users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1258] Job Adjustments
[dev1258] Job Adjustments
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-03-04 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Making MND the dStat for Blind is kind of bizarre.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-04 09:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
SE needs to nerf Rudra back to how it used to be, but give it a special property where it keeps its current fTP only during a crit. Seeing 12-16k rudras without SA or TA when 2h jobs can barely hit 7-9k is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. 1h jobs get tp just as fast, if not faster than 2h jobs because they're running around with like 30% triple attack and 20% double attack and crazy dual wield sets. I tp on my thf just as fast as any non mythic dd, and do to all these additional hits i get, i'd wager faster.
Rudras is fine, for once we have more than 1 high tier job (Thf, Dnc, Blu, Sam). Thf TP gain is no where near as good as Sam or Blu and they also need to hold TP to 1750+, a good Sam will Fudo 2-3x for every Rudras a Thf puts out. They need to focus on buffing jobs to be on par with the current big 4, not nerf a job out of usefulness again.

Not to mention now that absorbs are fixed, Thf needs everything they can get because Drk will be #1! /s
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-04 09:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
As silence does no damage and is single target, blue magic should operate differently as it does aoe damage and applies a negative status(es) simultaneously.

The spell also applies blind at the same time, so it being less potent is a fair expectation.
Auroral Drape doesn't do damage it also has a longer cast time a full minute recast time a 51 mp cost, is level 84 and costs us 4 set points and one set slot to even set.

The balance is there already. I don't even care if they make it last the lowest possible duration, as long as its static.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-04 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how the PUP changes will work in-game. I'd love to bring my puppetmaster back, but the job has some irritating things about it that stop me from doing so, and maneuver duration is one of them. A serious buff to maneuver duration would be fantastic for solo play and farming! If it's just a minor duration increase, meh. On the other hand, if duration goes all the way to like 5 minutes, that'd be fantastic.

I'd rather you could set "loadouts" of maneuvers to be honest, and they'd just stay in place indefinitely like a stance, with a 1 or 2 minute cooldown to keep things honest.

Asura.Celoria said: »
WHERE THE HELL IS THE 2 HAND WS UPDATE ALREADY!

+1

There's virtually no reason to play a 2hander right now outside of some fights on SAM like Return to Delfkutt's or Yorcia delve. I could literally play dancer 100% of the time, from farming to high-tier fights to Delve.

Feels bad man.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-04 09:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why people appear to see the maneuver buff as useful. The main reason we wanted such a buff in the past was for handling our forced JA delay which no longer exists making this buff... Well pretty pointless. The only benefit I see for it is for people who don't enjoy the micromanaging that makes the job what it is.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-04 09:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they only removed the animation lock, not the ja delay too.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-04 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

It will probably have a pretty healthy MP cost, but I'm also guessing that the potency of the attack based on summoning magic skill will have a much longer duration than casting Impact from the cloak.

That will need testing, as far as far as I am aware summoning magic skill never had any influence on debuff potency nor duration.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-04 10:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I thought they only removed the animation lock, not the ja delay too.
Last I knew testing concluded the delay had been removed as well. I could be wrong on that since I never truly tested it myself and don't currently have the means to.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-04 10:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
SE needs to nerf Rudra back to how it used to be, but give it a special property where it keeps its current fTP only during a crit. Seeing 12-16k rudras without SA or TA when 2h jobs can barely hit 7-9k is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. 1h jobs get tp just as fast, if not faster than 2h jobs because they're running around with like 30% triple attack and 20% double attack and crazy dual wield sets. I tp on my thf just as fast as any non mythic dd, and do to all these additional hits i get, i'd wager faster.
Rudras is fine, for once we have more than 1 high tier job (Thf, Dnc, Blu, Sam). Thf TP gain is no where near as good as Sam or Blu and they also need to hold TP to 1750+, a good Sam will Fudo 2-3x for every Rudras a Thf puts out. They need to focus on buffing jobs to be on par with the current big 4, not nerf a job out of usefulness again.
Incidentally, with a Vajra, for WSs not using SA or TA, a THF usually does much better just using Mandalic Stab at 1000% TP repeatedly than holding for Rudra's.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-04 10:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »

It will probably have a pretty healthy MP cost, but I'm also guessing that the potency of the attack based on summoning magic skill will have a much longer duration than casting Impact from the cloak.

That will need testing, as far as far as I am aware summoning magic skill never had any influence on debuff potency nor duration.

It does though, particularly in cases such as Perfect Defense.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-03-04 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »
10:O0+ Hastega II go go go.

My expectation is that they will probably raise the cap from 500, which in my case (pending what the stats on the revamped Empyrian gear will be) keeping the current skill to Ward time formula as it is would add 61 seconds on those buffs if I were to cast them in my Full skill/PD set.
In either case I have no reason to be unhappy about it.

Quote:
That also saves me dragging a Twilight Cloak around with me in future.

Not lying, regardless of if it will be as potent as a mage casting it or not; This one has me stoked the most.
A pessimistic side of me however is for some reason expecting that this BP will also cost 666 MP.

