~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 137 138 139
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-11 01:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

While I appreciate the effort you took to edit those, my current setup is working for me so I wont be doing some edits at this time.
By Aricomfy 2021-01-11 02:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
While I appreciate the effort you took to edit those, my current setup is working for me so I wont be doing some edits at this time.

Uhhh, you just archived your current sets here, so copying and pasting the ones I made for you won't toss your old sets into the Shadow Realm, but uh, alright.

Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-11 03:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know, but it is working as it is so no need to change anything. No HP is lost between swapping that shouldnt be lost.
This was just me showing you dont need to set 1-15 on every swap.
Which is a lot of editing since //gs export dont add the extra lines needed for priority code.
By Aricomfy 2021-01-11 03:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know, but it is working as it is so no need to change anything. No HP is lost between swapping that shouldnt be lost.
This was just me showing you dont need to set 1-15 on every swap.
Which is a lot of editing since //gs export dont add the extra lines needed for priority code.

The sets you posted are all within 58 HP of each other. The margin of improvement (if any) is admittedly very slim, even if you were to use my method. The benefits in your case won't show as glaringly obvious as they did for me, so I'll give you that, but the method you're using isn't the best way to do it, there's no arguing that. Even Martel pointed out that your way is flawed. I know people here have a hard time caring about randoms that wander in here trying to give genuinely good advice to people simply because they aren't already a well known FFXIAH celebrity, but come on man. This isn't how you further the limits of PLD and the discussions surrounding it. This is how you stagnate it, by clinging to old ways and refusing to learn how to better yourself if possible.

Look at the entire previous page. You think I wanted to spam all that crap only for it to be tossed into the wind? No, I spammed all that crap because I know how stubborn people are in this game and I know it takes a nail and a hammer to drive new info into people's heads at this point. It doesn't get any more plainly explained and written out than that on the previous page. If you chose to remain the way you are, that's fine, I honestly don't mind because in your case, you'd barely see improvements anyway if you were to use my method, but don't try and tell other people that your way is fine and encourage it just because it works for you specifically.

I apologize if I came off sounding like an *** hole in this post, I just don't know what I was expecting. It takes 2 minutes to copy/paste and test things out. It takes exactly 3 CTRL + Z's to undo those changes in your PLD.lua if you don't like it.
By Aricomfy 2021-01-11 05:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I went and created an Idle, a Precast and a Midcast Cure set that were 100% exactly identical in HP to the sets you posted on the previous page, Wotasu. I then added my method of priority tags to them to see for myself what kind of numbers I'd be getting as a result. I technically lost zero HP. I say technically because I happened to cure myself for exactly 58 HP, just like I said was the slim margin that I thought I'd see, but I remained at the HP cap during each function.

The question is, what amount are YOU seeing when you cast Cure III for example on yourself? Are you healing for more or less in your sets? If you're unwilling to try my method and mess with your PLD.lua at all then this should be enough to entice you to at least play along.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-11 05:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My cure is doing 58HP as well.
By Aricomfy 2021-01-11 06:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My cure is doing 58HP as well.
I'll take your word for it. I'm curious to see what numbers you're getting when you cast Phalanx though. Cure sets are one thing but Phalanx is a different story. The majority of people that play on PLD (from my experience) don't like to swap their weapons out at all in favor of keeping TP. Phalanx is one of the few spells that pretty much demands it and sees the biggest loss in HP out of any set PLD has. My method may not do much for your cure set, but I'm curious if it'll do anything for your Phalanx set.

Anyway, before I started using this 15-1 priority system, my HP was dipping into the yellow for a couple of actions. By using this method I managed to bring my Phalanx set from dipping me down to 2,880 HP up to 3,207 HP. This is why I've been ranting about it so much. It's such a small thing but goes a long way. Some people will have varied equipment and playstyles. Not everyone is going to have all their sets as closely together in HP as yours. The purpose of bringing up the 15-1 priority system is to help those people, people like myself. I swap my weapons out in several of my sets as I'm not often ever seeing myself meleeing enough to care for TP, but that's just me personally. Other people might do the same thing. What I've learned from this system is that it really shines the most when you're swapping out your weapons. For example, Srivatsa can be equipped to offset the massive loss in HP several sets will have while still maintaining capped -DT as well as give you a good chunk of enmity. Nibiru Blade (Path: D) and Nibiru Shield (Path: B) can both be equipped in your precast set to maintain high HP, Fast Cast and -DT and allow for you to equip safer things to other slots that give more HP, like being able to give up those crappy Enif Cosciales pants for something better.

