New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2016-11-29 02:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dig for Something Other Than Coal with the Chocobo Digging Campaign! (11/29/2016)

The following campaigns will commence on Sunday, December 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST)

Campaign Period: Sunday, December 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Saturday, December 31 at 6:59 a.m.

Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign

During the campaign, adventurers will have a chance to acquire new mysterious items whenever defeating a notorious monster on each floor.

Vagary Campaign

During this campaign, defeated monsters are more likely to drop the Etched Memory and Codex of Etchings items. Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield two additional rewards*.
Fabricated Ward of Biting Winds / Fabricated Ward of Miasma / Fabricated Ward of Impurity / Fabricated Ward of Ashen Wings / Fabricated Ward of the False King
* These are the same rewards as those available via the dialogue option ?Whatever the master deems worthy.?

Unity Wanted Campaign

During the campaign, completing Wanted I and Wanted II Records of Eminence objectives will yield 2 treasure chests of each type.

Wanted Dial Campaign

A new dial, the Wanted Dial, will be added to the Gobbie Mystery Box. This fresh addition can be spun once per day to receive one of the treasure coffers that drops from Wanted battle content. Additionally, the odds of the special dial yielding equipment will be boosted for the duration.
* Spinning the Wanted Dial does not cost any daily tally.
* 45 days must have passed since character creation in order to use the Gobbie Mystery Box.

Monster Rearing Campaign

Reared creatures will be twice as likely to transform during the campaign.

Chocobo Digging Skill Increase Campaign

Enjoy an increased chance for your chocobo digging skill to increase each time your chocobo digs.
* When run concurrently with the Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign, experience gains will be properly applied even though there are no changes in visual effects.

Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign

The time that rest pass between executing your next command after digging will be decreased.
* This does not apply if your skill is at its maximum.
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-11-29 05:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dig for Something Other Than Coal with the Chocobo Digging Campaign! (11/29/2016)

The following campaigns will commence on Sunday, December 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST)

Campaign Period: Sunday, December 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Saturday, December 31 at 6:59 a.m.

During the campaign, adventurers will have a chance to acquire new mysterious items whenever defeating a notorious monster on each floor.

Vagary Campaign

During this campaign, defeated monsters are more likely to drop the Etched Memory and Codex of Etchings items. Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield two additional rewards*.
Fabricated Ward of Biting Winds / Fabricated Ward of Miasma / Fabricated Ward of Impurity / Fabricated Ward of Ashen Wings / Fabricated Ward of the False King
* These are the same rewards as those available via the dialogue option ?Whatever the master deems worthy.?

Unity Wanted Campaign

During the campaign, completing Wanted I and Wanted II Records of Eminence objectives will yield 2 treasure chests of each type.

Wanted Dial Campaign

A new dial, the Wanted Dial, will be added to the Gobbie Mystery Box. This fresh addition can be spun once per day to receive one of the treasure coffers that drops from Wanted battle content. Additionally, the odds of the special dial yielding equipment will be boosted for the duration.
* Spinning the Wanted Dial does not cost any daily tally.
* 45 days must have passed since character creation in order to use the Gobbie Mystery Box.

Monster Rearing Campaign

Reared creatures will be twice as likely to transform during the campaign.

Chocobo Digging Skill Increase Campaign

Enjoy an increased chance for your chocobo digging skill to increase each time your chocobo digs.
* When run concurrently with the Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign, experience gains will be properly applied even though there are no changes in visual effects.

Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign

The time that rest pass between executing your next command after digging will be decreased.
* This does not apply if your skill is at its maximum.

