Most Efficient Way To Get A Mythic!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 18:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Most gil sellers are actually normal players. And farming the gil for a mythic doesn't make you any more competent once you obtain the mythic than one who chooses to save many hours/days/weeks of mindless easy mode grinding by working in real life to do the grinding in 1-3 days.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-08 19:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
Most gil sellers are actually normal players. And farming the gil for a mythic doesn't make you any more competent once you obtain the mythic than one who chooses to save many hours/days/weeks of mindless easy mode grinding by working in real life to do the grinding in 1-3 days.

Trying to justify buying gil, which encourages gill sellers, which impacts negatively against other players, does not support your cause.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-01-08 19:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Yes, let's just advocate someone randomly dialing up some gilseller site so that they can buy gil and therefore buy a mythic they have no idea how to use appropriately! Said individual would have such a sense of accomplishment from making said mythic!

-.-

but if he's running the demolisher, at least he helped demolish something in the local community that someone should benefit from! IF they apply the skills learned that should take care of at at least 1 assault

As for senses of accomplishment, I don't think most kids have the attention span to appreciate stuff, just that delusional sense of entitlement. "I farmed for 2hours I should have all the things now!"

Sadly, since SE doesn't seem overly concerned about screening the abuse, I guess folks can gamble with that. IF SE was really concerned it wouldn't be that hard to semi-screen it. Just mark when a character obtains their mythic. If said person suddenly has another mythic in less than say 50-65 days, something is obviously up so *toss*

But uh...staying on topic, tip: befriend one of the people exploiting the alex tricks and buy from them to supplement your farming! benefit w/out the risk?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-01-08 19:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree that gilbuyers are scum, farming your alexandrite doesn't make you a better player or preclude you from being functionally awful at the game.
[+]
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 19:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying gil doesnt hurt players. Perhaps years ago when everything was on a timed pop and by buying gil from sites you flourished their business and ambition to continue killing NM's that only popped every 2hrs. But now gil is made through non timed NM's and can be done at all times without interruption of others. And i wasnt advocating gil buying but if i'm going to be perceived as such i would advise anyone considering to do so to buy from a player in the game that has some reputation and do the deals via skype and pay pal. I've looked into the sites and from whats said, theyre all a scam. Only true way of getting it without hassle is a trusted LS player or someone you know in game.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 19:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never understood why people even care if others buy gil. Its like the natural body builders all butt hurt at steroid users because they didnt "earn it". Who gives a damn. Do you and stop hating.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-08 19:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm not a good analogy lol as it directly affects natur body builders if juicers get into same competitions
[+]
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 19:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Hmm not a good analogy lol as it directly affects natur body builders if juicers get into same competitions
I'm talking in general. Go on instagram and people are always on bodybuilders with comments "Gay *** roid head" and other similar comments.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 19:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes the ones they call roid heads arent even on roids just like some people call some players gil buyers when its not even the case.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-08 19:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes the ones they call roid heads arent even on roids just like some people call some players gil buyers when its not even the case.

Oh, if you're like a certain player on my server who showed up with 99 Aegis and then 119 Excalibur within one week (not even kidding) of each other, I can almost guarantee you buy gil and I call it like I see it.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-08 19:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually buying gil has both pros and cons. the pros is that you fed the economy by giving easy gil to people who is more likely to buy stuffs (casuals with low time to farm gil by themselves). Veterans are less likely to buy anything. I myself just spent 2m over this last month, aside random reforged to mules.

Cons is that you estimulate chinese companies to abuse third party programs with a wave of chars than will force most price to drop.

