Burtgang trials
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2015-02-02 10:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

Any advice for 300 undead atonement killshot trial? I saw that skelets in aby attowah is a recommended place on wiki but I found out that having 3 trusts is better then atmas (at least for the previous trial). Any spot where I could use trust and with plenty of undead gathered?

Or maybe I'm doing it wrong in aby but when I tried it was slower to kill a mob there with higher risk of unwanted kill due to RR and multi attack and having to wait for last 15% HP...

Edit: I hate atonement already...
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-02-02 10:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did these with a ls mate, Abby is your best bet. DW is your friend, and usually do dogs in abby attowha!

These trials suck, no matter where you go tbh.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-02-02 10:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can go to the basement of Eldieme Necropolis. They're weak enough and can run around doing plenty of mobs there. Atonement gets better later with AM3 up but yeah, it's static damage based on your hate.

Edit: Atonement cap 1778 with Karieyh ring and 1731 w/o (was it?).
 Sylph.Ticu
Server: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-02-02 10:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Basement of Eldieme is great for this. i powered through excalibur trials fairly quickly on the shadows and skeletons. don't forget banish weakens skeletons if you have a hard time gauging killshot damage.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-02 11:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to abyssea attohwa. Don't get DD atma. Don't need em, dun want em. Get a regen atma, and something with enmity+. If there were a WS dmg atma that workd for 1H that'd be great, but there's not.

Head to conflux #6. Grab all the skellies. Line em up along a wall to get them all in front.

Dagger up and sentinel, then aeolian edge spam them down to low HP. Switch targets after each AE. You don't want skillchains. You want all the mobs to have about the same HP. DON'T, use MAB atma. AE spamming is two fold. Gets them low, and gets you enmity for Atonement dmg. But magic WS suck for enmity, and only the base+WSC DMG counts towards enmity. So better to spam a few more AE at lower damage for higher enmity.

Once you've primed your pull, with most mobs in the 10~% range, slap on ye Burtgang and start spamming Atonement about as fast as you can hit the macro. There's should be nearly zero risk on killing them via melee. As you should be WS'ing so fast, you won't get any melee hits off anyway. It might take more than one atonement to kill a mob, but np. You get TP hella fast. And hey, atonement has a higher dmg cap now than when I did this. Nice.

Once you've finished off your pull, go north a bit to hounds, and do it again. You don't need to kill every mob per pull. Once your TP gain starts to get too slow and you're actually meleeing, you can move camps. You can finish the leftovers off once you have new TP feed pets. Clear out the remnants, then start AE'ing the new pull down.

Potential issue. If you're in full 119 gear, the mobs may miss a lot. Which makes your TP gain suck. The solution here is to wear older gear with no evasion on it. Or no gear, lol. I actually have a eva- set.

Also, if you have a shield mastery+ kaiser schaller, that helps.

You can do most of the kill trials this way, and they go pretty damn fast. Just gotta find camps with enough mobs. preferably enough to alternate pulls.
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Can go to the basement of Eldieme Necropolis. They're weak enough and can run around doing plenty of mobs there. Atonement gets better later with AM3 up but yeah, it's static damage based on your hate.

Edit: Atonement cap 1778 with Karieyh ring and 1731 w/o (was it?).
The atonement WS dmg bonus comes AFTER all the killshot trials are done. So you're not gonna see dmg that high, till you've already suffered through all the kill shot trials.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-02-02 12:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't suggest abyssea because if you have to AFK (yes sometimes I do trials during work), you have to consider the time out issue with abyssea. Unless you don't have a problem farming time or exiting and re-entering after acquiring more stones.

For the cap, it was implied that Atonement itself caps after all the trials. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-02 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the above method, there's maybe one trial you couldn't finish in less than two hours. And that's just cause there's no good camps for that one.

If you have to afk, hit your warp scroll and come back later.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2015-02-02 12:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the tips everyone!