Massive meh
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-29 05:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo digging? Rly?
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-29 06:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If Omen wasn't being released I would definitely not be subbed for December. Geez that is disappointing.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2016-11-29 07:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming the campaigns are weak because christmas and Omen coming out.
By Lyramion 2016-11-29 07:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen Chapter I Room I - WAR and MNK AF+2 - More content TBD !
[+]
 Bismarck.Funstealer
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2016-11-29 08:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more curious of what this means atm

Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-11-29 08:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Funstealer said: »

killing notorious monsters will drop a brown chest that contains a ??? +1 item which can be appraised into all sorts of items depending on the type of the unknown item. Floor 20/40/60/80/100 bosses will drop a ??? box +2 that can be appraised for ZNM triggers/Nyzul uncharted armor/alzaadal table/coin purses.

like a ??? sword +1 could turn into a Mimesis (lol....)
 Bismarck.Funstealer
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2016-11-29 08:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I guess they have had this campaign before lol my bad it did say adventurers will have a chance to acquire NEW mysterious items whenever defeating a notorious monster on each floor.

Is reason I was intrested. is there a chart of drops somewhere by chance?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-11-29 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Bismarck.Funstealer said: »

killing notorious monsters will drop a brown chest that contains a ??? +1 item which can be appraised into all sorts of items depending on the type of the unknown item. Floor 20/40/60/80/100 bosses will drop a ??? box +2 that can be appraised for ZNM triggers/Nyzul uncharted armor/alzaadal table/coin purses.

like a ??? sword +1 could turn into a Mimesis (lol....)

Yea. It's probably not new items that were previously unattainable from the ??? Boxes. Just a lazy copy and paste job. Like how they called the Wanted Dial a "New Dial", when we've had it before.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-29 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

People hyping themselves up far too much with Omen, it's guaranteed they will be disappointed. Either the execution or the rewards will be screwed up on release and it's going to take a few updates to get it fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-29 10:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy for vagary, hope it's going to temporarily and slightly drive prices down for stuff like varar ring, stikini ring and staunch tathlum
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-29 10:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too early to make any assumptions on the scale of the impending disappointment for content not even released yet. If SE stated that the current high-quality Abjuration armor is the creme of the crop for the foreseeable future, then it stands to reason the upcoming reforged armor upgrades will be situational at best and worthless at worst.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-29 11:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
People hyping themselves up far too much with Omen, it's guaranteed they will be disappointed. Either the execution or the rewards will be screwed up on release and it's going to take a few updates to get it fixed.

I think ^ means the rewards may be glitchy because they've never cared if content had mediocre rewards that I recall, or if the loot system was BS. As a matter of fact, they love drop-rates that keep you spamming the same event.

{Please look forward to it and back at it and only at this.}

In the end, free drop system among non-loothookers is best.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-29 11:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
It's too early to make any assumptions on the scale of the impending disappointment for content not even released yet. If SE stated that the current high-quality Abjuration armor is the creme of the crop for the foreseeable future, then it stands to reason the upcoming reforged armor upgrades will be situational at best and worthless at worst.

It's going to be the same way it's been for the last 13 years, each piece situational. Anything that enhances JA's will be solid, some other stuff could be useful depending on the job. None of it will be full time gear, none of it will be "replaces everything with EPIC stats". Anyone expecting pieces with stats higher then everything else they have will 100% be disappointed.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-29 11:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

I think ^ means the rewards may be glitchy because they've never cared if content had mediocre rewards that I recall, or if the loot system was BS. As a matter of fact, they love drop-rates that keep you spamming the same event.

{Please look forward to it and back at it and only at this.}

In the end, free drop system among non-loothookers is best.

Yeah I'm referring to the loot system being Voidwatch level randomness or the MB drops one upgrade material that you need 10 of per piece and its the only worthwhile drop. Delve probably had one of the best reward systems out there, you earned points for doing stuff that could be used to buy the drops if you didn't get it from the NM. You still had to have cleared the content but you weren't reliant on the Random non-Drop Generator or people lotting stuff for the job they might one day not-play.
[+]
By Ricon 2016-11-29 11:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm happy for vagary, hope it's going to temporarily and slightly drive prices down for stuff like varar ring, stikini ring and staunch tathlum

Unless the mats come down a lot don't expect it. My cost to craft stikini ring is 6.8m/synth, nq sells for 4m. 2.8m loss per synth is 150% not worth my time, I would drive that price to about 6m nq. 800k loss, 1/64 hq rate, it still puts the hq at 550m to profit enough to justify doing the synth. Currently an hq will cost you 180m in losses so do everyone a favor and lower the mats.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-29 14:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ricon said: »
Unless the mats come down a lot don't expect it.
Define "a lot".
Mats will go down, they always did on all the Vagary campaigns.
I can't say if it will be a huge difference or not, but then again I wasn't talking about huge differences in price either. I didn't use the word "slightly" randomly :)

