Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 176 177 178
By SimonSes 2023-02-11 15:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

shamgi said: »
Nothing extensive, but god damn.

So, tried a couple different pets in Dho gates on Apex Bats. Had a GEO and a COR. I wasn't pDIF capped(pets generally were hitting around 7-800) but I'm honestly curious if they can make it short of an absolute overload of buffs and debuffs.

Still, Tickling was an easy 30k in the setup, and a lot of the other moves were pretty spicy as well. Pentapeck stood to to me because it's self buffing(Swooping was 18k on average as well) and it can close double light, though the 3 charges hurts. Still, the numbers are pretty damn crazy.

Rhinowrecker was around 35k, Buffet was in the 30s as well, and Razor Fang was around 20k. Only thing I wonder about is that I had a basically perfect GEO bubble(minus 1HR), solid COR rolls, Koru Dia, food, Spur, and occasionally Run Wild. I'm not sure it's possible to get many more buffs for the pets themselves as it stands, so it might be pretty damn hard to get past these numbers without some inventive work.

Its impossible that you weren't attack capped with -93%def. Those bats had like 100def
[+]
By shamgi 2023-02-11 20:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Its impossible that you weren't attack capped with -93%def. Those bats had like 100def

You're correct, once I started looking at the numbers, but then there's some really weird bits with melee damage.

Starting doing some snooping, and it appears the major problem is level correction applies to our pets(which I totally didn't think about), since monsters get bonus damage against lower level things. It must have some upper limit, but I can hit lvl 0 to about 50 mobs for 1500, but when I get to 50+, it goes to around 1200, and a level 68 NM was 900 instead. Went to KRT(since they removed the level correction there) and started hitting worms at the beginning. 72-750, so accounting for the fSTR, that's likely what it was.

Oh, another thing to point out was that while the physical evasion seems to be a flat 50, the magical evasion seems quite a bit stronger. Both my pet and the puppet I was with were evading a huge portion of the bats atk down that came out, like an incredibly noticeable number.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-11 20:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they adjust pet crits at all or is it doubling pdif cap?

My irrational need to foot kick things to death is ever present
[+]
By Nariont 2023-02-11 20:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Really just looks like doubled pdif to me
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-02-11 23:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You're correct, once I started looking at the numbers, but then there's some really weird bits with melee damage.

Starting doing some snooping, and it appears the major problem is level correction applies to our pets(which I totally didn't think about), since monsters get bonus damage against lower level things.

Any zone with Apex monsters has level correction removed, right?

I think you're on the right track here. It seems like the bonus ratio works differently in LC and non-LC zones, as you said. Interesting... so it's not that base pDIF increased per se, it's just (4.0 x 2) when Pet Level is far greater than enemy level? And the bonus ratio shrinks as enemy level approaches Pet Level.

Level correction is nothing new for Jug Pets, of course. Damage penalty for being lower level than your opponent has been around for ages, but giving bonuses to Jug Pets is new (85k Tegmina Buffets in West Ronfaure is not normal).

Went to KRT(since they removed the level correction there) and started hitting worms at the beginning. 72-750, so accounting for the fSTR, that's likely what it was.
This worked, thanks!
Testing in KRT with Jovial Edwin (PLD):
MeleeMinimumMaximumpDIF
Pre-Update non-Crit6606934.0
Pre-Update Crit6606934.0
Post-Update non-Crit6606934.0
Post-Update Crit8258665.0

That was the intended update.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-12 00:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's 5.0 for crit melee and all physical Ready right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-02-12 01:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Critical Melee = 5.0 pDIF cap
Critical Ready Moves = 5.0 pDIF cap
(Foot Kick, Big Scissors, Power Attack, Sickle Slash)
Level 121 Ready Move values (w/Crit Dmg+ listed for WAR pets)

Everything else remains at its original 4.0 cap.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-12 01:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

Critical Melee = 5.0 pDIF cap
Critical Ready Moves = 5.0 pDIF cap
(Foot Kick, Big Scissors, Power Attack, Sickle Slash)
Level 121 Ready Move values (w/Crit Dmg+ listed for WAR pets)

Everything else remains at its original 4.0 cap.

So you are trying to say those Pentapecks are placebo and it was always like that?

I guess my testing on PUP could also be placebo, but I dont remember Bone crushers being 15-25k with spikes to 30.
You sure it's not 5.0? It could be kinda funny if we are hyped about numbers achievable before lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-02-12 05:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are trying to say those Pentapecks are placebo and it was always like that?