The biggest problem I see with this is that we don't get to see when our avatar's debuffs wear off, so if it's resisted and the effect wears off almost immediately, well then, no knowing when we'll need to reapply the effect.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-03-04 10:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As i posted in the pup forums.

Its pretty pointless as we dont currently overload that often, and the ja delay (not just the animation) was removed. The only thing it will currently do is reduce overload rates since you are using maneuvers less often.

Its very easy to see for me as i roll with rdm pet + ulmia so i am always capped on haste, and with AM3 up, if i popped a maneuver, you would see a 3 second gap with no attacks, but it is a constant stream.

Now if in the future, they increase potency of maneuvers as a pet has been deployed longer, it would be amazing. Getting the effect of 3x wind with only 1 wind maneuver because you have manged to keep 1 pet alive for 20+ minutes would be amazing.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-04 10:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Incidentally, with a Vajra, for WSs not using SA or TA, a THF usually does much better just using Mandalic Stab at 1000% TP repeatedly than holding for Rudra's.
The Thf and Dnc mythics change a lot, however very few people have them and even less people that have them know how to use them so in reality it matters very little. If Thf stays strong for 8+ months and we see a huge bandwagon of Vajras like we did Kogas, there may be a problem, right now there really isn't.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-04 10:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware Perfect Defense was a debuff. ;)

@Garota,

Yeah, you're right about that.
It's impossible for us to see when our debuffs wear off, but a baseline can be established by testing on other people. >:)
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-03-04 10:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

It's possible that it was intended, however strange it was. It was discovered with testing on Distract that dMND determined its potency rather than INT despite it being a black magic spell. Maybe it's a trend? Then again, it could simply be a typo. Who knows, until it can be tested?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-04 10:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
and the ja delay (not just the animation) was removed.

Have you tested this to verify? I haven't been on PUP since the change.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-04 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware Perfect Defense was a debuff. ;)

@Garota,

Yeah, you're right about that.
It's impossible for us to see when our debuffs wear off, but a baseline can be established by testing on other people. >:)

You said debuff NOR duration - implying two different topics. I was commenting on the latter.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-04 10:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You've misssed a word, and I sswear that I didn't ninja that in later. :)
By dustinfoley 2015-03-04 11:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
dustinfoley said: »
and the ja delay (not just the animation) was removed.

Have you tested this to verify? I haven't been on PUP since the change.

dustinfoley said:
Its very easy to see for me as i roll with rdm pet + ulmia so i am always capped on haste, and with AM3 up, if i popped a maneuver, you would see a 3 second gap with no attacks, but it is a constant stream.

Did you read my post? If so let me expand it a bit to be more clear.

With haste 2 + march + KKK + dispersal mantle, i cap h2h delay at 96 or w/e the delay is. Throw up AM3, and it is a non stop steam of attack.
If i use berserk-> 3 second gap with no attacks
If i use a maneuver-> No gap/animation (other than hands glowing)
By Heimdel 2015-03-04 12:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Summoner
New blood pacts will be added to the following avatars.
Diabolos
Blindside (SMN Lv.99, single target Blood Pact: Rage)
Deals physical damage.
Fenrir
Impact (SMN Lv.99, single target Blood Pact: Rage)
Deals dark damage that lowers an enemy's Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence, Mind, and Charisma.

Cait Sith
Regal Gash (SMN Lv.99, single target Blood Pact: Rage)
Delivers a threefold attack.
The areas of effect of the following blood pacts will be increased.

Shining Ruby / Glittering Ruby / Healing Ruby II / Soothing Ruby /
Ecliptic Growl / Ecliptic Howl / Heavenward Howl / Crimson Howl /
Inferno Howl / Earthen Ward / Earthen Armor / Spring Water /
Soothing Current / Whispering Wind / Hastega / Aerial Armor / Fleet Wind /
Hastega II / Frost Armor / Crystal Blessing / Rolling Thunder /
Lightning Armor / Noctoshield / Dream Shroud

The duration of blood pacts whose effect durations are extended by the player's summoning magic skill will be increased.
The activation time of all blood pacts will be reduced.

The effects of Glittering Ruby will no longer decrease over time.

Wait... Wat wat wat wat wat.

Smn is becoming more and more a job to take on events. They already starting do good dmg on bns and now this.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-04 15:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

It's possible that it was intended, however strange it was. It was discovered with testing on Distract that dMND determined its potency rather than INT despite it being a black magic spell. Maybe it's a trend? Then again, it could simply be a typo. Who knows, until it can be tested?

Anything that has variable potency is dMND in the enfeebling spectrum so far, so it kinda makes sense from that standpoint.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-04 16:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say nerf it back to exactly how it was. I like how the ftp per tp goes up as tp increases that should stay. However I agree it should not be the best unstacked ws. It should still start at the same base ftp before 3.75, but after that be 9.5 at 2000 and 13 at 3000. Then all they have to do is have the added damage from sneak attack and trick attack be added in before the ftp of a ws and it will still do a good enough amount of damage while stacked.