Personally i dont really care if that company mass farm an item by having countless chars and decide to sell cash for real money. What i dont accept is that those companies will keep abusing tools that will give them advantage over people who plays seriously, like flee/pos hacks, negleting effect packets, ja0, etc.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-08 19:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Oh, if you're like a certain player on my server who showed up with 99 Aegis and then 119 Excalibur within one week (not even kidding) of each other, I can almost guarantee you buy gil and I call it like I see it.
not necessarily the case i can make relics on cooldown if you're saying 1 week then they paid rl money to have relics magicked into their account lol
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 21:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying gil isnt a big deal. Anyone whos ever had a problem with it; ive always seen those people as very sad because it seems they get their esteem or identity from a video game. Because if one simply buys it, it somehow makes them so upset because someone effortlessly reached their level? I've always thought it a very weird thing to be mad if people buy gil. People who are mad at people buying gil are as weird as people getting married in the game but dont know each other in real life and acting like theyre a couple. I bet most people who hate gil buyers are actually in a commited in game only relationship now that i think about it. I'm pulling things out of my *** at this point. lmao
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-08 21:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying gil isnt a big deal. Anyone whos ever had a problem with it; ive always seen those people as very sad because it seems they get their esteem or identity from a video game. Because if one simply buys it, it somehow makes them so upset because someone effortlessly reached their level? I've always thought it a very weird thing to be mad if people buy gil. People who are mad at people buying gil are as weird as people getting married in the game but dont know each other in real life and acting like theyre a couple. I bet most people who hate gil buyers are actually in a commited in game only relationship now that i think about it. I'm pulling things out of my *** at this point. lmao

And your opinion now means nothing to us.
[+]
By lhova 2015-01-08 22:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Um this got crazy side tracked from my alchemy comment lol.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-09 01:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
I just thought about something, isn't the sub cap 70 meaning even if I get my smithing to 70 I risk deleveling my alchemy since the craft cap for *** swords is 77?

No, if you don't turn in the item to go past 70 you will be capped at 70. If by chance you did, go to a non-smithing guild and talk to the NPC there that you turn in items to raise your rank. He will ask you if you want to give up that increased rank in smithing. you will then be capped at 70 again.

So with 70 cap, torque, the two +1 GP gears, and advanced synthesis support, you are at 77. If you don't have or don't want to farm the GP for the two smithing GP gears, just get Ionis, use Kitron Macaron, and Artificer's Ring while crafting in Adoulin. Chances are you won't break being only 2 shy from cap.
By lhova 2015-01-09 07:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
lhova said: »
I just thought about something, isn't the sub cap 70 meaning even if I get my smithing to 70 I risk deleveling my alchemy since the craft cap for *** swords is 77?

No, if you don't turn in the item to go past 70 you will be capped at 70. If by chance you did, go to a non-smithing guild and talk to the NPC there that you turn in items to raise your rank. He will ask you if you want to give up that increased rank in smithing. you will then be capped at 70 again.

So with 70 cap, torque, the two +1 GP gears, and advanced synthesis support, you are at 77. If you don't have or don't want to farm the GP for the two smithing GP gears, just get Ionis, use Kitron Macaron, and Artificer's Ring while crafting in Adoulin. Chances are you won't break being only 2 shy from cap.

Nice I didn't consider not handing in item to increase. Thanks!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-09 07:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very sorry, Mrs. Offury but according to this post, he's brain dead. There is nothing we can do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-09 08:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Most gil sold in the last few years has probably come from things most people would consider exploits (Cruor botting, buffer overflows, etc.) Some of it maybe came from fishbotting, but that's likely the slowest method a gilfarmer would choose.

Regardless, most of the gil being sold is created in a way that doesn't affect other players and would not enter the economy without the gilbuyer. Therefore, the gilbuyer is at least equally responsible for the economic inflation that accompanies their purchase.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-09 08:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody ever gonna agree on the ethics of gilbuying, but doing a salvage run every day for the better part of a year(or 2 salvage runs for half that time, etc) is not making you a better player

neither is grinding dynamis daily to buy more alexandrite

having an IQ above 90 will make you a good player, whether you buy gil or farm it is personal preference at this point
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-09 08:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
nobody ever gonna agree on the ethics of gilbuying, but doing a salvage run every day for the better part of a year(or 2 salvage runs for half that time, etc) is not making you a better player

neither is grinding dynamis daily to buy more alexandrite

having an IQ above 90 will make you a good player, whether you buy gil or farm it is personal preference at this point

I would never argue that just because you have X, you are Y.

I would argue however, that if you have X because of Z, and Z is an exploit, gilbuying, or something that has a detrimental effect to other players etc, then yes it's wrong.

If you literally hacked the game to get a Mythic, when lolnice can I have that? But if it has any negative impact on your fellow players, yes you're a douche.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Most gil sold in the last few years has probably come from things most people would consider exploits (Cruor botting, buffer overflows, etc.) Some of it maybe came from fishbotting, but that's likely the slowest method a gilfarmer would choose.

