Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2024-09-04 23:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
Is there any way to enhance pondering peter's wild carrot?
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It varies with Pet TP, so Pet: TP Bonus gear should work
Increasing Pet: Max HP also helps. :)
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-09-05 19:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Is there any way to enhance pondering peter's wild carrot?
It varies with Pet TP, so Pet: TP Bonus gear should work
Increasing Pet: Max HP also helps. :)
Is a "bit of both" worth it, or is it better to focus on one?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-05 20:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only a handful of pieces with Pet: TP Bonus stat on it (I think alluvion skirmish axes, empyrean hands, and mythic axe?). I don't know how many Pet: HP+ gear there is, can't be that many. Path D Emicho Body is the only piece I can recall.
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-09-06 18:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Feral Howl "reasonably" land on end game NMs?
Omen bosses, Sheol Gaol and Sortie nm?
Description on bg-wiki says "It can be resisted", but i couldn't find any testing (sorry Falkirk if you did one), can we translate this sentence in "it always fails in end game"?
Would you unlock it if it had, i don't know, 1 minute recast?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-06 19:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You asked this in 2023.

Is it worth to unlock Feral Howl with just 1 point?
I remember back in 2014 i had it but it would miss most of the times, but if it landed could be a life saver.
Any of you uses it?

It was a terrible move then, it's a terrible move now ;3. Maybe it will land on some Dynamis-D mobs. Maybe the "lesser" floor NMs in Sheol upstairs.

I recall using a Hippogryph pet in Sheol B vs the Fly NM, and I could have sworn Jettatura landed on both of them (it spawns a copy at 50%), but that just could be because they are coded as "lesser NMs". Terror works on Sinister reign bosses for sure; I have done it as BLU just terroring and killing as soon as they spawn and it lasts for 30+ seconds, enough time to kill them. But I don't seem to recall anything modern that this works on. Could try it on a Sheol C UNM, but I highly doubt you'd land it on anything, nor would it matter, as Feral Howl lasts a few seconds then wears off, much less than BLU's Absolute Terror.

I used to have one merit in it to unlock, but couldn't find any instances to use it. I guess you could use it in Sheol C farming vs a fodder here or there to interrupt an annoying sleepga or something. Idk, try it out on stuff and let us know if it works :)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-06 19:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there was a time when Feral Howl was awesome!
When?

When BST/DNC was solofarming old Dynamis with the Ladybug pet.
Feral Howl was an additional potential JA proc during the JA windows, which also stunned mobs for several seconds.

Aaaand, that's it I think, really lol. Back then I think I had 5/5 beast affinity to power up pet healing food and 5/5 Feral Howl for that xD
It wasn't game changing but it was a small help, I guess.
Can't think Feral Howl ever made a huge difference in any other content. Not like its difference was huge in Dyna either, but it was something at least, I suppose!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-06 19:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

With it's current land rate, it honestly should be 1 minute recast on it. That's fifteen seconds longer than a 3-charge Ready move anyways, so it's not like you'd abuse it on anything since it's mostly a fodder stun button
By Minaras84 2024-09-06 19:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You asked this in 2023.

Is it worth to unlock Feral Howl with just 1 point?
I remember back in 2014 i had it but it would miss most of the times, but if it landed could be a life saver.
Any of you uses it?

It was a terrible move then, it's a terrible move now ;3. Maybe it will land on some Dynamis-D mobs. Maybe the "lesser" floor NMs in Sheol upstairs.

I recall using a Hippogryph pet in Sheol B vs the Fly NM, and I could have sworn Jettatura landed on both of them (it spawns a copy at 50%), but that just could be because they are coded as "lesser NMs". Terror works on Sinister reign bosses for sure; I have done it as BLU just terroring and killing as soon as they spawn and it lasts for 30+ seconds, enough time to kill them. But I don't seem to recall anything modern that this works on. Could try it on a Sheol C UNM, but I highly doubt you'd land it on anything, nor would it matter, as Feral Howl lasts a few seconds then wears off, much less than BLU's Absolute Terror.

I used to have one merit in it to unlock, but couldn't find any instances to use it. I guess you could use it in Sheol C farming vs a fodder here or there to interrupt an annoying sleepga or something. Idk, try it out on stuff and let us know if it works :)
I had the feeling i did lol, sorry.
Ok, i will completely forget about it haha.
I just hate it having it there and not using it (as like, not even unlocking it)
 Fenrir.Sohja
Server: Fenrir
user: Nama
By Fenrir.Sohja 2024-09-17 23:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity has anyone tried oozing for def/attk down in sortie? Was wondering if its viable , we have a friend who is back and only has a select few jobs he enjoys playing, and his BST is what he settled on. Was wondering if its an effective strat and since the ooze is water based will it enrage A - E bosses?
By Kaffy 2024-09-17 23:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it will. Any time a monster absorbs water Ooze is guaranteed to land and it will definitely cause enrage. Swooping Frenzy, Rhinowrecker, and Sweeping Gouge are all viable defense down alternatives for A/E, although I haven't personally tested any of them.
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180