That's just my reasoning for pushing this as hard as I have been. If you do struggle with HP loss, consider looking into the 15-1 priority system. If you don't struggle with HP loss, then don't bother. Unless you post your Phalanx numbers or something, I'll most likely not waste more time and forum space talking about the priority system anymore. Would rather move on to testing other things.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-11 07:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont swap Sword or Shield and only Shield if needed, I have R15 Burtgang, Atonement is broken for Enm at that point.
My Phalanx set has +7HP over my Idle.Tank set and no HP is lost when applying phalanx. I dont go full out on enhancing magic Im content with a 360 skill set.

3252HP & 360 Skill.
Code
    ammo="Egoist's Tathlum",
    head={ name="Odyssean Helm", augments={'INT+6','Accuracy+3 Attack+3','Phalanx +4','Mag. Acc.+1 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+1',}}, --4
    body={ name="Yorium Cuirass", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},          --3
    hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}}, --5
    legs={ name="Yorium Cuisses", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}}, --3
    feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}}, --5
    neck="Incanter's Torque",
    waist={name="Steppe Sash",priority=1},
    left_ear={name="Tuisto Earring",priority=1},
    right_ear={name="Etiolation Earring",priority=1},
    left_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',},priority=1},
    right_ring={ name="Moonlight Ring",priority=1},
    back="Weard Mantle", --5
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-01-14 12:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about getting back to gearing my PLD. It's good not great atm. Have a Nixxer and max aug Brilliance. Excal worth making? Just curious with campaign going on. Been saving Mythic mats as well for a while but haven't decided to use them on a DP or Burt yet.

Getting close to finishing my current Aeonic as well. Wondering if the shield was worth doing if you already have Aegis/Ochain or not. The stats on it look really nice, but I'm not really sure what I would use it for, and BG says overall it contributes less to overall phys damage reduction than Ochain anyway.

Thanks for any advice/opinions.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-14 12:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally only use the Aeonic for protect V and halphas below 50%
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-01-14 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
I personally only use the Aeonic for protect V and halphas below 50%

Okay thanks, we have some OP RUNs in my LS,so I won't make it a priority. Mainly just use it as needed, but figured with the new Odyssey stuff might be time to buff out the rough edges.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-14 15:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Anoq said: »
Thinking about getting back to gearing my PLD. It's good not great atm. Have a Nixxer and max aug Brilliance. Excal worth making? Just curious with campaign going on. Been saving Mythic mats as well for a while but haven't decided to use them on a DP or Burt yet.

Getting close to finishing my current Aeonic as well. Wondering if the shield was worth doing if you already have Aegis/Ochain or not. The stats on it look really nice, but I'm not really sure what I would use it for, and BG says overall it contributes less to overall phys damage reduction than Ochain anyway.

Thanks for any advice/opinions.
YMMV...

Excal worth making?

-It's reasonably cheap to make with deflation currently. KoR+aftermath are still nice to have options when you can afford to melee but maybe don't feel like Savaging.

Getting close to finishing my current Aeonic as well. Wondering if the shield was worth doing if you already have Aegis/Ochain or not.

