Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 175 176 177
By Gaigin 2020-09-02 23:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

@Gaigin
your best skillchains will depend alot on which weaponskills you have the best sets for. If you have desultor tassets with sic/ready recast reduction in your ready set, you can squeeze in 2x rhinowreckers around your master.

I would like something like Rhinowrecker > Calamity > Rhinowrecker > Cloudsplitter
for Distortion > Fusion > Light
if you are focused on that pet.
Those who focus on Decimation with Kaja Axe / Dolichenus tend to like Vivacious Vickie:
Decimation > Sweeping Gouge > Decimation > Decimationi
which is Induration > Fragmentation > Light
you can do the same with Primal Rend > Sweeping Gouge > Primal Rend > Mistral Axe if not useing Kaja/Dolichenus

Bst has alot of options for skillchains. if you trying to list them all out for pets.. I did it a few years ago, haven't updated it. it was a few pages long though. Its more useful to understand all the skillchain properties and how they work in my opinion.

Xilkk thank you so much for the response. What I am proposing is basically more of an intermediate guide. I see some multistep skill chains as you have listed but I do not yet personally have the vast amount of gear to make them happen.self skill chaining with guttler (no pet) is currently out of my reach.

I am more proposing having intermediate skill chain lists as opposed to end game. I do use skill chain calculator, but I also find that it's often wrong when it comes to pet interaction. For instance it tells you that Onslaught to Tegmina Buffet = Darkness. I wish that worked but it simply does not.

Most comprehensive skill chain lists do not even show Beast ready moves at all.

Again, tha k you for you input. I will focus more on multi step. Theoretical 19 seconds to build back to 1000 tp should be doable. Not so much 10 seconds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-09-03 00:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaigin said: »
I do use skill chain calculator, but I also find that it's often wrong when it comes to pet interaction. For instance it tells you that Onslaught to Tegmina Buffet = Darkness. I wish that worked but it simply does not.

This might just be a timing issue:

Another possibility is the skillchain can fall apart when battling multiple foes at once - the Distortion skillchain property only gets applied to the pet's primary target. In that instance, a simple workaround is to use the Fight command on your desired skillchain target before executing Tegmina Buffet.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-09-03 02:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some more testing on Apex bats, and the 40k is a real number, but it's also a 3k TP number, as I wasn't paying attention while fighting my trusts to make a consistent light.

Averaged out to around 33-34k per burst, without food, familiar, or any buffs besides my MAB set.

Not as crazy as I initially thought, but still a pretty good number, especially as my pet set can use some extra improvements. And at only two charges the move's fast enough to burst double light.

I didn't test what Grape Daifuku would add to those numbers.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-03 09:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

People keep downplaying bsts enmity shed by saying its easier to heal the master. Sure, it is easier to heal the master, but the pet dying is always better than the master dying. On any content where there is a real threat of a mob turning and killing you rapidly before healers and tanks can react, its always better to have the mob turn on the pet than the master.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-09-03 09:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

@Gaigin
your best skillchains will depend alot on which weaponskills you have the best sets for. If you have desultor tassets with sic/ready recast reduction in your ready set, you can squeeze in 2x rhinowreckers around your master.

I would like something like Rhinowrecker > Calamity > Rhinowrecker > Cloudsplitter
Those who focus on Decimation with Kaja Axe / Dolichenus tend to like Vivacious Vickie:
you can do the same with Primal Rend > Sweeping Gouge > Primal Rend > Mistral Axe if not useing Kaja/Dolichenus

Bst has alot of options for skillchains. if you trying to list them all out for pets.. I did it a few years ago, haven't updated it. it was a few pages long though. Its more useful to understand all the skillchain properties and how they work in my opinion.

Xilkk thank you so much for the response. What I am proposing is basically more of an intermediate guide. I see some multistep skill chains as you have listed but I do not yet personally have the vast amount of gear to make them happen.self skill chaining with guttler (no pet) is currently out of my reach.

I am more proposing having intermediate skill chain lists as opposed to end game. I do use skill chain calculator, but I also find that it's often wrong when it comes to pet interaction. For instance it tells you that Onslaught to Tegmina Buffet = Darkness. I wish that worked but it simply does not.

Again, tha k you for you input. I will focus more on multi step. Theoretical 19 seconds to build back to 1000 tp should be doable. Not so much 10 seconds.

I've been playing around with making different skillchains using an old school chart. If you're interested in specific pets I can help you out.

EDIT: I decided to play around and make up some different skillchains with various pets. They SHOULD work. I will admit, I am not a BST so I cannot test these. Some of these skillchains are very long. As such, they might require anywhere from some to a significant amount of outside buffs. I did these for fun so if anyone has anything they would like to add please do. I did my best to do skillchains that pets could burst on.

