By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-22 01:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Thunderz said:
when im solo brd pulling for pt

voke is cool but not needed.

and I tend not to ballad my mages

and when I do, I just toss a ballad II and thats it

when im pulling chain in a competitive enviroment and have raping DDs. I rather save that 10s to find another bird then refresh my rdm

Im pretty sure he can live without it anyways

I'm demoting you as head of the spoony club.

lol didn't realize this but

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes

/hits lud with rusty crow bar

; ;

Reason I don't ballad is because im main puller and only brd in pt

so im not gonna ballad "all" the time cuz sometimes you have all the damn sams with 100tp raping the thing so im off pulling another

Chain or MP pick :P!!
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-08-22 04:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem with being BRD. Only problem is :

Thunderz said:

so im not gonna ballad "all" the time cuz sometimes you have all the damn sams with 100tp raping the thing so im off pulling another

Also one of the things i hate is when people tell me what songs to play. I always go March & March. I kind of expect people to have capped ACC on meripo mobs anyway, or being so close to it, so that March > madrigal.

I really like to play BRD when i'm with well geared professional player; however i hate being BRDwhore for starter up newbies, I just get the desire to come as MNK and DD.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-08-22 05:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Ludoggy said:
Thunderz said:
when im solo brd pulling for pt

voke is cool but not needed.

and I tend not to ballad my mages

and when I do, I just toss a ballad II and thats it

when im pulling chain in a competitive enviroment and have raping DDs. I rather save that 10s to find another bird then refresh my rdm

Im pretty sure he can live without it anyways

I'm demoting you as head of the spoony club.

lol didn't realize this but

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes

/hits lud with rusty crow bar

; ;

Reason I don't ballad is because im main puller and only brd in pt

Chain or MP pick :P!!

This is the side-point of this thread. You should be able to pull and keep songs up all the time. If you don't then you suck. Especially with Nightingale and Troubadour available.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-23 22:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:

This is the side-point of this thread. You should be able to pull and keep songs up all the time. If you don't then you suck. Especially with Nightingale, Troubadour, Minstrel's Ring, Yigit Gomlek or Sha'ir Manteel available.

Fix'd.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-23 22:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
Antonioklaus said:

This is the side-point of this thread. You should be able to pull and keep songs up all the time. If you don't then you suck. Especially with Nightingale, Troubadour, Minstrel's Ring, Yigit Gomlek or Sha'ir Manteel available.

Fix'd.

cool story bro sadly It doesn't matter

I can pull chains 100+~ and thats all that matters, *** about its not gonna change. About that gear its not like people just ding 75 brd and have that stuff hanging around ^.^

So if your gonna Q.Q about ballad, your dumb and I do keep my songs up ON DDs and thats where it really matters.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-23 22:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yigit is free and minstrel ring is imo pretty damn cheap considering how amazing it is.

Fact is that if you're not singing songs on your mage you're not doing your job. You can try to justify it all day long but any good bard or anyone who has partied with a good bard will know you are a noob and will be talking ***about you to their friends about this brd who never ballads them.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-23 22:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
yigit is free and minstrel ring is imo pretty damn cheap considering how amazing it is.

Fact is that if you're not singing songs on your mage you're not doing your job. You can try to justify it all day long but any good bard will know you are a noob.

I sold my ring long time ago because no mages understand a simple sentance like "leave my hp in yellow".
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-23 22:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

yah many don't but thats why i have zenith on macro swap, bam yellow hp again!

they eventually figure it out when i turn yellow hp w/o getting hit a few times
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-23 22:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd my 1st mage job so I don't have /rdm done yet so mini ring won't do much for me

Yigit requires assault points and I recently finished up doing Nyzul Isle so im recently thinking about getting a group for that purpose.

and I justified that I ballad them here and there when I get the time to do it but my priority is to keep songs up on DDs
and to keep my chain.

So, no im not a noob and you sir can GTFO
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-24 04:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hey buddy take the load of ***out of your mouth because you are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, how do you need /rdm to benefit from minstrels ring? and also, you stfu and gtfo, you ***bard, you give real good bards a bad name.

I gaurantee every rdm or whm or w/e mage that cures your party talks ***because you dont ballad, less ballad cuts back on their ability to haste and cure.

You're a newb brd obviously, yah u can 100 chain so can any *** bard but if people are hasted and mage has no MP issues it can go on indefinitely, not ok i gotta break chain or chain breaks due to lack of haste which is damn near as important as your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE songs.

If you would take your job seriously you would see 300 chains, a 100 chain isnt ***to brag about i've pulled 100 as red mage, hasted and healed without any bard or cor, any non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE bard can pull 50-100 with ease.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-24 05:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Hi i'm an idiot LOLbrd giving every decent bard a bad name and i think 100 chain is awesome! so u can stfu cuz i think im good so i wont ever upgrade my lolgears or give mages ballads, *** em lol!

fix'd
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-08-24 05:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
hey buddy take the load of ***out of your mouth because you are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, how do you need /rdm to benefit from minstrels ring? and also, you stfu and gtfo, you ***bard, you give real good bards a bad name.

