First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-31 10:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's rare for someone to drop off the world without wanting others to know why.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-31 10:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
fonewear said: »
It's f up that people have to take to tumblr before they commit suicide back in my day we just did it without fanfare !
Its actually more uncommon that people do not leave some sort of message before they go. There are just more options of how and where you can leave that message these days.

what drama queens!
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't a boy scout so I don't have the privilege of knowing how to tie a good suicide knot.

Let's be honest if this wasn't a transgender kid would anyone care would this even make a headline ?
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-12-31 10:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
It's f up that people have to take to tumblr before they commit suicide back in my day we just did it without fanfare !

Well clearly you're using the royal "we" there, because you're still talking.

That or you didn't follow the knot chart when you tied your own rope.

We are amused.

God im going to get in trouble with all the laughing this morning.

I think its better for people who commit suicide to not leave a note, or at the most leave a picture of the person you liked the most or hated the most, don't say which let them squirm with the thought of it.

Jokes aside, good parenting saves lives.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd leave behind a picture of Obama. Obama caused my death.

I want to be a martyr for the anti Obama movement.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-31 10:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't a boy scout so I don't have the privilege of knowing how to tie a good suicide knot.

or...

[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Suicide vest I think you have to be an Eagle scout to learn how to make those !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-31 10:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
military
*zips mouth* Let's leave that alone, wouldn't wanna make mad all the patriotic folks around here.

Interesting enough when you consider 22 vets eat their guns per day.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-31 10:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest if this wasn't a transgender kid would anyone care would this even make a headline ?

I'd care.

I don't know if it would make headlines.

But that's what I was saying earlier in the thread. Teen Suicide is a problem and it needs to be addressed. Like AM and countless others have said: It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. At least in most cases.

But then, I'm an advocate for more neuropsychological health awareness in all forms.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-31 10:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to raise children with babysitters with a degree in development psychology!
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not pro suicide I just think that this person died thinking he/she is going to spread some awareness. They could have a done a lot more good living and contributing to a cause than dying for it.
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
We need to raise children with babysitters with a degree in development psychology!

Going to have to pay more than 10 bucks an hour for that !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-31 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to be a boyscout to learn how to tie a knot man... take up sailing!

There have been many teen suicides that made headlines that have nothing to do with transgender kids.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-31 10:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not pro suicide I just think that this person died thinking he/she is going to spread some awareness. They could have a done a lot more good living and contributing to a cause than dying for it.

Probably so.

But as it's been said, suicide is not a rational act, despite how reasonable or appropriate it seems to them at the time.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think being a teenager now is far more difficult than when I was.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-31 10:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Famous comedian commits suicide: National Tragedy
Transgender kid commits suicide: Attentionwhoring SJW.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Robin Williams thought committing suicide would help boost his career !

Even I think that is offensive...
By Ramyrez 2014-12-31 10:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think being a teenager now is far more difficult than when I was.

Living is more difficult period. Social media and the internet have put our entire lives on display for everyone, many times whether we want it or not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-31 10:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not always necassarily true. While I do agree that suicide is never the answer sometimes a death can send waves through a community.

This situation will be decried by some, abused for their own purposes by others, supported or denounced. She may have reached more people, however it may be taken, through her death than she may have through her life.

For example look at how many people just dismiss femnism altogether nowadays because of a vocal minority.

Mostly it is just a wasted life, usually someone who feels trapped with no way out and very little support or understanding from anyone else.
By Nazrious 2014-12-31 10:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd care.

But that's what I was saying earlier in the thread. Teen Suicide is a problem and it needs to be addressed. Like AM and countless others have said: It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. At least in most cases.

But then, I'm an advocate for more neuropsychological health awareness in all forms.

The real problem is its normally not the a holes who everyone hates, a lot of these people could get help if they asked.

Sure you have the, lost a child or PTSD situation, where there are signs. I'm talking about these teens who need help and lack the means get it or knowledge of how to.

Parents, it starts and ends here.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-31 10:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Famous comedian commits suicide: National Tragedy
Transgender kid commits suicide: Attentionwhoring SJW.

I've seen some pretty terrible things said about Robin Williams too. On this very forum!

In fact, I think a few people here just copied and pasted their responses from that thread.
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Not always necassarily true. While I do agree that suicide is never the answer sometimes a death can send waves through a community.

This situation will be decried by some, abused for their own purposes by others, supported or denounced. She may have reached more people, however it may be taken, through her death than she may have through her life.

For example look at how many people just dismiss femnism altogether nowadays because of a vocal minority.

Mostly it is just a wasted life, usually someone who feels trapped with no way out and very little support or understanding from anyone else.

I was with you till the feminism part. It is the vocal minority that speaks so loud it drowns out the rational feminist.

I get that not all feminist are crazy but it is hard to hear the rational ones cause they aren't shouting.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-31 10:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy. Set yourself on fire in front of the White House.

You'll be giving CNN, FOX and Don Lemon at least 3 cycles of continuous 'Fonewear: American Hero or Dangerous Psychopath' coverage.

And now here's "Sparthosx" who claims to have known this was going to happen on to speak on our mental health panel.

"Thanks Don, great to collect a paycheck be with you here."
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-31 10:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not always the parents' fault, come on haven't you been a teenager too? You never kept things hidden from them? Was it really so hard to do?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-31 10:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »

I'd care.

The real problem is its normally not the a holes who everyone hates, a lot of these people could get help if they asked.

Sure you have the, lost a child or PTSD situation, where there are signs. I'm talking about these teens who need help and lack the means get it or knowledge of how to.

Parents, it starts and ends here.

With kids the parents surely are the first line and have the primary responsibility. I don't think it's only on the parents; there are teachers, other family members, friends, etc.

But "a lot of these people could get help if they asked" is...well, on the surface you'd think that. But it's a very complex issue.
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be giving CNN, FOX and Don Lemon at least 3 cycles of continuous 'Fonewear: American Hero or Dangerous Psychopath' coverage.

And now here's "Sparthosx" who claims to have known this was going to happen on to speak on our mental health panel.

Don't tempt me that sounds like fun up till the fire part. I would definitely wear a shirt asking how the ratings on CNN were before I set myself on fire.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-31 10:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Many don't know where to go, how to get help or that they even do need it. Some go to the people they think will help them and are met with disdain or disaproval.

Parents are a huge help in all of this. A solid support structure could be key. Making parents aware of the dangers, of the signs is important.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Robin Williams should have faked his own death then come back to resounding applause and admiration that he is still alive !

That is how you boost a slumping career.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-31 10:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't tempt me that sounds like fun up till the fire part. I would definitely wear a shirt asking how the ratings on CNN were before I set myself on fire.

Take a few selfies then toss the camera before you immolate. If you're really tech savvy record a video ending with "Where's your Obamacare now?" and make sure to fold in some screams for dramatic effect.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 10:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing how much you can actually learn if you umm you know talk to your kids.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10