Then for the best unstacked ws they should bump the ftp of evisceration to 2.25, and the dex mod to 80%
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-04 17:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

[quote="Bismarck.Zuidar"

Bard
* Adding the new spell Orchestra
- Orchestra takes more than one bard to cast in the same party. It summons down multiple singing and dancing Behemoths while Chainspelling Meteor.

This needs to happen!
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-04 17:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly can't think of many times where I actually cast etudes unless there's a brd rotation or, if a DD explicitly requests it(though sometimes i CHR etude myself when i'm at max m.acc and cannot land a debuff(like lullaby in Tenzen fight) or elegy on 133+ gramk.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-04 18:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Smn is becoming more and more a job to take on events. They already starting do good dmg on bns and now this.
The only thing keeping SMN back from being considered for stuff is the preexisting bias of the community. (cause it's been able to deal good damage and give good buffs and enfeebles for a good while now)

Like, even now, I'll get put on book duty in PUG A!Yorcia because I'm on SMN. (not that I'm really complaining about that... cause.. I actually enjoy doing the book and I always make sure to follow my babies to know when to poke the stroghold.)
Even though SMN one shots every elemental and butterflies with a single BP... Which you'd think would be really favored, especially on later floors where those first kills are the most important.
But I get stuck on book as I watch BLMs die over and over bitching about how bad they are because they don't have a WHM to run behind them and curespam them. (it's called SS, can you use it?)

Even in my LS... was doing lowman DM2... so.. Scherzo+EA is kinda a big deal... especially as long as EV is alive. (And I swear that she Arrogance Incarnates more the less people there are... >_<)
"And the SMN will.... why did we bring a SMN?"
le sign..............
SMN's biggest problem is the community... and that's not really ever gonna change until the community starts noticing that our BPs scale extremely well to their WSs. (Though OBVIOUSLY once their WSs start getting buffs, they pull ahead.)

Also: they forgot Ultimate Terror in their "no more decaying +stat" effects... :(
It was a baby!impact...
but now we have the real thing! >:D (hopefully... SMNs should always be cautious about good news...)
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-03-04 18:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A third Half the dumbass community in this game believes RUN can't tank.

I can't imagine them taking jobs like SMN, PUP etc. that actually require:

A) A person with extreme amounts of dedication.
B) Brains
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-04 18:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually don't like your posts for their caustic nature, Urteil.
But this time I can't help but agree 10000000%.

Though I think PUP is in more "dire straits" than RUN or SMN are in. (It could use some more love in other words... then again, I'm not sure of the state of their automaton's WSs since the last bump... still, automatons are less durable/disposable than avatars and pets... so I think they could use... more. Dunno what specifically. But more.)

And RUN's biggest problem is that people try and be a crappy DD with RUN instead of gearing it for tanking. (As in barely any, if at all PDT... which RUN kinda really sorely needs thanks to it's light armor class. But then that's the same as a PLD not using any DT or a NIN not casting/having utsusemi...)
It's also in a strange position where the hands down, absolute best sub for it is a job that before RUN I would have said was a 100% waste of a subjob: BLU.
Sure there was a bit where DRK/BLU was a quirky silly little thing... "look at all my drains," but it was never a serious job combo.
RUN/BLU is... astonishingly, crack.
NEVER did I think there would be a day where I could consider /BLU as not only worthwhile for more than shits and giggles, but as an absolute best subjob...
But here we are.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-04 18:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Like, even now, I'll get put on book duty in PUG A!Yorcia because I'm on SMN. (not that I'm really complaining about that... cause.. I actually enjoy doing the book and I always make sure to follow my babies to know when to poke the stroghold.)

Anyone can do book. SMN is specifically good at it because of Blood Pacts, but it's nowhere near required.

Quote:
Even though SMN one shots every elemental and butterflies with a single BP... Which you'd think would be really favored, especially on later floors where those first kills are the most important.

SMN is bad for elemental killing. We can't AoE and we only kill 1 mob per 30 seconds, better if we sub SCH with Dark Arts, but still poor. Actual nukers can clear through mobs MUCH faster. My GEO, which has by no means the best nuking gear, creams through them by one shotting them with 80% fast cast, AND can do AoE.

You shouldn't be using SMN for this unless you have nothing better.

Quote:
SMN's biggest problem is the community

There's also the fact that many of them have no idea what they're doing, don't follow the guides and information we post on the SMN thread, and all assume they are badass when they usually suck. I can't tell you how many Summoners, Nirvana or not, I party with and I just can't help facepalming. Between their gear, their absolutely terrible damage parses, very odd choice of ability usage, and lack of proper gearswapping (or swapping at all), they are nowhere near as good or useful as they claim.

I don't like hating on my own kind, but it's ridiculous. So many Summoners in game think they're like sosuperOP and then they clearly have no idea what they're doing. I have so much proof of this, but a fine example is the number of them that try to argue Shomonjijoe is useful when they don't even have Nirvana. Without Nirvana, Shomonjijoe is only good for the Refresh, and even then, very difficult to use (useless for the MATK).

If you can't figure this stuff out for yourself, you don't have to. All the information is in the Summoner thread, posted by others and even me as well, but people just don't listen.
[+]