Man Poisons Dog To Death With Car Exhaust

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man poisons dog to death with car exhaust
Man poisons dog to death with car exhaust
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 14:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
In this country, people treat animals far better than humans. If an animal is homeless, killed or in dire straights, my television is flooded with commercials of how I can help feed, house, and take care of these destitute animals. Yet, I walk to the wawa and there are homeless people all over the building begging for spare change. There are some shelters here and there, but we just treat humans like dirt nowadays.
Maybe in your city this is true. Not in mine.

We have neither a serious homeless animal problem nor a serious homeless person problem. Our shelters for both are crowded but there are plenty of them and they are humane. Where I live, the beggars, pan-handlers, and chronic homeless are typically people who opt to live that way. And lest someone dispute me, I know this because I've spoken to them often and they've told me their game.

As a country, we really don't leave people without a safety net. We don't need Sarah McLachlan crying at us about homeless people because we have huge and effective organizations that assist them. Go into literally any church, temple, or mosque, and ask the folks in charge what they're doing for the poor. They'll have a laundry list of ways they help and, indeed, they are helping. Everything from food and shelter to job assistance and even things we prosperous people forget, like paying to get a state ID (poor people often don't have ID, it's why voting ID laws are bad).

Animal cruelty is a terrible thing, but we take care of our own species long before worrying about puppy mills and pomeranians being chucked out of fifth storey windows.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-07 14:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Old the one where god wasn't a pussy
Sequels are always a gamble
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-07 14:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, the Bible is one of the last things you want to cite when talking about animal cruelty.

If anything, the Bible more than defends and protects animals from cruel treatment. Unless I read your statement wrong.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-07 14:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, the Bible is one of the last things you want to cite when talking about animal cruelty.

If anything, the Bible more than defends and protects animals from cruel treatment. Unless I read your statement wrong.

I think the reference was to animal sacrifice. It's no less humane than killing an animal for food given the methods they had back then, but obviously atheists would deem it unnecessary slaughter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-07 14:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Quote:
I think the reference was to animal sacrifice. It's no less humane than killing an animal for food given the methods they had back then, but obviously atheists would deem it unnecessary slaughter.

Thanks for clarifying.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-01-07 14:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny enough, Christians were appalled at the acts of human and animal sacrifice in Mesoamerica upon contact with the native tribes and thus used that as one reason to initiate conquest.

I mean, these people were clearly barbarians.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-07 14:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Funny enough, Christians were appalled at the acts of human and animal sacrifice in Mesoamerica upon contact with the native tribes and thus used that as one reason to initiate conquest.

I mean, these people were clearly barbarians.

Yes there is some irony there, but when you look at the removal of a still-beating human heart as per the Aztec ritual, that has no parallel to anything in the Old Testament.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 14:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

What if I was vegan and it had nothing to do with theism? Get down off your cross, honey.

That said, though, it's more that one really shouldn't cite a self-contradictory text. I can find passages that both support protecting animals (they're worth more than women!) and beating them to death (they're just like women!).
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-07 14:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Quote:

What if I was vegan and it had nothing to do with theism? Get down off your cross, honey.

That said, though, it's more that one really shouldn't cite a self-contradictory text. I can find passages that both support protecting animals (they're worth more than women!) and beating them to death (they're just like women!).

Lol, you made the comment, therefore me referencing atheists was fair. Also, provide some of these passages. I'd love to see what you're so cynically referring to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-07 14:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to take my exit stage-right here if we're going into the "Bible hates women/It contradicts itself" discussion. Those discussions never amount to anything productive on the internet.

Back to dogs, and that guy who said something about police. My bad even asking Ravael.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-01-07 14:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No need for sectarian ***, killing a dog by pumping toxic gas into a crate is a deliberate act of cruelty for the lulz and disgusting against any creature human or otherwise. Much like throwing a dog off a bridge or watching one drown, it speaks volumes about your character and how you view other living creatures.

Empathy needs no religion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-07 14:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I am constantly stunned how much importance people place on their pets. I bet half of you would jump into the frozen lake to save your pet but wouldn't to save a stranger.

In the end it's just a dog.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 15:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you made the comment, therefore me referencing atheists was fair.
It was an educated guess, but not guaranteed to be right. I just wanted to be clear that religion isn't necessarily the reason someone may dispute something or other said in a religious text. Anyhow, I'm not an atheist: I just don't believe in your religion, which amounts to the same thing apparently.