I gaurantee every rdm or whm or w/e mage that cures your party talks ***because you dont ballad, less ballad cuts back on their ability to haste and cure.

You're a newb brd obviously, yah u can 100 chain so can any *** bard but if people are hasted and mage has no MP issues it can go on indefinitely, not ok i gotta break chain or chain breaks due to lack of haste which is damn near as important as your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE songs.

If you would take your job seriously you would see 300 chains, a 100 chain isnt ***to brag about i've pulled 100 as red mage without any bard or cor, any non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE bard can pull 50-100 with ease.

I don't need nor ask for ballad in a merit pt. The Brd's primary job is to keep the chain going. If they somehow find time to ballad me I'll gladly take it, but I play like I wont be getting it. I think you may have been just getting crappy mages that couldn't mitigate their MP, or DD's that were MP sinks. =\
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-24 05:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nah you see if you look @ my profile i'm quite experienced as mage, DD, and bard also. A good bard will ballad and keep chains high, which is how i am as bard. Only noob bards make excuses as to why they think mage is not important.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-24 05:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

15% haste (spell) is just as important in a high chaining party and i mean a party that is > 100 as is any bard song, its a lot of haste to the melee's. You cannot chain indefinitely without this or without ballad, period...

I've been rdm whm brd, tank and DD for a long time and even so so bards can get chain 50-100 but to push beyond that means the bard is doing his job, ignoring mages is not his job.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-08-24 05:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
15% haste (spell) is just as important in a high chaining party and i mean a party that is > 100 as is any bard song, its a lot of haste to the melee's. You cannot chain indefinitely without this or without ballad, period...

I think the opposite actually. As I said I can keep up just fine sans Ballad, so that isn't an issue. It is those few seconds the Brd uses to cast it that could break the chain. THAT is what could prevent you from going indefinitely.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-24 05:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

you must have seen some Thunderz quality bards then. lol
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-08-24 10:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thegiftedmonkey said:
or DD's that were MP sinks. =\

When I do the bird camp, we kill both the middle and lower level cause my DRG's are /SAM, my WAR are /SAM with relic GAXE. You waste too much DD on /NIN to help a shitty bard not ballad the mages so they can "Conserve Mp"
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-24 10:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

woot! bard drama =P

Edit:

I think ppl are putting way too much on the bard anyway. You can have 4 shitty DD's and an awsome bard. Doesnt mater how fast the bard pulls or that he keeps all the songs up 100% of the time. if you dont reach chain #omfgmillion then all the blame is at the bards feet anyway. Coz there's no way that it can be the shitty undergeard DD's fault you're not reaching the amazing chains, nope its all the bard lol.
 Phoenix.Astronym
Server: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-24 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

eh its a combination of everyone working together. shitty dd means slower pulls means slower chain. shitty mage means they wont know to the point when bard has yellow hp, so he/she can sing faster. they wont have haste on all the dd's, wont use REGEN(low cost for 100ish hp). shitty brd means they dont know how to keep songs up, pull toofast/tooslow. they stop pulls because of something stupid, dont have merits in the right places. any one of these things can cause a party to slow down.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-08-25 00:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:

WTF IS THE SAM DOING GOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN SAM/WAR TO A MERIPO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Nobody will *** invite us unless we're /nin.
Subbing NIN makes NIN unnecessary, subbing WAR makes NIN necessary :/
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-25 01:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why all the /war talk anyways? /drg is better, unless you're using tomoe on birds, then go for /war
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-25 03:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In the right party a good RDM won't need ballad, but to say you won't every consider sing ballad is just idiotic.

A good brd will have 1-2 birds slept at all times, and unless your DD can kill 2-3 birds in 8 seconds (the on they are currently fighting and the 1-2 slept ones) then you can't say you don't have time.

The RDM running out of MP will break chain too btw.

I have 4-5 MP/tic refresh (saction refresh only works at lower MP)
I have 1100MP in my 'merit set'
I have a caped convert merits (8min 20sec)

Which means each convert cycle I have 1850MP to spend (approx) total.

Now I will refresh myself (using composure) so that cost 40MP per cycle.
And I will haste 3-4 DDs (we will assume 4) so that's 3x4x40MP = 480MP per cycle.

So I have 1330 MP to spend on curing in the cycle, which is 15 Cure 4s.
This means if I have to cast Cure 4 more than once every 33 seconds I will be out of MP before my convert is ready.

A simplistic example, but 33seconds is a long time between cures, and considering how some DDs need Cure bombing you can see how MP can get tight very fast.

Now if the Brd taking 8 seconds to ballad is going to cause the chain to be at risk then the could cast Dia on the mob just after the DD engage, if he is good at timing it, the dia will be reflected on to him (which doesn't matter). If not he can simply erase who ever got it. I have 1 merit in Dia III for meriting and zerging.