Vivacious Vickie (Raaz)
1) Decimation > Sweeping Gouge > (Induration) > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light)

Jovial Edwin (Krabkatoa)
1) Mega Scissors > Decimation > (Reverberation) > Smash Axe > (Induration) > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light)
2) Decimation > Mega Scissors > (Gravitation) > Ruinator > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)
*Requires Aeonic for Darkness property.

Energized Sefina (Orange Beetle)
1) Rhinowrecker > Calamity/Rampage > (Distortion) > Decimation > (Fusion) > Cloudsplitter > (Light)
2) Rhinowrecker > Primal Rend > (Gravitation) > Ruinator > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)

Vivacious Gaston (Lynx)**Solely for magic burst purposes
1) Decimation > Smash Axe > (Induration) > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light)

Daring Roland (Hippogryph)
1) Smash Axe > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light) > Hoof Volley > (Light)
2) Smash Axe > Back Heel > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light) > Hoof Volley* > (Light)
*I don’t know if you will have enough charges by the time you need to close the second light.

Sultry Patrice (Slime)
1) Fluid Spread > Calamity/Rampage > (Distortion) > Primal Rend/Onslaught > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)
2) Primal Rend/Onslaught > Fluid Spread > (Fragmentation) > Ruinator > (Distortion) > Primal Rend/Onslaught > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)

Warlike Patrick (Lizard)
1) Brain Crush > Tail Blow > ( Fusion) > Cloudsplitter > (Light)
2) Brain Crush > Tail Blow > (Fusion) > Brain Crush > (Liquification)
3)Calamity/Rampage > Brain Crush > (Liquification) > Calamity > (Fusion) > Cloudsplitter > (Light)

Bouncing Bertha (Chapuli)
1) Tegmina Buffet > Decimation > (Fusion) > Cloudsplitter > (Light)
2) Sensilla Blades > Decimation > (Reverberation) > Smash Axe > (Induration) > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation (Light)

Swooping Zhivago (Tulfaire)
Note: I attempted to take advantage of the MDB- from Swooping Frenzy.
1) Swooping Frenzy > Primal Rend > (Gravitation) > Cloudsplitter > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light)
2) Ruinator > Decimation > (Fusion) > Cloudsplitter > (Light) > Pentapeck > (Light)
3) Pentapeck > Primal Rend > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter > (Darkness)
Smash Axe > Swooping Frenzy > (Fragmentation) > Ruinator > (Distortion) > Primal Rend > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter > (Darkness)

Brainy Waluis (Funguar)
1) Raging Axe > Frogkick > (Gravitation) > Ruinator > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)

Generous Arthur (Slug) **Solely for magic burst purposes
1) Rampage /Calamity > Decimation > (Reverberation) > Smash Axe > (Induration) > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light)
2) Primal Rend > Cloudsplitter > (Fragmentation) > Ruinator > (Distortion) > Primal Rend > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)

Fluffy Bredo (Acuex) **Solely for magic burst purposes
Note: I attempted to take advantage of the MDB- from Pestilent Plume.
1) Rampage /Calamity > Decimation > (Reverberation) > Smash Axe > (Induration) > Decimation > (Fragmentation) > Decimation > (Light)
2) Decimation > Primal Rend > (Gravitation) > Cloudsplitter > (Fragmentation) > Ruinator > (Distortion) > Primal Rend > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter > (Darkness)
3) Primal Rend > Cloudsplitter > (Fragmentation) > Ruinator > (Distortion) > Primal Rend > (Darkness) > Cloudsplitter/Onslaught/Ruinator* > (Darkness)
[+]
By Gaigin 2020-09-03 12:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Falkirk and Dekar, thank you very much! This helps me a ton and I am sure it will help others.

I don't have image hosting available to me but I got some great numbers already working with this stuff.

Thanks again, saving your post.

PS: Falkirk, I am both glad and embarrassed that Onslaught makes darkness with Tegmina Buffet as I know I tested it (poorly apparently) and then stamped it as no-worky and left it forever. Thanks!
[+]
By shamgi 2020-09-03 14:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
People keep downplaying bsts enmity shed by saying its easier to heal the master. Sure, it is easier to heal the master, but the pet dying is always better than the master dying. On any content where there is a real threat of a mob turning and killing you rapidly before healers and tanks can react, its always better to have the mob turn on the pet than the master.

The slime is the perfect hate shed target now anyways. It even heals itself trivially.

