Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » A question about damage
A question about damage
By Genesic 2015-02-22 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Thf, sam and mnk are the top 3. But if all the classes of ffxi were ranked in their ability to do damage from lowest to highest. Would Dragoon be equal with stuff like dark knight or warrior? Or slightly higher/lower?

Im lvling both dark knight and dragoon , and i have no knowledge of "endgame" events other than I know thf, sam, and mnk are the top.

I already know drk can do respectable dmg but i dont know that in relation to a drg.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 15:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Like any job, depend mostly of what gear youre using and whats your best ws. Just the advent of senbaak nagan put drk above anyhing else in early delve. The oatixur placed mnk above others dds. A single change of rudra changed daggers users from bellow any heavy dd to top dd. It was the same with sam, a single change of fudo skyrocked sam above all dds. That said, since 2013, aside the overall buff to all ws, gaxe, gsword, polearm, h2h ws remained the same relatively.

Its not absurd to think sooner or later it will be those weapons turn to upgrade those ws, and that can change all hierarchy.

For now, probably the diference between war, drg, drk is so close you can pull ahead or below depending of your gear, jas usage, etc.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-22 15:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd definitely put BLU ahead of MNK these days, and even SAM when skillchains aren't easy to accomplish. DRG is not too bad, and can perform quite well as long as you're geared properly and know how to play it. Hopefully SE will be updating 2h DDs soon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-22 16:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Im lvling both dark knight and dragoon , and i have no knowledge of "endgame" events other than I know thf, sam, and mnk are the top.

No offense to the OP, but if this is all you know, or what you really believe, my guess is it won't matter what DD you level. Don't be fooled into thinking because people are 'saying' xyz jobs are the best, that means you'll automatically fall into that category. Most of the time these spreadsheets consider perfect gear and scenarios. If you're an average player trying to maximize your damage, pick a job and trick it out. Learn to play the job well rather than worrying about who may or may not outdamage you.

And MNK is pretty much sh*t right now. The fact that most people don't even consider DNC/DRK/DRG in the top DD tier is absolutely horrendous, albeit expected due to job ignorance.
By mortontony1 2015-02-22 17:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The fact that most people don't even consider DNC/DRK/DRG/BLU in the top DD tier is absolutely horrendous, albeit expected due to job ignorance.

If you enjoy the mechanics of a job more than fudo/rudra's spamming then odds are you either will do better than those jobs or damn close. I had always wanted to play with blu previously despite the (still somewhat continuing trend) of lolblu, did and fell in love with it, then bam, 1H update. Thank you SE.
By Genesic 2015-02-22 23:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the helpful info :)