Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 178 179 180
 Odin.Nogara
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-07 06:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all doing some amazing stuff here, can't wait to get started myself, just been too busy with rl to get my BST as far as I would have liked by this point, but hopefully I'll be on board soon enough!

It's good to see with the state of the game that it's possible to accomplish all this in low man groups like so, awesome work!
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-06-07 10:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Will this work to increase accuracy??

/equipset 21 (PET TP BONUS GEAR)
/pet "Razor Fang" <me> <wait 1>
/equipset 22 (FULL PET ACC GEAR)

???
Or will it cancel out the TP Bonus hands etc. i have in equipset 21?
By Beaztmaster 2015-06-07 11:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Only your FULL PET ACC GEAR will affect Razor Fang in your example. The gear you have equipped when your Ready move actually hits the mob is the gear that will matter for damage calculation. So you should just make sure you have Merlin and Tassets in that first equipset before Razor Fang.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-06-07 12:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha thnx :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-07 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a template for High-Tier battlefield info.

Beaztmaster said: »
I think Path A unlocks "Save My Son II"! After beating it on VD, you receive "Cipher: Dietmund" and 7 pieces of Pet Food Alpha.

BattlefieldInformationPet
Save My Son IIQufim Island (Home Point #1)
KI: Phantom Gem of Dietmund (costs 50 merits)

Rewards (VD only):
Cipher: Dietmund
Pet Food Alpha biscuit x 7
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-07 14:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to admit that I thought that was real for a little too long.
 Shiva.Mulitus
Server: Shiva
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-06-09 09:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does the Empath Necklace come from . Cant find any information what drops it
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 09:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mulitus said: »
Where does the Empath Necklace come from . Cant find any information what drops it

Pazuzu (T3 HELM) Escha-Zitah.

I'm after this bad boy myself.

The KI is 'hidden' and obtained by trading a Duskcrawler + Ashweed to the npc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-09 09:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Pazuzu is hella easy, I might add. He's fairly weak in his damage dealing abilities, and doesn't have any annoying gimmicks. He is 135 though, so I suggest bringing RDM/GEO/COR to deal with evasion. RDM and GEO are ideal, but a crooked card Drachen Roll works as well.
 Shiva.Mulitus
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-06-09 09:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Avalon
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 09:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Pazuzu is hella easy, I might add. He's fairly weak in his damage dealing abilities, and doesn't have any annoying gimmicks. He is 135 though, so I suggest bringing RDM/GEO/COR to deal with evasion. RDM and GEO are ideal, but a crooked card Drachen Roll works as well.

What is your strategy? Nuking with the RDM and GEO?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-09 09:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating the ***out of him with Razor Fang over and over. Geo opens with Langour, RDM Sabotuer Distract IIs his ***, Geo switches to Torpor. BSTs go balls to the wall with Shiromochi(+1 is preferred) and run wild if they need it. Then you Razor Fang until he dies. Make sure everyone has shell since Meteor sucks.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 09:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating the ***out of him with Razor Fang over and over. Geo opens with Langour, RDM Sabotuer Distract IIs his ***, Geo switches to Torpor. BSTs go balls to the wall with Shiromochi(+1 is preferred) and run wild if they need it. Then you Razor Fang until he dies. Make sure everyone has shell since Meteor sucks.

Hmmm....

Thank you for the info. I'll try this later when I get home from work. I'll bring my Nirvana along to help the process.

How many people total? Any trusts used?

EDIT: Is this strategy assuming a capped JP BST or just a decently-geared BST?
 Shiva.Mulitus
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-06-09 11:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried this and pop the wrong NM Blazewing pop up instead
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 11:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried this and pop the wrong NM Blazewing pop up instead

This is from a post on BGWiki.

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-09 11:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm....

Thank you for the info. I'll try this later when I get home from work. I'll bring my Nirvana along to help the process.

160 JP is preferred. Capped Ready, Spur and Reward. BST need good DT sets.

Not sure how useful SMN is for this fight, tbh. I've heard that people use Diabolos and Night Terror since evidently it just ignores magic evasion, of which Paruzu has a metric shitton of.

