Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 175 176 177
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-06 09:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
I did say a lot and not all of our concerns. I guess you can be nitpicky about if it constitutes a lot but that's semantics. The general consensus is a lot of us seem to not like the current state of BST. Versus it being a regional thing.
ニトピキーじゃないよ.
I was pointing out how the general consensus between JP and ENG playerbases aren't really on the same page.
ENG: we want to be backline again.
JP: I'm fine with being frontline, but this has major issues that needs to be addressed for that to work.
While not liking the current state is agreed upon, the direction that the job should be moved in is rather, overall, diametrically opposed, with some exception.

Spaitin said: »
Unless the augments are pretty extreme, the only jobs that are likely to get better are the jobs that can use montante.
They're going to be equal to +2 Ambuscade gear in terms of power. (That means little for accessories and weapons, but I think we can assume that Kaja tier for weapons is about what we can expect, given those being fully 119.)
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-03-06 11:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
While not liking the current state is agreed upon, the direction that the job should be moved in is rather, overall, diametrically opposed, with some exception.
I disagree. Distance is a major issue but still 1 issue. My comment was regarding a lot of similarities voicing current issues with the state of BST not suggestions to fix BST. You're overanalyzing my comment and we're arguing semantics.
 Asura.Epigram
Server: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-03-06 12:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been updating my beast gear lately, and blowing the dust of my close to 14 year old Guttler. However, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what content I can do without gimping myself or my party. I could effectively perform as a melee in a pet party, but I'm not sure why a pet party would want a front liner... Any ideas?
By clearlyamule 2020-03-06 15:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also argue most of the non bandwagon ENG bst players are fine with being front line just make the distance reasonable and make the moves actually work when they are supposed ya know actually design the restrictions based on actually achieving that goal. As is bst still can be backline just fine while still having problems with the pet while meleeing
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-06 19:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
You're overanalyzing my comment and we're arguing semantics.
I didn't realize 1 ≠ 3 was "semantics".
Truly, I am in awe of your complete and utter comprehension of my own actions and understanding. You must know me better than I know myself. You should write my responses in this or any discussion for me from now on.
O'nen.

clearlyamule said: »
non bandwagon ENG bst players
Most, probably. Though they certainly are the "loudest" about "muh distance". Though I would also add "and the lazy", because
clearlyamule said: »
As is bst still can be backline just fine
Isn't really the case, from what I've seen. If sic/ready had ~3' more, then BST would be able to perfectly fine. (That would also help with fat NMs and "not really" being in position due to server derp.)

There's also the issue of "if I use a pet: DT set, then I have no DT" and vice versa, which limits BST as is from playing "backline" ala PUP and SMN. (cause it's still in range)
Honestly, BST should simply be brought in line to how PUP can do both; and those 3' would go a long way to making that possible. (And having mirrored stats on gear like most PUP stuff has would too.)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-06 20:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

the self-gratification is strong in this thread
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-03-06 22:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently so. Fae I respect your contributions to the FFXI community but sincerely chill out. You misinterpreted my comment and ran with it emotionally because you want to demonstrate yet again you're the Japanese translator.

I use a lot as a synonym for multiple and that's all it is. JPs don't like multiple things we don't like about the state of BST. There's your rewording. You can keep derailing but I'm not going to.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-06 23:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, read the threads, they mostly mirror the English threads.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-07 01:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Epigram said: »
I've been updating my beast gear lately, and blowing the dust of my close to 14 year old Guttler. However, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what content I can do without gimping myself or my party. I could effectively perform as a melee in a pet party, but I'm not sure why a pet party would want a front liner... Any ideas?

You can be a melee in any party, or a dps in a pet party as long as mechanics don't make that impossible (like Odin HTBF for instance). You'll have to put more work in, but many frontline DD players aren't particularly good so you aren't totally out in the cold.

I don't know about Guttler. Doli/Decimation is king of melee damage and that should be the goal, especially as easy as it is to gear around.
By mhomho 2020-03-07 05:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 365662

FaeQueenCory said: »
if I use a pet: DT set, then I have no DT"
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2020-03-07 10:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since the devs asked for specific jugs that we wanted enchanced, I went thru the jug list and made a post naming all of the non-ilvl jug pets that have a unique reason to be bumped to ilvl. Everyone who's not banned should like my post on OF here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56445-February-2020-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest?p=625119&viewfull=1#post625119

Don't think that I missed any, but speak up if I did. XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-03-07 11:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a like. Pondering Peter is 118 cap IIRC, needs it too. I'd love to see one of the rabbits get Wild Ginseng from Rarabs in Monstrosity. Blink, Haste, Protect, Shell, Regen.

Edit: Gooey Gerard (Slug) as well.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2020-03-08 14:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370885

Could use some help with my Primal set.

Mask: Macc20/MAB50
Legs: Macc17/MAB37
Feet: Macc12/MAB15/WSD7

Have no idea which rings to use, most seem trivial at best.

I also have Vmitts w/Macc24/WSD9

So far I'm not seeing great numbers with Primal Rend on content that matters with or without storms. Thanks.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-08 18:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
ItemSet 370885

Have no idea which rings to use, most seem tivial at best.

So far I'm not seeing great numbers with Primal Rend on content that matters with or without storms. Thanks.