(NB: if both camps are open and your party can are 'worth it' the RDM should be casting dia on every mob, but that's a different thread about people not understanding the benefits of Dia in meritpo)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-25 05:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:

Now if the Brd taking 8 seconds to ballad is going to cause the chain to be at risk then the could cast Dia on the mob just after the DD engage, if he is good at timing it, the dia will be reflected on to him (which doesn't matter). If not he can simply erase who ever got it.

maybe its just me, but I'd never sub whm when pulling in a merit pt. the time it takes to put blink and stoneskin up isnt worth it, and blink doesnt always absorb lullaby.
 Odin.Jaam
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Jaam 2009-08-27 09:02:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Since I make alot of parties I deal with the brds just like I deal with my dd. "If you dont like it we have 2 easy solutions. #1 you simply stfu and deal with it. #2 you simply stfu and leave. Dont worry It wont be hard to rep you. A lot of people are seeking today so your easy to replace" I even kicked out some BRDs cause they didnt do what I asked and I asked too many times. There needs to be a thread about picky pt leaders. I'll get a kick out of that.
 Alexander.Auronius
Server: Alexander
user: auro
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-27 09:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. Maybe the relic SAM was subbing /nin because constant Cure4 spam does not a good merit party make?

Why do NAs not understand that max DPS is not always the best means for max ExpPS?

This isn't a picky bard rant, just a general brd rant.

Friend and I are doing KSNM, get a brd. Since the rest of the party was /rdm we ask him to meet us in portJ and tele dem us.

He doesn't have tele-dem. Ok... no biggy, I just switch to /whm, wait for him for an HOUR when he goes to PortSandy and waits for the damn boat (300gil + 100IS Do you need it? Wtf). He arrives, runs to get his orb. I start casting teledem. He says "Boat's here >.>" and runs off to the dock area. The rest of us are kinda stunned and start running for the boat because I can at least tele from there once it takes off.
Too late. Boat takes off and he's the only one on it.

So I teledem the rest of us. We run to Waughroon. He takes 20 more mins doing god knows what. Turns out he doesn't have teledem because he's too busy with endgame to do quests, and he's spending gil getting WW to 100, so can't be bothered to buy it.
k

Then he chimes in "wow 4 blms and not on waited for me"
huh?!

His location: Gusgen Mines.

"Well... I think we all assumed you would just go to Palborough..."

"Doh I'm an idiot. I'll brt"

5 mins pass, his loc has changed to Oldton, he says "Auro just tele and come get me"

Nothing I'd rather do then help you out, Mr. Bard.

I go get him. Escape from Oldton. I stand at the zone line and wait for Mazurka. He runs ahead, Mazurka's himself and runs off the Palborough.

Epitome of the spoiled, arrogant brd with no consideration for others.
 Fairy.Tibz
user: Tibz
By Fairy.Tibz 2009-08-27 11:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently 73 Brd and I very rarely have any parties that are nit picky or overly demanding. Then again I'm pretty flexible to what each party would like.

Quite often I'll get "OMG finally a brd that pulls and keeps ballad going!!", which always suprises me because it shouldn't be all that difficult. I don't have any -songcast equipment and I'm usually able to keep everything going, including the chains.

Since each party behaves differently it usually takes me 4 or 5 mobs to get into a rythm so I can properly cycle songs and keep them up. Also includes keeping an eye on the Pld's MP and popping ballad on them as needed (thank god for Pianissimo).

Personally I prefer to be /whm for backup curing, but for hard core pulling I'm always /nin. Being /nin and not being able to cure in time of extreme need drives me bonkers. =(
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-08-27 23:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate it when I have to pull knowing ballad is down. I'll still pull to keep up chain but knowing ballad is down bothers me. It shouldn't since I have Ghorn and you get the mp back in 45 secs but still.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-27 23:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
you must have seen some Thunderz quality bards then. lol

hahaha

your funneh
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-28 02:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Argettio said:

Now if the Brd taking 8 seconds to ballad is going to cause the chain to be at risk then the could cast Dia on the mob just after the DD engage, if he is good at timing it, the dia will be reflected on to him (which doesn't matter). If not he can simply erase who ever got it.

maybe its just me, but I'd never sub whm when pulling in a merit pt. the time it takes to put blink and stoneskin up isnt worth it, and blink doesnt always absorb lullaby.

I meant as the RDM, I monitor the party and if we have a long pull or any situation where we may lose chain then I cast Dia III on the mob to speed up the kill.

And if I time it right it will reflect on to me (as the RDM) which doesn't matter at all as I don't need Defence, and the DoT is counteracted by auto-regen from /WHM.
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-08-28 02:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is hard enough without more nerfs but imho BRDs should be nerfed so they get religion. i.e pt like normal ppl.

Asking a BRD to pt is like talking to SE customer service and keeping them from leaving prematurely is like Carrot Top's next movie: You want to stop it, but it's inevitable.

A better solution would be to give some -ga buffs and and SleepIII to RDMs. That oughta learn 'em!