Only problem there is people want Arthur for it's debuff.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-03 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

shamgi said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

The slime is the perfect hate shed target now anyways. It even heals itself trivially.

Only problem there is people want Arthur for it's debuff.

Doesnt matter what pet it is, if something would kill the master, the pet dying is always preferable, as it just costs a CD, as opposed to a spellcast, weakness timer(s), and CD. And even on drg, if you have 2 cors in an alli you can generally get wyv back very easily in an event. And bst has more fallbacks than drg.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-09-03 19:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Snarl gets mentioned everytime there is any BST conversation, even if the conversation has nothing to do with Snarl. Oh you discussing BST mechanical issues? Ya'll forget you can drop all hate on pet though. Trying to figure out skillchains? Don't sleep on using that Snarl though. Wish that slime does more damage pffft!! He's perfect for me dropping those Snarls though!

I don't get the obsession but pop off I guess...
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-09-04 02:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Snarl gets mentioned everytime there is any BST conversation, even if the conversation has nothing to do with Snarl. Oh you discussing BST mechanical issues? Ya'll forget you can drop all hate on pet though. Trying to figure out skillchains? Don't sleep on using that Snarl though. Wish that slime does more damage pffft!! He's perfect for me dropping those Snarls though!
A large group of JP players were complaining that mastering bst forced the pet to be the tank and they didnt like that because the pets were hard to heal and flimsy unless you crippled master damage. They finally got the devs to change it after pangu came out, when they said they would never use the item because mastering the job made it harder to keep hate off the pet. Even with a great item like pangu, they would rather not have had the +20 enmity on the pet. With 5/5 malignace, there isnt much you cant tank effortlessly, if you can somehow grab hate. The JP players wanted hate on the master before malignace came out. Think about that for a minute.

Snarl probably isnt as worthless as I say, But it is pretty close. I have it as mildly better than charm. I mean 5/5 malignace bst is more durable and easier to cure than the slime. ALso you dont have to sacrifice your DPS by using digest.

I wish they had an ability like "purr" and the pet transferred enmity to the master. I'd trade it for charm or something. Or maybe had a "cover" type ability that allowed master to take damage for the pet and then a reverse option for it. But I guess it doesnt matter since you can just snarl your hate onto your terrible DPS slime that has no good debuffs lol. The aegis bird is overall better imo.
By SimonSes 2020-09-04 04:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
A large group of JP players were complaining that mastering bst forced the pet to be the tank and they didnt like that because the pets were hard to heal and flimsy unless you crippled master damage. They finally got the devs to change it after pangu came out, when they said they would never use the item because mastering the job made it harder to keep hate off the pet. Even with a great item like pangu, they would rather not have had the +20 enmity on the pet. With 5/5 malignace, there isnt much you cant tank effortlessly, if you can somehow grab hate. The JP players wanted hate on the master before malignace came out. Think about that for a minute.

Snarl probably isnt as worthless as I say, But it is pretty close. I have it as mildly better than charm. I mean 5/5 malignace bst is more durable and easier to cure than the slime. ALso you dont have to sacrifice your DPS by using digest.

I wish they had an ability like "purr" and the pet transferred enmity to the master. I'd trade it for charm or something. Or maybe had a "cover" type ability that allowed master to take damage for the pet and then a reverse option for it. But I guess it doesnt matter since you can just snarl your hate onto your terrible DPS slime that has no good debuffs lol. The aegis bird is overall better imo.

You just limit usefulness of Snarl to your playstyle (6/6 party with optimal composition). Easy great application of Snarl would be Odyssey NMs in B. When boss pop the adds, you have 3 mobs on you, which might be a problem, but if you Snarl boss to pet and go for adds it becomes much easier. Its generally super useful in many low man scenario.

Lets talk about your scenario tho. You keep talking about how using pet commands lower your dps and keep talking about how easy is to hybrid tank in 5/5 Malignance, but you kinda ignore full picture how that actually looks in practice. If you have enemy that has ability to one shot you (if you are not in 5/5 Malignance) and you grab hate than every time you WS, you risk being one shoted. Malignance is great, but you wont WS in it and you will WS back to back on BST if you want to keep DPS high. So you either start timing your WS and lower your DPS or you still spam WS risking being killed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-04 11:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Because youre talking about content where the master isnt going to just get one shot, and gear and traits that *force* enmity generation on your pet, even when its not needed.

