[ UK ] Human Trials Of A Bionic Eye.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » [ UK ] human trials of a bionic eye.
[ UK ] human trials of a bionic eye.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-03 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Source

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2136864/Scientists-conduct-human-trials-bionic-eye.html

Quote:
‘The aim for this vision prosthetic is to be at least equivalent to a seeing-eye dog or a white cane,’ said team leader Professor Arthur Lowery.

‘While it would initially complement existing aids such as these, we believe the device eventually will replace them, and as the technology is further refined, become sufficiently sensitive to discriminate large print.

‘The microchips we are testing will be implanted directly on the surface of a patient’s visual cortex, located at the back of the brain. It’s estimated that each patient will receive a grid of up to 14 eight-by-eight millimetre tiles.’

Each tile, he explained, comprises a four-by-four millimetre microchip with some 500,000 transistors and 45 hair-thin electrodes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2136864/Scientists-conduct-human-trials-bionic-eye.html#ixzz3Qi2MVvgk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
By Ramyrez 2015-02-03 12:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: That said: Daily Mail. Take with a large dose of sodium chloride.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-03 12:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if this means people blinded by their own stupidity can now see how stupid they are?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-03 12:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Wonder if this means people blinded by their own stupidity can now see how stupid they are?

[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-03 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is more "think Google Glasses" and Implant to the rear of the eye. Interesting read as my brother is blind from an injury he sustained.

Personally though, I prefer him blind.

So much in so, this is on the news here, so I told him to "watch" the news......

Yes I'm going to hell.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-03 12:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

...yikes?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-03 12:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

...yikes?

I don't think we've been introduced, I'm Conagh, a heartless, hateful person that enjoys tormenting my brother!

Seriously though, him being blind chilled him out, prior he was a Psychopath, but this isderailing FAR too soon.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-03 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly.
[+]