Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 175 176 177
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-11-29 18:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
This is a more general question, trying to add toggles to your lua Falkirk (for me on controller they are faster than cycling through modes) with the following code:
Code
function self_command(command)
	if command == 'C2' then -- Hybrid Toggle --
		if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'Hybrid' then
			state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
			add_to_chat(123,'Hybrid Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'Hybrid'
			add_to_chat(158,'Hybrid Set: [Locked]')
		end
		handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
	elseif command == 'C7' then -- PDT Toggle --
		if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PDT' then
			add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PDT'
			add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
		end
	elseif command == 'C8' then -- PetPDT Toggle --
		if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PetPDT' then
			add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PetPDT'
			add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
		end
	elseif command == 'C15' then -- MDT Toggle --
		if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'MDT' then
			state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
			add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'MDT'
			add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
		end
	elseif command == 'C16' then -- PetMDT Toggle --
		if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'PetMDT' then
			state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
			add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'PetMDT'
			add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
		end
	elseif command == 'C9' then -- AxeMode Toggle --
		if state.AxeMode == 'PetOnly' then
			state.AxeMode = 'NoSwaps'
			add_to_chat(123,'Pet Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			state.AxeMode = 'PetOnly'
			add_to_chat(158,'Pet Set: [Locked]')
		end
end

And it's written right, it should work, but in-game showswaps/debugmode shows the commands going to self_command function and then... doing nothing. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Y'all should come to Asura. Pet burn all the things!

Enough with Asura, seriously. That server is way more trouble than it's worth. The Beastmen & Kindred Medal fiasco for instance, and Asura's natural hatred towards pet jobs *cough* Draylo *cough*

Asura will be the death of FFXI if it hasn't already with this Medal duping BS.

Asura is great, and for me it's revived this old game, but you learn to generally ignore the drama and yells. It is a little strange that we don't have a dedicated pet linkshell here. I'd have started one myself but in my current LS there are many people who don't have pet jobs. Despite that I do use pet strats often, and I'd say my LS is probably the closest to being a pet shell (of any that I'm aware of).

There's definitely a hole on Asura for a pet LS.

Come to Shiva and join Falkirk's pet shell.

Wait....WHAT?!?

Master Falkirk has come to Shiva?!?!?

**ninja edit** facts I don't like from Malthar. Shame on you, man! SHAME ON YOU!

Hey man. Fake it till you make it.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-29 21:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but now who's going to believe you? You already yelled "FALKIRK" once. Next time, people won't believe you.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-11-29 23:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but now who's going to believe you? You already yelled "FALKIRK" once. Next time, people won't believe you.
I'll pull a "your favorite person" and lie till it becomes truth. lmao
Watch!
Falkirk! Shiva! Now!
By Jetackuu 2019-11-29 23:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jet is too lazy to read everything since the update, what is the tl;dr?
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2019-11-30 00:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-01 20:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

That's it in a dumpster shell.
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
Server: Carbuncle
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2019-12-02 00:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Y'all should come to Asura. Pet burn all the things!

I have zero desire to go to Asura.

come to carbuncle, and get some action going on pet stuff?? ls im in isnt full pet style but we do implement pets for many many of the major things that we do?? LOL
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-02 01:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say again that, if any dedicated beastmasters, puppetmasters, or summoners would like to have an ls I'd be happy to have y'all. I'd love to do petburn stuff, including BST HELMs, but we don't have enough beastmasters. Join Beaztmaster and I on Asura and I can find a place for you.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-12-02 02:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say again that, if any dedicated beastmasters, puppetmasters, or summoners would like to have an ls I'd be happy to have y'all. I'd love to do petburn stuff, including BST HELMs, but we don't have enough beastmasters. Join Beaztmaster and I on Asura and I can find a place for you.

I'd rather do this than go to Asura.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-04 21:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoji_Fujito;622288 said:
Thank you for the large number of feedback responses.
We understand that there are many requests to increase the range of beastmaster abilities, such as Ready.
However, upon careful discussion with the Lead Job Designer, we have decided that the range of these abilities will not be adjusted.