Having an HQ mob turn on you, you can bet im 100% letting my pet eat ***before i do. Pets are harder to heal, but thats irrelevant if you are dead.
By Spaitin 2020-09-04 16:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You just limit usefulness of Snarl to your playstyle (6/6 party with optimal composition).
I think this is the 6th time I have had to correct you on this. It is extremely odd that you think my playstyle involves WSing as fast as possible and not stopping for any reason. If 6/6 with optimal composition were my playstyle, why would I have bst in it? So obviously not optimal composition lol. I have said MANY times I dont think bst is optimal. Especially after your ridiculous suggestion that I mostly superbuff and solo DPS for long SC. You make a lot of weird assumptions. My scenario is obvious, it is basically any situation where you have a WHM (trust or real). In sheol B I disagree, you are ignoring all the better ways that bst can deal with the adds lol. I would rather have various other pets. I.E. Use the slug,crab,raaz,hipp,lynx,sheep and then you can easily keep the hate on the master in Sheol B, you can actually do it without them tbh, particularly in lowman. They are very unlikely to 1 shot you even with WS set. And if they are, just time your WS. Only you seem to think that spamming as fast as possible is "high DPS". You can easilly slow it down a little and maintain high DPS and durability. I know you dont play bst, so I assume you are getting snarls value out of how you guess it might be useful.

Yeah, some content being oneshot is a big risk, not a ton of that content. Bst is actually better at dealing with being one shot than most other non tank jobs. I think you just don't know about other pets tbh. You are using a rare scenario as a common scenario.

Like I said, snarl isnt completely worhtless, Just not a ton of great uses for it. If I am undervaluing it, you are overvaluing it by at least the same amount.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-04 21:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing with counter/subtle blow set on mnk using zealous snort.

I have several messages in log where I guard the enemies attack while dual wielding. forgot that was there. and that it could guard while NOT being h2h
By SimonSes 2020-09-05 05:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is the 6th time I have had to correct you on this. It is extremely odd that you think my playstyle involves WSing as fast as possible and not stopping for any reason. If 6/6 with optimal composition were my playstyle, why would I have bst in it? So obviously not optimal composition lol. I have said MANY times I dont think bst is optimal. Especially after your ridiculous suggestion that I mostly superbuff and solo DPS for long SC. You make a lot of weird assumptions. My scenario is obvious, it is basically any situation where you have a WHM (trust or real). In sheol B I disagree, you are ignoring all the better ways that bst can deal with the adds lol. I would rather have various other pets. I.E. Use the slug,crab,raaz,hipp,lynx,sheep and then you can easily keep the hate on the master in Sheol B, you can actually do it without them tbh, particularly in lowman. They are very unlikely to 1 shot you even with WS set. And if they are, just time your WS. Only you seem to think that spamming as fast as possible is "high DPS". You can easilly slow it down a little and maintain high DPS and durability. I know you dont play bst, so I assume you are getting snarls value out of how you guess it might be useful.

I mean optimal composition with bst, not optimal in general. I also assume things based on what you say. In low man scenario WHM is usually a trust and trust is for sure not reliable enough to say that its better to have hate on master than pet. Most content wont one shot you from 100% hp, but with trust healer you will very oftrn be in situation when you are at yellow hp, get hit with something strong during WS, that drop you to low red and you get killed by regular hit right after, while whm trust not reacting fast enough. I dont play BST, but I play lowman on other jobs and even on THF in full malignance with capped evasion I sometimes gets killed exactly like that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-05 08:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been 1 shot in full malignance gear on odc NM's.
By shamgi 2020-09-05 18:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have several messages in log where I guard the enemies attack while dual wielding. forgot that was there. and that it could guard while NOT being h2h

I'm really curious about this. As far as I know, there's no message in the logs about a guard, it just shows the animated and reduces the damage.

Do you have logs or anything else to show this happening? Are you using something that informs you when guards happen?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-09-07 07:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have logs or anything else to show this happening? Are you using something that informs you when guards happen?

You can see it with Battlemod:

[+]
By shamgi 2020-09-07 14:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so there's yet another layer of defensive tech added to Vickie. It's honestly kind of absurd how much it gives you.

Is the rate 15% or 25% for the guard chance?

But seriously, That means a BST with Vickie can have shield blocks, guarding, countering, and parrying alongside killer effects as defensive tech.