The rest of what you're saying makes sense but I don't think it's how crafting works, because servers are full of dumb people who sell at loss, undercutting everybody else.
Each time some rich people decides to buy 2000000 mats to try for HQ, he's gonna put a huge amount of NQ on the market, and to sell them fast he needs to undercut the price, and selling at a loss but faster is usually better than waiting months for sales or to NPC them.
That's how a lot of people reason, and it's exactely what happens for a lot of items for many professions, alas.

So yes, I exactely expect this to happen in december, especially because the other campaigns aren't anything special so all those RMTs and people who usually make gil benefitting from campaigns, will focus on Vagary.
Again, I don't expect a huge difference at all, but I'm pretty confident there *will* be a difference.

Time will tell, of course ;)
By Chyula 2016-11-30 13:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SE give us a crap december campaign so we can all stop playing FFXI and go play Hack and Slash XV.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-12-01 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
With the announcement of further artifact reforging that is on the way with Omen in the December version update, it's natural to be curious whether or not the item level will be increased.
As mentioned during the Reddit AMA, the development team is not planning to increase the item level cap past 119. They feel that even at item level 119, the equipment currently available, as well as equipment coming in the future, has a wide variety of options and power, which can be used as stepping stones for increasingly difficult content levels.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-12-02 02:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade:

Quote:
We'll be bringing the gear vouchers back soon as a permanent reward option! We're hoping to add this in the version update to follow the December version update.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-12-02 03:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
SE give us a crap december campaign so we can all stop playing FFXI and go play Hack and Slash XV.
Once we've paid for it, why would they care if we still play it? Unless they chuck in a lot of DLC or micro-transactions.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-02 03:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In hindsight, I think "Campaigns" have been a dangerous and cheap instruments for them to offer some breath of life into the game without having to work hard on any real content.

They've used it too much, and as a result they've spoiled us, so much that now we demand exceptional campaigns every month. Myself included of course.
When you get spoiled to these levels, it's unavoidable to expect such level every month.
At the saem time that's impossible, because what makes something exceptional, is that it stands out among a context that's non-exceptional.
If everything is "exceptional" then nothing stands out anymore and soon it loses its "exceptional" power and becomes "normal".

It's sorta what's been happening here, with the CP bonuses first, now with the rest.
I think it's kinda backfiring on them. They should've used the campaign as a more secondary, less important instrument, focusing on other means to keep our interest high, but of course that would've required more resources on their side and, alas, this is what we get instead.
[+]
By Lyramion 2016-12-02 05:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They gave a patient on life support some drugs and now he is addicted - so what?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Calinari 2016-12-02 11:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of a campaign people has a general rule have zero interest in any events.

You won't see more than 1 or 2 shouts for vagary/infailsion/htb(aside from levi).

Hell you really don't even see escha shouts, even though it's the only content. They really shot themselves in the foot.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-12-02 11:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People are doing content. They're just doing it with their LS or group as opposed to shouting - in most cases.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-03 00:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In hindsight, I think "Campaigns" have been a dangerous and cheap instruments for them to offer some breath of life into the game without having to work hard on any real content.

On the one hand, you make a lot of really insightful points. On the other hand, CHOCOBO DIGGING?? COME ON, S-E.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-03 01:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaigns are great when they drum up interest in old and otherwise obsolete content like Nyzul, Strongholds, or level 99 BCs. Not that everything should put out Hexed -1s, but it's easy to make quality campaigns like these ones.

Can't blame people for finding default Voidwatch or Incursion or CP or Merit BCs or Escha Dragons not worthwhile without a campaign making things tolerable though.
[+]
 Shiva.Jongalt
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Jongalt 2016-12-03 01:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with the campaigns many are just burned out of the game. I have to learn how to say good bye.
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 201 202 203