Regardless, most of the gil being sold is created in a way that doesn't affect other players and would not enter the economy without the gilbuyer. Therefore, the gilbuyer is at least equally responsible for the economic inflation that accompanies their purchase.

While I agree with you to a degree (And I have heard of some amazing recent corkers that allowed people to amass BILLIONS OF GIL in a matter of minutes during the last couple of weeksWHICH I AM NOT GOING TO GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT COS DUH) this isn't necessarily true.

Now GilBuyers are probably just as bad as the sellers (if not worse), however on Cerberus we have recently been experiencing a group spamming Tojil with 12 afk leechers, while 6 people kill the entire zone in sparks gear. (12 leechers may be an exageration) and absolutely destroying the AH prices on Airlixirs etc.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-09 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the old days, RMT were more hated because they'd camp HNMs and actually sell them to LSs until SE implemented the rage system, some would repeatedly camp, bot, and sell drops from lower NMs, then one day they got into Sky and screwed everything up. They were more hated than ever. Most hate is still from those days when RMT would sell you gil to buy stuff from them because they held a monopoly. We always blamed the buyer more than the seller; if no one buys, RMT can't sell.

In XIV, RMT are more just annoyances.
[+]
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-09 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys seriously cant take a joke when people are trying to be cool about an issue. Most the people on these forums are so anal. Get over yourselves. GIl buying is fine, no gives a damn, accept losers who seriously need to get a life. Cliche comment but it fits well here.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-09 21:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys seriously cant take a joke when people are trying to be cool about an issue. Most the people on these forums are so anal. Get over yourselves. GIl buying is fine, no gives a damn, accept losers who seriously need to get a life. Cliche comment but it fits well here.
I give a damn, now hush.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-09 22:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have life do I not?

Ok, lets see, recently got married, work 2 jobs, have an active social life (Every sat / wed night due to work), I go on 5 foreign trips a year, I own a condo in Spain.

I have a HUGE family, I keep in touch with my friends without the need to use facebook, and when I have spare time, spend it on here, helping people with gearswap / other general ***and making guides etc w.e!

My life is plenty full of Real stuff, friends, family, events, progress, money, work and then the spare time I have I do it doing something good.

Oh and that trip to Somalia where I spent 3 weeks building ***for a charity.

I sir have a Fulfilled life, your comment is blatantly wrong..

Want to stress I didn't post this to brag, anyone who knows me know's I don't bring personal ***up ever.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-09 22:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

trade the condo in spain for cancer and give your wife a soul and we could be twinsies!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-09 22:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still many RMT groups in the game, though making very little money nowadays, and as you said, they make their money from sources that absolutely do not go near players, ever. All it involves are themselves and NPCs.
They make more money than any fishbot would through their own method. I have never seen an actual player exploit the game the way they do, you really need pure bots to do that.

I would argue that players cheating (fishbot + other cheats) make more money than RMTs do, therefore being the primary source of gil for said website selling gils. The reason being that there are less RMT characters making money for those websites than actual players doing so.
I remember RMTs in 2010 making less money per hour than I would do myself per hour in Dynamis later on. They just ignore any lockouts.
You could say that anyone making 3-4M per Dyna run can still be above what a RMT makes in the same time. Obviously, they ran 24/7 so they would make more money than any player, but their numbers went down drastically.

As neither the buyers nor the sellers will ever stop (SE has stopped enforcing their policies long ago), I think people should be fine with this system and not try to guess who's more at fault. It's not even a fault issue at this point as people wouldn't play the game if they couldn't sell or buy gils anymore. I think that some people only play this game out of habit and the money they make, however low the amount is, they can still pay themselves a console or a prostitute every month.
By Chyula 2015-01-09 23:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell this thread become RMT ***that no one give a ***?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-09 23:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
How the hell this thread become RMT ***that no one give a ***?

Anytime you have an accomplishment in games that can be "bought", RMT will get dragged in.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-10 01:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should just sell the gil in legal ways. If there is really a market for virtual money, i dont get why SE allow others companies to profit instead of itself (though i heard SE works together those rmt companies).

Gilbuyers just had bad luck they dont have a legitimate source of cash and need to resort to rmt, but selling virtual money by the company that owns the game isnt so rare.