thats it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-25 12:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so, studying Martel's sets for gear options, and tweaking a few things to my own preferences. I think this is what I'm going to settle for. About the only thing I'm missing on these sets is the Burtgang and the Founder's Hose(lol Sinister Reign hates me).

This one is for the spells that don't need SIRD, like Flash, Stun, or Absorb spells. This one has 165-178 enmity with merits and Crusade.
ItemSet 378236

This one is the SIRD set for longer casting spells like BLU spells. This one has 156-169 Enmity with merits and Crusade. And has 105% SIRD.
ItemSet 378300

Both sets keep me around 2600-2700 HP. PDT, MDT, Cure received are all capped.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-02-25 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What HP level are you idling at?
By Aricomfy 2021-02-25 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
This one is the SIRD set for longer casting spells like BLU spells. This one has 176-189 Enmity with merits and Crusade. And has 105% SIRD.
ItemSet 378300

You're 10% over capping SIRD assuming you have 5/5 merits into SIRD, R15'd that Nourishing Earring +1 and 10% SIRD on the cape. Could drop the Knightly Earring for something else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-25 13:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
What HP level are you idling at?

Look like I'm going to shoot for around 2600-2700, to match these sets. It's not 3,000. But it's not really a horrible HP either. And I like the way these statistics go together.

Maybe I might make a set on the side with a larger amount of HP just for taking scripted big hits like like Dancing Fullers. But for the most part 2600-2700 should be a healthy amount.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-25 13:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
This one is the SIRD set for longer casting spells like BLU spells. This one has 176-189 Enmity with merits and Crusade. And has 105% SIRD.
ItemSet 378300

You're 10% over capping SIRD assuming you have 5/5 merits into SIRD, R15'd that Nourishing Earring +1 and 10% SIRD on the cape. Could drop the Knightly Earring for something else.
Aricomfy said: »
ItemSet 378300

Cape doesn't have SIRD, it has +10 Enmity and -10% PDT.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-25 13:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cape doesn't have SIRD, it has +10 Enmity and -10% PDT.
Makes sense then. I didn't even know that helmet existed by the way. Gets the old noggin joggin. Interesting choices.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-25 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so, studying Martel's sets for gear options, and tweaking a few things to my own preferences. I think this is what I'm going to settle for. About the only thing I'm missing on these sets is the Burtgang and the Founder's Hose(lol Sinister Reign hates me).

This one is for the spells that don't need SIRD, like Flash, Stun, or Absorb spells. This one has 185-198 enmity with merits and Crusade.
ItemSet 378236

ItemSet 378300

Both sets keep me around 2600-2700 HP. PDT, MDT, Cure received are all capped.
Your enmity numbers are looking a bit odd there...

I've totaled the first set at 179 enmity with max unity rank, merits, crusade, and R15 Loess+1. The second set should top off at +168.

How are you getting 198 max?
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 136 137 138