Man Robs Gamestop And Slits Employees Throat

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man robs Gamestop and slits employees throat
Man robs Gamestop and slits employees throat
First Page 2
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-16 18:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Police arrested a man they believe slit the throat of a game store employee in Renton before making off with money Wednesday morning.

The robbery occurred about 10:58 a.m. The suspect entered the Game Stop in the 200 block of South Second Street in Renton and forced a 23-year-old employee to open the cash register at knifepoint, reports say.

He then slit her throat and took off on foot with an unknown amount of cash.

The employee was taken to Harborview Medical Center. Her condition is stable as of Wednesday night reports.

The attacker was described as a black male between 20 and 30 years old at 6 feet tall with a heavy build.

He wore a black cap, tan Carhartt jacket and a black scarf around the lower part of his face.

The robber appeared to change clothes since the attack and repurpose his scarf, as depicted by surveillance footage taken still in downtown Renton.

After police spend the day searching for the man, King County 911 calltakers fielded a report about 5 p.m. indicating the man was in the 13000 block of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way in Skyway.

Renton police and King County sheriff’s deputies responded to the area, found the 44-year-old suspect and arrested him. He was booked into King County Jail for investigation of robbery and attempted murder.

Source

Heard of this one after seeing this video.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-16 18:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably pestered him about pre-ordering games
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-01-16 18:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never understand wtf thieves, muggers and robbers use violence after they've achieved their goal of getting the money.

Hope they fry this evil sob.
(Yes, I'm pro capital punishment)
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-16 18:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Probably pestered him about pre-ordering games

Probably didn't understand pre-ordering doesn't cost extra.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-16 18:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-ordering a game that doesn't give you a bonus for doing so is kinda pointless anyway. Wait a few weeks or a month or two and it'll probably be cheaper
By Bloodrose 2015-01-16 18:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This kind of stuff burns me up.

While it's easy to joke about this ***for some people, it hits closer to home than others.

Like the guy in the video. He rants, raves, and is rightfully angry. He expresses his views and acknowledges that what he says should happen to this guy is stemming from the anger and ***that has been personal experiences in his life.

The 7-11 down the street from me used to be robbed every 3-4 months when I first moved into my apartment, when only 1-2 employees were on, and they happened to be women. That was partly the fault of the management, since no employee where cash is easily accessible should feel threatened while doing their job. In fact, no employee should feel threatened while doing their job, even if there is an inherent risk in that position.

Personally, I've never had an issue with pre-ordering games from Gamestop or Electronics Boutique. No one I know has.

But the joke that Dracondria is alluding to, is that she somehow deserved being robbed, having her throat slit, being unable to work, unable to provide, developing mental and physical trauma, possibly losing the ability to work, having to go through months, if not years of rehabilitation and possible psychiatric care, legal and hospital fees, fighting with her insurance company, etc., all under the "probably pestering him about pre-ordered games"
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

More proof that banning guns does not stop violent crimes. Infact a gun owner near by could have stopped this or at the very least made this criminal think twice about even commiting the crime due to risk of being shot because of so many people carrying guns. Too bad this wasn't the case...
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-16 18:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not proof of anything lol. Other than maybe that violent crime exists?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-16 18:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Going full potato doesn't start until page 9. GTFO until then, Endoq.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-16 19:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
This kind of stuff burns me up.

While it's easy to joke about this ***for some people, it hits closer to home than others.

Like the guy in the video. He rants, raves, and is rightfully angry. He expresses his views and acknowledges that what he says should happen to this guy is stemming from the anger and ***that has been personal experiences in his life.

Agreed. I cant say exactly why, maybe its just the stuff ive seen and the way my mind developed from it, or just the inevitable development of it, i dunno, but this stuff all hits me pretty damn close. Iv posted a fair amount of situations like this and they all get me individually. Thats also why i like listening to alphaomegasin's videos. More then the fact that i tend to agree with many his outlook and opinions, but the fact that hes utilized means at his disposal to express himself. Some times that alone can keep a person from going crazy.

Quote:
How come Mom is crazy and I'm not? Well, it's possible my mom could stand up in front of this many people and talk about all the crap in her life and those people could have sat around and laughed with her, it would've meant nothing and she could have moved on cool.
It's also possible she could have taken out the whole front row with a large-caliber weapon.
- Christopher Titus
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-16 19:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

rly dont want to get into that argument in this thread, but it actually does prove it. A massive amount has going to creating the evil perception of guns along with the idea that no violent crimes would happen if the government took them all from us. - Stuff like this does prove that it doesnt change a thing ultimately. Its the person/people, not the tool.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-16 19:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But the joke that Dracondria is alluding to, is that she somehow deserved being robbed, having her throat slit, being unable to work, unable to provide, developing mental and physical trauma, possibly losing the ability to work, having to go through months, if not years of rehabilitation and possible psychiatric care, legal and hospital fees, fighting with her insurance company, etc., all under the "probably pestering him about pre-ordered games"

Lol, no

They're just notorious for pissing people off by being extremely pushy about pre-orders
By Bloodrose 2015-01-16 19:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... no.

