Teen Girl Kills Brother - Justfied Or Murder?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Teen girl kills brother - Justfied or murder?
Teen girl kills brother - Justfied or murder?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Bloodrose 2015-01-09 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fear for safety as the police had reports of abuse, and CPS let it slide.

I imagine her mother and father would have been next had they been home.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-09 14:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bloodrose said: »
She had escaped from confinement, while fearing for her life, she murdered her abusive brother.

This isn't a "month later" scenario. Quit being potato.

Quote:
Police say the teen girl then broke into her parents' room through a window and used their pistol to fatally shoot her brother.

Exit house > Go back inside from a window to pick up a gun > Shoot her brother

But running away doesn't guarantee safety.

You're arguments a tad flimsy, it's not like she exited the house and was able to climb down to run away etc.

From what I gleamed she was on the upstairs and had to go back inside (I think). In any respect she was still in fight or flight mode so it's instinctive to a degree, could even put it down to rage of the moment territory which still invokes the basis for life and death which is fixed upon the tenants of flight or fight instinct.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-09 15:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Child Protective services weren't protecting her, nor were the police, when they had records.

It was literally a live or die scenario. There are many types of live or die scenarios that don't involve a direct threat at knife point.

So yes, it is being potato.

If you're going to be so adamantly potato about it, at least have the courtesy to be baked, and fully loaded.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 15:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

She quite possibly saved her younger sister a lifetime of abuse as well because i'm not sure even the cps can ignore the situation anymore
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-09 15:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to be so adamantly potato about it, at least have the courtesy to be baked, and fully loaded.

I could use to be baked and fully loaded...
By Ramyrez 2015-01-09 15:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand what Shiroi is saying and it's not like he's advocating for the girl to be charged as an adult and imprisoned.

I just think there's an argument to be made for her feeling threatened, as well as mentally unstable. She was clearly fearing for her future safety in addition to not thinking entirely clearly.

Maybe, maybe put it to a grand jury as charging her as a child, but personally I feel like the parents are the perpetrators here and she's been through enough.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-09 15:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that some cases are allowed to go to court simply as a means of discouraging similar behavior from occurring. Occasionally you'll see "copycats" who think that they can get away with it because someone else did. I don't think the girl should be tried, but if she does, then that could be a possible reason for it.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-09 15:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Keep in mind that some cases are allowed to go to court simply as a means of discouraging similar behavior from occurring. Occasionally you'll see "copycats" who think that they can get away with it because someone else did. I don't think the girl should be tried, but if she does, then that could be a possible reason for it.
that is a fair point, but in that case, they would simply be making an example out of her for doing what was necessary to survive.

I get the point you're making - to ultimately deter those who would claim this kind of behavior without any kind of evidence or proof, as a means to kill a family member.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-09 15:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
She quite possibly saved her younger sister a lifetime of abuse as well because i'm not sure even the cps can ignore the situation anymore

CPS can ignore -- or be helpless about -- an awful lot of ***by truly abusive parents while they're busy out investigating *** reports of child endangerment because someone let their kids play baseball unsupervised (in fairness, they have to investigate when they get reports, just some neighbors are idiots, but...).

That said, CYS has extremely limited powers in many cases. It's not even their fault they can't stop this stuff sometimes. I know someone who had to leave CYS because she just couldn't take the awful parents she couldn't do anything about anymore. You've got to be really, really terrible -- at least in Pennsylvania -- to have your kids taken away permanently...and even then you're allowed to just go and have more kids.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-09 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 15:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually think her response to this is quite restrained
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-09 15:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The 11 year old may be charged for letting her sister out of her room cell.

Let this be a lesson to you all; don't let your siblings out of locked rooms, or face the law.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-09 15:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
She should have shot the parents too
^

Siren.Mosin said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Prosecutors are mulling whether to charge the 15-year-old girl and her 11-year-old sister as adults.

that statement is crazy, especially in the case of the 11 year old.
^

This story is *** up, on so many levels.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 16:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If people had a sense of community these not even a word bad enough for it parents wouldn't live to see due process
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-09 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 kids are victims of terrible parenting.
The end.
Nothing more to see here!
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 17:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Child Protective services weren't protecting her, nor were the police, when they had records.

It was literally a live or die scenario. There are many types of live or die scenarios that don't involve a direct threat at knife point.

So yes, it is being potato.

potatoes are evil and delicious and eating them without overnight soaking to remove starch = hospital for me lol
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-01-09 17:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
Justified.

Murder is hardly ever "justified". I'm not saying the girl was "in the wrong", I think there was a better resolution. There could have been another way to alert the authorities.