Now if they give us Empy +3 body with an even stronger effect on it things might get obscene.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-09-08 16:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

@Gaigin

Hello there, BST community! The job has become an increasingly interesting one to me over the past few years. I see a lot of potential and versatility in. I haven't taken the dive yet to bring it out of cold storage but it feels like the day is getting closer and closer. As such, I cannot test these myself. Most of these should work, but if I have made any mistakes or have missed anything, please let me know. I'm hoping both new and old BSTs find this useful for planning strategies around specific pets. Please be gentle, I don't usually post work like it. :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13pEZCeBLkMF_yROHxV_rQCGzYyWpnyL1c66wAR3UBSc/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: doing this has helped me appreciate Guttler a little bit more. If you're trying to avoid Primal Rend (for whatever reason) it's a fantastic substitute for a Gravitation property.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-09-09 00:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm curious about Guttler. There's been a lot of weird stealth buffs to it. Crossthrash now provides a WS that's far less annoying to play around than Buffet while also allowing for double darkness, and it just happens to be on the pet we get that gains the most from the Aftermath. That we can also get Randy to 78% DA without too much sacrifice(+2 Neck and the Guttler alone achieve this) means that with a Guttler as the main weapon you've got a pretty heavily buffed pet without having to wear much of any pet specific gear. I just don't know if that'll be enough.

In terms of party situations, I'm more and more curious about using BST in a bursting style party. BST's capability to self skillchain is pretty damn good in the context of the pet, and it also now has a lot of self buffs and traits that help it shine without major support buffs. It's pretty trivial for a BST to self chain light while in heavy DT gear, for example, since it doesn't need to hit that 1k TP in the resonance window like other self chaining jobs do.
By shamgi 2020-09-10 03:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not confirmed, but new axe augment looks to be:

[1]DMG:+21
[2]Accuracy+40 Mag. Acc.+40
[3]STR/DEX/CHR+10
[4]Pet: Accuracy+40 Mag. Acc.+40

Fairly disappointing, though that is a lot of pure stats in a single weapon. Dunno how it works for WSs, I think Primal Rend uses both CHA and DEX, so maybe good?

Yea, Primal Rend is 60CHA/30DEX.

The most interesting thing about this axe at a glance is that it offers 28 to STR/DEX/CHA, so it might be good for a Primal Rend main hand setup where you're spamming Mistral otherwise, since you're getting stats for all the WSs. Doubt it'll be worth the price tag, however.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-09-10 20:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The front page has been updated.
[+]
By PunishmentXI 2020-09-12 19:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a working BST lua since the august update? I have tried several and i keep running into problems. I was using Beaztmasters simple lua but since the update, it doesn't swap precast or midcast for any of the ready moves that were added (Hoof Volley, Crossthrash,etc).
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-13 09:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

PunishmentXI said: »
Anyone have a working BST lua since the august update? I have tried several and i keep running into problems. I was using Beaztmasters simple lua but since the update, it doesn't swap precast or midcast for any of the ready moves that were added (Hoof Volley, Crossthrash,etc).

Falkirk's is up to date. but if you been using beaztmaster's maybe you already don't prefer Falkirk's.
By PunishmentXI 2020-09-14 22:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually just converted to Selindrile's gearswap hoping to solve the problem, and I can't get it to swap anything when using the new ready moves added in August. Works as intended for everything else after some tinkering, but none of the new stuff works. It's been updated since the patch.

I reached out on the discord for support and not having much luck.
By SimonSes 2020-09-14 23:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

PunishmentXI said: »
I've actually just converted to Selindrile's gearswap hoping to solve the problem, and I can't get it to swap anything when using the new ready moves added in August. Works as intended for everything else after some tinkering, but none of the new stuff works. It's been updated since the patch.

I reached out on the discord for support and not having much luck.

Just add everything manually to BST.lua in Data folder? In the same place where every other ready moves are.
By Kronkeykong 2020-09-15 13:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm curious about Guttler. There's been a lot of weird stealth buffs to it. Crossthrash now provides a WS that's far less annoying to play around than Buffet while also allowing for double darkness, and it just happens to be on the pet we get that gains the most from the Aftermath. That we can also get Randy to 78% DA without too much sacrifice(+2 Neck and the Guttler alone achieve this) means that with a Guttler as the main weapon you've got a pretty heavily buffed pet without having to wear much of any pet specific gear. I just don't know if that'll be enough.

In terms of party situations, I'm more and more curious about using BST in a bursting style party. BST's capability to self skillchain is pretty damn good in the context of the pet, and it also now has a lot of self buffs and traits that help it shine without major support buffs. It's pretty trivial for a BST to self chain light while in heavy DT gear, for example, since it doesn't need to hit that 1k TP in the resonance window like other self chaining jobs do.

I've been wondering about Guttler too. Especially since all I need are Plutons for it now. I think BST is super interesting especially as a frontline DD class. Really looking to get into it after I finish my Redemption.

Plus I picked up every shard and void piece for ~500k total about a year ago. Mega Profit.
By Zyx1337 2020-09-16 14:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried to solo Lilith HTB on BST ? (With trusts)got my *** kicked thoroughly.
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 175 176 177