I guess my testing on PUP could also be placebo, but I dont remember Bone crushers being 15-25k with spikes to 30.
You sure it's not 5.0? It could be kinda funny if we are hyped about numbers achievable before lol

The base amount per hit of Pentapeck (if capped) should be:
Code
Pentapeck damage = [DMG+fSTR] * [pDIF] * [fTP] * [JobPointsBonus] * [PiercingBonus]
                 = [165] * [4.0] * [6] * [1.2] * [1.25]
                 = 5940

So 6 hits (1 double attack proc or 2 double attack procs with a miss) would be around 35.6k damage.
And 7 hits (2 double attack procs) would be around 41.5k damage, pre-randomizer.
(shamgi, were you using Agwu's Axe + Sroda Earring?)

I've got some screenshots from 2017/2018 that are similar numbers to the Pentapeck example, and we can check if it's in the ballpark.

November 2017:
(With Aymur AM3)

January 2018:
(With Aymur AM3)

April 2019:

With Unleash and Aymur AM3:

Is it possible to test some PUP damage in a zone with Level Correction and see if we can replicate the bonus ratio #s?
I wish I knew more about the numbers for PUP before and after, but I trust your testing methods!

At this point I'm willing to believe that they got the formula correct in zones without Level Correction (and only tested in non-LC zones) and applied the monster Level Correction bonuses improperly for all other zones.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-02-12 05:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage seems correct in Level Correction zone as PUP.
West Ronfaure vs. Wild Rabbits
Level 119 Automaton (VE/VE) w/Neo Animator

4.0 for non-Crit
5.0 for Crit

Damage formula for SMN is similar to the one
applied to Jug Pets in Level Correction zone:
West Ronfaure vs. Wild Rabbits
Level 119 Carbuncle w/Sancus Sachet +1

(4.0 x 2) for non-Crit
(4.0 x 2) for Crit

I think SE accidentally used a monster-specific formula for Jug Pets/Avatars in Level Correction zones resulting in (up to) double the regular amount of possible damage.

The Version Update notes only hold true for Jug Pets/Avatars in places like Adoulin Zones, Escha/Reisenjima, and zones with Apex/Locus monsters.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-13 01:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I woke up not long ago and I'm not getting it.
So the real change (in zones that "matter") is a Pet Crit pdif increase from 4.0 to 5.0?
And the appearent change to 8.0 reported in those other zones (that do not matter :-P) is presumably a mistake from SE because they accidentally *** up the pet pdif increase formula?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-02-13 04:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You summed it up very well. That is correct.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2023-02-13 11:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusting off the BST after ... however long it has been since they changed the distance you can control the pets at. Question in regards to TP Drainkiss:

Does it actually scale with Pet TP? I was draining Mboze last night and realized that my TP Bonus gear wasn't swapping in. Upon fixing that (~+750 TP bonus), the drained amount didn't really change. I realize there is the possibility that this is because of how often I was doing it, but I saw ~1100 tp drained prior to swapping in the gear. It also seemed that the BST lua (possibly Falkirks?) didn't have the logic to swap the gear in and therefore was possibly intentional?

I guess follow-up questions (that may be at least partially answered by the answer to above):
1) Does it drain all possible TP?
2) If not, do we know caps (possibly based on TP bonus)?
[+]
By Nariont 2023-02-13 11:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/137/#3594972
[+]
By Vankathka 2023-02-15 20:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone was curious, the magic evasion buff seems fairly substantial, messing around on Kin Amnesia never landed once out of probably 20-25 uses of Malign Invocation, where as before it basically always landed, this was with the rabbit pet Pondering Peter spamming Wild Carrot for the hell of it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-15 20:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

+50 Meva to match the +50 eva really should not be having (any) impact at all.

Let alone the making siren completely invincible to lilith in the smn thread. 100% resist rate.

With no way to resist the element and no way to resist the status they should never full or 1/8th resist. Like ever. Can't be barfired and can't be baramensiad so how the hell can it resist. You have to have >0 elemental/status for that to happen.

Even Yoran (who has literally ten thousand MEVA) can't full resist a centurio jamming wave without bar. There should be no way a pet can full resist an amnesia from an nm.
By Vankathka 2023-02-15 21:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everything is equal. For instance sleep in dynamis jeuno D will rarely, if ever land with enough MEvasion without Barsleep/Dark Carol, however Poisonga II will land everytime regardless. You can resist Gin's Stones down to double digits yet his Breakga has insane magic accuracy. Amnesia land rate from Omen bosses is basically floored if you're in Malignance gear, I'm guessing pets now might have somewhere around that value, but the sample is way too small, or its bugged, who knows.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-15 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Go pop a sov and see if it nulls stun. That'll be instant bug confirmation.
By Vankathka 2023-02-15 21:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Popped a Sovereign Behemoth, stun landed everytime for same duration on me as Pondering Peter (Rabbit) except once his wore off 3 seconds faster. gear locked into ilvl 121 Gleti Boots/Nukumi Earring.