That said, given the circumstances, she doesn't deserve to go to jail.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 17:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The authorities were alerted multiple times they did *** to protect these kids if you read all the reports you only get more disgusted
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-09 17:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Furthermore if she felt trapped in this situation with no exit route, and felt the authorities (we don't know if this was reported and disregarded previously) failed to help her, then it is life or death, as she has no other means to make it end.

Off topic, but is this a legitimate claim that works now a days? I remember in grade school well over a decade ago none of that flew. Get bullied repetitively over days/months, tell teacher repetitively over days/months, nothing ever done, stop the bullying yourself, get shipped off for anger management, counseling, suspended, arrested, etc. Saw it happen with many people standing up for themselves when those that were supposed to help didn't. Maybe my school was just screwed up lol.

More power to the system if that works as it should now.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-09 17:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to weigh in but then I realized..its Florida. Its ALWAYS Florida.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 17:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now California is doing it's best to catch up
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-09 17:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Furthermore if she felt trapped in this situation with no exit route, and felt the authorities (we don't know if this was reported and disregarded previously) failed to help her, then it is life or death, as she has no other means to make it end.

Off topic, but is this a legitimate claim that works now a days? I remember in grade school well over a decade ago none of that flew. Get bullied repetitively over days/months, tell teacher repetitively over days/months, nothing ever done, stop the bullying yourself, get shipped off for anger management, counseling, suspended, arrested, etc. Saw it happen with many people standing up for themselves when those that were supposed to help didn't. Maybe my school was just screwed up lol.

More power to the system if that works as it should now.
Not just your school, I was suspended, expelled, and at one point, a former school vice principle wanted to have me charged, because I was bigger than the kids bullying me. The kids also had records of being violent and physically assaulting others, isolating them etc. So when I finally slugged back, the VP called in the police to charge me.

Joke was on her though, police officer attending sided with me.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2015-01-09 17:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we're able to judge this girls actions given her history of abuse and mental trauma.

In the sake of judgment, I would say she is guilty, but would not resort to giving her a punishment. I would say it has been served.

I would charge the parents both with negligence, and abuse. It is unfathomable how they could have let things go so far without having seeked help, or put an end to it.

In the sake of *** that life, I think this girl is completely justified. Should be supported by people. No judgement should be passed except maybe having child services remove both children from the custody of the parents.

Lastly,

After that much abuse, and mental trauma. Considering a rational way to go about not being abused would be rather out of the norm. To think oh she did bad in killing, and should have thought things out first... that in itself is unrational.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-09 17:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said: »
I don't think we're able to judge this girls actions given her history of abuse and mental trauma.

In the sake of judgment, I would say she is guilty, but would not resort to giving her a punishment. I would say it has been served.

I would charge the parents both with negligence, and abuse. It is unfathomable how they could have let things go so far without having seeked help, or put an end to it.

In the sake of *** that life, I think this girl is completely justified. Should be supported by people. No judgement should be passed except maybe having child services remove both children from the custody of the parents.

Lastly,

After that much abuse, and mental trauma. Considering a rational way to go about not being abused would be rather out of the norm. To think oh she did bad in killing, and should have thought things out first... that in itself is unrational.
It isn't just negligent though, they were part of the child endangerment, and should be charged as such.

While I would say CPS should also be charged in the situation, as has been pointed out, even if they wanted to, there is a string of red tape keeping their hands figuratively tied behind their collective backs. Even the police who knew of the child endangerment and illegal confinement either willingly did nothing, or couldn't do anything, because of said red tape.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-09 18:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
Justified.

Murder is hardly ever "justified". I'm not saying the girl was "in the wrong", I think there was a better resolution. There could have been another way to alert the authorities.

Shut up, hippie.

It wasn't murder. It was justifiable homicide.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 18:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

should be homicide with expressed written consent of the grand jury and every other non sick *** on this planet... all 17 of us
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-09 18:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, the parents and her brother were the ones "terrorizing" and illegally confining a child.

The parents willingly confined their daughter. They provided only a blanket and a urine bucket, locking her in her room for up to 20 days at a time - as if they were proud of that fact.

This isn't about ***that isn't there, so quit politicizing it with what it isn't.

Given the situation, and the abuse endured, she took as many reasonable steps to ensure her safety, when others had failed to protect or provide the basic necessities of life.

Read the *** articles about what happened. Her brother was having sex with her (sexually assaulting her) when their parents weren't home. She lived in constant fear for her physical and mental well being with only 1 escape option left.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7