At any rate, if we're done dragging religion into animal cruelty, let's ask a real question:

Which is worse, illegally torturing to death an animal with a terminal condition (I presume this is why the cops have been dragging their feet) or buying a dog from a puppy mill?

The first may be audacious and terrible, but it's an isolated incident. The other encourages the creation of and mass maltreatment of many, many animals.

And all those folks who get up in arms when someone mentions a pit bull or other dog with a bad reputation, those are the people implicitly supporting mills because they think that a pure rottweiler is more important than the mutt puppies their neighbor's *** just birthed. Even if you buy from a breeder, it still indicates that there's an exploitable market for less savvy or concerned consumers.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 15:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I bet half of you would jump into the frozen lake to save your pet but wouldn't to save a stranger.
Just you. This is classic projection. Personally, I'd think twice before risking my life for a labrador, but I wouldn't hesitate if I saw a human drowning.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-07 15:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an educated guess, but not guaranteed to be right. I just wanted to be clear that religion isn't necessarily the reason someone may dispute something or other said in a religious text. Anyhow, I'm not an atheist: I just don't believe in your religion, which amounts to the same thing apparently.

Sorry, I may have had my wires crossed in my memory banks. Anywho, I'm dropping the subject since it really isn't relevant to the thread.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-07 15:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet half of you would jump into the frozen lake to save your pet but wouldn't to save a stranger.
Just you. This is classic projection. Personally, I'd think twice before risking my life for a labrador, but I wouldn't hesitate if I saw a human drowning.
Classic projection? How do you know I put you in either category?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-07 15:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Would Nausi jump in a frozen lake to save Obama?

THAT would be a tough call. Lets make a reality TV show about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-07 15:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am constantly stunned how much importance people place on their pets. I bet half of you would jump into the frozen lake to save your pet but wouldn't to save a stranger.

In the end it's just a dog.
Depends on the age or whether or not I'm at work *** 90% of humans never met a dog I didn't like
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It has nothing to do with me personally. People who cynically assume that no one will help anyone are generally the people who won't. It's projection onto a general population rather than a specific person.

If anything, this story kinda proves my point, too. Even though the neighbors apparently begged this *** not to kill his dog, they didn't, y'know, remove the cage or break his jaw or one of the many other things. If someone was publicly gassing a 5-year-old boy in a cage, you can be certain the perpetrator would be hauled away in a body bag.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-07 15:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am constantly stunned how much importance people place on their pets. I bet half of you would jump into the frozen lake to save your pet but wouldn't to save a stranger. In the end it's just a dog.

I said it earlier: we treat our dogs better than we treat each other. We will let our loved ones suffer a painful disease, barely grasping and clinging to their last breaths, just to savor a few more moments with them. But we peacefully put down our dogs when we see that their situation is irrepairable.

Not that I agree with you're analogy. I think most people wouldn't flinch to help a dying person. But we tend to place far more importance as a society on animal life than other humans. Regardless of what we may see in our own small neighborhoods.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 15:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We will let our loved ones suffer a painful disease, barely grasping and clinging to their last breaths, just to savor a few more moments with them.
Fascinating. So have you signed a DNR yet?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-07 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Usual banalities from the usual suspect. No, it's not true that humans wouldn't preserve another human life, or chose an animal over a human if necessary.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-07 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If the human is not my direct family lol dog every time
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-07 15:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's just a dog though, you can't murder a dog.

We will let our loved ones suffer a painful disease, barely grasping and clinging to their last breaths, just to savor a few more moments with them. But we peacefully put down our dogs when we see that their situation is irrepairable.

Difference being that we aren't stewards of other adult humans, only of our lesser pets.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-07 15:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you can get put in prison for that. You know, having the ability to save either a human or a dog and choosing the dog.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-07 15:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It has nothing to do with me personally. People who cynically assume that no one will help anyone are generally the people who won't.

I make a generalized statement adressing the greater audience and you narrow it down and make assumptions based on me.

There's the projection you're looking for...
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-07 15:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you can get put in prison for that. You know, having the ability to save either a human or a dog and choosing the dog.
Some places have tried Good Samaritan laws unsuccessfully. Remember the last episode of Seinfeld? Kinda based on a true story.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-07 15:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberussomeone choosing a dog over myselfisnu said: »

Don't expect to see 50 so I wouldn't mind prison or some
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-07 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone choosing the dog over me*