▼ Beastmaster is designed as a frontline job.
I’d like to provide a brief history of beastmaster from a developer perspective.
Some points may greatly differ from player opinion, but please give it a read.

The original concept of beastmaster was a frontline job based around Charming monsters to turn the tide of battle.
The process of Charming would sometimes result in direct combat with the monster, so beastmaster was given the equipment and damage output to thrive until they succeeded in gaining control over a monster.

As time went on, Battlefield content became the main focus of the game.
This was difficult to enjoy as a beastmaster as many BFs do not feature monsters that can be Charmed.
Our solution was the addition of Call Beast and broth items, which allowed players to call out monsters as obedient pets.
These pets always obeyed commands, providing a sort of consumable battle resource for beastmaster and stabilized the state of the job.
Things were good up until this point.

▼ Balance Issues caused by Pet Adjustments
As stronger enemies were introduced over time, it became apparent that beastmaster and their pets weren’t keeping up.
Unlike other jobs, pet-based jobs had to be balanced around both the player character and pet, which in turn made it difficult to implement powerful new equipment or pets.

In order to resolve this situation, we made major changes in the very first version update in 2015.
Monsters were now able to participate in skillchains and magic burst, making them an overwhelmingly powerful source of damage.
While this method required some preparation, the changes allowed beastmaster to easily catch up and deal high damage more effectively than any other job.

Ultimately, this allowed beastmaster to issue commands from a safe distance, while pets that were far stronger than the beastmaster themselves would continuously fire off powerful abilities.
Pets also had decent survivability, and even if they were defeated, they could be called out again at full power after a five minute cooldown.
At this point, beastmaster was capable of battling with almost no risk to themselves.

Player skill was not involved in this version of beastmaster, since no matter what attacks enemies had, they could be defeated by endlessly sending out powerful pets.
This was even more effective in parties with multiple beastmasters, which created some extreme cases where pets did all the fighting and players didn’t battle at all.
Battles were streamlined into a monotonous process, and enemy mechanics became meaningless.

▼ Corrective Measures and the Future
To address this, we kept beastmaster’s strength while making sure its equipment and traits were used to fulfill a frontline role, and shortened the range of commands to bring back a sense of risk to the job.
While these adjustments lowered beastmaster’s capabilities, it was compensated for with the continued implementation of various meals and equipment, and that brings us to today.

With this history in mind, we don’t have plans to alter the job’s design as a frontline role and would like this source of damage to be accompanied by some risk.

As we’ve often mentioned, these job adjustments aren’t final, and we’ll continue making adjustments to improve its frontline capabilities.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-04 22:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. *** us, right?
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-04 22:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. *** us, right?

No, F SE with their job gimping BS.

The range limiting was absolute lazy BS! There were many other suggestions that would have been much better, but they chose the easiest route.

Personally, pet damage and defense should vary directly with the master's distance from the pet. This would have been a great solution. It was even suggested but SE banned me instead.

Complete and utter BS.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-12-04 23:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. *** us, right?

I blame Draylo for this. ALL OF THIS
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-12-05 02:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. *** us, right?

I blame Draylo for this. ALL OF THIS

Well, it seems one person is pissed enough:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56105-November-2019-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest?p=622300#post622300

Quote:
Dear Director Yoji Fujito,
Thank you for providing a detailed response on the current status of Beastmaster. You have made it clear that for better or worse, Beastmaster simply is not a development priority and over the past 3 years, have made no new frontline capabilities or otherwise meaningful adjustments to the Beastmaster job. Similarly, adding new jug bets with only cosmetic differences and calling it a "job adjustment" is dishonest and dubious. It serves as an unfair disservice to the players with whom, Square-Enix has built a relationship with over the past 18 years. The sporadic updates and lack of meaningful change to the Beastmaster job have left me with no other choice but to retire. Due to limited inventory constraints, I have decided to remove Beastmaster-specific items from my inventory. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

[+]
By kishr 2019-12-05 04:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use the petrangebreak.Lua
It let's you even use a ability on the other side of the zone.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2019-12-05 09:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yoji_Fujito;622288 said:
▼ Balance Issues caused by Pet Adjustments
As stronger enemies were introduced over time, it became apparent that summoner and their pets weren’t keeping up.
Unlike other jobs, pet-based jobs had to be balanced around both the player character and pet, which in turn made it difficult to implement powerful new equipment or pets.