That's actually in the minority, where general sales are plummeting from those particular locations.

Whether intended or not, that is what you alluded to.

Statements or jokes in that manner, end up justifying what happened to the victim, and you *** know this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-01-16 19:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Disgusting piece of human refuse. I've worked in a Gamestop in the past, and that crime occurred before 11:00AM in the morning on a Wednesday? What did that guy get, $300.00~ or so tops? Mostly the opening "change" draw. But still felt compelled to slit the throat of a 23 year old woman? I hope that POS never sees the light of society again, life without parole would be a start.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-16 19:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... no.

That's actually in the minority, where general sales are plummeting from those particular locations.

Whether intended or not, that is what you alluded to.

Statements or jokes in that manner, end up justifying what happened to the victim, and you *** know this.

Don't get so angry over a joke
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-16 19:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get so angry over a joke

well technically you are making a joke about a 23 year old women that get her throat slit... what exactly were you expecting?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 19:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Going full potato doesn't start until page 9. GTFO until then, Endoq.

I'm not a potato :(

My comment was full of substance..

Starchy delicious substance.
By Blazed1979 2015-01-16 19:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Please no Pro-Guns vs Anti-Guns derailing =/

Guns are bad. Are you crazy 'murica?

that is all.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 19:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a valid point actually. This wouldn't have happened if there was too high a risk involved in commiting crimes. I bet this guy only gets a few years probation for doing this and sets no example to other would be criminals
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-16 19:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

He attacked a 23 year old woman, got the money, THEN slit her throat.

I doubt there would be any leniency other than being able to prove or disprove intent on an attempted murder charge, simply due to legality.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He'll prolly say "vidyagaems maed me doit"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-16 19:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

rly dont want to get into that argument in this thread, but it actually does prove it. A massive amount has going to creating the evil perception of guns along with the idea that no violent crimes would happen if the government took them all from us. - Stuff like this does prove that it doesnt change a thing ultimately. Its the person/people, not the tool.
Haha ok then. Let me borrow that logic.

Thousands of people go to Gamestop on a daily basis. Only 1 of them has slit an employee's throat. Proof that gun control must be working as it has prevented hundreds of throats from being slit.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 19:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Haha ok then. Let me borrow that logic.

Thousands of people go to Gamestop on a daily basis. Only 1 of them has slit an employee's throat. Proof that gun control must be working as it has prevented hundreds of throats from being slit.
I lol'ed
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-16 19:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I lol'ed
only at the stupidity of it'
Im just not going to bother because 1. its pleebo... 2. its not what this thread is about
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-16 20:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Both arguments, are pretty stupid, but pleebo was using the same logic used to bolster yours - because it can be, and often is, applied to both sides.

More guns isn't the answer, otherwise the police would be all we need.

However, more guns, also means more guns in the hands of the criminals - career criminals or would-be criminals.

Guns are a serious danger - not because of police of wild police going vigilante, but because of irresponsible gun owners, and "accidents" that could have been prevented by being responsible.

However, "responsible" and "gun ownership" seems to be a taboo subject under the premise of "no true gun owner is that irresponsible with a fire-arm", and yet many really are. The Miracle, if you believe in them, is that any incident that happens, is isolated, but a growing trend, and often swept under the rug in lieu of better, more headline-worthy news.
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2015-01-16 20:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-ordering a game that doesn't give you a bonus for doing so is kinda pointless anyway. Wait a few weeks or a month or two and it'll probably be cheaper

Pre-ordering games that are less than popular guarantees you a copy. They make sure they send one for at least all their pre-orders.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-01-16 20:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

bananas are dangerous to irresponsible banana holders too.

A) can be used as a tool for suffocation

B) can accidentally be swallowed and cause injury

C) can slip on peel and break neck, back, or skull upon contact with a hard surface
By Bloodrose 2015-01-16 20:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The Banana peel slip myth has been debunked though.

However, it's still a cheap running gag in many cartoons.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-01-16 20:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also take someone out using a frozen hamburger or a hockey puck from up to 30 paces
[+]
First Page 2