You can beat him with four people, possibly as low as 3. Five makes it easy mode. 2x BST and 2x support. If both BSTs SP and run wild, I'm sure you can do it with 3. But not much reason to do it that low. If you don't have a RDM, a WHM trust for Pro/shell at the start is a good idea.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 11:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm....

160 JP is preferred. Capped Ready, Spur and Reward. BST need good DT sets.

Not sure how useful SMN is for this fight, tbh. I've heard that people use Diabolos and Night Terror since evidently it just ignores magic evasion, of which Paruzu has a metric shitton of.

You can beat him with four people, possibly as low as 3. Five makes it easy mode. 2x BST and 2x support. If both BSTs SP and run wild, I'm sure you can do it with 3. But not much reason to do it that low. If you don't have a RDM, a WHM trust for Pro/shell at the start is a good idea.

Cool, thanks for the info.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-11 10:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Which pieces of 119 af1/2/3 are must-haves? Haven't played BST in a bit, but I will give it a go once PUP and WHM JP are done.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-11 11:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Which pieces of 119 af1/2/3 are must-haves? Haven't played BST in a bit, but I will give it a go once PUP and WHM JP are done.

AF 1 Body, AF 3 Hands, AF 2 Legs and Feet. AF 2 Hands are useful if you plan to use the Lizard jug pet.

You could make an argument for AF 3 legs at 119, but I already have dt legs with other augments, so not needed imho.
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-06-11 14:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone be willing to hop on skype and walk me through this gearswap? Just came back to the game and would love to dust my bst off. thanks.
 Siren.Kenesu
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-06-11 14:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

my skype is Kenesu83 thanks again.
By Israfelx 2015-06-11 14:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

AF 1 Body, AF 3 Hands, AF 2 Legs and Feet. AF 2 Hands are useful if you plan to use the Lizard jug pet.

You could make an argument for AF 3 legs at 119, but I already have dt legs with other augments, so not needed imho.

Hey Trulusia,
Can you tell me your reasoning behind AF 2 legs and Feet over AF 1 Legs and Feet (all ReArtifact +1 and ReRelic +1 I assume).
Seems to me the point of each of these pieces is for Reward purposes.
Legs: both ReArt and ReRelic +1s have -17 recast
Feet: ReArt +1 (Reward + 32, MND 12), and ReRelic +1 (Reward + 35, MND 12)
Yes relic feet are more potency but with the ReArt body +1 you'd be at the cap either way.

Is there something I am missing. I chose ReArt legs and Feet +1 cause I wanted to save 6m gil or so. They may or may not be better but I certainly wouldn't call it a must have if it will cost me 6m more and be only a tiny unnoticeable difference.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-11 14:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The augments on the two. Relic feet have the enhanced beast healer bonus, which I think is 5 extra regen a tick after reward. And the relic legs have 10% haste added to familiar.
[+]
By Israfelx 2015-06-11 14:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm that's true. I have the NQ relic legs for the Familiar haste already, but is that 5/tic regen worth 3m..... hmmmm.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-11 15:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I took both the relic legs and feet to 109, but since Hahava's Mails and Delve mats are currently 2.5m and 2m respectively on Sylph, I'm not taking them further at the moment. I don't think the extra few points of MND from the feet will make or break my reward, and I'm almost positive that you still get the beast healer augment from the 109 version with the same potency. If I'm wrong on any fronts, I might actually have to drop the money to 119 them.
 Siren.Kenesu
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-06-11 16:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody? ... I won't bite.... hard. lol.
 Odin.Nogara
Server: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-11 16:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

OP says can reduce reward Recast by 23 seconds with gear, this is just a typo I assume? 15+17 = 32

Ready, you get a charge every 30 secs, how many charges do you actually begin with though?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-11 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nogara said: »
OP says can reduce reward Recast by 23 seconds with gear, this is just a typo I assume? 15+17 = 32

Ready, you get a charge every 30 secs, how many charges do you actually begin with though?

It's not a typo.

The recast reduction caps at 25% of the 90 second base recast (-23). So you can cap with any hat+legs combo.

And you start with 3 charges.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-11 16:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I change the current mode while in PetOnly? As in, swap from regular to medacc to highacc. And, in that same vein, how do I make sure my magic axes are activated during magic WS while in pet only? I have them activating just fine when not in that mode, but it seems to swap straight to my designated axes for regular accuracy physical moves.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 178 179 180