In order to resolve this situation, we made major changes in the very first version update in 20152016.
Monsters were now able to participate in skillchains and magic burst, making them an overwhelmingly powerful source of damage.
While this method required some preparation, the changes allowed summoner to easily catch up and deal high damage more effectively than any other job.

Ultimately, this allowed summoner to issue commands from a safe distance, while pets that were far stronger than the summoner themselves would continuously fire off powerful abilities.
Pets also had decent survivability, and even if they were defeated, they could be called out again at full power after a five minute cooldown.
At this point, summoner was capable of battling with almost no risk to themselves.

Player skill was not involved in this version of summoner, since no matter what attacks enemies had, they could be defeated by endlessly sending out powerful pets.
This was even more effective in parties with multiple summoners, which created some extreme cases where pets did all the fighting and players didn’t battle at all.
Battles were streamlined into a monotonous process, and enemy mechanics became meaningless.

No SMN hate. But, they clearly don't mind jobs making enemy mechanics meaningless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By clearlyamule 2019-12-05 11:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

haha claims we can send endless stream of pets at full strength ( we can't even come close to that) ignores the 2 jobs that actually can do it. Also lol at skillchaining and magic burst making bst OP. Said like someone that doesn't actually play
By Nariont 2019-12-05 11:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

just about every sort of "frontline with pet" aspect is better done on pup, specially post h2h update, better DPS, better defensive ability on the pet while not touching as much on the master, no having to gimp yourself with a merlin(seriously SE, couldnt even address this) better upkeep by auto repair kit alone, not even counting how good repair/maint are.

Best part is at any time I can decide to back off and have the focus completely on pet, no distance nerf, yet if BST does this, its OP, alright SE
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-12-05 11:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I expected a more general no response but the details of that post is so tone-deaf and defensive. They completely dismiss BST playstyle for over a decade of both meleeing and backlining to focus on a short period of months where BST was bandwagoned and a vocal minority whipped up a pitchfork mob.

BST is the only pet job that can rest while pet attacks. Backlining for safety wasn't some exploit lol, they built it into the job. Not to mention we barely have melee traits at all.

Claiming BST was OP and this distance nerf somehow changed pet damage or general survivability is delusional. Completely wooshing over the multiple nerfs to mob evasion/AoE damage, BRD massive song changes for melee and easy to obtain high stat armor (Ambuscade).

The response and jugs we just got shows they really are believing the propaganda years later that BST deals so much damage that distance somehow magically fixes it.

"Endlessly sending out pets" on a 5 min timer? Wut? lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-12-05 12:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao @ "endlessly sending out pets".
Also laughing myself dead at charm even being brought up. They need to reevaluate that ability, as it is dead for endgame.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-05 13:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't even need to completely remove the distance nerf (even though they really should at this point), just open it up even a LITTLE BIT. FFS, I don't mind having to do frontline DD w/ my pet but you literally have to be attached at the hip to get ready moves to fire off.
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-12-10 00:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. They release a new ammo slot item for bst. Its called the voluspa tathlum. It has +15 to pet macc acc and racc. It also has master acc and atk +10 and str dex chr +5. It looks like it will be usable outside of domain invasions as well. Which should make this the best pet ammo slot for bst now right?
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-10 00:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's going to be a great all-round piece for us. Will actually save some inventory space?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2019-12-12 00:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's going to be a great all-round piece for us.

Justice has been served!

#BSTNerfReparations
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-12 09:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Yes it's going to be a great all-round piece for us.

Justice has been served!

#BSTNerfReparations

Yep, it's settled, BST is fixed, we can all go home now. Thanks S-E!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-20 02:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for early January 2020.

Enjoy the monthly updates to Ambuscade and job adjustments for beastmasters.
By phunky 2019-12-20 02:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting my hopes up this time.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-20 02:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

AGAIN???
By geigei 2019-12-20 02:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet aura's with some unique buffs/debuffs.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 175 176 177