Not a Bst Expert but I'd say weatherspoon ring is definitely gonna take the cake for primal rend. The other ring...no clue
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-09 19:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

hopefully some of these shields/axes get pet augments tonight. That would be big.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-09 22:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Habilitator +1 has always been underwhelming. Wouldn't mind if that got some rockin bonuses
By Spaitin 2020-03-09 23:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They need something insane though. like pet accuracy and attack + 100% and damage taken minus 20% and 50% TA for the pet lol.
By shamgi 2020-03-10 02:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Buramph +1 gets
+30DMG
+25 ACC and MACC
Pet +30 ACC and MACC
By shamgi 2020-03-10 02:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, didn't test, but mobs here check as EM and didn't seem to be NMs. It's entirely possible this is content that charm can be a viable strategy.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 03:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier to just sleep the mobs instead of charming them. Probably use the goat run in and pull a few and sleep them then go to town.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-10 10:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
ItemSet 370885

Have no idea which rings to use, most seem trivial at best.

The guide set for Primal Rend is up to date.

Looking at unity upgraded gear for bst...

Handler's earring is kinda meh buff, but I'll take it anyway. might be easier pet acc/macc slot that enmerkar or kyrene's and inventory +1 as well.

The most interesting unity gear augments I think are actually

Augury Cuisses +1 Oh! looks like Falkirk already updates sets for these. Very nice. 46 MAB and better chr/dex than Valorous Hose. better str/mnd combo for

Sailfi Belt +1 replaces metalsinger for calamity/mistral axe

lugra earring +1 need to check if this takes BiS for Ruinator. all that str is quite good.

Unmoving Colllar +1 wow! look at that hp!

Gelatinous Ring +1 ... wow! look at that hp!

Macabre gauntlets +1 mainly for the status resistance +10, though I'm not sure how stat resistance would compare to meva on malignance gloves
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-10 10:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC the effect of status resist is diminished on NMs?

Augury Cuisses +1 are the big winner this month, an easy non-DM Primal Rend/Cloudsplitter piece.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-10 11:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

Augury Cuisses +1 are the big winner this month, an easy non-DM Primal Rend/Cloudsplitter piece.

Well, I don't know if they are 'easier' or faster to get than a good augment on Valorous, but they are better.

its hard to get above 46 mab on valorous, but even if you do, you have significantly better stats for chr/dex and str/mnd on the augury cuisses.

Iirc I have 47 mab right now on my valorous cuisses. but unless I get some really great chr/dex to go with it the augury will win.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2020-03-10 12:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Well, I don't know if they are 'easier' or faster to get than a good augment on Valorous, but they are better.
I did some quick, heuristic math. I only looked at Cloudsplitter because it is easier for Valor to be competitive. I made a fairly major assumption that one did not obtain relevant WSC mods on Valor augments. The point of this analysis was to determine if the effort of obtaining augments needed is worth the effort of doing so. I compared the two pieces ceteris paribus.

In order for Valorous to be better, you need damn near perfect dark matter augments. In this instance you need high values of both MAB and WSD for Valorous to be better, max of either augment requires the other to still be sufficiently high in order to see better results. For example, 47MAB would require +3WSD to be better.

So Valor can absolutely be better, significantly so if you managed to get dream tier augments. But they are dream-tier Dark Matter augments. Unless you have nothing else worth augmenting, it probably isn't worth it to waste free dark matter augments trying to improve this slot. It almost certainly isn't worth it to spend Dark Matter trying to get it.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-03-10 12:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
it is, its halved. If not for malignance it would be your best pair of meva gloves, as theyre tied with the volte set, just 1 under actually. since you have that its a secondary option if you wanted HP/cure pot i guess? More of a pld boost than anything
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-03-10 13:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Food Update:

FoodMaster StatsPet Stats
Bean DaifukuHP+20, VIT+5,
Accuracy+10% (Cap: 80)
Pet: HP+20, VIT+5,
Accuracy+10% (Cap: 105)
Defense+10% (Cap: 100)
Haste+3%
Bean Daifuku +1HP+30, VIT+7,
Accuracy+11% (Cap: 85)
Pet: HP+30, VIT+7,
Accuracy+11% (Cap: 110)
Defense+11% (Cap: 105)
Haste+4%
Grape DaifukuHP+20, STR+2, VIT+3,
Attack+10% (Cap: 50)
MAB+3
Pet: HP+20, STR+2, VIT+3,
Attack+10% (Cap: 75)
MAB+14
Grape Daifuku +1HP+30, STR+3, VIT+4,
Attack+11% (Cap: 55)
MAB+4
Pet: HP+30, STR+3, VIT+4,
Attack+11% (Cap: 80)
MAB+15
Rolanberry DaifukuHP+20, DEX+2, VIT+3,
Magic Accuracy+50
Pet: HP+20, DEX+2, VIT+3,
Magic Accuracy+75
Rolanberry Daifuku +1HP+30, DEX+3, VIT+4,
Magic Accuracy+55
Pet: HP+30, DEX+3, VIT+4,
Magic Accuracy+80

Original Stats for Comparison:
[+]
By Hammrtime 2020-03-10 13:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Daifuku talkin' bout Willis
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-03-10 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap at pet food changes. That's more like it SE! Feels like there's not even a reason to really use mochi besides maybe kusamochi for pure attack now. I hope they update those as well.
By Rhinos 2020-03-10 14:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The Rolanberry Daifuku is a nice budget Macc option now, even for non-pet jobs.
By shamgi 2020-03-10 15:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the UNM axe, I'm curious. The +30 DMG rockets it into a pretty solid DPS of 40.07, while providing some alright stats.

It might be a good offhand choice for a hybrid master/pet build, providing respectable damage for the master while also providing both master and pet with acc.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 175 176 177