-Make all 3. Everyone on here has their own personal preference and you'll hear various cases for which to use. I love my Srivatsa, but I also have a functional block rate +29% build that allows me to.
By SMN4LIFE 2021-01-17 09:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a more up-to-date Gear Guide either here or on BG-Wiki? Or is this one the Current BiS for the job?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-17 10:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Paladin_Guide
I also suggest https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Martel/#item-sets
Most sets are decently up to date.
[+]
By SMN4LIFE 2021-01-17 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the hasty reply. Much appreciated.
By SMN4LIFE 2021-01-19 11:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

New PLD here and doing the old school leveling. None of this paying for levels crap. So I was wondering what the best Trusts were for killing mobs quickly. Any suggestions?
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-19 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeid II when he starts using Ground Strike(Lv60?) is a killer.
Shantotto II cause she's just OP.
Ayame, will open sc if you show her a ws, can keep TP and she will try to open everytime she has TP, making Zeid and Shantotto close sc.
Ulmia/Joachim for marches, ballads when mp drops.
And & Whm, Apururu will cast haste. Tho I prefer Yoran once you reach 99+.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-19 12:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just say that Matsui-P is kind of Shantotto II and Ayame combined.
By SimonSes 2021-01-19 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Matsui-P is the best possible Trust for new players, but Im not sure from what level he starts to be top dog.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-19 17:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Matsui-P is the best possible Trust for new players, but Im not sure from what level he starts to be top dog.

He is pretty bad until lv96 or so. Zeid II was a lot stronger than him as he will always save TP to end your chains so he will never overkill unless you want him to. Matsui-P is still pretty iffy at that level as he gain less TP than Zeid and can only SC every other fight and not always burst his nukes.

If play Pld, I would strongly suggest Zeid after lv60 or so and Semih before that. Shanttoto II godly at low levels as a 2nd DD or Arciela II if you don't have space. She will burst sometimes but she can haste and refresh you too.

If played right, you can almost always start the fight with a WS, Zeid will end it and Shanttoto will double burst it. You can save enough TP for the next fight depending on levels.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-01-19 22:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

AA MR from 15 till whenever she stops murdering stuff with SA/TA WSs. SA or TA Calamity tends to 1shot stuff for quite some time and since you are the tank, it is very easy to line up your choice.

As a PLD the team of pick 5 BLMs also works from about 20 till 50ish. Hit mob, BLMs explode the mob, cure as needed, repeat from step 1.
By zixxer 2021-02-10 04:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Sakpata set, nice to meet you. :)
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 10:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakpata's Sword. Thank you, god.

BIS for Precast, Phalanx, Reprisal. HP dips just became a thing of the past with this beauty. Also, Sakpata's Cuisses. Just wow.

The entire Sakpata's set just face lifted PLD across the board. I sense fun times ahead.
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 10:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats a naked plds hp look like with stars and merits.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-10 10:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing everyone is missing with this set... LOOK AT THAT MEVA baby!
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 11:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, and only 30M for the whole set. I'd say that's just a teeny tiny bit better and more accessible than over 30+ Dyna D runs.

Just a tad.
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 11:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378015

Plug in the blanks with New Sakpata gear

719 meva. 3013hp, 30 da, haste cap. And nice chunk of acc.

Nice set for spamming atonement against buffed up dds? Thoughts?

Can prob swap the double moonlights with a moonbeam and jelly ring.

And slap on whatever shield is desired at the time.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 11:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting 2,994 HP here with those changes. Could have made a mistake somewhere though or it's just racial differences, /shrug. The HP drop is slightly worrying but the offensive and defensive capabilities are alluring. If you're /WAR, your DA would be at 80% with AM3 up. 90% if you have 10 DA on your cape. But if you have an 11 Fighter's Roll up, you'd be able to cap (or be 2% away from it) DA on either /BLU or /WAR without the 10 DA on the cape, so Store TP I guess.

Edit: I didn't brain.
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 11:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldve mathed wrong a bit. Did this all mentally. Still this new gear is very nice.
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
I'm getting 2,994 HP here with those changes. Could have made a mistake somewhere though or it's just racial differences, /shrug. The HP drop is slightly worrying but the offensive and defensive capabilities are alluring. If you're /WAR, your DA would be at 80% with AM3 up. 90% if you have 10 DA on your cape. But if you have an 11 Fighter's Roll up, you'd be able to cap (or be 2% away from it) DA on either /BLU or /WAR without the 10 DA on the cape, so Store TP I guess.

Just out of curiosity whats your acc look like with that set on.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 137 138 139