9yo Ran To Death?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » 9yo ran to death?
9yo ran to death?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-11 10:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
there is a drastic difference between telling someone to take a lap (or w/e exercise) as a punishment and exercising them to the point where they fall over and are near death... and telling them to do more.

Quote:
Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation
And that pretty much is a definition of abuse and/or endangerment.

Nah dude, You can walk into any high school gym and see kids punished for missing free throws, dropping a pass, fumbling a football, or even being disrespectful in class. Coach will run them until they vomit ***or even pass out.
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2015-03-11 10:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This has to be one of the weirdest stories i've ever read.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-11 10:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
No, it's definitely excessive.

Even running a child to exhaustion as a form of punishment is extremely abusive.

You clearly never played a sport that required endurance.. cross country, Basketball, Soccer, Football. I notice you talk allot of sh** that you have no clue about just to try and sound intelligent.
Try reading, retard.

Football was already mentioned, early morning industrial kitchen work, and I've been weightlifting since grade 7.

Creating and upping endurance is one thing, but it's amazing how you can simply flip from one stance to another so fast. Particularly when the key part missed, is that this child was punished 3 years after the incident has passed.

I've done cross country fitness, played basketball all during Junior High (tiring, but not exhausting, big difference legally and medically), and so forth.

So who's really sounding like a dumbass here?

You really like to resort to name calling when you're challenged huh? I do believe that would make you the mentally challenged individual here sir.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-03-11 10:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to die from exhaustion just reading all these comments. Stop abusing me people!!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2015-03-11 10:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree Halt. This whole thread is ridiculous.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-11 10:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
I agree Halt. This whole thread is ridiculous.

It's no longer about the thread trust me. It's really about Bloodrose posting a bunch a bullsh** at this point.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-11 10:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You are a god damn *** idiot, aren't you?

is blindingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to say the least, let alone your lack of knowledge on legal practices and information.
See, you're the moron making the assumption

I knew you were dense, but holy ***.

^-This is all from a single post on page 1 -^

We should trust Bloodrose for sure! He clearly has intimate knowledge of abuse given his propensity to use abusive language!
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-11 12:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
We should trust Bloodrose for sure! He clearly has intimate knowledge of abuse given his propensity to use abusive language!

Its a side effect of being right'
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-03-11 18:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

there is a drastic difference between telling someone to take a lap (or w/e exercise) as a punishment and exercising them to the point where they fall over and are near death... and telling them to do more.

Quote:
Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation

Nah dude, You can walk into any high school gym and see kids punished for missing free throws, dropping a pass, fumbling a football, or even being disrespectful in class. Coach will run them until they vomit ***or even pass out.
Just because they do it, doesn't make it legal or right to do so.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-03-11 21:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Quote:

Just because they do it, doesn't make it legal or right to do so.

Off topic, I know, but a little over ten years it was legal. (In the case of the nine-year-old I think it was torture. Just wanted to clarify. I was honestly bewildered by the fact that this happened in February of 2012, rather than a Summer month, because that would have made more sense, though, this was completely senseless to begin with.) Running "hills" and "North Carolinas" as punishment for the fault of one individual is brought upon the collective is common.

I don't know if some of you are familiar with "Circle of Death", but that is common in athletics on mat drill days, despite gender. The only difference is there are flags for the ladies and it's simply "no holds barred" for the gents. It's basically being pitted against someone within similar abilities (weight/agility/endurance) by coaches, wrestling and sparring with an audience creating the secondary circle.
By palladin9479 2015-03-11 21:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Actually ....

It's called "smoking" and is frequently used as "corrective training", aka punishment, for minor non-judicial infractions. Rather then deal with the Article 15 paperwork the first line supervisor (Corporal / Sergent) will attempt to correct the defective behavior. I know this because I've personally smoked the f*cking sh!t out of some stupid privates before. There is an entire list of exercises that do this very well, The Thinker, Front Back Go's, and various forms of lunges, flutter kicks and the venerable pushups. A good thirty minutes of this will have any soldier exhausted and at muscle failure (the point where they can no longer continue the exercise), you then employ something like the Thinker which is low-intensity but incredibly uncomfortable. Let them rest for a few minutes and provide water, then start it all over again.

Anyhow Bloodrose is horribly wrong in that he's taking the prosecutions words, interpreting them and then treating them as a verdict. That's some old world type justice, where the prosecutor, judge and jury was essentially the same person.

We'll wait and see what happens, more will come out and in the end she could indeed be guilty of the crimes she is being charged with, or she could be guilty of lessor ones.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-03-12 02:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Forced labor (for children or adults) has not been legal in the US for a long time. The article doesn't carry many details but I find it interesting that she was carrying firewood at one point. It reminds me of many stories from children who survived WWII concentration camps.

Many concentration camps (from WWII and during other conflicts) have required prisoners to run while carrying stones or wood from one side of yard to another as a form of punishment and a way to exhaust them.

Quote:
Gruelling and pointless physical exercise was one of the methods of "wearing the inmates down". Here a group of prisoners are forced to play "leap frog".

Quote:
"Stairs of Death" Prisoners forced to carry a granite block up 186 steps to the top of the quarry.

There is a major difference from doing this (physical endurance exercises) with a group of athletes who can quit and leave the field, a group of adults who can ask to see a commanding officer, and forcing a child who is under your control.

I've seen teenagers run themselves into exhaustion and collapse during a hot day in FL. However, this was not forced on them and none of the coaches at the track meet were charged with child abuse. Those teenagers did have serious lectures on figuring out their limits and drinking enough water.

This article doesn't contain enough details for me: how long was ahe forced to run, what were the conditions outside, what was her physical health (did she have asthma, recent chest cold, etc).

After doing a quick google search an article from cnn after the arrest in 2012 stated that she was made to run for 3 hours with no water. According to US News the grandmothers story has changed multiple times.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-12 02:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Godwin'd.

/thread
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-03-12 03:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/rollseyes

I didn't mention Hitler or Nazis or compare anyone to those people. I mentioned WWII. Godwin is not just mentioning WWII.

Edit: I could have said soviet union camps or north korea but I remember reading several books specifically about concentration camps during WWII that required moving stones or wood.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-12 03:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You would have better off going with North Korea labor camps.

Who ordered the building of concentrations camps during WWII?