Netflix Developing Live-Action ‘Legend Of Zelda

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Netflix Developing Live-Action ‘Legend of Zelda
Netflix Developing Live-Action ‘Legend of Zelda
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Houppelande 2015-02-06 16:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

“The Legend of Zelda,” one of the most popular videogame series of all time, is in the works as a television show at Netflix.

The video streaming service is in the early stages of developing a live action series based on “Zelda,” about an ordinary boy named Link who must rescue a princess named Zelda and save a fantasy world called Hyrule, said a person familiar with the matter. As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said.

The “Zelda” games have traditionally included swords and sorcery, like “Game of Thrones” or “Lord of the Rings,” but typically with a more light-hearted, kid-friendly tone.

Netflix is said to be working closely with Nintendo, the Japanese game developer that has made about 20 “The Legend of Zelda” games since the original, which was released in the U.S. in 1987.

Nintendo is very protective of its intellectual property and has allowed few adaptations over the years. An animated “Legend of Zelda” series ran for just one season in 1989. A 1993 movie based on Nintendo’s “Super Mario Bros.” was an infamous bomb.

As it is still seeking a writer to work on the series, Netflix has a long road to travel before a “Legend of Zelda” series actually becomes a reality. It’s also possible that Netflix or Nintendo will kill the project before it gets off the ground.

A Netflix spokeswoman declined to comment. A Nintendo spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Source
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 16:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ***.

Just when I switched from Netflix to Hulu.....

Oh, there's hope left:

Quote:
As it is still seeking a writer to work on the series, Netflix has a long road to travel before a “Legend of Zelda” series actually becomes a reality. It’s also possible that Netflix or Nintendo will kill the project before it gets off the ground.
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-06 16:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be a little interesting... might actually get me to use my (girlfriends) netflix account lol.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2015-02-06 16:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't buy it. After that live action LoZ trailer was released as an April Fool's joke years back, I'm not willing to believe this until the first episode comes out.
By dedrummer000 2015-02-06 16:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ariyon said: »
I don't buy it. After that live action LoZ trailer was released as an April Fool's joke years back, I'm not willing to believe this until the first episode comes out.

that was an epic trailer though lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2015-02-06 16:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

dedrummer000 said: »

that was an epic trailer though lol
It was. Other than the fact that the guy in the trailer was right-handed, it was absolutely amazing. Which is why I and so many other got pissed when it turned out to be an elaborate prank.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-06 18:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cautiously pessimistic.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-06 18:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It was. Other than the fact that the guy in the trailer was right-handed, it was absolutely amazing. Which is why I and so many other got pissed when it turned out to be an elaborate prank.

Why does everyone nit pick about which hand Link uses? Each incarnation of Link is different, some lefties, some righties. Big deal! xD

Looking forward to this, even though it could end up very badly.