Meteor did 524 every time except under run wild it dropped to 514. No changes to stun resist rate.

Edit: Went back out as Summoner, stun landed everytime aswell on Siren, Meteor did 1053 with Winds blessing up, however Ramuh did resist Stun 6/6 times he used it then timed out while normally Ramuh resisting stun would be a given, Avatar resistances have meant alot less during ilvl.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-15 22:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At least it's not entirely broken then. Sov's stun is like the most extreme and spammable status.

+50 shouldn't change anything.
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2023-02-16 01:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
Dusting off the BST after ... however long it has been since they changed the distance you can control the pets at. Question in regards to TP Drainkiss:

Does it actually scale with Pet TP? I was draining Mboze last night and realized that my TP Bonus gear wasn't swapping in. Upon fixing that (~+750 TP bonus), the drained amount didn't really change. I realize there is the possibility that this is because of how often I was doing it, but I saw ~1100 tp drained prior to swapping in the gear. It also seemed that the BST lua (possibly Falkirks?) didn't have the logic to swap the gear in and therefore was possibly intentional?

I guess follow-up questions (that may be at least partially answered by the answer to above):
1) Does it drain all possible TP?
2) If not, do we know caps (possibly based on TP bonus)?

Been quite a while since I messed around with Fatso, but IIRC, TP Drain Kiss amount drained is a percentage of the target's current TP that scales with pet TP. 3k pet tp = 100% of target's current tp drained. It's literally draining the tp from the target, so returns will vary based on the exact tp (and hp% since that affects tp usage/effective tp caps,) of the target at the time it lands. There're also no macc/resist checks at all, and it works perfectly fine against undead. ^^
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 02:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
I was draining Mboze last night and realized that my TP Bonus gear wasn't swapping in.

Keep in mind Fatso will have tp absorbed from previous tp drainkiss
By shamgi 2023-02-16 13:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
+50 Meva to match the +50 eva really should not be having (any) impact at all.

Let alone the making siren completely invincible to lilith in the smn thread. 100% resist rate.

With no way to resist the element and no way to resist the status they should never full or 1/8th resist. Like ever. Can't be barfired and can't be baramensiad so how the hell can it resist. You have to have >0 elemental/status for that to happen.

Even Yoran (who has literally ten thousand MEVA) can't full resist a centurio jamming wave without bar. There should be no way a pet can full resist an amnesia from an nm.

This is assuming they didn't decide to give the pets the triggers/buffs that would allow them to fully resist as part of the update. The goal here seems to have been to give them some real survivability in high magic AOE/debuff situations, since there's one of the major reasons pet jobs don't see tons of play.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-16 13:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the issue with it. One should assume a simple +50 meva. Not any number of other random stuff. (I would've even assumed only +20 tbh)

But you could add +50 meva with augments pre update and see it didn't do ***.
By shamgi 2023-02-17 09:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the issue with it. One should assume a simple +50 meva. Not any number of other random stuff. (I would've even assumed only +20 tbh)

But you could add +50 meva with augments pre update and see it didn't do ***.
We did assume 50 meva right up until the point that our pets started evading all sorts of ***they'd never reliably evaded before. It's very clearly way, way more, or something else added to their stats instead.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-17 09:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah clearly. But on purpose or accident is the issue at hand.
By Rinuko 2023-02-19 08:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I only leveled BST primary to cleave. Is the equipment on OP still up to date?
[+]
By Vankathka 2023-02-19 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-20 19:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did the information that Corrosive Ooze's duration ranges from 60-90s (as listed on bg wiki) come from? Having a debuff that varies in duration but isn't affected by TP is quite unusual, and I just tried it three times and had it last for exactly 90 seconds every time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-02-20 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Where did the information that Corrosive Ooze's duration ranges from 60-90s (as listed on bg wiki) come from? Having a debuff that varies in duration but isn't affected by TP is quite unusual, and I just tried it three times and had it last for exactly 90 seconds every time.

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »
The duration seems to vary a bit (70-80 secs). I thought I read somewhere it always hit for 70 seconds but this doesnt seem the case, unless the absorb on the shield is impacting the debuff duration?

The Absorbing Shield transfers the debuff with its remaining duration, so you can start the countdown from the timestamp where Corrosive Ooze hits the target.

You're right, the duration isn't exactly 70 seconds - I've seen 67, 68, 70, 73, 74, 76, and 81 second durations. It's probably a range from 60-90?

Edit: 84 seconds duration data point added -

And 87 seconds duration -

I know it's been said before, but it would really be nice to see when pet enfeebles wear off the target, so reapplying them wouldn't be such a shot in the dark.

The low end of 60 is just a guess until someone verifies.
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 176 177 178